How much, on average, do you earn per hub, per month on Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-47 of 47 discussions (72 posts)
  1. Learning in Life profile image86
    Learning in Lifeposted 11 years ago

How much, on average, do you earn per hub, per month on Hubpages?

2. Bishop55 profile image89
    Bishop55posted 11 years ago

I really just started 3 months ago.  But I seem to average only about $1.50 a month!  I'm improving slowly.  The more I write, the more I participate, post, link things to FB, Twitter, Pinterest, etc...
    It takes time I guess?
    Per Hub is to hard to say since each article gets different amounts of traffic.  At least that is where I'm at. Oh I hope someone that makes decent money on here replies.  I'd love to know of people actually making checks every month!  I feel as if I'm an eternity away from my goals.

1. blican468 profile image59
      blican468posted 10 years agoin reply to this

and had you been able to link with google adsense?

3. profile image54
    mcxniftycallsposted 11 years ago

For my 50 Hubs in last 4 months I am getting $75-$90 a month as of now. So average earnings per hubs is around $1.5 to $1.8.
    Whereas, some Hubs are earning $10+ A month and some are below $0.5. It depends on topic of Hub and how much traffic you are getting.

1. Bishop55 profile image89
      Bishop55posted 11 years agoin reply to this

wow.  That is the most impressive reply yet.  Do you write for the love of writing?  or earning?  I want to write about trending topics.  I suppose research is in order here. If I could make $50 a month, I'd be happy and motivated, but I love writing

2. stuff4kids profile image60
      stuff4kidsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Are you on the hubpages ad program or adsense?

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

I would say $1.20 per month. I write mostly poetry which is not a big "seller."  I'm okay with that.

5. Sullen91 profile image71
    Sullen91posted 11 years ago

Well, do you mean earn from an accounting revenue recognition perspective? In accrual accounting, revenue/earnings are recorded when they are earned, not necessarily when they are received. I say this only because I've not earned anything from a cash accounting perspective, having never reached the threshold for payment receipt. If the money was considered earned under an accounting theory, my average would be some loose change every month. Now, i can't speak to what others average but I assume it's less than what you'll find under a vending machine.

6. DDE profile image47
    DDEposted 11 years ago

Earnings on HP depends on views and the more you write obviously the more views you will have in the process the earnings  increase.It is different for every one

7. Spongy0llama profile image82
    Spongy0llamaposted 11 years ago

Since I'm just getting started and my earnings are increasing every month, it's hard to say, but at this point, I'm getting about a dollar a week, so about $4 to $5 a month.

Hoping it grows to a couple dollars a day so that it will take care of my student loans when I graduate smile

8. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 11 years ago

Less than $2. You certainly won't get rich here.

1. Spongy0llama profile image82
      Spongy0llamaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Probably not, but even a couple dollars a day would let me forget my student loans. In any case, it's better than nothing smile

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

spongy I am talking less than 2 bucks a month, not per day.  2 years here and have never made a pay out.

3. Spongy0llama profile image82
      Spongy0llamaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Has that changed for you? I've been averaging about 25 cents a day for a while, but I've been working hard to boost that. I don't think it's unrealistic to be able to make a few dollars a day.

9. FatFreddysCat profile image91
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

Somewhere between "doodly' and "squat" last I checked.

1. Spongy0llama profile image82

Really? You seem to be doing so well. You have more hubs and followers than I do and I make a few dollars a month at least.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image91
      FatFreddysCatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I write stuff that seems to have a very narrow "niche" (or I'm just terrible at marketing myself) so I'm not exactly raking in page views. Let's just say I'm a long way from ever getting any sort of payout, but then I'm not in a big hurry either.

3. Bishop55 profile image89
      Bishop55posted 11 years agoin reply to this

hahahah!  I loved this reply.

10. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 11 years ago

I pay my internet service provider, and ....buy some beer most months...some months, I pay my mother on the ongoing beer tab as well smile

I think I made about $250 in November....been doing this a while...so I know what DOESN'T make money, at least.

1. MarieAlana1 profile image68
      MarieAlana1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, it seems like you have the traffic thing down.

11. JessBraz profile image90
    JessBrazposted 11 years ago

Last month was my best month so far.. I made an entire dime! Woo! Woo!! smile

1. tranthanhlam profile image67
      tranthanhlamposted 8 years agoin reply to this

wow congrats mate!

