Truth

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (169 posts)
  1. william.m. profile image61
    william.m.posted 14 years ago

He said unto them ,"But whom say ye that I am?" And Simon Peter answered and said, "Thou art the Christ , the Son of the living God." Here at length is light and truth, here is confidence and assurance; here is rest, " Thou art the Christ ." "We believe ,and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God "  Thus faith receives the Christ, the Son of man, as the Son of the living God.

1. atomswifey profile image56
      atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

amen and amen! smile

2. ionerice profile image60
      ionericeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This verse found at Matthew 16:15-17 is an event not recorded in any of the other three Gospels simply because it never happened.  The Catholic Scribes inserted this verse at this point in Matthew to create an authority of Peter being the 1st Pope of the Catholic Church.  It’s an interpolation not found in the earliest copies of the Gospel of Matthew which was the second Gospel written.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Edited by God, in other words.

2. Make  Money profile image66
        Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aw darn, you wrecked it on me. smile I was going to say this is why Jesus gave Peter the keys of the kingdom of heaven and why Peter has been known as the first Pope for just about 2,000 years.  I'm glad you said just one verse was inserted cause the verses that come after it contradict what you say.

Matthew 16:16-19 "Simon Peter answered and said: Thou art Christ, the Son of the living God. 17 And Jesus answering, said to him: Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona: because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father who is in heaven. 18 And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven."

3. nikki1 profile image61
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Halelujah.. amen to that.

Jeremiah 29:11(N.I.V)
      "For I know the plans I have for you" Declares the Lord" "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

hugs to all :-)

4. profile image52
      Robert E. Bargerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is truth? Thy word is truth John 17:17
      And the Word was made flesh and we beheld Him, the only begotten of the Father. John 1:1
      And there are three that bear record "in Heaven", the Father, the Word, anf the Holy Ghost, and these three are one!1 John 5:7 Authorized King James Bible

5. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen, as in Romans; We walk from Faith unto Faith.

Jon

2. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

No argument here!

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would have one! But I would be too repetitive big_smile

3. profile image0
    Ken R. Abellposted 14 years ago

In our postmodern, relativistic age, believers in Jesus Christ are often said to embrace an exclusive faith.

Fact is, any & every truth claim has exclusive qualities to it.  However, when we check out the evidence, Christianity is entirely inclusive. 

Yes, it was Jesus who said: "I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me."  If skeptics have a problem with that statement, their problem is with Jesus, not those who follow Jesus.

Another fact - Jesus said: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in shall not perish but have eternal life." 

Whoever believes - that is extremely inclusive.  And Peter, wrote that God was not willing that any should perish.  He is always casting his love & grace to draw people to himself.

woohoo!!!
      love this!!

2. Precious Pearl profile image77
      Precious Pearlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen! smile

1. profile image0
        thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen! Praise Jesus!

3. cluense profile image71
      cluenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awesome reply and the God's Honest Truth!

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Nah, lie.

Ramen smile

5. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

The truth is (   in my opinion   )  Is that there is a creator !!  I believe that he appeared to Abraham and the name that Abraham gave to the " I AM that I AM " is God. 

I also believe that the old testament prophesies have been
    98 % fulfilled.

I am quite sure that THE  CHURCH  that the Roman Empire built did in fact adulterate the scripture that the majority of good hearted Christians are betting their eternal souls upon.

The beast that John saw rising up out of the sea, had the intention of eclipsing Gods relationship with the individual.

Jesus died upon the cross that we can have a relationship with God. And then something got in the way.

But this also is part of Gods Plan.
       I caint figure his plan out and neither can anyone else.
       This is why we aint GOD.

I am positive that INTERPRETATION , INTerpretation, Interpretation is the flood of waters that is seen coming out of the mouth of Satan as mentioned in Rev. 12

Am I wrong in thinking that John fasted a long time before seeing his "revelations?"  History relates other instances of religious adherents using fasting as well as hallucinatory substances to obtain their "visions."  Why did he have to fast to make his prophecies?

