"Do you have evidence?"

Jump to Last Post 101-116 of 116 discussions (2758 posts)
  1. HeadlyvonNoggin profile image85
    HeadlyvonNogginposted 7 years ago

Oh yeah, obviously. I think you're circling the drain at this point. You can't show anywhere where Einstein said it, but surely, obviously, it's what he meant.... Dude.

Except he never actually said it.

Obviously. Hey, I get it. Science has proven itself the most reliable way of getting answers. So money's on science to figure this one out too. Except that assumes science is the applicable tool. Which is making an assumption about what the answer's going to be. The lack of answers coming, the wide range of speculation across the scientific community, should make it clear. Oh well, keep holding out for that "definitive answer". Perhaps we just haven't dug deep enough yet.

1. Slarty O'Brian profile image81
      Slarty O'Brianposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Oh yeah, obviously. I think you're circling the drain at this point. You can't show anywhere where Einstein said it, but surely, obviously, it's what he meant.... Dude."

Dude, it's obvious. why would he have to say it? If energy creates mass and matter and gravity, it's the source of gravity mass and mater. Duh!

"We have been all wrong! What we have called matter is energy, whose vibration has been lowered as to be perceptible to the senses."

"The mass of a body is a measure of its energy content."
      Annalen der Physik 18, 639-641 (1905).

Notice, he's not saying mass is a measure of matter?

"It followed from the special theory of relativity that mass and energy are both but different manifestations of the same thing — a somewhat unfamiliar conception for the average mind. Furthermore, the equation E = mc², in which energy is put equal to mass, multiplied by the square of the velocity of light, showed that very small amounts of mass may be converted into a very large amount of energy and vice versa." --- published in the Annalen der Physik (27 September 1905

This was proven by experiment by Cockcroft and Walton in 1932,

Just recently the nay sayers were again foiled by the fact that scientists created matter from two photons. Something many thought impossible.

There is another famous formula that says energy = the plank constant times frequency.

Energy exists without mass or matter as a wave. Mass and matter don't exist without energy.

So again, duh! It's the underlying cause of every physical thing.

Einstein never said energy is created by anything. Why? Because it can't be created or destroyed according to thermodynamics. A fundamental well proven theory.

What more do you need to see that energy is the source, and Einstein knew it all too well?
      He didn't have to spell it out. It's obvious from the evidence.

The consequences of QM tell us there's nothing but energy, and I've recently come to understand that physics teachers at the university level tell their students exactly that. At least here in Canada they do. I was elated to hear it.

So if that''s what everything is, as I've always maintained, then what's the source of everything? Energy. Dude... you flushed yourself yet?

2. Slarty O'Brian profile image81

"Oh well, keep holding out for that "definitive answer". Perhaps we just haven't dug deep enough yet."

Undoubtedly we haven't dug near deep enough yet. I'm willing to wait, even if I die before the results are actually in. I know you are way too impatient to wait, so believe what makes you feel good instead.

HeadlyvonNogginposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You keep saying that, ignoring entirely that I've said multiple times that this has nothing to do with what makes me feel good.

So you think there's more depth to dig? The quantum level isn't the lowest depth? We need to go further. There you think we'll finally find the answer? You believe you'll ultimately be right and the answer will undoubtedly come from scientific inquiry eventually?

It's not impatience. It's simply following the logic.

Logical? Hardly. You think you already know, so there's no point digging at all. But you don't know and can't know.

We haven't scratched the surface yet. No need to try to make it look like we have to dig deep because we've come to a stand still, that rubbish. You continue being sure you know, and I'll continue waiting, knowing you don't.

Well, what we do see, the lack of answers, the wildly speculated causes by you and others, baseless and with no evidence whatsoever, is an expected result of what I'm saying being right. A mystery that persists since ancient Greece. Still perplexes the world's greatest minds to this day. Yes, it's logical. I've laid out the logic for you, whether you choose to accept it or not. That's on you.

Haven't scratched the surface yet? Of what? I thought it was energy?

I mean, honestly, what could it really be? What unplumbed depth holds the elusive answer? Energy becoming matter and energy becoming consciousness are two very different things. And even if energy is capable of such things, that, in my mind, would prove to be the single best piece of evidence that a god, or deliberate creator of some kind, exists. Energy exists just as it did at the beginning. No more, no less. What behavior it's capable of now it's been capable of since the inception of the universe. No accumulative evolution where energy became what it is.

