The Outcry of the Left And The Righteousness of the Right - Same Shoe

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (29 posts)
  1. GA Anderson profile image89
    GA Andersonposted 7 years ago

Do the anti-Right and the anti-Left folks realize how they sound now?

Do they realize they have just adopted the other's pre-election rhetoric?

For the Left - pre-election - everything was as our governmental process was designed, post-election - the process was corrupted, and produced illegitimate results.

For the Right - pre-election - the Left was the corruption of politics, but post-election - politics is fine - live with it.

Whoever it was that coined the explanation that - "It all depends on who's Ox is getting gored..." sure got it right.

GA

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

ThAt may be true, but I can live with the problems presented by one group far more over those posed by the other. But again, that is just me.

GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hey again Cred, Surprise! The Left is right and the Right is wrong. Now, is that your rationalization for switching seats?

GA

1. Credence2 profile image78
          Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

We all have ideological and political preferences based on any number of reasons. I never switched, you have always been aware that I am vastly more blue than red.

It is your perspective that assigns values of right and wrong, they are not universally embraced. What are the absolutes for opposing ideological poles? There are folks that check the conservative box on all aspects of life as there are those that check the progressive box in the same way. I simply check more boxes on the left side of the ledger than the right, and that is not absolute.

Conservatism, American style, has always been a problem for me.

Hey Bud,

It looks like I may have sidetracked you. I wasn't taking a position on which side is right, I was just noting the irony that folks have changed seats without, (seemingly), any concern for the apparent hypocrisy.

GA

2. GA Anderson profile image89

And there is no fault to be found, (by me), with that perspective. At least there is the honesty that you are rooting for the other team.

GA

2. dianetrotter profile image60
      dianetrotterposted 7 years agoin reply to this

smh!  Russia has something on Trump.  Trump must have something on the RNC.

"smh!" ???

Diane, have you looked behind the headlines to find out what "Russia has on Trump?" Why do you think that they do?

I feel comfortable saying I have not heard any information, other than from anti-Trump folks, that implies Russia has something on Trump. What is your source of confidence?

And Trump has something on the RNC? Now there is a new twist. What do you know that the rest of us don't?

GA

1. dianetrotter profile image60

If you go hiking and see a sign that says "Beware of mountain lions" and decide, "I don't see any snakes.  That's BS to keep me from enjoying my hike.  Then a mountain lion chases you over the cliff.  What will you say then?

Espionage does not just happen on the movies.  Movies are made based on real life accounts.  The writers and producers HIRE experts to give them details to make the situations as real as possible.

Why do you think learning to read has been stressed throughout school?  Put those spy notes together with the lady getting ready to sue Trump, 3 wives (each younger than the prior), tape of admitting to grabbing cats, and lusting after his own daughter and you see that anything is possible in the sex arena for this guy.

Hello again Diane,

It appears that your certainty is based on what you see as probabilities, and that those probabilities work for you because they fit an opinion you already hold.

I can see that your probabilities could be possibilities, but even though I too hold a less than positive opinion of Pres-elect Trump, I do not think those possibilities are enough to draw the conclusions you do.

GA

My conclusion is that the powers that be feel there is something there that needs investigation.  My certainty is that I will be watching and reading for additional information.  The result could be that someone truly made up this information and none of it is true.  if so, no problem.  The truth usually lies somewhere in between both polar positions.  Beyond that, I don't think I have expressed a certainty.  If so, what is it?

1. wilderness profile image96
                wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"My conclusion is that the powers that be feel there is something there that needs investigation."

But that isn't true, Diane.  What IS true is that the powers that be have found something to raise the ire of the populace against the enemy...as long as it can be kept purely emotional rather than factual.

I suppose we will see at some point.

I think we've already seen.  The TV news report I watched indicated that there is no investigation going on, nor will there be (unless politically forced by Trump haters, of course).

3. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

In truth ,this is a rather shallow explanation of this entire  election ,  It goes far deeper than  this simplicity .Just for one , the  media !    When has the media ever been so biased  and  out of touch with truth , integrity and accuracy and the American mainstream public ?  THAT alone is the  largest indication -direction of our future in America .Right -left , nothing really matters or changes much in political ideology but the accurate  representation of truth can and should never change .