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Also the dragon cast out of his mouth a flood of waters (LIES and INTERPRETATIONS) that the earth swallowed up happened after the woman (That Hebrew nation) was scattered through out the Roman Empire( the wilderness)  138 AD

2. underhiswings profile image61
        underhiswingsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Am I wrong in thinking....."
        Yes, you are also mocking.

If he were fasting he'd have said so as he said what he was doing prior to the revelation given.

Hallucinogens are considered sorcery and John had no part with such.

Yeah, like you were there.

2. broussardleslie profile image76
      broussardleslieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You should post this in the "Is Obama the Anti-Christ?" forum wink

I did post something similar
           That  .. if... the little horn of the fourth beast that is seen rising up out of the sea in Daniel chapter 7 is the same as their Antichrist Then I know his name.  then my electricity was knocked out.

6 hrs later I identified the little horn as The 14 emperor or The Roman Empire;  Hadrian.
            by that time it had been passed over
        OH WELL

1. broussardleslie profile image76

I stand corrected. I remember that now.  I guess your post in this forum was more clear in its message (for my brain anyway).
          Maybe I'm misunderstanding your message...When you wrote:
          "I am positive that INTERPRETATION , INTerpretation, Interpretation is the flood of waters that is seen coming out of the mouth of Satan"
          I take that to mean that those who believe the Bible to be the infallible word of God are wrong and the Bible should be thrown out.  Though I find this interpretation of the flood of waters quite plausible, I do not agree. I think that those who want to know God should read the Bible. Even if only 1 percent of the Bible is fact, those facts provide a more real picture of God and Christ than my imagination...
          However, if you were only saying that misinterpretation is probably that "something" that got in the way of our relationship with God, then well, I'd have to agree, unfortunately. So many, so often misinterpret.  Even me, sometimes.
          Anyway, if I am wrong in my understanding of your message, please correct me.

3. marinealways24 profile image59
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you a prophet?

If I said yes would you follow me?

1. marinealways24 profile image59

Maybe if I had the bible pounded into my head over and over since birth or if I had a follower mind.

Follow you where?

4. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I found your post intriguing.

So, you admit that your life isn't your own?

You said, you can not figure out GOD's plan?

As for interpretation.....that's precisely why you believe in GOD? isn't it. You believe Jesus Christ died for our collective sins? You beleive that Jesus Christ was teaching religion to his apostles?

I don't think so. He was teaching consciousness. He was teaching his apostle how to live on their own, through love and mercy of humankind, not to believe in a God.

Discussion on this topic is usually very controversial and many get angry. Either way, I welcome the debate.

6. Jerami profile image59

The truth hurts  is why no one wants to talk about it ????

1. underhiswings profile image61

When you say "The truth is....." 
      no need to follow it with
      "in my opinion".

Just say the truth, because your opinion has nothing to do with the truth as the truth stands all by itself and we do not need to say "our opinion" as if we are afraid to just say it is the truth, no need to back peddle.

What?...you are not sure if it is the truth that there is a creator.

No place in scripture does any man of GOD say a truth and then call it his opinion, because the truth did not originate with them. smile

That's just your opinion!

7. Jerami profile image59

John was on the Isle of Patmos which I am sure that you know was a prison camp.  I do not know that he was fasting but I am sure that they were not feeding him extra well. 
        Jesus did tell him that he would tarry until he came again.

"Jesus did tell him that he would tarry until he came again."
      No He did not, look it up, He did not tell John that, He was not even speaking to John in the passage, He was speaking to Peter.
      Come back with a corrected statement please. smile

You heard him Jerami, don't make him bring in the scarecrow and tin man to give him more validity.  HA!

The teeth of a lion is correct on this one. Jesus told Peter that John will tarry until Jesus comes again.

There it is the lion agrees with me that Jesus said that he will return while John was still alive.

Key statement!

in answer to another question, No I'm not joking.  Genesis 3:11  God said "who told thee that thou was naked"
            Had Adam ever heard that word before or what it meat. 

It seems that the lion thinks that it is wrong for you to think.
              that Sounds like a congregation leader to me.

He hasn't answered my question concerning resolving the issue that Jesus said that he was coming again while John was still alive?