You want to know what's supernatural? Energy. It was already there. Since before BB. It's from the other side. And just by it's own nature, in accordance with the rules that exist in this environment, it becomes "everything". At least what's material. It doesn't only become matter, but energy still plays a hugely intimate role along side matter as well. It's part of the equation, always. If you want to understand this natural world, you must understand energy.

I understand why you'd consider energy as the answer. But even if I believed as you do, I couldn't get on board with it. It's just too far fetched. Energy, from the beginning, becomes both the material world and the conscious mind that observes it? But this happened with no creator? It wasn't intentional? It just happened like that?

Honestly, I can't reconcile the intelligence you clearly have with this belief you hold. For you to be as informed as you are, to know as much as you do, and still hold that belief. I don't get it.

And a super daddy in the sky is not far fetched?

The lack of answers and hundreds of theories is normal. When theories actually represent reality we get factual answers. In the mean time people build models and evolve them as evidence emerges.

Models are based on facts, but aren't fact themselves until they accurately explain the facts and can predict more facts.

But in the mean time experiments are done and more facts/data is found.

QM works to make predictions about the quantum world, It's a good model/tool. But there are dozens of competing interpretations of what it all means. Yet no interpretation is required or used when doing the math.

Unlike good models, opinions and interpretations are not worth much . The facts are the facts. The interpretations of those facts are secondary, and often wrong.

But by trying and failing most of the time, we usually end up with more knowledge.

Have you heard of the jelly bean experiments? Fill a bowl with jelly beans and get a few hundred people guessing how many there are. Very few if any get really close, And some are ridiculously off. But the more people you can get the better. Turns out if you average the answers, it always comes very close to the real number. That too is part of chaos theory.

Don't be so impatient. Of course, you think you can afford to be, as you believe you know the answer.

And yes, energy's nature is my candidate, How exactly it all works, I can't say either. I have suspicions, of course, We'll see.

Yes, I know and understand how models work. If you'll recall I built one myself. A model based on facts that has provided factual answers.

Again, I'm not being impatient. Simply logical. There's no need to wait. I've got the answers I need.

Exactly as I said. But in fact you don't. But that's faith.

Oh no, I do. The results of science in every category where my model applies consistently fits what's predicted. And the actual model of early Genesis proves accurate in the same way. Every prediction made off of it proves accurate. Just as you said ...

"When theories actually represent reality we get factual answers. In the mean time people build models and evolve them as evidence emerges.

Models are based on facts, but aren't fact themselves until they accurately explain the facts and can predict more facts."

Exactly right.

2. Slarty O'Brian profile image81

As to your model, check this one out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSRj0zr7tSk

Similar to yours in places but several thousand years earlier than your Adam.

That's nearly an hour. I'll have to watch that at some point later. But just based on what you said there's a problem. Genesis gives us a timeline through it's lineage in Gen5 and 10 and elsewhere where we can determine exact spans of time like the flood happening 1656 years after Adam was created, or that Abraham was born almost 2000 years after Adam. Being that Abraham's father was from Ur, a Sumerian city, and that Abraham interacted with Egypt, and specifically a pharaoh, then Adam could not have existed any earlier than roughly 6000 BC since those two cultures didn't really exist prior to 4000 BC. Sumer did, since about 5500 BC, and Ur wasn't really much of a city until roughly 4000 BC or a little after.

2. HeadlyvonNoggin profile image85

Gravity, mass, matter? You're suggesting these are the fundamental building blocks of consciousness?  You're not telling me anything I don't already know. Yes, ultimately matter is caused by, or is, energy. But that's material. What have we been talking about here? This whole time? There's something other than the material. Other than energy/mass/matter. Something undetectable by the means employed to detect energy/mass/matter.

"So if that''s what everything is, as I've always maintained, then what's the source of everything? Energy. Dude... you flushed yourself yet?"

How many different ways can I say it. That's not everything. That's everything material. But not everything. Just think about it. What are the chances really that everything that exists is material? That that's it? That we humans, we evolved apes, have literally found "everything"?

Prove there is something supernatural or stop saying it as if its fact. No, energy is not material, so if  all you want to prove is that something immaterial exists you're too late.

Simple logic proves it. Simple logic says something happened before the big bang. Something 'caused' the singularity that was in place to start things off. Anything beyond that is, by definition, supernatural.

