Birthday presents for four year old twin girls Help!

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (34 posts)
  1. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I don't like what I got them, and this afternoon in three hours my time, (it is now 1pm.) I need to think of something. Ideas?

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What did you get them?

earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Colouring sets, but I was over there the other night and both of them were using two huge new ones!

1. profile image0

Oh I see the dilemma. How about telescopes.  Yes!!! Telescopes.

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Time... Create a deed of time between you and them. (don't 4get the pressies tho lol)

Oh yes, I give them almost all of my time, and a lot of individual time listening to them one at a time is important too. smile Where else am I going to learn that much? smile

3. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

How'bout Barbies?

4. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Get them the same thing, I am an identical twin an at that age, you have to get them the same thing, like barbie dolls with two different outfits.  Or baby dolls, one you feed, one you change the diaper. Good luck smile

They are not overly interested in dolls, keener on world domination i think. Although very different people the twins like to talk, watch TV jump on the trampoline, play with there pets or a grandparent, color in and draw pictures.

5. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Nylon long wigs with hairdresser set for children

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gotta be DressUp Earnest.... (But NO Beards) hmm

2. earnestshub profile image80

Thanks tantrum, that's not a bad idea!

1. tantrum profile image59
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They will loveit. all little girls do smile !

6. lrohner profile image70
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

No, no, no, Earnest. They're SOOOO trying to be little ladies. If they're what I call "pink" girls, then they need goodie bags filled with nail polish, anime type stuff, and everything frills. Get them everything they need to do a fake mani/pedi and they'll be happy.

If they're not "pink" girls, then they will be looking to every movie (Little Mermaid, 101 Dalmatians, etc.) for their inspiration, and they will appreciate you even more for recognizing that.

You know ya nippers alright! Yes they are little 20 somethings already, and dangerously clever smile I will have to include at least some glitter, and may yet go for the whole cabbage! smile

1. profile image0

It is probably more likely that they would really like this idea maybe telescopes for Christmas or something. smile

Thanks Sandra, I am still a bit keen on the telescopes! smile

7. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

No, no, no... get Telescopes!

That is a wonderful idea! I could be further away and cop less chocolate cake on my black Jacket.  smile

8. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

At four:

1.  Matching horse sets (one bay, one chestnut), include stables, barn, riding ring and all riders' accessories. If the horses neigh, all the better (try Breyers, they extremely durable and good)
    2.  A gift certificate for a pony ride to go with #1;
    3.  Breeches and riding gloves to go with #1 and 2;
    4.  A bin of molding clay that can be baked and then painted (include paint brushed - hair, not nylon, acrylic paint, embellishments for decorating)
    5.  Scrapbooking material and scrapbooks - die cutters, scissors with non-traditonal straight edges, embellishments, markers, glue, tape, gel pens
    6.  Paint by number kits -- pick a animals that they like (either matching the paiting exactly, or matching the type of animal), include a good hair paintbrush as the ones in the kits are not very good
    7.  Easy Bake Oven -- add aprons, extra boxes of mixes, cup cake liners and so forth
    8.  Tea set -- to go with #7 so they can serve tea to friends (or even you!)  Include some nice herbal teas for them to choose from.

Hope you get this in time for your ideas Earnest and Good Luck!

Wish the girls happy birthday!!

Lovely Beth. You are a dear, as you all have been. I will decide partly on which things I can find, but will be looking based on the suggestions here as far as I know anyway smile I thank you for your love, and will now go hit the shops!

9. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Good luck Earnest!  Happy shopping!!  big_smile

10. lrohner profile image70

Hmmmm....you may be keen on telescopes, but you need to stop thinking about what YOU want to get them and start thinking about what THEY want. I remember my second daughter's 4th bday. She was a clean, organizational freak even then. (Have no idea where she got it from...). The best prezzie she got was from her Montessori teacher who gave her a whole desk organizer set. My daughter pretty much threw away all of her other prezzies and stuck with the desk set.

The motto here...listen to them. Don't get them something you WANT them to like.

Thanks Irohner smile I have listened, and I like the idea of dress ups. The biggest thing I'm getting lately now they are big girls is that they want to control! I am a twin you see, and this is where the problem started smile Both get along fine together, and are at times quite fascinated by so many things I get lost. I think I will lean to your advice, it feels like something they can enjoy doing together without those pesky adults, like grandfathers, who are easy enough to take out anyway when your a "big girl", but can create minor nuisances smile

1. lrohner profile image70
        lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When my girls were that age, their FAV thing was a big trunk that I filled with (crap, quite frankly) from the consignment shops. Old dresses, hats, gloves, etc. It was truly big-girl dress-up for them, and really, really cheap for me! smile

That is a fabulous idea! I will look at that one with a bit more tiime in hand.

11. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Just a wee thought on the Telescopes idea Earnest ,which I think is a cool one BUT like Sandra suggested Xmas be a better time because of the Stars being easier to be seen ,summertime etc....just a thought..

If they love to colour ,how bout an artist palette..(like the ones they have in pre-school.

Enjoy the family fun n laughter smile

12. lrohner profile image70

FYI...I think telescopes will be REALLY COOL for them when they're a few years older and can start to recognize that as quality time with grandpa.

13. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I'd vote for a nice building set (like L'egos)for each of them.  It would keep them busy and probably in "parallel play" at that age.

Some of kind of little dolls or little doll family with stuff that goes with them (like little furniture, camping equipment or anything that would let the girls "make the people do things" by using imaginative play).

This doesn't sound very exciting, but children that age love play food and play dishes.

This is great, but they have heaps of that, and yes they love it. smile

14. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Back from the party. 2 glasses of champagne, and the kids had a ball! 2 parties, one with their peers in the morning, and with the family from 4pm.
    I got binoculars and dress ups! One went straight for the binoculars, the other one for the dress ups! Asha does not need her binoculars this evening as she parades around in her finery, dripping with jewels! Lauren was still looking at everything through her binoculars when I left. smile
    Both happy with their toys, thanks everyone! The two ideas chosen here both worked. smile Ah hubpages, where you can find love for children and solutions to loving them on a simple forum. smile

1. profile image0

So happy the party was a hit.  Glad your grandkids loved their gifts. big_smile  Sounds like you had a really great time.  Way to go Grandpa!!! smile

2. charanjeet kaur profile image61
      charanjeet kaurposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh wow anything given as a token of love and little thought is always appreciated. I am glad they loved it and you had a nice time.

15. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I got princess accessories for a 4 year old girl last year.  The little jeweled crowns and wands were relatively cheap, and she was so excited to get princess gear.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)