2. Jerami profile image59

You are quite correct. In this verse Jesus did tell Peter that John would tarry until Jesus comes again. I am glad that you agree with me on that issue. Jesus said that John would tarry until Jesus comes again;

How do we reconcile this last statement with a the belief that Jesus has not come again "YET"  Is John still tarrying?

I have actually been to the Isle of Patmos in the Mediterranean and though John, the so-called the disciple of Yeshua, is accredited with writing the nightmare known as Revelation no one really knows who this individual that calls himself John was.  They do know that he was well educated in Greek in which the texts of the book was written; however,  Yeshua’s John spoke Hebrew and Aramaic making it an impossibility of his authorship of the book.

The lion won't like this!  It doesn't mesh with his roaring.

I've been on here a couple of times today.  been catching up on a gotta doos around the house and power has been cutting on and off.

Didn't see all the fun I missed after I went to bed last night.

I was rude by accident.   I apologise. Now let me read this again  back in a minute

John spoke Hebrew and Aramaic and Greek.

thats right he did
          and its only a nightmare for some. for others its revealing our future in an age where we will see our Messiah and be joined with him forever in paradise smile

1. mohitmisra profile image61
            mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Every human comes from and goes back to god, home, paradise. smile

8. Jerami profile image59

Also    If the devil has decieved you.... would you know that he has done it ????

This was already decided by god.  The number of people going to hell is preordained.  Any decisions are known beforehand.  We are a re-run!

why does every one make up all them rules about somebody else is goin to hell?

God asked Adam  Who told you that you are naked. Who invented that word and told you that you were it?

This has got to be a joke Jerami.
          "God asked Adam  Who told you that you are naked. Who invented that word and told you that you were it?"

2. profile image57
        james hoyerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have in the last few minutes read just about every quote from the bible, when all that was needed to say I BELEAVE.

9. Jerami profile image59

Also concerning the verbal spanking that I missed concerning I said I believe  something to be true....   If I had the utmost authority I would feel better about saying  "THIS  IS  THE  TRUTH  CAUS I SAID SO"   Until then I will express what I  BELIEVE  to be the truth for after all if the dragon has fooled me would I know.
      Ya just don't know what ya don't know !  Ya Know ??

Learn to speak with the Authority of GOD or do NOT speak about HIM.
      That is what the scriptures teach. If you do not know enough to say that there is a Creator, and not just say it is your opinion, then cease!!!

It sounds pathetic and weak to talk about GOD and NOT have Authority.
      Or did Jesus NOT give you any authority?

lol lol And what authority do you have ?! Don't make me laugh ! lol

10. underhiswings profile image61
    underhiswingsposted 14 years ago

Jhn 21:20       Peter turned around and saw the disciple Jesus loved following them-the one who had leaned over to Jesus during supper and asked, "Lord, who among us will betray you?"
    Jhn 21:21       Peter asked Jesus, "What about him, Lord?"
    Jhn 21:22       Jesus replied, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You follow me."
    Jhn 21:23       So the rumor spread among the community of believers that that disciple wouldn't die. But that isn't what Jesus said at all. He only said, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?"
    Jhn 21:24       This is that disciple who saw these events and recorded them here. And we all know that his account of these things is accurate.
    Jhn 21:25       And I suppose that if all the other things Jesus did were written down, the whole world could not contain the books.

Like it says and like I said.....just a rumor...not a fact!!! Jerami smile
    You keep saying that He said he would not die before the return...still waiting for your correction Jerami.
    Obviously you do not know what the word "if" means...like a former President did not know what "is" meant.
    He was from your area too. lol

Still waiting for you to admit that Jesus never said John would not die.
      And my other replies went unanswered too.

2. Jerami profile image59

We must remember that some things do get lost in translation.
      The word IF is translated.

And even if; "IF" is the correct translation why would Jesus say anything like that if he did not mean exactly what he said. If you phrased a similar comment to one of your children or best friends, why would you make such a misleading comment as this.
          The people that heard Jesus say that, thought that Jesus said that John would not die at all because they thought that upon his coming that it was all over.Jesus did not say that John would not die. Jesus said that John would live until after his coming again.

