Discovering the contradictions of the Bible.

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (46 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 16 years ago

Logical thinking. 

Quick note about John
    In Revelations 22:10, Don't seal the prophetic words of this book, because the time is near. Let the unrightous go on in unrightousness; let the filthy go on being made filthy; let the rightous go on in righteousness; and the holy go on being made holy.

So after the John was told not to seal the prophetic words of the book, he ends the book with.

Revelations 22;18- I testify to everyone who hears the prophetic words of this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book. And if anyones takes away from the words of this prophetic book, God will take away his share of the tree of life and the holy city, written in this book. (So he sealed it anyways)

So theoretically,  by logic, John is a liar since he was not given authority to seal the prophecies, but manipulated people into believing they can't change the end.  I am under the impression that sealing means to leave it unchanged.

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 16 years agoin reply to this

By logic, you made a false statement. You say that John is a liar by logic and that he sealed the book and go even further to say that the end can be changed. It's easy to make statements. You can make a statement about anything there is, was or ever will be. So what? It's easy to tell people they're really good people. It's easy to tell a lie. What is hard is to tell the truth to people who want no truth.

When you make statements such as you made above, you are really saying that God is weak and can't keep His own Word. If that is your god you can keep him. I will keep the Lord Jesus Christ. wink

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 16 years agoin reply to this

well, you will have your wish and I will have mine, the difference between you and me is that I belive that all people are worthy of God not matter what, and what you say is it has to be a certain way.  Well be it as it may,  I tell no lies.  What you seek is to be better than someone else and for whatever reasons you feel this way, than I pray that God will open your eyes.  You can call me a liar, you can say that things will not change, but what you don't know is you are no different from someone who believes in Jesus Christ or God than someone who does not.  There you are false. 
        What proof can a person give to know that all man shall see heaven and all man is worthy of God?  None would be acceptable proof for you because you are set in one direction, one that is to no avail.  d
        So pray, do your prayin to the Lord above, because what I have you will never have, you will never find, but even then you will ultimatly be worthy of God.  How you read things are a reflection of yourself, so see to it that you change yourself from the inside. 
        With that I can only hope that one day you would find it in your heart to forgive all regardless of circumstances. 

So YOU make no mistake!  John does tell a lie, an innocent one at that, but what you do is perpetuate the lie and what you want is total destruction for this life and there is no good in praying for an end to this means when the end to this means can come today if you would allow it. 

You make no mistake, when God speaks listen, and you have not yet heard the words from God, you will continue on in your sorrows, but there will be no veil lifted from your eyes until you are ready to know that indeed Jesus came for all man, not just you, and not just those who glorify Jesus Christ.  It is people like you that turn people away from Jesus, not people like me.  It is people like you who mock the very words of God to set yourselves above the rest.
        Go, Go pray for my death, because what will come after to man, I am certain you do not want to be apart of.  Have mercy on your own soul to see the things that you say, have mercy on your own soul for denouncing a truth when it is the truth. 
        You believe not! 
        For certainly what is not easy for you is to forgive when forgiveness is free and a virtue that was given by Jesus Christ himself.  So YOU see to your own fony prayers that God will answer when there isn't anything you or anyone else can do that will change what was and is granted to me and in that all man will be saved.  Every single one.  You have no authority over me,  and for you to delute my praises to the people is ignorant and is full of pride and division, it is full of blaspehmy and full of hate and rage, it is full of those things that Jesus told you not to know and yet you do. 

Aww but you know no better and that is why all man will be saved.

1. profile image0

No man is worthy of the love of God. No man can work out salvation. No man can work his way into heaven. It is God who is worthy. It is God who loves man, not the other way around. God made a way for all men to come to Him. Some will accept the way that God made, others will refuse it.

You can throw darts at me all night long. You can do anything you want to against me. Nothing will change the Word of God that is written. It is settled and God changes not. It doesn't matter if you hear what I say or not. The word of man is nothing. It is the Word of God that is true. Man's word is lies.

Not sure where you are coming from or where you get some of the ideas that you post. You tell me to go pray for your death. Why would you say something like that? I also think you know me better than that. You have read most of my hubs. I just don't believe you're as ignorant as your last post.

