HAVE YOU BEEN ENLIGHTENED?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (45 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

Do you believe you have been enlightened before, yes or no? Please explain your answer of being or not being enlightened.

I will debate your ideas with respect, I will not critisize them. Thank You

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well let's just say that becoming enlightened never says "I have or know the Truth" with absolute certainty, and is an ongoing event that will last as long as you live.

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for posting sandra. I agree 100%.

2. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

awwwww what is it with these posts? will soemone PLEASE tell me what is being enlightend!!?? I feel so in the dark!!!

1. profile image0

uhhh I think I missed the point. I saw you got in a discussion with the TK guy, then the forum got closed...I still dont know what this all means...guess I should go back to making cookies.

Sorry, I meant I think it would make more sense if you read from the first page. I didn't mean to post so far into the thread.

2. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Good.... you're in the Dark!!! BaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH lol

1. profile image0

HAHAHAHHAH   smile at least I learned my lesson about fish!! they do have feelings!! just not emoitons...

3. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Marine, you already started more than one thread on this subject, with almost the same wording, one of which remains open: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/17013.  Please do not start multiple threads on the same exact topic.  This one is now closed.

2. Drew Breezzy profile image62
    Drew Breezzyposted 14 years ago

yes I just put my finger in a light socket. I would say I'm pretty enlightened.

I would say you are shocked.

2. Bredavies profile image62
      Bredaviesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HAHAHA!

I think i have been. I don't know how it happen but everything about what I want in life and what I should do to get it just fell infront of me. It was amazing

How old are you and what were you thinking about if you don't mind adding?

1. Bredavies profile image62

I'm 18 but I've been through a lot and was depressed for a long time. I'm pretty mature for my age because I had to grow up. I was thinking about how alcohol and drugs was affecting my fture and why I couldn't let my self get close to anyone.

Very excellent insight. I believe you and think you are leaps beyond others your age and many older adults. Thank You for adding.

1. Bredavies profile image62

Thank you

You are welcome, Thank You.

3. Ladybird33 profile image65
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Yes, I have been enlightened before.  After years of trying inferilty to have a child, after the sixth time, I woke up one morning (after praying all night that I was pregnant or lead me to the right path) anyway, woke up, went to doctors, found out I wasn't pregnant.  Cried the whole way home, my husband said to me "life doesn't have to be created within your body, it can be created within your heart, like we are, let's look at adopting a child" 

You know he was 100% right, best descision we ever made, our son is six and beautiful.  I was truly enlightened at that time what love was truly about.

Excellent post, Thank You. I have nothing to argue, I think you were very enlightened from the life change of the adoption. I'm happy you shared that. Thank You

2. Army Infantry Mom profile image59
      Army Infantry Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awesome story,...I was adopted myself. Families are so much better than foster homes, So glad theirs people like you out there.

4. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I was enlightened at the age of 13... She was 16 big_smile

lol I'm glad you said that. I think you are right. Losing your virginity could be considered an enlightening moment in life in my belief on the right terms.

2. profile image0

Oh no!! it wasnt a sheep was it?  wink

5. Pamda Man profile image58
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

I was enlightened ever since I coined the name Panda Man. Through my metaphors, I expressed a lot of ideas in the past.

How did you get the name Panda Man? What kinda ideas? Why does your name say Pamda Man and not Panda Man? Thank You, I don't mean to seem nosey. lol

1. Pamda Man profile image58
        Pamda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

First, you could go to my profile. That would explain a lot of things. Lol. big_smile

Ideas on almost everything. I have lots of metaphors, I forgot almost all of them now. =/ Consider them as riddles.

WoW, Ok, I read your profile. I will definately say you are an individual which is good. The whole panda thing to me is a little odd, but there is nothing wrong with odd. To each their own. I also think you are brave for throwing your individual ideas out. Many people are scared to do that.

1. Pamda Man profile image58
            Pamda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The whole panda thing is a metaphor, but I will not explain anything, as usual.

If you would like to explain, I would like to know.

6. Pamda Man profile image58

If you want to know about me, you could start with this.

Pandas live a long time. None of you has ever seen a dead panda.

I'm sure you will be very confused by now. lol

1. profile image0

Pandas cant type either, they get the m mixed up with the n...

2. marinealways24 profile image59

I think it is more enlightening to make things simple rather than confusing people.

7. Pamda Man profile image58

Buddhism. Search it.

8 paths of buddhism. Right? I dunno, perhaps I forgot. big_smile

8. marinealways24 profile image59

My idea of enlightenment is more about understanding yourself than a religion.

9. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Yeah, it was way back in the summer of 1970 on my first and last acid trip. Don't recall a whole lot now but it did enlighten me to stay away from that sheit. I do recall a walrus in the clouds with naked women and Chinese dragons.

lol I agree, it is very enlightening when learning from a mistake.

10. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

All the time, when I close my eyes. I see things. Not like in a weird, psycho way or anything. Just serene, vivid, beautiful. Some wisemen have said that it happens to all great film directors. They call it this wuchmacallit - Cinematographic Vision.

Maybe that is a stage, maybe the other stage is to see things with our eyes open as clear as we see them with our eyes closed.

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, The Final Revelation, I call it.

11. marinealways24 profile image59

What happened to everyone?

12. tksensei profile image61
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

Off seeking enlightenment

lol A good goal to seek.

13. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Have been enlightened with the idea of World Peace, planted there by all the atrocities on our precious globe.

It takes seeing the bad to want the good sometimes.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)