Any ideas on full time work at home jobs - no USA location required?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (16 posts)
  1. hinazille profile image82
    hinazilleposted 11 years ago

Hey everyone! Do you know of any contractual or hourly basis jobs that you can do from home without having to live in a particular country?
    Anything you have tried or are currently doing - that works?

Any suggestions welcome smile

1. eaglecreek profile image60
      eaglecreekposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dont be discouraged by those that chime in with insults, insinuating that you are some lazy person. There are many opportunities out there. It takes lots of research. Never sign up or do work for anyone without doing a little research on them. For every legit opportunity there are 20 scams.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 11 years ago

Since this is the holy grail of every lazy person, gamer, invalid, mother and redundant worker, GOOD LUCK!

You can get in there and join an MLM (which is bloody hard work and low pay), or get qualifications, or learn how to earn online. There is no "EASY" work from home job.

hinazilleposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol well actually i am a registered Pharmacist with a Masters degree in Pharmacy from the UK. Currently living in the Caribbean where work is not exactly slow, but just tedious to get started with. been out of a job for 7 months now WAITING on the relevant bodies to get their paperwork organised...

If I could start a site and offer pharmacist consultations (with emphasis on natural remedies and non conventional meds), I certainly would opt for that. No expertise in this area though so was looking for an alternative source of income....

1. Stacie L profile image88
        Stacie Lposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You could tutor or teach online with skype on a school website or on your own...Science and math are areas in high demand

this sounds like a great idea! although I would love, absolutely LOVE to teach biology and pharmacology based topics pro bono, as it would be something I would be doing on a full time basis, I need to figure out a way to monetize it. I am fully dedicated and committed to making it work though...

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That sounds like a great idea, and is not so hard to get started as you might think.

PM me if you want some help getting started.

PM'ing you now...

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

Did you get my reply?

Yes I did Marisa, I will get back to you on that God willing, the electricity was out in the area we live in on the island for hourrrssss today so I will hit you back up ASAP.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

It sounds like WriteAngled's lead may be a better option with more potential for immediate income.  Good luck with it!

3. WriteAngled profile image75
        WriteAngledposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do you know any language sufficiently to understand medical/pharma content in it? If so, you could look at medical translation. I have been doing this as a full-time freelance since 2004, and for several years moonlighting before that. I have far more work offered than I can accept. I do not have any linguistic qualifications whatsoever. The important thing is understanding the subject matter, which often proves difficult for language graduates. There is a constant stream of documentation from clinical trials around the world that has to be translated. Proz.com is a good place to start. You can set up a profile for free. That is how I found most of my clients.

wow. that sounds like a hot lead! i will definitely sign up on the website you suggested - don't you have a referral link smile

1. WriteAngled profile image75
            WriteAngledposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, it's not an affiliate set up at all. I was on it for a few years with a free profile before I switched to paying member. The main reason I did become a paying member was because I felt I owed the site something!

2. profile image0
          EmpressFelicityposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, thanks for this - great idea. I'm a chemistry graduate and I spent a number of years as a freelancer, writing pharmacological patents abstracts. And I have a working knowledge of German.

3. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

From what I can see, translation is far more lucrative than writing, as long as you work through proper channels like Proz rather than the cheap freelance markets that cover every type of work. I expect to earn at least £150 on days when I work, and often it's significantly more. That's why I don't have time to put up many hubs smile

BTW, it is possible to register directly with some translationagencies on their web sites as well.

German is one of the languages out of which I am asked to translate most often.

Translators of patents tend to charge higher rates than average! It's not something I offer because of the special way certain terms are used in patents. I don't feel confident enough about it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)