As I said, Why would Jesus make such of a misleading comment as that if he was not going to see it fulfilled that way?

IF...was said by Jesus so as to say
        "I could do that if I wanted to, just mind your own business Peter"

Can't you see that a rumor was started and dispelled by John?

You are not a prophet.

Only a fool speaks for another man.

You are not a prophet. No matter how much you try to believe.

You do not even know what one is based on the definition you gave in another thread.
                And again, who are you to answer for me?
                Did the Marines teach you to speak for others?

Prove your prophethood.

How are you a prophet? What is your message?

Not your puppet, not any mans puppet,
                    you do not just "put a quarter in" and get a message.

I do not answer to you. Nothing to prove.

You do not know what one is because I have seen your definition and you are very presumptuous to think you can demand one tell you what you want to hear.

Did you learn this from The Marines?
                    Again, who are you to answer for another man?
                    Where did you learn this? In basic?

11. underhiswings profile image61

Adam and Eve "knew" they where naked...the word means to discern Jerami, to KNOW...they learned it Jerami....learned it.
    Don't you read Hebrew?

Gen 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

י ד ע
    yä·dah'

1) to know

a) (Qal)

1) to know

a) to know, learn to know

b) to perceive

c) to perceive and see, find out and discern

d) to discriminate, distinguish

e) to know by experience

f) to recognise, admit, acknowledge, confess

g) to consider

2) to know, be acquainted with

3) to know (a person carnally)

4) to know how, be skilful in

5) to have knowledge, be wise

b) (Niphal)

1) to be made known, be or become known, be revealed

2) to make oneself known

3) to be perceived

4) to be instructed

c) (Piel) to cause to know

d) (Poal) to cause to know

e) (Pual)

1) to be known

2) known, one known, acquaintance (participle)

f) (Hiphil) to make known, declare

g) (Hophal) to be made known

h) (Hithpael) to make oneself known, reveal oneself

12. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

@ underwishings
    Appart from all this babble,do you have your eyes open ? I think not. You only quote, making your belief more ilogical ,if that's possible

And of course you don't have the truth ! How arrogant lol

13. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Book of the Dead - Plate III

Thoth, the righteous judge of the great company of the gods who are in the presence of the god Osiris, saith: "Hear ye this judgment. The heart of Osiris hath in very truth been weighed, and his soul hath stood as a witness for him; it hath been found true by trial in the Great Balance. There hath not been found any wickedness in him; he hath not wasted the offerings in the temples; he hath not done harm by his deeds; and he uttered no evil reports while he was upon earth."

Book of the Dead - Plate IV

Saith Horus, the son of Isis: "I have come unto thee, O Unnefer, and I have brought the Osiris Ani unto thee. His heart is [found] righteous coming forth from the balance, and it hath not sinned against god or goddess. Thoth hath weighed it according to the decree uttered unto him by the company {p. 261} of the gods; and it is very true and righteous. Grant him cakes and ale; and let him enter into the presence of Osiris; and may he be like unto the followers of Horus for ever."

From a religion that predates Christianity by several thousand years ...

14. underhiswings profile image61

@ Jerami:

I gave you answers so you would know the truth.

15. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

underhiswings wrote.

"Obviously you do not know what the word "if" means...like a former President did not know what "is" meant.
    He was from your area too. lol"

Another smarty bottom put down to someone you don't know, comparing him to someone else you don't know! smile

Do you think people are blind to your sick psychology?

16. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Interesting ... I cite from the Egyptian Book of the Dead and it's ignored. I wonder ... why do versus from the Bible count, but nothing that predates it? The message is the same ... is it wrong when it's spoken of a different mouth?

17. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Well, one less megalo to deal with! smile

Thank God!

18. Drifter0658 profile image59
    Drifter0658posted 14 years ago

It always amazes me how a conversation about the belief that takes its name from one of the greatest teachers of love, will generally erode into a verbal barrage, fistfight, or war.

Thats what happens when some believe they are favored over others.

If GOD shows favor to someone, who are you to question it?

