Prophethood in Islam

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (13 posts)
  1. mkjohnston81 profile image79
    mkjohnston81posted 10 years ago

Allah did give us those instructions before.  Per the Quran (and as written above), Allah sent many messengers to all nations, throughout all of time.  The first prophet was Adam, the first man in existence.  So Allah began instructing us from the moment he created us.

1. EncephaloiDead profile image55
      EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The instructions before Allah were completely different than the Quran, they are not the same at all. The instructions never arrived to Native Indians in America, either, or Australia, or, New Zealand, or South America. How do you account for that?

1. mkjohnston81 profile image79
        mkjohnston81posted 10 years agoin reply to this

The instructions weren't different at all.  The most important instruction to follow is to worship God alone, without associating partners with Him.  All monotheistic religions say the same thing.  The Quran states that you don't HAVE to be Muslim to get to heaven.  If you are following that message that He has been sending out from the first creation of mankind (worship God alone), then you will return to Him in the end.  So you could be following the teachings of an earlier prophet (like Abraham or Jesus) and you would be ok. 
        Also, I would argue that those instructions did arrive at every location you mentioned above.  Did you read the original post, that some think there were thousands of prophets sent to mankind?  Just because we don't have a written history of them doesn't mean they didn't exist.  Native Americans, for example, tell stories of a great flood that occurred long ago.  These stories predate Christian settlers.  How do you suppose it happened that Native Americans were passing down stories that were so similar to those being told halfway around the world?

1. profile image0
          Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ever stop to ask why any God would need or care for worship? What would one call a person who demands worship and will punish those who don't comply? Religions are lies made and invented to get the general public in line with what someone wants of them. In both the Jewish and Islamic holy books it's used to give men the ability and right to kill guilt free. In 1830 by Joseph Smith wrote The Book of Mormon which contains racism and leads many to allow him and others to have multiple wives and to make matters worse there are still Mormons today worshipping the racism that Smith told the world God gave him the instruction to teach. How is what he did any different than what Mohammad did? Mohammad was a military leader who instructed his men that God ordered killings in order for his men to be guilt free.

The idea that Gods demand war and killings because they can't or don't have the power to stop the killing themselves is both ironic and sad and the fact that many can't see the lies is an embarrassment to humanity.

Wake up people.

1. arksys profile image84
            arksysposted 10 years agoin reply to this

you have some good points Rad Man... but i think you may have a few wrong facts about Mohammad.

he was a leader who stood with his people even during war...something which we don't see or even think of today. There were many war's during the start of Islam. Mohammad was not present in all the wars (if he was a military leader he would be in all of them)... an example of a military leader in Islam is Khalid-bin-Waleed. In a war people were instructed not to hurt anyone who is not holding a sword ... "no woman or child is to be hurt " were the specific orders.

Islam allowed people of other faiths to live amongst them but charged them a tax to protect them if the city/town was attacked. even people of other faiths went to Mohammad to decide justly in their issues because they knew he was never biased. He was not a cold blooded killer as you seemed to have described him.

too many things to write ... so instead i'll just paste Mohammad's last sermon.

O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and take these words to those who could not be present here today.
            O' People, just as you regard this month, this day, and this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your lord, and that he will indeed reckon your deeds.
            Allah has forbidden you to take usury (interest), therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity. Allah has judged that there shall be no interest and that all the interest due to Abbas ibn 'Abd'al Muttalib (Muhammad's uncle) shall henceforth be waived...”
            Every right arising out of homicide in pre-Islamic days is henceforth waived and the first such right that I waive is that arising from the murder of Rabiah ibni al-Harithiah.(Mohammad's relative)
            O men! the unbelievers indulge in tampering with the calendar in order to make permissible that which Allah forbade, and to prohibit what Allah has made permissible. With Allah, the months are twelve in number. Four of them are holy, three are successive and one occurs singly between the months of Jumada and Shaban.
            Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.
            O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under Allah's trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness.
            And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste.
            O People, listen to me in earnest, worship Allah, say your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to.
            All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.
            Remember one day you will meet Allah and answer your deeds. So beware, do not astray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.
            O People! No Prophet or apostle will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore O People! and understand words that I convey to you.
            I have left among you the Book of Allah, and if you hold fast to it, you would never go astray.
            All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. O Allah, be my witness, that I have conveyed your message to your people.

1. profile image0
              Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This makes sense to you? I guess he was't big on gender equality. If they do everything you ask then they have the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. They just can't make any friends you don't like. No mention about your friends she doesn't like? Funny, it says she has rights, but doesn't mention them.

yes it makes sense to me.

I have asked many muslim ladies both in my home and in work places if they feel equality for women in islam.

they say yes there is equality ... some of it cannot be seen but in the end they do really feel either greater than or equal to men. a chapter in the Quran also clearly mentions the rights of women (something which was unheard of in those days).

the most honest answer i got from all the ladies was from my own sister... she seemed troubled for a while and i asked her what's wrong ... she said she didn't feel equal to men in this world ... this was during the time she had started working for a university as a professor ... a year or two later she was married and had a kid and i clearly remember when she said i used to think there is no equality but there is equality ... a different kind...

it does not matter Rad Man if you or I think there is, or is not, any gender equality ... it matters the most to the individual who is going through the system and how they really feel. if they are satisfied, then i am satisfied.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
              A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Of course, there were many wars, Mohammad started them. And, those wars raged on for centuries as Muslims conquered much of the known world at that time. That is why the Crusades began, Christians went to war with Muslims over conquered lands.

That is not true. A military leader has generals to wage wars for them.

That's called extortion.

firstly i didn't say there were no wars or a few ... i think about 27 or more during the time of the prophet and many many more during the time of Umar and Abu Bakr.

maybe you are right troubled man... i'll try keeping this conversation in mind the next time i read about the wars in islam... maybe i'll get a new perspective on things.

"A military leader has generals to wage wars for them".

so do you think we can call most of the american presidents military leaders?

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
                  A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests

Isn't the POTUS called the "Commander in Chief"?

i have no idea  ... i'm sorry i don't know everything about america.

and the queen of england would be the military leader of GB? ( just asking to understand the whole military leader business).

thanks for the link ... i'll go through it soon.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)