Progressives beware, there is a danger-TRUMP CAN WIN

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Credence2 profile image79
    Credence2posted 7 years ago

Three months ago, if anyone would had told me that Donald Trump had a snowball's chance in hell of becoming the next President, I would have laughed myself unconscious.

But today, I am not so sure. It is not so much that Trump is gaining so much more momentum as it is the Clinton campaign is losing theirs.

While HC has not been charged with anything related to the e-mail scandal, this topic seems to have a life of its own and the fact that it keeps coming up does not reflect well on her judgement nor on the successful image that she needs to project.

She should have it all, a plethora of political experience having held posts at the highest levels of the Executive Branch and as a Senator for the State of New York. She is one of the best prepared for the office in recent history. This, against a big mouth, self-promoting narcissistic promoter of bozoism.   How could she lose? But, she is losing ground fast and I am worried.

This is the year, regardless of party, of a strong anti-establishment mood. While I always believed that Trump was a two-bit phony, the larger theme works to his advantage and produces enthusiastic crowds on his behalf. HC represents the 'machine' with all its working parts right down to the delegate rules. In this current election year, these things are under the spotlight in a way that they were not in the past. 

So, the contest is moving away from that of an, otherwise, basically progressive candidate verses a loud mouthed loon, to one that pits the hated Washington establishment against what Trump says is a defiance of it.

Reminds me of the problems that I had with Fritz Mondale's candidacy for the Democrats in 1984.

She, needs to work much harder to bring dispassionate elements into her fold and embrace Sanders, his supporters and the issues that he represents, insisting that the Democratic party live up to its principles and not just be GOP light. Being stubborn and ignoring so large a constituency could cost us the election.

Boys and girls, the progressive community is in trouble as the danger of the United States becoming the laughing stock of the free world is before us.

TRUMP CAN WIN and that is dangerous. 

Your thoughts?

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I am worried about a Trump victory, but looking at the demographics of the electorate usually calms my fears, though not completely.  Trump is hugely unpopular with women and minorities.  I have a hard time believing he can overcome that disadvantage.  Senator Clinton's email scandal has grown considerably more problematic for her. My best hope is that it escalates enough before the convention that super delegates would consider switching their allegiance to Sanders.  It is a far-fetched hope, though.  It will be horrible if she gets the nomination and the scandal later intensifies to the point that she is unelectable (is that a word?).

Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Panther, the polls have brought Trump ratings up radically within the last few weeks relative to HC. Trump has the big mo, positive motivation to vote for a candidate is more powerful than voting based upon fear of the other candidate. Trump is very unpopular, but he is shooting for the traditional GOP constituencies, can we be sure that this will bring him up short?

Secretly, I hope Sanders can get to bat. I am going to be a bit perturbed if Trump gets in because of infighting within the Democratic Party.

Yeah, 'unelectable' is good.

1. profile image0

Yes, if Hillary gets the nomination, many of us will hold our noses and vote for her because nothing can top the stench of that slime-covered, self-serving bozo who tells us every day that he can do everything better than anyone.  That alone should be a huge red flag, but apparently some people like cowardly little men with massive egos and delusions of grandeur.

1. Alternative Prime profile image57
            Alternative Primeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Hold our Noses and VOTE for her" sounds like a little "Catch Phrase" invented by FOX Loser Snooze Channel but once Americans Discover Exactly what she Stands FOR, most are EXCITED to Cast a Ballot for Hillary ~ What does she STAND FOR? Just a few Factual EXAMPLES:

* Hillary will Increase the Minimum Wage for American Workers ~ Trump would LOWER Wages ~
            * Hillary will Strengthen Social Security & Medicare for OUR Senior Citizens ~ Trump would "Privatize" which essentially means ABOLISH ~
            * Hillary will FIND a Path Toward Citizenship for Millions of Undocumented Individuals ~ Trump would inhumanely "Round Up & DEPORT" Millions of individuals Destroying Families etc ~
            * Hillary will make College MORE Affordable for our Young Adults ~ Who knows what Trump would do ~
            * Hillary Supports OUR Gay Community ~ Trump has exhibited Hostility Toward the Same ~
            * Hillary will continue on the road toward HealthCare COVERAGE for All Americans ~ Trump will TREND Backwards as usual by "Privatizing Healthcare" which essentially equates to the "Status Quo" of "Every Man for Himself" which occured prior to the OBAMACARE Roll-OUT ~

Just a few of the FACTs Regarding the Distinct Differences between Hillary & Trump which is WHY if the VOTE is TURNED OUT, Democrats Destroy the "Donald" in November ~

1. profile image0

I agree that her stance on most issues is infinitely superior to Sir Flipsalot, aka whiny little b____.

2. nicomp profile image61
              nicompposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Hillary will Increase the Minimum Wage for American Workers"
              - US President can't unilaterally do that.

"Hillary will Strengthen Social Security & Medicare for OUR Senior Citizens "
              - US President can't unilaterally do that.

"Hillary will make College MORE Affordable for our Young Adults "
              - It's already affordable. Do the math.

"Hillary Supports OUR Gay Community"
              - There's a gay community? Where?

"Hillary will continue on the road toward HealthCare COVERAGE for All Americans"
              - My deductible doubled and my premiums went up. How's that working for you?