A free thinker. Not a robot trapped in belief. I question everything. You believe what you read.

1. earnestshub profile image80
            earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And that reading is selective. smile

Yes it is. I don't know how I forgot to add selective reading. Thank You

You seem to be bent in telling others what they believe.
            You assume to much.
            Sure am glad I was not in a fox-hole with you.

Your limited follower belief is written in a book. I have already read your belief. lol

This is the part where you tell me that I go to hell for not believing. lol

Predictable.

Just more telling another what they will say and hope the play into it.

Is it not true? It's in the bible. I will go to hell for not believing. You don't think so?

2. broussardleslie profile image76

Amen!

It is so unfortunate for me, as a believer in the saving grace of Jesus Christ, to see the way that other believers speak to people.  It is deplorable, disgusting and disrespectful to taunt others (ESPECIALLY a marine).

Why can't there be respectful conversation/dialogue/discussion and even debate about the merits of Christianity without it resorting to name-calling, tongue out, thumbs in ears, na-na-na-na-boo-boo?!!

I'm not saying the non-believers are innocent, I am just wondering how the believers think they are winning hearts for the glory of Christ?!

1. Sybil Marie profile image59
        Sybil Marieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm right there with you Leslie! big_smile

19. Sybil Marie profile image59
    Sybil Marieposted 14 years ago

Okay hi all, All this theology debate has made me remember why I have such a hard time with denominations.I used tolove to debates scripture and interpertations, the thing is different denomonations interpretthings differently and each one KNOWS they are right.
    I'm a searcher and always will be one thing I know God said was talk together and reason things out ( not great a quoting so If I'mmiss quoting I'm sure someone willlet me know smile .
    I do Know I believe there is a god. The only time he spoke in the bible about himself or said who he was on the Mountian.
    When Moses asked  God said "Tell them The I Am has sent you"
    I believe in the I am The creator. I know I believe because of what he has done in my life personally.That Is Truth to me.

1. broussardleslie profile image76

Beautiful, Sybil Marie!

20. Jerami profile image59

Great explanation;  Hold fast.

21. Jerami profile image59

A prophet does not need to know the bible!
        A prophet doesn't even have to be very smart.
        I think that it would actually be best if he wasn't smart at all. All that a Prophet does is to deliver a simple message for God. A prophet is not sent to quote scripture. That message has already been delivered.

A paraphrase ...  Imagine the disciples were scurrying around trying to deliver Jesus's teachings and warnings concerning a storm that is coming. be prepared before it is too late. The storm that they were talking about has already come and gone. Then RELIGIOSITY took their letters that they wrote and re-addressed them to you and me, almost 2000 years in the future.
        The letters are true!!!  But not written to you and me.   
      They DO have applications that we should live by but they weren't written to us.
        If you want to follow me, this is where I am going.

It's all just something to keep your mind busy. I think it worked.

22. Jerami profile image59

The beast that John saw rise up out of the sea with seven heads was religiosity in the name of the Roman Empires Church.

How many "beast's" have you seen with 7 heads in the ocean? People say they see a lot of things.

End time prophesy
        Rev. 13:1 & 2  John saw a beast with 7 heads and 10 horns and 10 crowns. Body of a leopard, feet of a bear and mouth of a lion.  I, in my heart know that this describes the church that Constantine built. RILIGIOUSITY, The Roman Empires church!

You buy into all of this?

23. Jerami profile image59

If ya read the whole thing and shake all of the interpretations out of it; it does make sence!

It makes sense to control your mind and body. Thats about all it makes sense at to me.

Unlimited belief is not belief.  A belief that is unlimited can not be consistent for consistency would be a limit.
        Requiring any degree of non chaotic behavior is a limitation.

Therefor what you say that you have or are striving for is impossible. You are not being honest with your self.

A belief that is unlimited ???  Good luck my friend.

Who said anything about belief having to be consistent? Not I.

lol impossible, how bout a belief with faith? Your faith is confined within a book.

Why do you think that everyones faith is in a book.
            You have no idea what I draw  my faith from.

