Happiest experience

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (21 posts)
  1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 10 years ago

After joining HubPages, what was your most happiest experience? Please share.

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Connecting with ppl. Laughing with ppl. Encouraging and being encouraged by ppl... so mainly the ppl thing. Also I got a free t-shirt, that I wasn't gonna wear, cause I dont really wear tshirts, but it was really soft. Thank you HP's! smile

2. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Getting paid,
      Being named the fifth best hubber for 2011 or was it 2012? Honestly don't remember...lol
      My first and only HOTD (my hub is awesome!) No WTF title there wink

1. lobobrandon profile image89
        lobobrandonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Haha to the HOTD smile

1. Cardisa profile image88
          Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol...yeah, there was a HOTD with WTF in the title...lol

1. lobobrandon profile image89
            lobobrandonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yup I know, I saw your thread about it and even the hub.

3. mgt28 profile image60
      mgt28posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I enjoy the forum discussions here. A week ago I was pleasantly surprised when my hub was given an Editor's Choice status. Other than that I am just starting.

1. profile image0

Good for you. smile

4. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think it was when someone wrote me an email telling me one of my articles really helped him with a particular problem he was having. It let me know I actually reached someone with what I wrote and it did some good. Funny thing is, that Hub gets hardly any traffic. People just don't search for the kind of thing I wrote about in that Hub. I admit, it's just something I love to write about and I'm most passionate about. Often that does not translate into traffic or cash. Still good though.

2. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 10 years ago

There was a time when the forums were often really, really, silly; so I had a lot of Sunday mornings or else Friday nights when I'd be sitting here and laughing at some of the stuff people would get going on here.

Other than that, my real happiest moment was hitting the five-hundred-dollars-in-a-month mark; however, that was then; this is now.    hmm

1. profile image0

Wow, that's incredible. I can't even imagine. What was your biggest hub?

1. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The earnings were a matter of x percent of about three hundred forty Hubs that added up, with some doing better than others.  I started hacking up my Hubs and subdomain in my efforts to start figuring out what I could/should do with Hubs that once were OK/did well on here and that now aren't/don't, so the whole subdomain and the Hubs are kind of unrecognizable at this point - at least as far as earnings of the past go.  Anyway, some of the earnings loss wasn't my fault.  A lot of it was my own doing/choice.

1. profile image0

That was a lot of technical talk... Im not sure I know what a sub domain is... I do know what a hub is. Maybe this impresses you?

1. Lisa HW profile image61
            Lisa HWposted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol   I'm very impressed that you know what a Hub is.  Have you noticed how some new people sometimes say things like,  "I just joined the Hub today.."?  So not everyone knows what a Hub is. 

Your subdomain is your whole account's worth of Hubs, your user name, and the URL for that user-name's profile page.  It's your individual URL within HP's main address  If you've established authorship with Google and linked it to your profile your subdomain is also essentially attached to that authorship in the "eyes" of Google..

HP started subdomains as a way of kind of turning each user's account into "it's own little site" .  Before then, and after Panda, users were being "all lumped together under one HubPages roof" and were "slapped" when Google "slapped" the whole site and everyone on it.  Subdomains meant Google could slap individual subs for whatever it deemed as "bad quality", leaving subdomains that were "seen" as OK enough un-slapped.

Anyway, my subdomain is a big horror these days.    lol

1. profile image0

I feel so much smarter now, thanks.
              Why is yours a mess?

3. writinglover profile image77
    writingloverposted 10 years ago

After joining, I was happy that I got to share my stories with people and connect with others through said stories (personal stories, fiction stories, etc.). Oh, look! It's Beth! One of my favorite followers...mind you, I'm not sucking up! big_smile She's the best! big_smile

1. profile image0

Why can't we make hearts on hubpages? A great loss.

I am one of your favorite followers.

1. writinglover profile image77
        writingloverposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think you can come close to making a heart with this: <3

You really are the best! big_smile

1. profile image0

Aw you can make a heart... it's a love fest. lol
          <3 big hug too. smile

4. CWanamaker profile image94
    CWanamakerposted 10 years ago

I'd have to say that it would be a tie between winning a Hub Nugget award and Winning $50 in one of the Hub contests.

5. lady rain profile image93
    lady rainposted 10 years ago

Getting my first payout of over $80, I felt like a millionaire big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)