Millenial reign of Christ

Jump to Last Post 201-221 of 221 discussions (663 posts)
  1. someonewhoknows profile image73
    someonewhoknowsposted 14 years ago

From the information I have read Jesus is not going to return for at least 500 years.In my opinion we are at page 443 Those who take the mark of the beast has yet to happen,or already has according to some.   "In visons of the end" of the king james version of the new English bible.(1961)New Testament

2. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Just having fun   I was teasing  was that funny ?

1. earnestshub profile image82
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Probably a dangerous way to go about it, but funny. smile

3. Jerami profile image58

The war is over. Politically correct dictionary should solve all of this if any one wants to solve it.

4. Jerami profile image58

Earnest do ya wanna join us we are going to fix the world.

5. Judah's Daughter profile image78
    Judah's Daughterposted 14 years ago

All I can say is Jesus said He didn't come to bring peace, but a sword.  He offended many, though was not guilty Himself.  His apostles were not sinless, but even though, they knew they had to get the gospel message out there for those who would receive it.  They offended so many, all but one died a martyr's death, except John; but if he was the John that wrote Revelation, being exiled to the Island of Patmos certainly wasn't an easy ending for his life either.  We have to spread the gospel, and the Word says the world will hate us because they hated Him (Jesus Christ) and do not therefore, know God.  We are not to be "friends" with the world, but to do what we are called to do, as lovingly as possible.  Jesus overthrew the money changers' tables in the temple, but yet never sinned!  He rebuked the Jews, and even that was not sin!  There's what the world calls "love" and then there's God's love, the truth that darkness hates.  If we love anything more than we love God and our calling by Him, we are not worthy to be His disciples.

6. earnestshub profile image82
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

So your god makes man, an apparent flop, then he invents the devil to cover up for it and then blaims man, his own creation. Science is currently rebuilding that which was such a mess at a cellular level, and when the current knowledge of the genome is expanded, your god is gonna go poof and disappear in to the weird and ancient myths category, along with all the hate and intolerance needed to support such an idiotic belief! smile

1. Judah's Daughter profile image78
      Judah's Daughterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Will you be alive to see this happen?  Job 11:12 "An idiot will become intelligent when the foal of a wild donkey is born a man."  Can you intelligently tell me the meaning of this?  Know that you will stand before this God one day and explain all this to Him, for I'm sure you think He has no clue and must learn from you.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can translate this for you.

"There will always be people who think they have the answer and are spreading god's love. But - they are lying to themselves and spreading hatred. The only thing to do with these people is feed them to the lions." sad

And so they thought with the Prophet Daniel...

And no matter how many times you tell them they will always argue and fight until they eventually destroy you or them. They will never be able to see how wrong and hateful they are.

Who would be there to save YOU from the lions?  Do you not feel hatred as you write addressing me and other Christians?

And they will never ever be able to see that everything they say actually applies to themselves. every time they quote scripture at you - they should be turning it around at themselves.

No matter the anger and hatred they attract - they will always think they are in the right. Because they have the word of an invisible god - that is more important to them than anything else.

Jesus will win the battle of Har-Magedon simply by the Word of His mouth (Scripture), so no wonder you don't like it.  Everything I say does apply to me; otherwise, I wouldn't know it to even share it with you.  God IS in the right.  I'm glad you see that God and His Word is more important to Christians than anything else.  Praise the Lord!

It is as plain as the nose on my face. Christians do not care one whit for anyone or anything else, and it does not matter how much conflict and hatred is spread as long as they are shouting their word.

And some of them do not and will never be able to understand why this causes so much hatred and ill will. Because they think they have an invisible super being telling them what to do and did not understand the message. 

RAmen !!

7. earnestshub profile image82

and so you assume, insultingly that either Mark has not read or understood the bible, as he disagrees. smile

Obviously, Mark has read the Bible, as my comment above shows (he accuses women of not following the law of being submissive to their husbands).  But, to acknowledge God's law there, would mean to acknowledge all of God's Law, correct?  To say he has no sin means he has never broken one of God's laws.  If he doesn't believe the Bible or in God, therefore he has no accountability to any law, then he can say in his own heart that he is sinless.  Simple math.  Note the spirit of Antichrist is that of "lawlessness" (no Law of God), but he will claim to be God.  Interesting, isn't it?  He will have no sin in his own heart and mind, for there is no law in his own heart.

You are being obtuse. The laws in your book do not apply to me because I do not believe in your invisible super being.

But - they apply to you and you choose to break them.

And here I am telling you that you are causing hatred and conflict - and you are arguing aggressively that it does not matter because the word of god is the most important thing in your life.

How silly.

So, you see I am sinful, right?  You cannot say I have no sin, nor do I say such a thing.  I am thankful to Jesus for His forgiveness.  If I were married, I would certainly follow His law to honor my husband as the head of the home.  We are all imperfect and sinful.  No one can live a sinless life.  If we could, we would have no need for a Savior.

We have no need for a savior.

Because you say you have no sin, YOU obviously have no need for a Savior.  According to the Bible, you are deceiving yourself.  I pray you will become "enlightened" to the fact you are indeed a sinner in need of forgiveness.