12. Novel Treasure profile image87
    Novel Treasureposted 11 years ago

I've been able to earn a payout each month. Each month is a little bit more than the next. It's like a game for me. I'm hoping to hit triple digits in the next 3 months.

1. thecatgallery profile image60
      thecatgalleryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Triple digits? Where's the decimal point in that?

2. Spongy0llama profile image82

I'd just be happy to get a payout every month. That $50 would be a big help with my student loans. Getting there fast though. Up to a steady 25 cents a day now, give or take.

3. Novel Treasure profile image87
      Novel Treasureposted 9 years agoin reply to this

after the three digits smile i.e. 100.00. FYI... I was able to hit that goal. Not consistently every month but it was achievable.

13. gosupress profile image59
    gosupressposted 11 years ago

Well I can't really say on hubpages because I've only been here a very short time but I've been on Squidoo a while and with the recent google slaps and all it's probably comparable. I would say ~$2.5 / month per hub.

14. Arghness profile image91
    Arghnessposted 11 years ago

I'm relatively new, less than two months, and I make maybe two dollars a month.  Not great.  I figure, if I keep at it, and learn the techniques to gain steady google traffic, I'll boost that number considerably.

15. agilitymach profile image94
    agilitymachposted 11 years ago

I've been on seven months.  A lot of my hubs are columns I wrote for a newspaper back in the 1990s, and due to the fact that they are not good "Googley" search hubs (ie. they are creative writing), they have gone idle.  So with about 28 published hubs (and many of those book reviews and recipes, which I'm finding don't do well either), I'm getting about $20 - $25 a month now.  I will slowly be adding in more hubs along topic lines that I'm seeing work well, and hopefully will slowly see that increase.

16. Lisa A Kessler profile image58
    Lisa A Kesslerposted 11 years ago

very slow earning, nothing in my account, even more than 1000s views till now.

17. whatswhatnow profile image59
    whatswhatnowposted 11 years ago

Just about enough for a coffee - lucky coffee is cheap here smile

18. The Unlearner profile image69
    The Unlearnerposted 11 years ago

I have been here for two weeks, and have earned $3.50 so I am happy smile

1. Cantuhearmescream profile image75
      Cantuhearmescreamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

geesh? I've been here for seven weeks and haven't broke a dollar. How are you earning so quick?

19. just-ebay profile image61
    just-ebayposted 11 years ago

on average, for a newcomer; me, still $0. lol

1. ryanjhoe profile image55
      ryanjhoeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol

20. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
    LoisRyan13903posted 11 years ago

Well I joined something like 5 weeks ago and have written 16 hubs.  I so far made 96 cents.  i am hoping this will go up as I write more hubs.

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
      LoisRyan13903posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Just about 10 cents (average) per hub with 17 hubs

21. profile image0
    Pamdoraposted 11 years ago

Heh.  Since I don't yet have any sort of advertising account, I guess my answer would have to be zero.

22. Sonali Singh profile image44
    Sonali Singhposted 11 years ago

I am not getting the required traffic. But I think I earn around 25 cents per month, per hub on hubpages.

23. brianrock profile image84
    brianrockposted 11 years ago

As an absolute average, not very much. Instead, I like to think of things in tiers of success.

About 5% to 10% of my hubs are successful (1,000+ views / month). So they get on average $2 to $3 per month.

Another 10% to 20% fall into the "moderately successful" range, getting more like 100 or a few hundred views. Which translates into an average of $0.25 to $0.50 per month.

The rest make pennies per month.

The key, in my mind, is to write a lot so you maximize the number of successful, profitable hubs. You can't succeed with every one, so don't worry about the ones that fail.

24. jlpark profile image79
    jlparkposted 11 years ago

Lately about....40 cents a month.  Ain't gonna pay for anything!
    Previous to the last few months - 6-9cents.

LONG LONG LONG way from a pay out!
    Oh well...narrow niche I currently write in, so it can't be helped.  Will branch out soon!

1. jlpark profile image79
      jlparkposted 9 years agoin reply to this

So, 16mths later I'm at $4 a month....

2. kalinin1158 profile image92
      kalinin1158posted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's a 100% growth!