Hello ahorseback, it appears you have recently become enamored with "shallow." Your recent posts seem to condemn anyone that doesn't see things as you do as "shallow."

As an Above-Average American voter, surely you can see the shallowness of that. If you remember that you already placed me in your 90% of forum participants that are uninformed Average American voters, then you shouldn't be surprised that my responses don't have the informed depth that yours do.

ps. Sorry for calling you Shirly, but your declaration that Right or Left don't matter was a bit much considering your own 'Right is right' history.

GA

1. profile image0
          ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well 'Right IS  Right ' my friend ,  as to shallowness of the left in all things political , who can argue .  Listen  , the new left in America has an agenda that is pure selfish in nature and all  conclusive in entitlement procurement from central government ,  it bathes every political debate  present today .
          Call it or me anything you wish  ,  but the left is positioned to demonize ANYTHING Trump does at this point and throughout his term[s].

4. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Everyone knows the elections have been rigged.  Both the GOP and the RNC came out and said the parties pick their nominee, not the voters.  Well, the RNC got away with rigging the primary , but the GOP did not this time. Trump knew he was running in a rigged election, and that he needed to win by a landslide.  Only a landslide can defeat a rigged system.  It was a movement like history has never seen before, and it is truly a phenomena that Trump won.   

The system is rigged, it has been for a very long time, but Trump was able to beat it.  Also, I believe it was the God factor working, because true believers were praying correctly and accurately, the silent majority woke up along with many others and went to the polls, because people saw this was our one last hope to take America back to we the people again.   

I haven't flip flopped, I've been calling out the corruption on both side as I see it.  And, I stayed in faith that Trump was going to win and didn't sway from that. 

Now, its time to drain the swamp, and its a battle, but one that can also be won.  Its a fight between good against evil, the light against the darkness (edit) as I see it.   

I thank God!

1. Don W profile image82
        Don Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you. Facts are annoying! Always getting in the way of a good story!

Just because more people voted against Trump than for him, that doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to say he won by a landslide, amirite?

A free society means being free from the tyranny of facts!

These elitist liberals with their mamby pamby "reality" etc. Reality is for losers!

We make our own facts. We won't let something called objective reality dictate to us what is and isn't real.

If we say Trump won by a landslide, then he won by a landslide.

If we say this is a story about the Lord our God bestowing the miracle of victory on his humble servant Mr. Trump, then that's exactly what it was. And that's Fact!!

lol

1. Don W profile image82

No laughing over there. Establishing facts like Trump's "landslide" victory is a serious business.

If you pay close attention you too might be able to learn how to manufacture facts such as these, and that will be another manufacturing job Trump has created!

Well, I guess it depends on how the individual defines "landslide"  A 306-232 might be considered a landslide by some, while others take note that it isn't that unusual.

But it was the God given miracle for a humble servant that got me giggling.

1. Don W profile image82

Using the margins of victory for every president elected since Washington, this not landslide, either by electoral votes or numbers of people. But like I said, why let things like reality interfere with a good story.

"Landslide victory" has a nice ring to it, so we'll say that. No need to get picky about the distinction between fact and fiction. Make the facts fit the story, not the other way around!

5. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Its the consequence of the cusp of catastrophe from catastrophe theory.

6. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You're exactly right; which is why I gave up on the conversations, for the most part. What's the point when heels are dug in and trenches are drawn; with no regard for reason and compromise?

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Beware  unhappy liberal  voters and public protesters , Trump just received the Nuclear Codes , as you move by the white house  rioting today be sure to watch out for what is  above ..........:-].

1. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

LOL.  I suppose he'll hold off until he has shipped all the dissidents to some gulag in Alaska and then do it. But, being careful not to put them too close to the oil he's going to exploit in his quest to bring an end to the planet as we know it during our lifetimes. If the massive world war he is bound to start doesn't kill us all first. That is if the world has money for war after he crashes all the markets. smile

lol  We are surely doomed!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)