Simone's Site Is In Beta!

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (30 posts)
  1. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 10 years ago

Gigaverse, the site that Simone left Hubpages to work on.... is now in beta.

I've signed up and submitted my profile for vetting and hopefully will be starting on some of the courses and credentials on the site. From a brief look, it's definitely a great place to get good information a range of relevant online topics. Definitely check it out!

1. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I saw it yesterday, it's awesome! Go Simone smile

Jeez, I really, really miss her though hmm

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image84
      DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Good for her!  Brava!  I'll have to go have a look-see!

3. Hikapo profile image77
      Hikapoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

whats her site address?

4. AMAZING THINKER profile image60
      AMAZING THINKERposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My opinion as a user.
      Good content but she should hire a new web designer!!
      The site is  too slow, not user friendly, nonfunctional design, and it's TOO BLUE!
      I have visited the site before, through twitter I think, and it didn't make a very good first impression; I left the site in 2 min after unsuccessfully trying to figure out what the site was about. I didn't knew her then, or like you guys would have put a little more effort to like it.

May be you guys liked the site cause you like Simone!!

Get to the point, Simone! No one wants to spend an hour reading that long intro to figure out what your site is about.

Anyone knows about tutsplus.com?? They offer web design courses. 
      Simple yet great design, user friendly, functional, to the point.

Their Home page:

A huge library of educational content to help you learn.

Web Development
          Graphic Design
          Motion Graphics

V/S

Gigaverse

Create your ideal life and career using
      our courses, vetting, guidance, and connections.

blue background, some icons

?????

Simone, hire someone from Tuts+ to design your site!
      https://tutsplus.com/

1. ChristinS profile image39
        ChristinSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I like Simone, so I spent a great deal of time there trying to figure it out.  I agree with many of your points. It's not user-friendly at all and the design falls way flat.  I don't say that lightly or to be harsh.  I really, really want to see them have a successful site and I think the content is very valuable. 

Unfortunately, people have very short attention spans and I don't think they'll go for it if it isn't a tad clearer what it is all about right up front.

2. Cardisa profile image88

I don't understand what is so hard to understand about the site. I honestly don't see the problem with the site. To me, when you visit the site and hover the icons I get the idea that I will learn about these items based on "Create your ideal life and career using our courses, vetting, guidance, and connections"; which is the first statement you see.

Then you scroll below and see the courses which is actually a pinboard. Personally it's very clear what the site is about. When the site was in development I didn't quite get it but since the launch everything seems clear to me.

5. profile image0
      Earl Noah Bernsbyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Cool!  I follow Simone on Twitter, and have been meaning to check out Gigaverse.  Guess Now's as good a time as any ... *types & clicks*

2. WryLilt profile image87

Woot! My profile has been approved. Anyone want to come endorse me? Lol

1. Solaras profile image95
      Solarasposted 10 years agoin reply to this

How do we find you on the site?  What name are you writing under?

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

SusannahBirch. Click "members" smile

2. profile image0
      Earl Noah Bernsbyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Consider it done.

3. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

That is one heck of a front page! smile

4. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

It looks crap in Internet Explorer.

Interesting that one of the avenues advertised is blogging yet it was Simone herself who six months ago said blogging as an income generator was dead.  Here's the link - it's on the HP home page! http://schedule.sxsw.com/2013/events/event_IAP4646

Just smells like another of those intermediary scrape a bit off the top sites.

Actually.. .with hindsight.. I haven't the foggiest idea what the site or Simone are selling.

Maybe it's accredatation.  Buy course, get accreditation.  Whoop-de-do.

The last paragraph says that there is hope Mark:

"Does this mean that high quality user-generated content tied to an influential online persona is a thing of the past? Hardly! Join user-generated content expert Simone Smith as she discusses how the individual is coming back to the world of UCG- and sharing work that is richer and more comprehensive than ever before."

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes.  She went for the catchy headline and then explained it differently.

lol lol, that's Marketing for you big_smile

BTW, the site is for people who want to learn how to really make money online and build their online business. She offers classes/lessons/tutorials in everything to do with making money on the internet.

Yeah... it kind of sounds familiar...

2. Shanna11 profile image76
      Shanna11posted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you're still using IE, you deserve to have it look bad. Worst browser ever relative to Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

Hmmm, well I hear what you are saying but hey - a fair percentage of people use it.  Responsibility of the web design team to make sure it works with ALL browsers.

1. Shanna11 profile image76
          Shanna11posted 10 years agoin reply to this

True enough.
          I would check it out on IE to see but opening IE is like opening Itunes. It takes forever.

2. AMAZING THINKER profile image60
        AMAZING THINKERposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Web designers all over the world don't thinks so!
        It's their responsibility to make it work.
        I
        D
        on
        t
        c
        ar
        e
        a
        bo
        u
        t
        I
        E
        us
        er
        s
        The designer must have said the same thing: "IE users don't deserve to use this site, I neither have enough time nor skills to optimize it for IE.
        May be there is a web design course on Gigavrese.

3. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow Mark, you're cynical today! Actually, all the courses and endorsements are free.  And a lot of the courses are very good... I'll be sending people there because they give clear and simple information... Something that can be quite difficult to find in one place. Plus, you can submit courses wink

Looks the same to me on IE as Chrome and FF?

5. brakel2 profile image72
    brakel2posted 10 years ago

One of the courses may be SEO. I will look at site in IE

6. innerspin profile image87
    innerspinposted 10 years ago

Thanks, WryLilt, for pointing this out, otherwise I may have missed it smile

7. quiterandom profile image68
    quiterandomposted 10 years ago

I'm not sure I understand what the site is for. I think it might be 'online classes' to learn how to make money online...? I think?
    I feel like after looking at 3 or 4 pages on the site, I should have a better understanding of what their 'service' is.

8. WryLilt profile image87

May I just remind everyone complaining about the layout... How many Hubpages posts we see from confused new members?

Also, it's in beta.

9. WryLilt profile image87

I have never felt as dumb as after spending an hour and a half doing quizzes and courses on Gigaverse. My head hurts. The site is amazing but intense.

10. humahistory profile image73
    humahistoryposted 10 years ago

Just checked it out - can't see why others can't figure it out - seems pretty straightforward to me. Became a member straight away; updated profile etc. within a few minutes. Did not need to get vetted as I don't need to obtain work. Will return at a more opportune moment to do the rest and check out the courses.
    Seems as easy as it could be, so far!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)