3. jlpark profile image79
      jlparkposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hehe - I'm happy with it - most of it come from one single hub. Unfortunately, even though I've tried to do similar hubs, they don't seem to be taking as well. Oh well.

25. Theophanes profile image90
    Theophanesposted 11 years ago

That's hard to say as I am always adding new hubs and my earnings are going up for the past few months. I've been on Hubpages for a long time but have only been paid for the past year (had a bit of technical difficulty signing up for the pay programs.) Anyway... last month I made $72 and almost 130 hubs which comes out to 55 cents per hub per month. These Hubs are on pretty obscure and varied topics so they don't get a lot of hits, nor am I "creating my own brand" by writing about the same thing over and over (which they say is the key to making the big bucks.) It's not a get-rich quick scheme but it is nice to be paid for doing something I would be doing anyway (writing articles.) Besides this at 55 cents a month each Hub could potentially continue to earn for years which is nice. I mean if you find someone to pay you for an article most of the time you'll get $10-15 but if a Hub stays earning for three years it'd be worth almost $20. I guess it is a game of patience.

26. Dusana1234 profile image60
    Dusana1234posted 11 years ago

Nothing, yet. But I'm new, I only posted 10 hubs, so hopefully one day.
    Dusana :-)

27. Sean Cruz profile image62
    Sean Cruzposted 11 years ago

It sounds like there is a degree of variation. If you really want to make money on this site, you have to really do your research and write about stuff that people either want or NEED to read about. As well as be creative with how you get the necessary traffic to your page. Then again, I just joined this site so what do I know...

28. profile image0
    itsjustnormitaposted 11 years ago

I earn, the enrichment of being able to express my interest. Honestly, a few years ago, I tried the whole affilliated venue. It was consuming so much of my time keeping up with my hubs and accounts, it really is not worth it. If you have a seperated site, that you are selling products, this is a good way to optimized your site. I used to do SEO tech for businesses, one thing we did for our clients was to make articles, post videos,and write fake reviews. The more information you have, about one particular thing, on seperate sites, can lead to first page optimaztion. Yeah, its not so much in the embeded hmtl. It has to do with popularity of one phrase. Youtube, is a great tool for this, so if you plan on selling anything online, it would be a great start. Pay per clicks, well there is, really no money in it, unless you have 1000's of hours to invest in hubs and other freelance writing sites. One site is not going to cut it, just for 1 cent per click, even 1 dollar. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, I'm just speaking from experience. This, is a good optimaztion tool, just like youtube. That's all. Its just for fun, for me. I'm just writing about,, my relationship with my boyfriend Enrico Mattedi. He has been optimized..lol

1. Abby Campbell profile image73
      Abby Campbellposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL on optimizing your boyfriend. Unfortunately, the affiliate partners only pay out after certain $$$ have accumulated and then they charge which means no $$$.  It's a joke!

2. profile image0
      itsjustnormitaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, its all just for fun for me, but anyone who looks him up around the world will find everything ai posted and a link to my facebook. lol, im not in it for the money. I used to have an online store, It was a pain to ship. everything.

29. ryanjhoe profile image55
    ryanjhoeposted 11 years ago

I am earning average $ 2 - 3 per month form all of my articles on hubpages. Hope I can increase my earning.

30. Abby Campbell profile image73
    Abby Campbellposted 11 years ago

I've only been writing since mid-January, so it's been two months. So far, I have 20 hubs. I started in the Apprenticeship program in January, so I am slowly learning how to build useful and interesting hubs that will hopefully increase traffic. I just started earning Google commissions this week, and it came to all of 80 cents. Thankfully, I am earning Bonuses with each hub in the Apprenticeship program. As long as I follow the HubPages guidelines, I will continue earning Bonuses up to 12 months. Hopefully by then, I will have 100 hubs and earning much more in Google and Ebay commissions. Unfortunately, I cannot earn anything from Amazon since North Carolina (my state) does not allow for Amazon Affiliates. With that being said, the Apprenticeship program has been an awesome venture for me. I'm learning new things each month on building hubs that will hopefully bring more traffic. I would suggest it to anyone who wants to build their HubPages business. :-)

1. Abby Campbell profile image73
      Abby Campbellposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was up to $1.28 this morning from $0.80 yesterday. Woohoo!  LOL.

31. mdcp profile image60
    mdcpposted 11 years ago

Really very hard to say earning about per hub ..jst i have 3 hubs and 2 featured hub .. lol..

