Getting accepted to adsense...

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (31 posts)
  1. JesseH profile image60
    JesseHposted 10 years ago

I've applied 3 times and I'm still not accepted. I really like hubpages and I don't want to switch to another platform. I put a ton of effort into my hubs and really hope someone can help me out. Any suggestions? Someone I can call?

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image74
      csmiravite-blogsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just gone mine 4 days ago. The hubpages group helped me get approved. I don't know about reapplying after getting banned. It might be more complicated than that. Try to see if you can get help from the moderators. Good luck!

1. JesseH profile image60
        JesseHposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry, what is the hubpages group?

1. Alastar Packer profile image72
          Alastar Packerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps go to the Ad Problems on the HP forums. There are at least a few with a specific thread about your difficulties. It's my understanding that once one is banned they can re-apply though it can be difficult to be re-instated. Under your circumstances, and with the excellent subjects and writing you are doing now on HP you should get several more under your belt, bring your author and site score up some more and then reapply telling all the circumstances including what your doing now. Also ,if you can, go on GoogleAnalytics so you can keep track of your ads and stuff which is a main thing G wants you to do anyway. Also join Google+ if you haven't already and be at least some what active on it. After you have built up a while try Adsense again and again being completely honest with your youthful mistake and the events and actions you have set in motion since to be successful and attentive to their advertisers.

2. Erin Trefz profile image69
        Erin Trefzposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I got a response for AdSense and it says, "Association Disabled by You or by Google for TOS Violation."  What does this mean? I have written 6 Hubs & they are all featured.  I see from some comments maybe I just need to write more hubs, or did I do something wrong in a hub that I need to correct? I don't  have an email explaining why I was not approved.

2. Au fait profile image84
      Au faitposted 10 years agoin reply to this

One reason you are being denied is because you have not been on HubPages long enough.  2 weeks is not long enough even if you have 1000 or more hubs published and featured.  Try again after 2-3 months.

1. Erin Trefz profile image69

Thanks, I didn't see a timeframe when I was looking over the material.  There is a lot of information, so maybe I missed that. 
        Thanks again.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

10 hubs is no longer "sufficient content".  Write more hubs and then try again. Or use some other account (blogger, youtube) yo get Adsense.

3. JesseH profile image60

I'm afraid because when I was 16 I messed up with adsense and got banned. I reapplied with few problems but keep getting the TOS warning when I apply.

I'll shoot for 25 and then reapply I guess, otherwise I'll be forced to take my content elsewhere, although I really don't want to....

I love hubpages and the community, thanks for the response. Anymore advice?

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

As I understand it, once you're banned from Adsense that's it.  You can never apply again - at least not with the same email address and the same snail mail address.

You should've appealed at the time.  I don't know if it's too late or not, but it's definitely something you need to resolve with Adsense, not HP.

It was just yesterday.  How do I contact them?

1. Writer Fox profile image31
          Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

To contact AdSense, go to this link:
          https://support.google.com/adsense/?hl=en#topic=3373519

Then, click the 'Contact' from the top, right menu on the page.

Thanks for your reply. I don't see any email from AdSense.  Here is what I get when I do that:
            The Google Account you're signed in to is associated with a disapproved AdSense application.

For more information about why your application was disapproved, please search your email for a message from AdSense (adsense-noreply@google.com).

If you’re ready to resubmit your application for AdSense, you can do so by visiting www.google.com/adsense. If you have an approved AdSense account associated with a different Google Account, please log in to that Google Account instead.

Not sure what the difference is between a Google Account and an AdSense account? Learn more here.

1. Writer Fox profile image31
              Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this
        2. Marisa Wright profile image84
          Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Erin, I wasn't replying to you, I was replying to the original poster. You haven't been banned, you just haven't got enough of a track record to be approved yet. 

Most people find they need about 20 Hubs.  The age of your Hubs seems to count, too - wait a month or two before trying again.

4. psycheskinner profile image84

What is the exact rejection form you are getting?