LOL

Just not getting it are you? This is the problem with letting other people do your thinking for you.

I do not sin. I am not a sinner. I do not need forgiveness.

Every time you  tell me that you are speaking with the voice of a magical super being - I will laugh at your ridiculous beliefs. lol

8. Jerami profile image58

I will never understand why, If a person believes in and loves God and the word of God, Why does it HAVE to be interpreted? I can understanding the need to interpret what man/woman says. But when God, Jesus, or Gabriel speaks, what sinner is worthy to change the meaning of the message with their own interpretation??  I have been looking for that verse that says that God doesn't understand the human languages well enough and needs help saying what he meant to say. The definition of a believer of God requires that we believe what he said the way that he said it. Once the interpretations begin you cant stop them. The word of God is true when we leave it alone. Read it don't change it, or add to it.   and good night.

9. earnestshub profile image82

So that one may be forgiven by this entity.

So this is what the LORD Almighty says about them: "I will punish them!  Their young men will die in battle, and their little boys and girls will starve.  Not one of these plotters from Anathoth will survive, for I will bring disaster upon them when their time of punishment comes."   (Jeremiah 11:22-23 NLT)
    but that's ok, they were non believers! Wot a crock!

That is the Law of sin and death.  If you don't have the Savior, you are under God's wrath.  I'm sorry to tell you this, but it's in the Word.  This is WHY God became a Man, Jesus Christ, and PAID this price for us!  He is LOVE and now forgives our sins, PAID IN FULL.  Without Jesus Christ, we have no forgiveness.

Who are the two most hated religions on earth?  Yes, JEWS and CHRISTIANS.  But we have hope in our God, our Father who saves us and gives us eternal life.  Our life here is temporary; so is yours.  There is no salvation, only condemnation outside of Christ.  It is the eternal Law of God.  He made the Way and invites everyone to walk in Him and receive Him as Lord and SAVIOR.

10. earnestshub profile image82

And without religion we do not have sin, and can move on with helping mankind to run a safer mental state, based on brain science, medicine and psychology that we have tested and shown to be worthwhile. smile

Christians can do this, too.  We do!  These are matters of life here, but there is eternal life also, and one needs also to help others to find a safer spiritual state based on the Word, the healing the Spirit gives and the renewing of the mind that we have tested and shown worthwhile. :-)

No - you cannot ignore 1500 years of conflict. Even now - you are causing conflict and hatred - and have told me this does not matter because you are right and the most important thing to you is the word of the invisible super being.

How silly.

2. earnestshub profile image82

Worthwhile? I seriously question that! Religious wars one after the other, with about 16 running as I write this.

And if using even rudimentary psychology that a six year old can comprehend such as transactional analysis will prove any person with the knowledge required to avoid a religious concept of how to treat others. smile

And who are the victims of the religious wars?  Are Christians and Jews attacking others or are they being attacked?  The middle east is where the religious wars are, and 'strangely', war is written in the Qur'an as a holy thing.  I am not saying the Catholic church didn't do its damage, and I am NOT Catholic either.  I don't start wars.  If you think this is a war, you haven't been in one.  War is far worse than debate and disagreements.  This is more of a wrestling match.

Truly, the Word of God says we (believers in Christ) wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Eph 6:12)

1. mohitmisra profile image60
            mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

spiritual wickedness--- there are many spiritual master besides Jesus who spoke the same truth as Jesus, according to you they are evil for not saying Jesus is the only son of god but according to them you don't have any knowledge of the spirit and thats why you make such statements.

"Its fine to be born into a religion but not to die with one" Swami Vivekananda smile

The spirit of Antichrist only wishes to bring hatred and shame to the Name of Jesus, so evil spirits will indeed disguise themselves as the "Light".  Satan's doing his job well, but those who know Jesus know how to recognize this spirit that hates the real Jesus.  The true followers of Jesus don't hate Jews and Christians, and also are known by their fruits (Gal 5:22).

11. earnestshub profile image82

You are right, I have not been in a war, but my father was, and his father before him. WW1 and WW2.
    It is not at all difficult to imagine war, the current imagery is as dark as one can imagine.

The safest space to be in is one of self awareness.
    The best way to create self awareness is to demonstrate it, not pass it on to a self created external entity. smile.

And let's see...Hitler claimed to be a Catholic, did he not?  Time to wipe out God's chosen people from off the face of the earth?  And you blame Christianity?  True Christians embrace God's chosen people.  The Antichrist will claim the "Light", too, even claim to BE the "Light".  The true followers of Jesus don't hate Jews and Christians, and also are known by their fruits (Gal 5:22).

12. Jerami profile image58

When someone strikes first. when you knowk um down in an attempt to makum stop it in the future then you have dun tha same thang that they did. who is right and who is wrong depends as to when the stop watch stated.  That is why Jesus said turn the other cheek.  Somebody gotta stop the insanity

I just think it's rude for people who don't embrace Christ as the reigning king for the millennial reign to even be here on this forum to cause disruption.  It's probably best to ignore every statement made by those whose intention is to do just that.