Then, of course, there's the mind. You've seen it yourself. Even that article you sent. There's no explanation for it. We can see the material of the brain and what it's doing. Yet there's no explanation. It exists, we both know it exists, yet it can't be proven by the very same standards you insist I adhere to. Prove the mind exists. Prove it's material, or the product of the material, or energy. If you can't does that mean it doesn't exist? Of course not.

As I've said a million times, there's no way to prove the supernatural and demanding that someone do is just plain illogical and says to everyone involved that you just don't understand. I know you're intelligent, so why you insist on ignoring this and playing ignorant is beyond me.

If you can't prove it you can't say it's fact.

As for BB

Penrose and Hawking equations, based on Relativity , postulated the Big Bang as the beginning of time and space. This then led to consequence that no one could talk about "before" the big bang.

But Penrose has since changed his mind because of the state of the universe at the big bang.  We all know that entropy increases with time. I look in the mirror in the morning and this becomes too obvious.

But if it increases with time, it decreases as you move back toward the Big Bang. In fact there should be almost no entropy at all at the beginning   Meaning there was no equilibrium, high energy. But experiment show that in fact the universe started with high equilibrium and radiation, meaning high entropy.

The other problem is that gravity didn’t exist in that state, and there has never been a good explanation as to why.  Mass didn’t exist from a fraction of a second, and mass creates gravity. Penrose then postulated that it could be explained by the state of the “singularity” before the big bang.

Because the universe is expanding, eventually all energy and matter will be so far apart that there will be no more interactions, the universe will get colder and colder, black wholes will radiate away to nothing, mass will disappear, gravity will disappear, and all that will be left is energy in absolute equilibrium.

Strangely, that's the exact state that brought about the Big Bang.

So Penrose postulates that when this happens,  due to almost absolute zero conditions, energy condenses, forms a Bose/ Einstein condensate, and thus starts the process again.

He talks about it as a squashed infinity followed by a stretched out Big bang, as opposed to a singularyt/point.

In any event, if he’s right, it means that yes: there was a Big Bang, but it wasn’t the beginning of the universe, and probably there wasn’t a beginning.

Further he says we can see evidence of the previous incarnation of the universe in the cosmological background radiation.

His tests and observations showed there is such evidence. And what he’s looking for is evidence of colliding black holes.  Till now other physicists denied the evidence. But recently a team of scientists from Poland led by Christoph Meissner of Cern , found that Penrose was right, and found good evidence of these signals from the previous universe.

Big Bang theory is no where near complete. And a lot of experiments and reaseach has to be done to prove Conformal Cyclic Cosmology right or wrong.

But that's not the only serious contender anymore. Two newish theories have been gaining respectability: Quantum loop gravity, and Three dimensional time. Both postulate a continuous universe with, again, non infinitely condensed point singularities, maintaining some space and time, forming from the physics of a previous cycle.

So the jury is still out about whether we can definitively say there was no time or space before the BB and whether it was a one time event or part of a natural cycle.

We'll see.

Yes, you're right, it's not entirely accurate to say "before". But time in some form had to exist for the singularity to change states and begin to inflate. Change doesn't happen without time.

Yes, there's all kinds of speculation about what came before BB. It's something we can never really know, but that doesn't keep people from trying to figure it out.

"If you can't prove it you can't say it's fact."

I'd say the existence of the mind is a fact, but you can't prove that.

The only thing you can't yet prove is how it works. That it exists is as self evident as road outside your house, or lack of.

Oh, well if that's the standard we're using to determine what exists and what doesn't I'd argue the existence of God and the existence of souls is also self evident.

But no, we can't even prove it's happening. We can't prove that an internal dialogue is happening. We can't prove that you experience a mind just as I do. We can only assume, because you're the same species, and behave much like me, that you probably experience once too.

Keep deluding yourself. No one but you seems to think that way, and it's self serving to your cause. Which is the only reason you take that position. No scientist has ever said we need to prove we're conscious. It's obvious. Obvious things prove themselves, hence self evident.

Gods and souls are far from self evident.

Einstein, with all he knew and understood about energy and the physical world, came away with the same conclusion. There's a God. Because of the order seen in the universe, it's self evident that there's a creator. Because of how matter and energy work. Think about it, even from your perspective, that one-two shot. Matter and energy. Or actually it's a single shot, matter/energy. One thing. If the mind is the product of energy, then the matter that makes up this physical world creates the perfect environment and the perfect vessel for this conscious mind to interact with it.