5. JesseH profile image60

"Association Disabled by You or by Google for TOS Violation"

And it wasn't disabled by me. I was stupid and have tried to apply three times already, I hope this won't hurt my chances more.

6. Kathleen Odenthal profile image89
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 10 years ago

If you are banned from adsense, thats it, they dont allow people to reapply unfortunately.

1. isaacasante profile image84
      isaacasanteposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes Kathleen, that's what I'm thinking too... Jesse, maybe, you can associate your HP account with a friend's Adsense account. I don't know if it's legal but I believe it is...

1. Katiadejuan profile image68
        Katiadejuanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it is possible, a few of years ago I used my Adsense account for an account that my couple needed. Then to use it here for my HP, I just had to "unsync" both accounts.

1. isaacasante profile image84
          isaacasanteposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for clarifying. Cheers.

7. StageCheck profile image59
    StageCheckposted 10 years ago

I hope this helps to give you some ideas. ...

Google acts like an editorial staff. They are taking a good look at the footprints you leave behind which show EVERY detail on how you manage your accounts. In this case, analytics may work against you. This is especially true if those accounts you have had since 16 are still active; even the email addresses you used to open them. In those accounts, the analytics still point out the activity that you took and that it was you who took them.

It may not be that they assume that you will continue such acts, it is more a fact that any journalist and staffer can see that you did, and that can always been seen as a potential to how well you might be doing now. So in a sad and potentially unfortunate nutshell, if you have completely ridded yourself of "malpractice", then you are better off closing old accounts and starting new ones that portray no corrupted history. Otherwise, you can not delete analytics in an account.

Google is doing its best to provide editorial management for the online interface. In your case, you would even be better served by closing your google accounts that related the actions you took and starting anew. Analytics will preserve history and that history can kill you every time a Google staffer researchers your background during the reinstating process. If they see that you have new account[clean slate: an untraceable past] and a pattern of following the rules, there becomes nothing for them or the public to refute.

I hope I could help give you some ideas.

8. sehrm profile image68
    sehrmposted 10 years ago

I was suspended from adsense once, too, for no clear reason.  I got approved a few weeks ago when I reached 12 hubs (though, of course, I made a new adsense account)

9. psycheskinner profile image84

It does sound like you have a permanently rejected account.  Thus reapplying is not going to work unless they take mercy on you and reverse that judgement.

10. Erin Trefz profile image69
    Erin Trefzposted 10 years ago

I am new and just wondering how long it takes for a decision on the Adsense application.

11. profile image0
    swilliamsposted 10 years ago

Terms of Service violation. You must follow Google's policies made available to you within the Services. If you find that you have been wronged you can appeal. You can find more information by clicking on the following link.
    http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/terms/

12. Erin Trefz profile image69
    Erin Trefzposted 10 years ago

Thanks for the direction.  I still have no idea.  None of my hubs have anything I think fits into a violation category.

13. StageCheck profile image59

@Marisa Wright: You'll always have an opportunity to appeal unless Google 'terminates'[not disables] your account. Otherwise, ". ... If. ... Google. ... terminates your Account, you (i) will not be allowed to create a new Account. ..." I have yet to hear about an account terminated. Most cases deal with disabled features. In these cases, there is always hope.

@Erin Trefz: Sometimes Google staffers respond to an appeal within minutes and other times, it takes longer. Much longer. The staff have policies to interpret and at times have to send a case up to a supervisor to make final and circumstantial decisions.

How do I request an appeal, or do I just write more hubs first?
      Thanks!

14. StageCheck profile image59

Granted this is just my opinion: I would first write at least 25 - 35 Hubs before thinking about applying. Make the Google staff go, "Wow!" Let them know you're serious. Second, I would ask myself, "Am I reading my Hubs in any format other than the edit mode?" Doing so, outside of the edit mode, can falsely increase your viewership. ...

Great feedback.  Not as a rule, but I have clicked on a hub to look at it.  I will stop doing that, and keep writing! I was just trying to get going as soon as possible.  I don't like my day job, and know it will take a while to earn real money.  I was looking at is as the sooner I get going, the better.
      Thanks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)