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are YA talking to me little missy ? (John Wayne impression) I believe that Jesus is the messiah, and died for my sins. I know I'll never make all the way but I try to act like him. This is why I study his word and follow him as good as I can. If you would follow Christ instead of studying only what the disciples are preaching , You might hear what Jesus has to say. But you think that what they said is more important than what Jesus said. Now it sounds that you are starting   YOUR,  "SHUN HIM" list of one.  ME.  I have been trying to be nice and would like to continue being nice but
        If your truth is stronger than MY truth (WHAT JESUS SAID) bring it on. Lets have a discussion.
        MY "JESUS" said can whip YOUR (the disciples said) any day.

I'm sorry you feel I was talking about YOU, Jerami, for I feel you know our Lord.  I was addressing the others in this hub that don't even acknowledge Jesus as Lord.  You and I differ in that I embrace the entire Bible and you embrace the red letters.  If you know the Lord, that's what matters.  If you know you are saved by acknowledging you are a sinner, confessed that to Jesus, accepted His sacrifice for your sin, asked the Holy Spirit to fill you, and walk in His love ~ for Him and for others, you are His.  I am His.  Please do not feel condemnation by me, for I am your sister.  We just differ in our interpretation of the scripture regarding the end times.  Peace be with you, brother.

13. earnestshub profile image82

Don't EVEN accept jesus as lord?
    Why would any sane person have their life interpreted for them by what someone else wrote about a dead guy?

14. Jerami profile image58

If I misunderstood then I too am apologize. The comment concerning the Reigning (currently) KING over the millennial kingdom seemed to have been aimed towards me. Perhaps I too MIGHT be becoming a bit touchy.

I do believe that the prophesies are true as written.
        I am  concerned with too much Interpretation because I believe that interpretation of scripture can not logically be defended. For this reason I do not believe that the words spoken by God, Jesus or Gabriel was intended for interpretation. There will be mistranslations issues enough to confuse the word. I believe to interpret those things that God, Jesus and Gabriel spoke is to do so in disrespect except for those instances of mistranslation. If I am correct in my beliefs concerning the time lines, the dragon, beast and false prophet would want for us to believe as many interpretation as we can invent.
    May peace be with us all

15. Jerami profile image58

I think that all people have beliefs therefor there are no non believers. They have different degrees of beliefs in many different things. Everyone's believes should be respected.
      I wonder if the religious section can be subdivided Christian fighting Christian,Islam vs Islam, etc and when we look into that division other than our own we either respectfully observe. We might learn better how to express different views by watching them do it right??  I think that I have learned a lot checking into other subject threads. They didn't even know I was "listening" and I learn when I am able to keep my mouth shut.

16. earnestshub profile image82

Indeed, may piece be with us all.
    I have no problem with any belief system that is supportive of good behavior, and feel the bible provides little of that without corresponding fear passages.

The 10 commandments are a threat also if read in their entirety across the passages that contain them, another point of contention among believers.
    As you know I do not believe in a god, but the bible is full of beautiful verses, yet most have an opening or closing threat attached.
    The whole idea that an entity with the capacity of a creator would be so poorly developed psychologically as to be moronic  discredits literal believers more than they may see. smile

17. someonewhoknows profile image73
    someonewhoknowsposted 14 years ago

That's why we have a brain and we will be judged according to what we do with that brain.Noticed I'm talking in the second person.

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Talk for yourself, as I'll not be judged.

18. earnestshub profile image82

Gee I hope people are not judged like that, or this thread would be pretty empty. smile

smile Hi earnest !

Hi tantrum! Always nice to read your posts. smile

Likewise !! yours more interesting and complete! I'm such a lazy guy ! lol

I think maybe your just smart, and don't see it's worth that much effort! lol

19. Jerami profile image58

I do not believe in Religion, I hope all have noticed. I do however believe in some kind of Creator. I think that he/she/it appeared to Abraham and Abraham called the creator God.
    You can call me crazy. My hallucinations are real to me. And I want to keep um.
       If I am not mistaken Ezra rewrote all of scripture before that time. That leaves some room for doubt concerning exact translation. MORAL LAWS ARE WRITTEN IN OUR HEARTS at birth. what we do with them from there is of our free will. If I am going to say that I believe in Jesus, I feel that I must believe those things that he said as much as is possible or I should not say that I believe. Jesus spoke of Daniel the prophet therefore I should believe this chapter as well. Jesus said that John was going to tarry till he came again. So I believe the book of Revelation is true and quite understandable if left uninterpreted. . And I believe that Jesus came again when he said that he would. When he came he gave John the Revelation. (94 AD)  All that other stuff that everyone wants to argue about "I can not enter into". "I do not know".    If I offended anyone by sharing ...OH well. Just an opinion and I do not want anyone to believe any of it ..... I do not mind if anyone wants to think about it.

Hi jerami ! I read your latest hub. didn't leave a message, but i liked it. Cheers !!

20. earnestshub profile image82

I feel confident that not believing in religion is a logical position to take, past that, we are still friends who disagree.  smile

21. Jerami profile image58

Thanks Tantrum,Hi Ernist and everybody.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)