32. nybride710 profile image60
    nybride710posted 11 years ago

My highest month was $140.  I figure that my most popular hub, at just a hair under 100,000 views, has made me about $435 in the 20 months since I published it.  I moved my non-performing hubs to an upfront payment site and am focusing on keeping my very best work at Hub Pages.

33. wqaindia profile image38
    wqaindiaposted 11 years ago

Still in 2nd Gear. By the end of the month I may be driving in 5th gear and once you pick us further acceleration depends upon fellow hubbers to make way.

34. cydro profile image79
    cydroposted 10 years ago

$1.52.

Definitely not making me rich, but over time traffic seems to always grow...By now I've made enough to compensate for the time I put into hubpages so I like to think that from now on everything is just icing on the cake.

35. Hikapo profile image78
    Hikapoposted 10 years ago

I joined a year ago, wrote 3-4 crappy articles and earned 3 dollars that entire year. Talk about passive income! big_smile

36. profile image52
    buwanekawakposted 10 years ago

not a penny yet as I am A new person to this site, will let you know later,

37. livewirez profile image72
    livewirezposted 10 years ago

I'm still working on it. Since I am still new in hubpages I will take things smoothly and wait for the time to register on Hubpages earning program.

38. profile image50
    vineeth handsomeposted 10 years ago

I dont know because i  dont use these kind of hubs

39. EdSaterstad profile image87
    EdSaterstadposted 10 years ago

I signed up to advertising on March 8th.  I currently have 7 hubs and have made $11.53 this month.  So about 1.50 - 2.00 per hub in one month - depending on how you adjust for the 8 days the were not set up to make money. 

But 4/5 of my views come from 2 of the 7 articles.  Those two articles have made about $4.00 so far this month, the other 5 have made less and $1.00 each.

I have Adsense also, but have made very little from it on Hubpages, I do much better on my YouTube Channel with Adsense. 

I plan on adding ebay and amazon next week.

40. benashiraz profile image59
    benashirazposted 10 years ago

Not even a penny...............................................................

41. liesl5858 profile image82
    liesl5858posted 10 years ago

I have been here on hubPages since March 8, 2013 and after 16 hubs I got $0.91.
    Thanks to hubPages for featuring all my 16 hubs and I just published the 17th hub.
    Thank you hubPages for giving me the chance.

42. BeBrown profile image66
    BeBrownposted 10 years ago

I joined years ago and then neglected it due to other commitments.  Even though I never published anything, I was still getting clicks.  It's not anything impressive (yet) but it shows that if you work at it properly yhttp://learninginlife.hubpages.com/question/213662/how-much--on-average--do-you-earn-per-hub--per-month-on-hubpages#ou can get to triple digits.

43. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 10 years ago

i earn $9 per month, an average 0.30 per day with 120-150 views. I have 111 hubs

44. kalinin1158 profile image92
    kalinin1158posted 9 years ago

Between $3 and $5 a month, but I actually never hit the $5 mark without affiliate sales. I have 40 hubs that get about 50-60 views a day, altogether. Obviously, the numbers are not great...

45. Melinda Longoria profile image65
    Melinda Longoriaposted 9 years ago

I have 80+ hubs. I've been writing here for a little over a year. As far as hub ad revenue, I get between $16 to $30 per month. The average is about $24, I think. My amazon fluctuates, but I average about $30 to $65 per month there. What about you? My outside affiliate links are starting to generate revenue, but I don't have my finger on a number (but its still low right now). How about you?

46. writerjay profile image68
    writerjayposted 7 years ago

These answers are all from three years ago. Are there any recent answers?

1. FatFreddysCat profile image91
      FatFreddysCatposted 7 years agoin reply to this

(shrugs) I've actually managed a few payouts here 'n' there since I last answered this Q, but still... mostly between "doodly" and "squat."

2. TheHubFactory profile image88
      TheHubFactoryposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi writerjay,

I track my earnings, and my hubs average 10-75 cents per hub per month, and that includes HP Ad Program, AdSense and Amazon commissions. It's not a lot, but it earns more than some of my blogs and niche sites, so I'll take it.

47. hirakx0 profile image59
    hirakx0posted 7 years ago

how does this work??? someone help me I am new to this

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)