And those are two things that didn't evolve to become this. That energy was already there, right from the start.

Given how you think, how could you possibly deny that it's obviously deliberate. Intelligently created.

3. shayan ghouri profile image54
    shayan ghouriposted 7 years ago

yes agree

4. HeadlyvonNoggin profile image85

It's images, really. And sounds when it comes to music. There's no words. Just a lot of imagination. There's no need really for dialogue and calling things by name. That's only really necessary when working with a partner or if you need to look something up to figure something out. When it comess to understanding another's thoughts, that's where language comes in. All the dialogue part of my mind is really needed for is for putting into words my thoughts. And I only really do that when interacting with others.

Of course, if I'm studying text, then it's necessary in that regard. But once those words are processed and associated with the images that I associate with those words in my mind, the words are dropped.  Now their images/sounds/smells.

"It's images, really. And sounds when it comes to music. There's no words."

Exactly. Subconscious pattern recognition, learned skills. Not conscious deliberation as I said in the first place. Awareness, yes. Not consciousness.

"Awareness, yes. Not consciousness."

That statement right there just makes me shake my head. What is consciousness other than awareness? What we're conscious of is what we're aware of. The designation between consciousness and what's not is what we're aware of and what we're not. These are not two different things. There's not some other inside your brain "aware" in the subconscious while you're aware outside of it. There's no other awareness than you and what you're aware of.

"That statement right there just makes me shake my head."

Because you don't understand the difference between conscious thought and awareness. I get it. But there is a difference.

I'm going try one more time. Subconscious/unconscious mind is by definition not conscious, not part of our consciousness. But it's very aware, and the way we know that for a fact, is that  it reacts automatically. It has to be aware of the situation before consciousness is.

A ball coming toward your face. Think about it for a split second and its hit you in the nose. Auto response sends up an arm and catches the ball. It has to be aware to do that.

Consciousness is deliberation. Conscious language oriented complex thought.

I just had a thought. Wouldn't consciousness be a better soul candidate than will? After all, it identifies as "I" and it alters the auto response/instinct/will. 

Of course, to me it's a tool more than anything.

The brain's main function is to co-ordinate a moving system of cells so they can more effectively get food, replicate, fight off predictors, and meet all their biological needs. Ours has become so complex due to language above almost everything, that it now believes, like a bad government, that the system is there for it, rather than it is there for the people, or cells.

That's probably why we have this desire for gods and souls that can help the brain live forever and cheat death. Forget the body. It's just there.

Don't you believe it.

Yes, the brain manages the body. And part of that is actions. Taking action. Fight or flight. That sort of thing. But then there's the conscious mind that becomes aware of the body in infancy. And throughout life we're continually learning new things about it. That ego. That "I". I found one article where they differentiate consciousness and awareness as the thoughts, emotions, sensations, and awareness as the observer that experiences these things. But this is all subjective. It's different people trying to assign a label to an experience that can't be shown. Me, I think I lean towards the definitions of the root words. Both awareness and consciousness mean being consciously aware of something. And there's not some other awareness that's not you. That's silly. If you're not aware, you're not aware. Yes, the body can and does react to things and do things. But it's most times based on data coming in through the senses observed consciously. Consciousness may not take control and spend the time to assess the incoming fastball. Then again, maybe it did, one time in the past. So after that experience you unconsciously flinch in that scenario. You can consciously override this flinch, if you know it's coming. It might take you by surprise.

But that doesn't mean there's something inside of you that's aware of something you're not. That would be me thinking there's something aware in my laptop because it new to change the clock for daylight savings time. It's a machine. It's programmed to do things.

And so are you, and that's will. What else would you call it when you do something instictively and then feel a sense of accomplishment?

You're right. I've said before there is no separation between conscious and unconscious brain. It's a way we talk about. The conscious awareness is layered. When you experience the world with no inner dialogue you are experiencing a more basic feeling driven layer. Emotions emote you. They drive you to act. That's will, and it comes from under the "I" layer and isn't controlled by it.

It can be changed by it, getting rid of that emotion and need to act. But feelings/emotions are obviously not being controlled by consciousness. Just as you don't and can't choose likes and dislikes, you don't and can't choose your emotions.

