Google Analytics Problem--Help!

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)
  1. TamCor profile image79
    TamCorposted 11 years ago

My husband and I share a Google account.  My traffic has been very slow for months, but this shows it as non-existent...I can't figure out what this means, and what I need to do to change it.  It shows my visits as 0 (-100%).   

Can someone help me?  The more I try to understand this information, the more confused I get...ugh.

I tried to enlarge the pic, but for some reason, it wouldn't take. I also tried to do a screen print first, but couldn't figure out how to upload it here, so I had to use my camera, sorry... sad

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6928195_f248.jpg

2. TamCor profile image79

I think I figured out how to enlarge it, finally... smile

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/beffytam/001-1.jpg

3. Tom Cornett profile image81
    Tom Cornettposted 11 years ago

Bumping this up for us... smile

4. Redberry Sky profile image89
    Redberry Skyposted 11 years ago

Have you tried re-entering your GA tracking code in your settings - I've never had to do this but I've seen on Google forums where GA tracking goes missing or out of synch with a website (or something, I'm not sure what) and the advice from Google was to re-do the tracking code.  It seemed to fix the problem in some cases, so even if everything seems to be in the right place it might be worth trying.

TamCorposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Redberry Sky--I will see if I can figure out how to do this.  I confess to not being very savvy when it comes to this type of thing.  smile  At least it's something I can try, though--thanks again SO very much! big_smile

1. Redberry Sky profile image89
        Redberry Skyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hope it helps, TamCor smile (I think you enter your GA pub-ID in the 'Earnings' > 'Reporting Settings' of your HubPages 'My Account' but it's been 2 months since I did it so I can't remember - mind like a sieve! - the proper instructions will probs be in the Learning Centre somewhere)  I think it can take 3 days to start reporting again, too, so you might not get instant results.

Good luck smile

TamCorposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for adding that info--I was just searching around, without success, trying to figure out what to do, so I'll try these suggestions next.  Oh how I wish I had a Google Adsense expert sitting right here beside me, because I am LOST, lol.  smile

5. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 11 years ago

Analytics is showing your HP traffic -- it's just all rolled up with your hubby's. You can go into your Analytics dashboard and look at views to each page individually, but that's it.

You entered the URL of http://hubpages.com/profile/TamCor into Analytics, which should only show views to your profile page, assuming you have entered your Analytics ID correctly into HP.

Your hubby has correctly entered http://hubpages.com, which will track views to ANY AND ALL pages on HP tagged with your Analytics ID, which is your account and your hubby's account.

If you use the same Analytics ID for two different HP accounts, there's no way for Analytics to separate the views. Think of it this way... 

You and your hubby have 10 identical white coffee mugs tagged with the exact same logo -- five are yours and five are his. You put them out in a row and ask me to identify which mugs belong to you and which belong to your hubby. How the heck am I supposed to do that unless you use a different logo on your mugs than your hubby does!?!

Make sense?

6. TamCor profile image79

Thank you lrohner...it does make sense.  If that's the case, then that's fine if it's all in Tom's name. smile

So does what you mentioned about my URL mean that I should change it?  Or won't it make a difference?

I admit that I'm lost here.  I am still trying to figure out HOW to do it, if that's the case.

We make next to nothing with Adsense--pennies per month, is all.  I keep thinking maybe we've done something wrong, but just don't know how to go about finding out.  I know about all the Panda updates, so that may be why, but I don't know for sure...

Thanks again--I wish there were classes I could take to understand this stuff, lol...or someone could come here, to my home, and sit down and show me step by step, what to do... big_smile

1. lrohner profile image69
      lrohnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't bother changing it. It won't make a difference unless you create a new Analytics account and use that ID for your own things on HP. Otherwise, just look to hubby's account for your views.

7. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

Mine is still set this way, and it shows stats/activity to my entire sub-domain.  When I first joined, that was my site URL.  I was told we didn't need to change it after sub-domains.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)