2. profile image0
    MOmmagusposted 16 years ago

like many such contridictions in the Bible, these two versus are taken out of context.  In the first one, an angelic being is telling john to read the bible often; use this to prepare for the end.  The second verse is a command from the holy spirit, warning us NOT to change or to add to the scriptures.  If one does, they will be under a great curse.  There are also other issues to condider here, for example, there are translation problems with the word "seal."  there are several possible variations for translating this and many other words in the Bible.  So, the english Bible is, in a sense,  a translation of a translation of a language composed of words that our language doesn't even have.  Is this making any sense to anyone?

I think it's good to remember the God gives everyone "words" all the time.  Personal and helpful "words" that are just as relevant as the Bible.

3. profile image0

well thanks for commenting,  but Revelations is not the end and it will change, and then the Spirit and the Bride said: anyone who wants to come can come.  The end.

4. profile image0

No man is worthy of the love of God. No man can work out salvation. No man can work his way into heaven. ---SirDent

Think about what you just wrote sirdent, then neither are you worthy of God.

1. profile image0

You are right. I am not worthy of God. But that doesn't matter. God loves me anyway and made a way for me to be saved. The same way is for everyone who will come.

I forgot to write, No man can buy his way into heaven.

1. profile image0

Exactly my point SirDent, there is no need to buy your way into heaven because God love you and us no matter what.  So God Bless hope I didn't upset you too much.  Really, I mean that.  I love you too you know.smile

1. profile image0

You didn't upset me at all. It isn't my Word that you twist and turn into nothing. There will be a day of judgment. There is no need of a day of judgment if everyone is going to make it no matter what. There is no need of a Word of God if everyone is going to make. There is no pint in doing anything at all, even showing love to others, if everyone is going to make it.

What I am saying is, your posts are lies and they are done by someone who is blind to truth. You think you know the truth, but yet you are deceived. I have been lied to before and believed the lie. It is not a good feeling to realize that you believed something that's false, but you can get over it. Some things you cannot get over if you believe them.

1. profile image0

No your are! LOL.  You go on leading people away and I will go on leading people to.  You are selfish. I will see to it that the judgment you display on me shall come back to you.  Good luck.

1. profile image0

LOL! Why wait? Judge me now. I love it when I am threatened. I love it when everyone else knows all about God but I know nothing. I do see a lot of people following you. They follow you very closely as a matter of fact. I love being called judgmental. I especially love it when a follower of Christ calls Christ a liar.

It's easy to fool people. It's easy to use big words and elegant speech to move them. The easiest path is the one that leads to destruction. You don't have to do anything. Just walk right on the way you are going. No rules to follow. No law at all for anyone to obey. Well. maybe you should keep it at or under the speed limit.

Everyone in the world is bound by something. Some are bound by the grace of God and yet others are bound by wickedness. There shall be no wicked thing in heaven. I most likely will not reply here anymore. It looks to be getting a little too personal to me. Not only from you but from myself also.

1. profile image0

i never called Christ a liar,  no one follows me,  and no one has judged you,  you just  assumed your own judgement.  And I have everything!

1. profile image0

From another thread

I bolded the part about Jesus being a liar. To go to the post click. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/3586?page=6#post28152

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
                  Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I bolded the part about preaching about and then NOT behaving in a loving, forgiving, christian fashion.

Otherwise known as lying. big_smile

1. profile image0

I did post that I know.

2. Inspirepub profile image70
            Inspirepubposted 16 years agoin reply to this

And this attitude, right here, is what is wrong with Christianity today.

There is no POINT in showing love to others if we are all going to Heaven?

Hello?

Can you HEAR yourself?

You only show love to others to get a ticket to Heaven? That would make you a Pharisee, I believe ...

I have only this to say to you, Sir Dent - 1 Corinthians 13.

Jenny

5. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

LOL Now I see why Mark doesn't like hardcore christians big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

Misha - This is the mild version.

Although I have not personally experienced living in a communist state, there are an awful lot of similarities in control techniques. Where do you think the communists learned them ? big_smile

6. profile image0

I really want to know why anyone would argue that God loves you, not me.

7. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

I must admit to not understanding why people who profess to be christian take it so personally when others make comments about their chosen belief system. What difference does it make to you personally if some one thinks the bible is a lie?

1. profile image0

Mark, Sandra herself has stated more than once that she is a Christian. She acts like one and even talks like one at times. To call Jesus a deceiver and still follow Him means she thinks she's following a lie. I dialog with atheists all the time in MSN forums. Not only atheist, but people of many different belief systems.

I will say that Jesus is more talked about and slandered than any other religious leader, guru or whatever you may want to call them. No one talks badly about Buddha like they do Jesus. Why so much animosity toward Jesus? Don't you find that even just a little odd?

Not even slightly a little odd. When I look at some of the other things you have said in these forums I am not surprised one little bit.

But you didn't answer the question. Why does it matter to you personally if Jesus Christ is maligned in any way. If indeed he ever existed - as I understand it, he would have taken these insults on the chin with a smile and wished the person all the best - and meant it.

1. profile image0

Yes, He would have taken them on the chin but I am not Jesus. I am still working on myself to be like Jesus. Emotions sometimes run high and get in the way of good judgment. It is that way for everyone believer or not.

Believers are called to spread the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are called to expose the lies that are taught. It is part of our makeup in the Lord. We are the salt of the earth. We are the light of the world.

I don't see how you can be the light of the world when you allow your personal emotions to color your statements. Sounds, as usual, like:  "Do as I say, not as I do." to me.  And if you are the salt of the earth, I will take it unsalted thanks. Allow me to share the real TRUTH big_smile

http://markpknowles.com/wp-content/uploads/jesus.jpg

big_smile No lies here.

This is why I make fun of you. You think you are the salt of the earth and the light of the world. And you think you know the truth. And you are called to spread this truth. Not sure who by as I am pretty sure even you would admit God did not directly ask you to do this. Also, you do not live by your truth.

As far as I am concerned, this is at best hypocrisy, at worst a lie.

If I saw christians on a daily basis helping people and contributing something positive to the world, I would have a different opinion of them.

2. profile image0
        RFoxposted 16 years agoin reply to this

The animosity towards Jesus is a direct result of the actions of His followers.

Buddhists are not judgmental, we embrace all faiths and paths that help to make people better human beings. We do not try to convert or profess that 'our way' is the only 'true way' because we understand the world is a diverse place and people need to find their own path through life. That is why people leave the Buddha alone.

Many Christians push their belief on others. They are extremely judgmental, professing their 'way' is the only 'true way' and anyone who doesn't follow this belief are evil, wicked heathens who are going to burn in the hell fires of damnation. This kind of thinking and overt hatred towards non-believers is what causes the backlash against anything to do with Christianity.

The irony, of course, is that Jesus preached loving compassion for all people and an attitude of non-judgment. How His words became so twisted by certain members of the Christian faith I will never understand. I also don't personally understand attacking Jesus because of the actions of His followers but that's humanity for you. It isn't fair but what in life is.

Jesus was a prophet and an enlightened being, the problem is many Christians do not actually follow His words of wisdom. That is why, in my opinion, there is so much animosity. smile

8. profile image0

I never called myself a Christian or anything for that matter
    you didn't read the entire forum about that post to even make it a true statement, yet you picked it out to make suite your needs and thus say I called Jesus a liar, when no, no I did not call Jesus a liar, which is well stated in many other things I write.  Christians are horrible at reading I guess or just to lazy to read everything they start to get into,  Shoulda read, Why I hate Christains who don't listen, hub, I left a really great message down at the bottom that never fails.

1. profile image0

You wrote the quote I quoted above in another thread. You can't deny it. I did follow that thread for the days it was active. I won't say I understood everything that was written but I did understand parts of it. It isn't hard to understand someone calling Jesus a deceiver.

I am trying to remember whether or not you called yourself a Christian now. Maybe I was wrong in that and I only assumed it. One thing I know for sure, you cannot follow Christ as being truth and call him a deceiver.

Mark, you can believe anything you want to believe. I have never nor will I ever take away that right from anyone. So many people think that just cause they believe something, that makes it right. Many believe that God is not able to keep His own Word. That doesn't hurt me at all.