What do we say will does? It drives us to act. Not acting is an action in this context. That's what emotions do. Why? Because we have predisposed ways in which we act toward specific events or scenarios. The conscious layer translates those feelings and events in to concepts. It deliberates, reviews memory, other feelings/predispositions, learned and genetic, in conjunction with subconscious layers to come to a final choice and corresponding feelings.

A reformed racist no longer has feelings of hate or suspicion about people they used to hate with a passion and mistrust. It's a long process but I've seen people go through that change and make 180 degree turn.. Feeling is all important because it's what drives us: our will/instinct/predispositions. Deliberation and learning can change our feelings.

You know things when you know them. There isn't a second consciousness. It's all you, just that different layers do different things within the system.

"What do we say will does? It drives us to act. Not acting is an action in this context. That's what emotions do. Why? Because we have predisposed ways in which we act toward specific events or scenarios. The conscious layer translates those feelings and events in to concepts. It deliberates, reviews memory, other feelings/predispositions, learned and genetic, in conjunction with subconscious layers to come to a final choice and corresponding feelings."

Right, what you call the "conscious layer". That's you. You're the one conscious. You're your will. You operate as you decide is best for you. Whether or not to act on instinct. Whether or not to fight or flight. You're in charge, in control. The body does what it's done since the beginning. It's a complex machine that evolves and adapts.

Those emotions, they don't just trigger an automatic response. They work the way they do because they have proven a useful aid to our will. They interact in the way they do, by coaxing the will into action, because that's what works.

Sorry, The whole thing is you; despite the fact your conscious layer thinks it can beat death by separating itself from the rest.

Right, kind of odd it would evolve that way and think those kinds of things. Why does the conscious mind feel 'separate' from the body it's evolved along with all this time? From the start the body is alien to us. It's a part of the physical world around us, just as strange as the physical world around us. We're often grossed out by what the body does. Vomit, deficating, menstral anything. In fact, I read a psychological explanation behind the male dominance our species developed being based on the fact that women are more closely tethered to the natural world through menstral cycles, child birth and feeding, etc. Because of how men feel towards those things.

5. Victoria Crosbie profile image60
    Victoria Crosbieposted 7 years ago
  6. Josephagasper profile image61
    Josephagasperposted 7 years ago

Arguing against the existence of God is foolishness. Psalm 14:1 and Psalm 53:1 says that the fool has said in his heart that there is no God. If God had not given man scientific breakthrough to scan the inside of a human being (using laser etc), atheists would have argued about how the human body is and works. Arguing against a Truth does not change the Truth. Take a moment and reflect on what happens when you sleep. Are you conscious? No. When you dream, do you recollect the people and places you saw even while sleeping? That shows that you are a spirit who has a soul but lives in a body. When you die physically, (like everyone will also die physically), your soul and spirit will be very conscious of where you are (in hellfire if you die in your sins) or in heaven (if you have repented of your sins and accepted Jesus as Lord and Saviour). As you have been told severally, you have a choice but the moment you die, your cannot change it as you will end up in hellfire if you are an Atheist or unbeliever. Those in hellfire are fully conscious of their fellow Atheists, unbelievers and Anti-Christ people. No one knows the day or method of death (including you) and it is better to accept the free gift of Christ now before it is too late. If you will sincerely open your heart to God and the Holy Bible, Light will shine into your heart. God and His Word are real. Asking for any evidence is like asking to see the rays of laser with your physical eyes. May God save your soul before it is too late.

Listening to Psalms is foolishness.

7. John Welford profile image79
    John Welfordposted 7 years ago

Why is that illogical? All through history people have asked questions along the lines of 'How did this happen?' and concluded that because they couldn't think of an answer some divine being must have made it happen. As time has passed, many of these questions have been seen to have answers that were perfectly understandable. How can you say that this will not eventually apply to all such questions? To doubt this is what is illogical!

What you call "perfectly understandable" answers, what about any of that tells you that there isn't some divine being? Everything we've learned only makes the 'it just happened' answer more and more ridiculous.

And that's the straw man you constantly build and attack. No such thing as just happened. The world is cause and effect. No such thing as accidents. Only in your perception. The end result of a process is anything but accident. And there are no causeless events.

Unless it's deliberately intended, that's exactly what it is.

