How much on average do you earn per visitor on each of your hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)
  1. katleigh profile image80
    katleighposted 7 years ago

I've heard that the average Hubber earns about $2 a month per Hub, but I was wondering about per visitor. I don't know if this is how HubPages determines what our paychecks are, I haven't been an active member for very long. If anyone can help me figure this out, please let me know!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

You can find detailed information about earnings and earnings formulas by reading the learning center, which you can access by clicking on the help sign at the top of this page.

Whoever told you that the average hubber earns $2 per hub is mistaken.  Some write hubs that earn nothing, and a few lucky ones write hubs that go viral and can bring in millions of views almost overnight.

If you are here strictly for the purpose of earning money, you're in the wrong place.  It can take years to build up a cache of good hubs that earn, and some people never earn much at all.

I urge you to take the time to read the learning center information so that you can better understand how payment occurs...it is too complex a question to cover in a forum answer.

katleighposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for your quick response!
        I know that there isn't a cut-and-dry answer, but I was hoping someone could give me a ballpark estimate or their own personal experiences; that's why I used the word average.
        I will definitely delve deeper into the Learning Center, though. Thank you!

2. profile image0
      promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

How much you earn depends in part on your topics. Some topics attract more higher-paying ads than others. Earnings also depend on the amount of traffic.

I suggest that you focus on following the quality guidelines, keep improving the Hubs you publish and look for ways to promote them to attract more audience.

If you build great content and market effectively, the money will follow.

2. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 7 years ago

As I understand, it varies quite a bit from person to person and from article to article. To quote advice I have seen others post here on the forums, you can expect to earn anywhere from $1 to $5 for every 1000 views.

katleighposted 7 years agoin reply to this

There really does seem to be a lot of variance. I wonder if it's because of the type of Hub that is written or the ads placed on the Hub?
      It'd be cool to know!
      Thanks!

1. SmartAndFun profile image94
        SmartAndFunposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Here's an article that explains quite a bit. http://oko.uk/blog/how-cpm-rates-are-de … d-improved

2. Saarith LM profile image90
        Saarith LMposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think it depends mostly on your audience.

My best hubs are gaming hubs, which has a typical audience of young people with little money and a lot of ad-block software. Resulting in a lower CPM as I get fewer impressions per page view.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

$1 to $5 per 1,000 views isn't a lot of variance really.   Now, if it was $1 to $25, that would be a lot of variance!

Advertisers pay different rates for different ads.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

Lets just say what I am making is not anywhere near $2 per hub per month.  But per TOS we can't give actually earnings figures.

4. earner profile image81
    earnerposted 7 years ago

Across Hubpages and all my domains, the "magic figure" I'm always looking for as a minimum is $5/1000 visitors....

If I'm seeing that I think "doing all right" ... if I see less I am disappointed.... when I see more I'm delighted. 

As has been said - individual pages, different topics/audiences, attract a HUGE variety of results.... but, overall, across everything, that's my "like to see" figure that says "you're plodding along nicely".

$2-$5 is respectable in my book....

But there is no measure that is meaningful because there are so many variables.... so all you can do is spot your own figure and work out how to improve it over time.  Then, once you've nailed it, something will change (google, the site/s you write on, other factors) ... and overnight you'll find you're back to square one smile

1. SmartAndFun profile image94
      SmartAndFunposted 7 years agoin reply to this

So true. No two days, weeks, months, quarters or years are ever alike.

5. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 7 years ago

As others have said, probably the easiest measure is the $3, more or less, per thousand view thing. As has also been said, it can float from about $3 to $5. In terms of Hubs, you make most of your money from 20% of your total number of Hubs. So, it's not really how much you make per Hub, only some of them are really earning most of your revenue. And, of course, that 20% might or might not get significant traffic.

6. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I couldn't help smiling when I saw the mention of $2 per Hub per month.   I remember quoting that figure as a reasonable average to someone on Helium, back when Helium was closing down.  That was some time ago! 

As NateB says, most people find that 20% of their Hubs generate 80% of their income, so you'll have some Hubs making far more than that, and others earning almost nothing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)