Amusing, it is, that anyone sincerely thinks HC is qualified to be US President. She spent 8 years in the White House tamping down bimbo eruptions, then got elected Senator in a state she never lived in. She conjured up the now-famous "vast right-wing conspiracy" when her husband was neck-deep in sexual misconduct allegations. She somehow wrested 100K from cattle futures trading despite knowing nothing about the markets. She was investigated by independent council, and found to have made false statements, after firing the staff of the White House Travel Office. She lies and obfuscates to this day about her email server. Ethics issues have dogged her since she left Little Rock. Somehow voters ignore allegations that would put a Republican into retirement or white-collar prison.

And what are Donald Trumps' qualification besides being a loud mouthed blowhard?

1. profile image0

....and a whiny little b_____. ;-)

also described as a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot......

1. profile image0

Yes! Trump supporters are cheering excitedly knowing that us liberals are adopting Trump's refreshingly direct, non-PC  communication style. They must be thrilled!

Just looked at old film on Nostradamus as narrated by Orson Wells. Nostradamus in his prophecies talked about 3 evil men that stood out in his visions.

One was Napoleon Bonaparte, the other Adolf Hitler and the third is yet to come. The common trait of these three men was the ability to entice the crowd with an alluring tongue promising them all a return to former greatness.

I was just wondering who does that remind me of, he seems too much of a clown to possibly be in the same league as the other two, but you never know...

1. profile image0

I'm not one to speculate about such things. Trump is a clown, but we must take seriously his ability to appeal to an angry and fearful segment of the electorate looking for a savior. You and I aren't swallowing his snake oil but there is an eager crowd standing in line to happily drink in his BS. I hope some of them will see the idiot for what he is, before it's too late.

"also described as a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot......"
              HC or DT? Could be either.

Sexist:  HC personally attacked all the women who accused her husband of sexual misconduct, even as Clinton apparatchiks were paying them to go away.

Egotistical: All politicians are, so that's a push.

Lying: "I never stored sensitive information on my personal email server." "The Benghazi attack was the result of a YouTube  video."  "I just got lucky in cattle futures."

Hypocritical: "Every survivor of sexual assault deserves to be heard, believed, and supported." -- 11/23/2015

1. colorfulone profile image79
                colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hillary Clinton was confronted by a New Hampshire voter, and gave us a clue as to how she intends to handle the women that Bill overpowered, sexually abused, bit and raped. “I would say that everyone should be believed at first until they are disbelieved based on evidence,” said Crooked Hillary.

There is no evidence, so she must be planning to have her henchmen invent false evidence. Juanita Broaddrick, Kathleen Willey and Paula Jones and many others have accused Bill Clinton of sexual assault, rape, and exposing himself.  The Clinton's War On Women is a very good book, it lays out the crimes of Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton.   

Bill's victims need to be believed. Its difficult to believe that people actually trust the Clintons. 

I remember why Bill Clinton was impeached by the House in 1998.

1. nicomp profile image61

Bill Clinton was impeached for lying to a Grand Jury. Can you imagine if the wife of an impeached Republican President ran for president herself? The press would want to know every detail, regardless of when it happened.

2. colorfulone profile image79
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Never before has the United States been a laughing stock as it is now, and that m'dear is a reflection on past and the present, not the future.

The mood of the people is a very good topic and one I think about. Climactic!  We have several different legitimate groups speaking out, that have real complaints and concerns about the establishment / government and its injustices.  People know that things are wrong, heading in the wrong direction and are speaking out.  I exclude the SJW because they don't have a clue. 

There are Whitewater criminal indictments against Hillary Clinton, but now she has been allowed to run for president, again?  No justice? 

The people are demanding justice for their causes and rightfully so!  Things have reached a tipping point.

Trump is too liberal for me, but he is a nationalist standing up against the Globalists, and I love that. My hope is he doesn't cut any deals with that dangerous corrupt agenda. I don't believe he will, but only time will tell.

Thanks for your input, Colorfulone

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

Although Clintons lies, deceit and "above the law" attitude are hurting her badly, the biggest problem is that far too many Americans don't want to "progress" where the "progressives" want to go.  Sinking in quicksand means that one is "progressing" towards the bottom, but it is not particularly desirable. Too many recognize that Big Government, run by liars and thieves, is not a path they wish to take - that independence, responsibility and honesty is what is desired in both the country and the populace.

Yes, there are citizens (lots of them) that want a nanny state, a Big Brother in DC taking care of their every need, but on the average most Americans are still confident enough of themselves that they would rather take care of themselves.

So yes, Trump is a very definite factor in this race and stands at least as good a chance as Clinton does in becoming our next POTUS.

Now if we could only work on that honesty part...

4. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

I'm quite amazed that liberals can't swallow their pride and get on board the independent and politically outsider Trump train .   Really !   Or is it really that hard to divorce yourselves from the pandering Hillary  mafia  parade wagon?     Even I can see she's totally two faced  . ,in almost every speech she makes she contradicts  something previously stated . 

You like being pandered to ?

1. profile image0

Sorry, can't vote for a whiny little b_____. I like my leaders to have strength, character, humility, intelligence and a calm and steely temperament.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Kinda' like Obama ,......right !

1. profile image0

Exactly like Obama. He's been insulted incessantly for years and not a single hysterical tweet! Sir Flipsalot can barely go 24 hours without getting his panties in a wad about something or other.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)