I have come home from holiday to find my work has been pinched by some

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (65 posts)
  1. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

I am fuming and have reported to the site in question http://www.bukisa.com/articles/138862_h … n-progress this is the link to the thief he has stolen my work word for word is this common as it's the first time I have noticed it. What do I do?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Report them to Bukisa...they will definitely do something about it. Lol, I see you have already reported them smile

Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I sent a really snotty email. I was so annoyed at the lazy bleep and I sent him a message and I posted a public comment on the google page. A woman scorned and suffering the holiday blues is not a good combination.

1. Lady_E profile image72
          Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome back Helen.

The cheeky guy copied the photo too. I wanted to leave a comment saying the article was copied from hubpages but one can't comment without signing up.  Hopefully, it should be taken down. ((Tut tut)).

2. relache profile image72
          relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd suggest you actually learn how to send formal notices of infringement as described in the DMCA guidelines.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Fine-Tuning-You … od_4175492

Thanks relache but nothing has shown up on mine.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
              Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Helen

Relache didn't give you the link to explain about the copyright symbol.  She gave you the link because

WEBSITES WILL NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT PLAGIARIZED HUBS UNLESS YOU SEND THEM A FORMAL DMCA NOTICE.

There is no point in you all sending emails or leaving nasty comments.

2. rebekahELLE profile image83
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just checked out the site and wrote down a few of the titles and entered them into the hubpages. search site, and they are from this site~~~ what a jerk.

it needs to be reported to admin.

it's good your started the thread, as others are affected also.
      someone made a good point here, to keep some things private.

good luck and hope all will calm down for you.

3. Envoy profile image66
      Envoyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ughh omg!
      I am so sorry I hope they can make the person take it down grrr. sad

We are still waiting. The person has stolen 20 hubs mainly from hubpages. I have reported to the site in question and just reported to adsense so hopefully it will be gone soon.

2. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

Sad. I hope they'll take it down. This person even left your link in the article.

How was your Spanish holiday?

It was fantastic thanks. I didn't notice the link was there. Does this happen a lot as I have reported it to the site in question and he doesn't seem to have had many hits. Some people are so lazy.

3. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

Helen - how did you know about this? Google alerts?

No I came home and checked where i was in the google search engine .It's not just me he has pinched from other hubbers. Take a look the black stocking article is from a very good hubber I am sure she does not know. Should someone tell her or will hubpages check this out. There could be more.

1. profile image0
        Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you should tell her.

4. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

Yes, the bad news is this pilfering happens pretty frequently. I have google alerts set up for some articles I write. I have never used them for hubs though - maybe I should.

How do you set that up is there a hub on it as I havn't even checked the rest out. I am too scared.

5. Helen Cater profile image60

Yes and all the others they are all copied from hubbers I think. I tried to I was so angry he is probably an illiterate pig who can't read or write.

6. Helen Cater profile image60

http://www.bukisa.com/articles/138855_c … -stockings This is the other hub he has copied. I have left her a comment as I cannot see an email link. If anyone has her email please could you let her know this way too.

7. Beth100 profile image67
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

I just checked the writer out -- there are other hub articles that have been copied word for word.  I suggest you check for yourself.  I've contacted one of the other hubbers regarding this. 

Thanks Helen for bringing this up!

8. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I just checked myself, it seems like all of her/his stuff is copied from around the web...

9. Helen Cater profile image60

http://hubpages.com/hub/Complete-Guide- … -Stockings the hubbers link is here for those that know her. Thanks Beth I am still trying to look maybe the others are from other sites.

10. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I guess they don't check out the work too much at Bukisa. Too bad, I joined not long ago and just put up one of my own works that was published elsewhere. I thought they would question me that it was published already, I guess not.

Some of her articles are copied without any spaces or paragraphs, etc. What exactly does "editorial" do at that site?

11. Helen Cater profile image60

Well I shall not be joining there and anyway doesn't it harm your google rankings having duplicate content?

12. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I started posting stuff from Triond that hasn't done much in a couple of years. I definitely will not be posting too many duplicate articles. Actually, I think I am stopping after one smile

13. Helen Cater profile image60

I posted 3 articles on there then gave up. I couldn't cope with the 24 cent earnings. I mean the trouble it gave me deciding how I would spend it. A car, speed boat or a packet of gum. Me and Triond are no longer friends besides I have done so well on adsense I don't even bother with Amazon as I am not sure it helps much.

14. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Wanted to check, but the site seems down now!

15. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Sad to say, but I suspect the thief was someone from HP. Didn't you write a thread a few days ago telling the world that that hub was doing spectacularly well?

Live and learn! smile

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately I agree with this. I would never disclose my highest earning hubs..... although I would suspect that any talented (but corrupt) hubber would rewrite a similar article and identify your keywords, rather than just copy and paste.

But, there are 88000 registered users on hubpages, and unfortunately 20000 of them are probably wankers....

So Helen, playing your cards close to your chest is the way forward wink

Dont worry, its happened to me before, not on hubpages yet.... but it has happened.

This may help you:-
      http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Deal-With-Plagiarism

2. Helen Cater profile image60

no not this one this is one of my worst but it is still mine and he copied it 3 days after i wrote it.

16. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

I wouldnt worry about the why..you can always head over to "hot hubs" to see what topics are bringing in traffic..takes 20 more sec to see ifs for high paying keywords

It happens a lot, Youve arrived! Congrats

Now go for the jugular..that site is always profiting from stolen work ...if you contact them, tell them you have already made a complaint with adsense

and then really do it
    https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … nswer=9894

1. profile image0

Sorry to disagree with you again sunforged, but my two highest earning hubs get about 4 page views a day.

I have a hub which gets circa 200 page views a day that hasn't even made me a dollar, I have another getting circa 100 day that has made me just over a dollar.

Although yes, you would know why immediately.... they are 4p cpc keywords. But you certainly wouldn't find my highest earning hub in 'hot hubs'. You would need to run the keyword tool on 88 hubs to have any chance at all of guessing it.

Even then...... my highest earning hub has probably the 20th or 30th highest cpc out of all of my hubs. The keywords are actually pretty modest, but the CTR is astonishing, so I stick by what I said..... you should play your cards close to your chest. Nobody would be able to guess a 60% CTR when writing a hub, these things are flukes.

1. lrohner profile image69
        lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree completely with you Ryan. There's traffic, and then there's earnings. Totally different things. My highest traffic hub brings me almost squat in earnings.

17. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Bukisa seems to attract a lot of plagiarists - Flixya is another one that's full of copied Hubs on a regular basis.

Helen, you do know that you have to submit a DMCA notice, not just a snotty email?  The following instructions tell you how to submit a notice TO HubPages, but you can use the same format to send to anyone:

http://hubpages.com/help/copyright_infringement

Also, never leave nasty comments on the offending article.  You may attract a backlash - one Hubber lost her Adsense account after someone went on a revenge attack.

18. sunforged profile image69

good example of the dupe content myth, for the title term Helen is first, the plagiariz(s)ed content is 5th..still first page

1. profile image0

I doubt that there are many articles with that precise title though, its not a keyword phrase...

19. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

How do you set up something like the warning so you know if someone has stolen your articles? I would love to set that up for my hubs.

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's built into the system here already.  You don't have to do anything.  If a red copyright symbol appears on your dashboard, someone's taken your text elsewhere.  And viewing the hub will show you where.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh cool thanks relache. I did not know that. Great to know though. thanks again!

20. charanjeet kaur profile image60
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

Oh so sad to hear this happen to you, have been there and ya it does happen. My two hubs had been copied to a blog. But an immediate comment to site and he had removed the content.

The page still exists i hope that bukisa takes fast action.

I hope so to and I don't see any flags anywhere as realache said. Do you know where I sould be looking out for this.

