what did you do today

Jump to Last Post 51-79 of 79 discussions (157 posts)
  1. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

I spent the day learning about LEGO mindstorm robots, so that I can help some kids at the local primary school learn about robotics and programming.

2. HWP profile image59
    HWPposted 14 years ago

Well so far I've been for a run on the beach, did some tidying *yawn*, had a good email chat with my best friend, ate a yummy veggie burger and now I am on here rather than getting on with some serious work - my bad :-)

3. Pete Maida profile image60
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

It is Wednesday and we have visitors.  My step-son and his family are here.  Eric is on leave.  He is in the middle of a tour in Afghanistan and he has been flown back.  His mom didn't know he was coming in.  It was a wonderful surprise for her.

1. profile image0
      isis_dreams2002posted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh wow how cool

4. elainevc profile image59
    elainevcposted 14 years ago

I jumped off a cliff today XD Lol, no, actually I just came back from work and am already bored out of my mind.. but thinking of going to Edinburgh this new year - hmmm.....

5. Epic Fail Guy profile image59
    Epic Fail Guyposted 14 years ago

I signed up.

1. profile image0

welcome to hubpages

6. Epic Fail Guy profile image59

How do you copy what I said.

1. profile image0

under what a person writes is a tab that says reply just click  and then type in what you want to say and then click the submit button

1. Epic Fail Guy profile image59
        Epic Fail Guyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am about to ruin this thread.

1. profile image0

no you will not

Yes I will. For I am the EFG.

1. profile image0

hey if you dont ask you dont know and just because you are EFG dont mean you do things wrong all the time  some things stuff up in life not all things so dont worry about it ,  is cool

You were saying?

7. Epic Fail Guy profile image59

Thank you very much.

8. profile image0
    isis_dreams2002posted 14 years ago

dont worry about things  that is what i was trying to say

How do things work in these site?

1. profile image0

do you mean publishing a hub or the ranking

What is a hub? What ranking?

1. profile image0

a hub is what you write and post on your home page and the raking is from you views and the score your work gets from people reading it but if you want to know more just click the word forums at top of page and go into the  forums called need help? ask here  and they will answer all your questions

What is a raking?

9. Epic Fail Guy profile image59

Why is this site called HubPages?

1. profile image0

each artical you write and publish is called a hub that is why it is called hubpages

10. profile image0

go to need help ? ask here forum and they will answer all questions there better then i can tell you

Why?

1. profile image0

they explain every thing you need to know in more detail then what i can

Who's they?

1. profile image0

they people that have been in hubpages a long time iam still learning things here i do not know it all yet

Why not? You have been here for 4 years.

1. profile image0

no 4 months

Oh sorry. What is a raking? And you have not told me what is a ranking? Is there a difference?

11. profile image0

click the help button at top of your page and you will find it in there iam sorry but i have to go i have a early start tomorrow and have to go to bed

Ok. Thanks for your help.

12. profile image0

wish me luck to day I have a job interview with bigW it will go for 2hrs and I so need this job so life is a bit easyer money wise to live day to day and to be able to pay the bills with out giving something up

13. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

I went to work today and also created a few Hubs today while at work.  Now I'm about to make dinner and put my kids to bed.

14. profile image0

well today I did some spring cleaning and after I will cook a beef roast for dinner

15. AsherKade profile image58
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

cleaning a diaper from a baby with a SEVERE fungus...

sad

16. Drew Breezzy profile image62
    Drew Breezzyposted 14 years ago

I ran a four mile race on the beach smile

1. AsherKade profile image58
      AsherKadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that sounds better than my day....can I join....

1. Drew Breezzy profile image62
        Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sure Asher!

17. profile image0

did not do much today only cooked a roast

18. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Can you believe it?
    I just couldn't help researching this one!
    I really wanted to understand how to have a productive day; so...
    I did 5 loads of washing... cleaned the kitchen..... did some knitting AND then realised I was at my neighbour's place lol

1. profile image0

lol

2. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are good!  Wanna come over here?? big_smile

Today (sob) I went with my daughter and we bought the remainder of her dorm supplies. (sob)

I had my teeth cleaned. big_smile 

I took my knitting out and looked at it, decided that it could wait til fall & put it away.

Started my "in case we move" to do list.

19. profile image0

well today Iam taking it easy as tomorrow I have a full day a second interview for the same job I have a group interview with last friday Iam so hoping I get this job if so i will be working at BigW

20. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Good luck Isis!!

Today I shadowed a PA, did some studying and laundry, full day of work tomorrow! 9am-5pm, then 6pm to 11pm smile

21. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Tried to build a time machine from empty washing-up liquid bottles, rubber bands and toilet roll tubes, it didn't work. sad

1. Colebabie profile image60
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Try paper clips too next time!

1. Mrvoodoo profile image57
        Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll give it a go, it doesn't need to hold out for long, I don't need to travel back far.

Hope your work tomorrow isn't too unpleasant. smile

2. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You forgot the kitty cat urine.

22. profile image0

well i had my second interview for the job today and it went realy well i will not know if i have the job for another two weeks so please wish me luck

1. Colebabie profile image60
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes, good luck!!

1. profile image0

ty

2. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, congrats on getting the second interview!  Sending "it's your job" vibes your way.

I came back from a backpacking trip up in the Mt. Hood, Oregon Wilderness area.  Gorgeous place, called Boulder Lake.  Hauled an ungodly amount of weight, so I'm feeling tired.  Well worth it though.  There wasn't another soul in sight.

1. profile image0

thank you for sending me the job vibes and your backpacking trip sounds wonderful.

23. Gennifer profile image54
    Genniferposted 14 years ago

Today I'm pretty busy - have to finish translation for a client.

24. Gennifer profile image54
    Genniferposted 14 years ago

Good luck, Wordscribe!!

25. maidouxixi profile image59
    maidouxixiposted 14 years ago

I am drinking a cup of coffee ,and watching TV about pleasant goat and grey wolf .tongue

26. profile image0

well not much has been happening just puting more hubs up getting through each day

27. Valerie F profile image62
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

Busy day. Posted a new hub. Swam laps during the kids' swimming lessons. Worked on my book. Went to the gym. Got roped into doing a rodent extermination job. And all on my day off.

28. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Hm.  Let's see...

1.  Helped 4 frogs and a toad out of a pit I'm digging.

2.  Sketched a complete floor plan for the house I'll be building on our land, hopefully able to be occuped by end of 2010.

3.  Figured out which inverter to buy for the upcoming wind turbine installation.

4.  Figured out which gas powered generator  to buy to replace the one I wore into the ground.

5.  Camp  chores  (trust me; you don't want to know details).

6.  Paced off the area we'll be leveling to begin house construction once the septic tank installation is done.

7.  Email and Forums.

8.  Took photos of some cool prickly pear plants complete with red fruits on 'em...or half-cored radishes, which they look like.

9.  Figured out how to set up roof beams that will work once the earthbag walls are finished (which are not yet started).

10.  And now, think I'll head on over to Prison Pen Pals, look at a few girls there....big_smile

11.  Forgot:  Began study of building an earthen floor.  Amazing process, not as cheap  as it sounds, labor and time intensive, nice end result BUT....

12.  OK.  If I missed any, there's always tomorrow.

13.  Oh, yeah:  And spilled iced Dr. Pepper all over my pants and the open-at-the-time address book.  Sticky pages!

29. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

today started off busy and I imagine will get busier...yesterday was work, work, work...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)