Marine always = Individuality to the core
                  A contradiction I think
              You seem to be suffering from inner conflict.
              Hunting and slaying Prophets is not going to help.
              Especially when you wear yourself out and find none.

Just because you do not see the mountain lion does not mean that he does not see you.  May you find your individual pease

You follow the bible, am I wrong?

A contradiction? What other individual do you see on here slaying prophets? lol

Not wearing myself out, I find it entertaining talking with followers trapped so deep in their idealogy of belief that they think they are favored divine prophets. Pretty interesting to me.

24. Jerami profile image59

You still have no clue as to where I draw my faith from.
    I study the bible yes. Do I worship it? NO   The new testament was assembled by the Church that the Roman Empire built.
    For 1000 years their interpretations was all that they taught to the masses. And for the next 650 years individualism in scripture produced countless interpretations of the book.
    I agree with you on one point, every denomination of Church requires that their members follow THEIR CHURCH  blindly.

I believe that the Church that the Roman Empire built had the intentions of becoming bigger and more powerful that God Almighty. Big enough to eclipse GOD so that the people could no longer SEE god. To become more powerful than any other kingdom on the earth.

I believe that this Church that the Roman Empire built is the beast that John saw rising up out of the sea(Rev. 13)

As I said before the bible does make sense after ya shake all of the INTERPRETATION out of it.

You will believe anything in search of something to believe.

25. Jerami profile image59

That is an expected one liner. I will leave you now with your unlimited faith and endless condescending nature.
          Good night and good luck with your Prophet hunt.

It's kinda like one of your interpreted bible quotes. It has deep meaning when you decide to learn how your mind follows.

26. underhiswings profile image61

@ Marine

You insist on saying that one has "limited belief"

Wisdom, knowledge, understanding and revelation have no limit.

Just to name a few.

Wrong.

All of those kept you from seeing the true purpose of the bible and religion which is governement control.

You were so busy learning from a book rather than life experience that you missed the entire purpose of the book.

The true meaning is always outside the book. Never inside. This applies with almost anything.

Wrong?
        So Wisdom, knowledge, understanding and revelation have limits?
        Or are you saying they are not a good thing?

You again are speaking for me when you say things like
        "All of those kept you from seeing"
        "You were so busy learning from a book rather than life experience"

You make to many assumptions about me and yet you do not know what I think and you ASSUME way to much about others too.

You assume I am only a follower and not a leader as well?
        I can do either one, it depends on the situation, so get off of your assuming will you?

I know all to well about "religion" and "government" control.....and I am part of neither....stop assuming for me will you?

How assuming is it when I have read the book that defines your belief?

You claim so but yet fail to have read anything about the freedom we have through Christ.
            Those bound by sin have no real freedom just an illusion of it.

Your belief is the illusion to make you think your not an animal.

Your belief is the illusion to make you think you are really free

Your belief is the illusion to make you think you are an individual. lol

And favored for your belief.

God is no respecter of anyone. He loves all so there is no "favored" in of or because of our beliefs

27. profile image0
    Bob Vince Jrposted 14 years ago

Truth, Jesus was fortold,he lived, he taught, he died, he rose again,and will return at the appointed hour that only God knows.

All truth starts and ends with one word LOVE.

The love espoused in the bible is not love, it is conditional love.
      "You can be loved if you believe this" is not love. smile

So if someone comes into your home and murders your family do you love them?

What has that got to do with it? lol

You mentioned conditions.

What would be a more enlightened life, living in hate of those that murdered your family or eventually forgiving them so you can live your life?

2. marinealways24 profile image59

Great comment.

Conditions and favoritism. Very divine. lol

A human mind can learn unconditional love, but a divine being cannot? lol

You think we haven't heard that before? The limited follower mind is very repetitive.

1. profile image0
        Bob Vince Jrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus taught neighborly love to all people. People miss the  point in Jesus' message.If you treat everyone as a neighbor and not by their religion,sex,profession,color,etc. There would be less conflict, there will never be one religion or one point of view, but if we respect our neighbors we can agree to disagree and still live as neighbors.