21. profile image0
    Useful Knowledgeposted 14 years ago

My Farmtown Hub has been copied and pasted word for word at this same site. Buskia.com

I have contacted them via email and am awaiting a response.

Yes I have now sent two emails to them but had nothing back perhaps this is the way they work. If nothing is done by tommorrow I am reporting it to adsense. I would have done it sooner but I'm not too sure how to go about it.

1. profile image0
        Useful Knowledgeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I went ahead and reported it. I am searching all of my hubs now. I have found 2 of them stolen in the past hour.

22. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

OMG! I hope you sort it out soon Helen, these people GRRRRRR!

23. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

How are you searching them, just Google the articles?

1. profile image0
      Useful Knowledgeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes. Google search and Yahoo search. The 2 that I have found this morning were on the first page of Google.

2. Helen Cater profile image60

yes me to I don't know where to look for the flag people talk about and i could have more stolen I am going to have a good look on goole now. Time consuming but worth it.

24. profile image0

oooo I better make sure no one is stealing my hubs too. I better start googling my hubs

25. pageantgirl31413 profile image76
    pageantgirl31413posted 14 years ago

I sent an email as well. Maybe if we keep sending emails, they will actually do something about it. I hope this gets fixed. I hope none of mine have been taken. Looks like I'll be doing some searching.

26. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 14 years ago

The Bukisa DMCA instructions are here.  Apparently, they do not accept notifications by email, which makes it a bit of a pain.

http://www.bukisa.com/info/tos#dmca

If it's easier for you, you could also file a notification with AdSense.

http://www.google.com/adsense_dmca.html

As others have mentioned, filing a DMCA complaint is the surest  way to have something removed.

27. profile image0

I sent feedback to them too lol maybe if we keep doing something like that they'll start paying attention.

28. Helen Cater profile image60

Do you mean the complaint to adsense. I did that already as I said earlier. Waiting for response but no harm in bombarding them anyway.

No.  When you see plagiarized content on a website, you have to notify them in a special way if you want it removed.  Just "bombarding them" or leaving comments is a waste of time.

You need to notify them using a DMCA notice.  Paul has given you a link to their instructions for that.

Yes as I said I looked at all the links and have reported everyway I can including sending the site an email and the person involved. Are we misunderstanding each other as I stated earlier I have used the DMCA.

Sorry Helen, I can see lots of references to sending emails but I didn't see anywhere where you said you'd used the DMCA format.  Also if you read Paul's post again, you'll see that Bukisa only accepts DMCA notices by fax or snail mail, so emailing them the notice won't work.

29. Helen Cater profile image60

One good thing is the idiot kept my links in so I am getting a little trafic to my other hubs. Tee hee

30. Helen Cater profile image60

Yes I see.I was getting confused and posted it in another forum post. A few more have started thread because their work to has been kidnapped.

31. sunforged profile image69

skip right to the adsense complaint form already posted in the thread...forward a copy to bukisa, they create a system that encourages plagiarizing, there is no reason to jump through their hoops

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are right about Bukisa, think I'll be quitting that site. I was worried when they allow you to post "your own" previously published articles but they don't check it out to see if it is actually yours.

Faxing a complaint to AdSense is easy and they will deal with it quickly.

32. Helen Cater profile image60

Thanks guys I had a confirmation email from google but now it is waiting in the in tray to be looked at. Oh well in the mean time I will hope to get some traffic from there but he only had 6 views so I think it has gone dark for him already.

33. Ms Chievous profile image65
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

sorry to hear that someone "pinched your work Helen.  Hopefully you will get it resolved...  I found one of those copyright marks next to one of my hubs.  It seems someone copy and pasted a part of my hub for a Yahoo answer. go figure

34. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Good Luck on this Helen.

I guess we can all learn that when we go away... we should lock our doors... Hell they could have taken your groceries too! hmm

1. Eaglekiwi profile image72
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

or worse ,ya beer

35. Helen Cater profile image60

Ha ha!!!! You are all very funny. Now if they would have taken my Jimmy Choos it would have been all out war.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)