Deliberate intent is causeless? In what universe? Or should I say fantasy land?

8. profile image51
    MariRogersposted 7 years ago

This utterly snide cheap shot against "empiricists" is exactly the kind of trash anti-think I have come to expect from religious folk, ESPECIALLY Christians. Your babble is proof of all that psychologists and other social scientists have said about your ilk in this article!
      Christian teachings do serve some positive purposes, but at an unacceptably high price: the faithful are required to relinquish their ENTIRE powers of reason, analysis, critical thought, truth, and both intellectual and emotional honestly. A myriad of scriptures demand this- "Lean not on your own understanding but on every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord."
      Oh- opps- how could God have a physical mouth? He is a SPIRIT with no BODY, unless you're a Mormon or Chridtadelphian! LOL, how ridiculous!
      How can anyone with a BRAIN believe this stuff?
      Phineas T. Barnham said thete's a SUCKER born every minute. And a Christian apologist!

9. profile image51

Pardon my keyboarding. I have a bruised index finger.

10. profile image51

Bunk! The complexity and intricacy of the universe in no way "proves" the existence of a divine being or magical Creator.
      Empirical science is constantly making advances , despite what Christians may say.
      Time WILL tell. Sorry, X-apologists. You lost the Truth battle a LONG TIME AGO.

"This utterly snide cheap shot against "empiricists"...

I assume you're referring to me. What "cheap shot" are you talking about?

"The complexity and intricacy of the universe in no way "proves" the existence of a divine being or magical Creator."

When did I say it did?

11. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years ago

… if you think about something you want to make and you make it …  your original intent caused it. Without the intent, it would not have come into existence. Therefore, of course, it (the action/process of producing) was on purpose.
    Thinking and intending are are done on an invisible level. On an invisible level, consciousness exists.
    You cannot see it, hear it, feel it, touch it, or taste it, but it exists. It stands to reason this is the realm of "God".  It stands to reason we could name this realm anything we want.
    I call it "Mighty Triple O": Omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent Spirit which has brought and does bring everything into existence.

12. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Dear Creator (MTO) of us all,
         You emanate from/in the realm of Bliss. Holy, pure and divine You are.
    Your kingdom (realm of peace and bliss) does (perpetually) come AS Your will (intention) is done on earth (the material plane,) as it is done in the pure state of love and bliss (of the CAUSAL realm).

God exists on the causal realm. By mentally/consciously tuning into God's purity and love, you bring "heaven" to earth. (Bliss consciousness.)

TWISI

13. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

When Jesus said, "My father and I are one," He meant that He (on a pure non-"ego" level) was tuned into "God" (MTO) on a conscious level. spirt+Spirit = Spirit: "One."
    Yoga = union in consciousness.

Therefore, "God" is invisible.

14. Anna Danny profile image54
    Anna Dannyposted 7 years ago

No do u know if its ok

15. HeadlyvonNoggin profile image85

Oh no, these are limits we do know about. Here, watch these. They're not very long...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF54xqY … 0179B12F8D

I've seen this guy before. Not impressed. Sorry, he doesn't have a clue.

Hahaha. Figures. Yeah, this guy who helped make some significant advances in our understanding in quantum mechanics at CERN doesn't have a clue. Okay Slarty.

When it comes to predicting what we will or won't be able to know in the future, no one has a clue. Not me, not him, not you. I don't care who he is. I gave Lawrence Kraus shit for saying the universe started from nothing. Nothing being quantum fluctuation. Hardly nothing.

He's a good scientist but a lousy philosopher. I'm sure he would take that as a compliment. Your guy may be the same. 

Again, i'm not saying there are or are not limitations. There are right now. But in the future? That's anyone's guess. And I don't take guesses too seriously. No matter who's they are, including my own.

16. Buildreps profile image83
    Buildrepsposted 7 years ago

Good point. Science is a religion for atheists. Empirical materialists believe that mind arises from matter, while there's not a shred of "evidence" for it. I would advice all irrationalists, what scientists and all their atheist followers are, to read the God series of Mike Hockney, starting with part one, the God Game.

Really? No evidence? You don't have a brain? Ever see some one who doesn't? Consciousness can be knocked out by anesthetic/ How does that work if it isn't physical?

Sorry. You'll have to wait for the facts like everyone else. Saying science is a religion shows your ignorance of science.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)