People tend to miss the major message when it comes to Jesus, He didn't come here to develop a new religion His purpose is to teach us God's love for us. He wishes a change in our HEART toward those around us, he dosen't care if your Christian, Muslim, Buddhist,or any other religion. He just offers a new way to look at each other whether or not your accept Him as Savior or not is your personal decision. He just offfers a new ouylook to our life here.

28. Jerami profile image59

@  underhiswings  (or anyone) Honest question ! Thought you might know so I woke up to ask ya.  Besides King David and Saul, being anointed by Samuel as directed by GOD, did anyone else receive Gods anointing?  Honest Question  Will appreciate an answer  Thanks.

Aaron, Jesus and any of the prophets and Kings as it was a requirement to even be one, not always recorded as it was commonplace.

Mashiach = means to be rubbed with oil or have it poured on you.

The reason that I was asking is because in the book of ZECHARIAH 4:14...  "These are THE two anointed ones".
        The way this is worded I thought that there may be some significance.   I am aware that the priests anointed many, but was unaware of any two special ones that were GOD's two anointed ones. Sometimes when I investigate crazy things like this I find something   "SPECIAL"

29. Jerami profile image59

GOOD NIGHT

30. Jerami profile image59

Have you ever argued with your 6 year old child ?
      listen to yourselves and you will know what it will sound lke

31. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image58
    LEFT HAND OF GODposted 14 years ago

Best to just let the Marine be.

Smart comment prophet. Exposing the biblical mind is getting boring.

32. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image58

Best to just let the Marine be.

33. Jerami profile image59

Will the bub pages let me have 100 diffrent avitars so that I can get my point across.  99 of um will know when to shudup and let me do my thang.  Whaddya think can it work ????

What is your point to get across?

My point is that I don't know who I am talking to.  I think that you are right that there is a conspiracy and you are it.
          I think that you and the other ?????  personalities that you are ; You are creating followers. Invinting some of um.
           You are creating what you say that you are against.
           I think that you need to make up your mind and stick with it. If I was you I'd go for the light when tha time comes!

lol

Brilliant prophecy. Wouldn't it be easier to just blame it all on the devil? lol

34. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image58

Each of us has had quite enough of the Marine and should stand down.

I agree smile

Follow the prophet. You guys are good at that.

Do you speak for everyone prophet? Are you the favored leader of God?

35. Jerami profile image59

I caint tell ya who to blame it on. The truth is;.. self

The truth is you worship a government created God. lol But my truth is not absolute as yours is.

you have no truth about God
        and as far as this government made one you have invented, what government?

lol The one created from religion.

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So you're willing to admit that you worship a false GOD? Because, religion is a business and nothing more.

So, I guess, it's alright for you to go against your learned teachings and worship a false God.

What gets me the most......is the pure and simple fact- all religious text tells people not worship a false GOD? Yet, people do it every day of the week....worship a non-existent GOD, a false idol.

Boy are people messed up? Hmmm.....cannot see the truth that lies beyond the lies.

Their ignorance/faith is bliss. They should have written that one down when they read it.

36. Jerami profile image59

Tell me about your personal experences with God and then I may not think that you are spouting BS.  Tell me what God said to ya and I really might believe ya.

I have asked many questions that haven't been answered. Read my hubs if you want to know.

WELL ??

Well what?

37. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image58

Do you know that by continuing to answer you are partaking in the foolishness?

Simply tools of the devil right?

Predictable.

38. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image58

Seriously, to continue answering is rather foolish and a waste of your time.
    Let him goooooo........

Answer my questions prophet. Are you too foolish to answer them?

too many deaf ears

1 belief is not only deaf, but blind.

39. underhiswings profile image61

I am glad that is over !

Point Made! lol

40. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image58

So happy you are done.

Thank God, right?

41. underhiswings profile image61

Not really.

42. Jerami profile image59

There may be thousands of people trying to sell ya the tital(FAKE TITAL) to the broklyn bridge,Does not mean that it does not exist or that someone doesn't have title to it.

I did not know the Brooklyn Bridge was "brok"?
      Tital = Title and spell check comes free in Word bro. lol

No excuses had  nuther a duh moment

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)