Most atheists do everything they can to insult believers in Christ. They persecute them on a daily basis. They talk about Jesus and make fun of Him constantly. Jesus is the most talked about person in history. He is mocked more than anyone else ever was or ever will be. That fact in itself should tell you something. Just the very fact that you  yourself have to make fun of Him should tell you something.

Have you ever asked yourself why you do that so much? Did you ever ask yourself why it even matters to you at all? If you don't believe God is real why fight so hard against Him? Just ask yourself. You don't have to answer me here. Try being truthful to yourself for once.

9. profile image0

What did the egg say to the pot of boiling water?   It will take me a while to get hard cause I just got layed by a chick!!!!! LOLOLOL!

1. profile image0

Not sure if that's an insult or supposed to be funny.

10. Sprinkler Man profile image58
    Sprinkler Manposted 16 years ago

SirDent,

I have found out while trying to deal with athiests that it is not worth the argument. They bore you with unproven scientific facts and only try to bring you down to their level.

I have given up on discussing anything further, would hate to live in their world and be down at their level.

SM

1. profile image0

I understand what you mean but at the same time God made Himself small and got down to our level in order to save us. We are called to spread the gospel of Christ to all the world. That being said, I also know that there are times to speak and times to listen.

This would be another reason. This person is a good example of why I make fun of "christians."

He thinks he is on a higher level than me and can't be bothered to stoop to my level to discuss it.

Although, he also believes that because there are fish in the sea, this is proof that evolution is not happening. big_smile

1. profile image0

You are wrong in what you said about Him being on a higher level Mark. It is God who is on the higher level and that's what he is saying.

It doesn't matter what you think of me Mark.

11. Mark Knowles profile image59

Well, actually, my impression of you is improving every time you make a sensible, well thought out remark that doesn't involve telling me that I am going to hell big_smile

And Sprinkler man said

"I have given up on discussing anything further, would hate to live in their world and be down at their level. "

He has given up and  he would hate to be down at my level. He prefers his current state of ignorance and believes it puts him at a higher level than me. Whatever that means. LOL

1. profile image0

When a discussion on the Bible is started as it goes along hell will always be mentioned at some point. It is inevitable. Just as a discussion on Atheism almost always evolution will be mentioned and discussed. It's just how things are. If we were to discuss writing, eventually the use of punctuation would be mentioned. It all goes hand in hand.

2. Sprinkler Man profile image58
      Sprinkler Manposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Mark,

I would rather have my state of ignorance than your higher level of ignorance LOL LOL LOL.......

Sound of case resting big_smile

12. Mark Knowles profile image59

Not really. My atheism has absolutely nothing to do with the theory of evolution. Hadn't even heard of it when I decided that the christians had it all wrong.

Atheism is a non-belief in something. big_smile

13. profile image0
    SirDentposted 16 years ago

I did say almost always on evolution. I believe you understand what I meant though.

Quite right smile Sorry.

14. profile image0

Did you go to school sirdent?

15. profile image0

Romans 3:11

There is no one rightous, not even one;
    there is no one who understand,
    there is not one who seeks God.
    All have turned away,
    together they have become useless;
    there is no one who does good,
    there is not even one.
    Ther throats is an open grave;
    they decieve with thier tongues
    Vipers' venom is under thier lilps
    their mouth is full of cursing
    and bitterness.
    Thier feet are swift to shed blood;
    ruin and wretchedness are in thier paths
    and the path of peace
    they have not know
    There is no fear of God before their eyes.

I guess this passage doesn't pertain to Christains.

Luke 18:19

"Why do you call me good? Jesus asked him.  NO one is good but one- God.  You know the commandments." 

Not even Jesus is good.

16. profile image0

True Rx,  now I feel really bad for the way I have been behaving.  I'm sorry.  sad

1. profile image0
      RFoxposted 16 years agoin reply to this

We are all human and fall into the trap of humanity quite often. I certainly am no saint! Lol. big_smile

Being able to say 'sorry' shows enlightened values. So many people are unable to say that word or acknowledge their own shortcomings. So don't feel bad. Life is but a journey with many lessons to learn. And you seem to be a fast learner Sandra! wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)