How Do You Encourage Rating of Your Hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)
  1. profile image0
    TiffanyDowposted 16 years ago

I was wondering how others encourage people to rate their Hubs? On Hub Pages, it's not real noticeable (those two little thumbs) and it's the same on Squidoo - the stars are small.

Anyhoo...I had a friend make me a cute image for encouraging people to rate mine. VIsit any of my Hubs and check it out. I love it! He put a funny tag line in there, too.

I'd like to see other things like this. I saw Sun's image of hands holding a card with text and that one was cool, too. Then I've seen others that were just text saying Rate My Hub...

what do you use?

1. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Ha....I've never thought about it one bit! cheers for the idea....I've got an idea in mind now!

Thanks.

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 16 years ago

Once Hubpages took away our ability to actually see how our Hubs were being rated, I stopped worrying about it.

1. profile image0
      TiffanyDowposted 16 years agoin reply to this

You used to be able to see that? Like just a number thing or who did what?

Does it still impact your scores/rankings, I wonder?
      tiff

1. Soya profile image58
        Soyaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

you can still your thumbsup votes for your hubs in the hubpages newslteer..

2. Soya profile image58
        Soyaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

you can still see your thumbsup votes for your hubs in the hubpages newslteer..

3. Whitney05 profile image82
        Whitney05posted 16 years agoin reply to this

Under the stats of each hub, you used to be able to see how many thumbs up's and down's you had, in addition to the the traffic. But, too many people were complaining about the thumb down's ratings and how they thought other people were purposely giving the hubs multiple thumbs down ratings, so they removed it from the individual hubs. Like Soya mentioned, you can see the overall thumbs up in the weekly newsletter that gets sent on Wednesdays. But, you can no longer see individual hub ups/downs.

From what I remember it does not affect the individual hub score or your hubber score, and never has. I believe it's more to let you know how your audience feels about your hub.

3. Karen Ellis profile image61
    Karen Ellisposted 16 years ago

I'm pretty new at this, but I always try to remember to rate the pages I visit.  I just assumed it made a difference in their rating.  I always rate it up if the person took time to write a decent article.  If I thought they didn't take much time, I don't rate it (but that's not often).  I've only rated one down and that was because it was an obvious spam.  I only have eight fans, but I try to visit one of their hubs every day.  I rate it and if I can I click on a Google for them.  It's good for me too - I get a lot of ideas for future hub articles.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Do me a favor and don't click on any ads if you like my hubs.

If every one was like karen ellis, we would probably have all been banned from google adsense by now. Always clicking on a google ad to reward some one for a good hub LOL

Well, I will return the favor then LOL

And you do not know who has rated your hubs or how.

Who is your guru? You might consider changing.

Relache - I believe they call this "social networking?"  Obviously, I'm not very good at it big_smile

4. ngureco profile image81
    ngurecoposted 16 years ago

If only everybody else was like Karen Ellis, then we can all count on good hubs. I think when you rate my hubs positively you encourage me to post better hubs next time. Thank you Karen and all others who take effort to rate hubs.

5. Sibaire profile image58
    Sibaireposted 16 years ago

Currently, I have no way of encouraging hub ratings, but your idea is very good, I may integrate it into my hubs! Thanks a lot!

6. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 16 years ago

Why is it no one around here reads the FAQ or seems to retain any of of the info it provides?

7. Sibaire profile image58

LOL I agree Mark, AdSense would have suspected something fishy was going on if a whole heap of hubs had a larger than average AdSense earning.

And Tiffany, I've taken your advice and have now added an image to the end of my hubs in a hope to gain extra ratings. Thankyou once again for the suggestion!

8. VioletSun profile image80
    VioletSunposted 16 years ago

Checked out one of your hubs, Tiffany,  and your image is cute and friendly! Makes one want to rate the page. smile I generally rate a hub with a thumbs up if I like it;  if not I leave it alone as there is no need to give someone a thumbs down just because I may not like what they wrote or if a hub is not well written, as I don't see what purpose it serves, won't make the hubber a better writer or the like.

9. Sibaire profile image58

That is very true VioletSun, I like your view on rating. I guess the thumbs down button can be used in the case of a hub being very poorly written, or a spam hub.

1. VioletSun profile image80
      VioletSunposted 16 years agoin reply to this

A hub that has work stolen from another writer will get me to give it a thumbs down and flag it.

1. Sibaire profile image58
        Sibaireposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't implying that a thumbs down vote be given to a plagarised hub, I was just saying that I personally would give a thumbs down to a very badly written hub. Although I do agree with your additude against plagarised hubs, they should definately be flagged and dealt with.

10. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 16 years ago

That is a very cute way to get ratings.........love it!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)