What will the Obams's be Thankful for on Thanksgivings Day?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Snarky profile image59
    Snarkyposted 14 years ago

What do you think the Obamas will be thankful for on this Thanksgiving?  Some things I can think of....

Czars... Who have tons of power, yet answer to no-one.

Shout outs... To his friends, before soldiers.

Kobe beef, from Japan that can cost as much as $300 a pound ...  That he serves to his friends on your dime.

What can you think of that the Obamas can give thanks for?

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For pissing off all of the people who voted for George Bush, of course!

2. rhamson profile image70
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Too early to tell.  But I am sure you will get a lot of imput as to how that could look.

3. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sorry, but this post is completely offensive. He has a family and will be thankful for many things. PLease....

Snarkyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Get over yourself.  OFFENSIVE?  Are you OFFENDED?  Well I take offence to your being OFFENDED.
        That is yet another thing the Obamas can be thankful for...  All the people who are afraid to speak up because they may OFFEND someone.  Please.....

I was offended for eight years before Obama became president.  I was not afraid to speak out against Bush so you are not referring to me.  I can say this though, if he does a bad job I sure won't vote for him again like the Bush supporters did on his second election.  Unless of course, if Sarah Palin is in the mix.

2. rebekahELLE profile image86
          rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

listen, if you can say what you want, I'll say what I want.
          your post is offensive not to me but to a family. grow up.

Say what I want?  Well thank you.  I did not kow that you where the Obama Czar on what people could say.  Just in case you missed it, that was sarcasm.  As was the post you quoted.  I'll grow up when you get a clue.  Now that was just funny.  A joke.  Get it?  Just checking.  You didn't catch the sarcasm.
            Again with the offensive thing.  Who is to determine what offends who?  Just because a thing offends you, does not make it wrong.  Tastless?  Lacking class?  Maybe.  But I bet you watch the Simpsons, South Park, and Saturday Night Live.  You know what offends me?  Thin skinned people who have no sense of humor.  Know what else?  I get over it, because I don't care if your offended.  As a matter of fact, I am glad that you are.  Toughen you up a bit so that when you join the real world you will be a little bit better prepared.  And you will have good ol Snarky to thank for it.  You can be thankful for that.Your welcome.

1. blue dog profile image60
              blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

try you're. 

get it?

2. Friendlyword profile image61
              Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That was so good I almost gave you a pass. Now back up and anwswer the question most of you think you artfully dodge. Why did'nt you get that stupid look on your face, and started ranting and raving about the state of this nation...six, seven, eight years ago? Were you GROWING UP? GETTING A LIFE? Or is it you see the real truth the rest of us dont see. The congress and senate the worked with George Bush never vetoed a spending Bill.  NOT ONE...What will be justification for that. I would be THANKFUL for an honest answer.  Do you have one in you?

4. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They can give thanks for their marriage, their beautiful girls, a puppy & a big house to live in for the next four years.

NO, NOT AN OBAMA supporter, just looking at things a bit differently. smile

5. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

probably the same thing we are all thankful for: our health, our loved ones, our freedom...

6. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What's your real agenda?

Close, but I think that it could have been worded better.  Like this... "The Obamas can be thankful that the media has never asked him, "What is your real agenda Mr. President?"  Yes, I am sure he is very thankful for that.

2. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

For people being so dumb

I am sure that is a daily 'thanks givin'

2. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HAHA! Maybe Michelle will be thankful that she can wear $500 sneakers to visit people at soup kitchens smile

3. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

How sad. America has a decent man as president, and this is the sort of support he has from you and others who push this rubbish about him.
    Why would anyone bother to enter American politics?

Define decent...  10% to 17% unemployment?  Take over of banks?  Take over of auto companies?  He is now working on taking over health care.  You think this is "decent?" 
      We Americans love our freedom and will call out anyone who attempts to take it away from us.  President included.

Rubbish is what we will have left it he gets his way.

So you blame Obama for the recession Bush denied was coming and did nothing about?  The wars he started are still ongoing and perhaps you feel it would be better if the companies he helped save would have went under causing even more unemployment.  Did you criticize the last administration for starting all this crap?

1. rhamson profile image70
          rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some can't help it.  Immediate gratification is hard to wean yourself off of if you aren't used to it.

2. Snarky profile image59

That's right, Obama has his scapegoat, Bush to give thanks for.
          That is two things Obama is good at, claiming that America sucks and blaming Bush.  'It is all the fault of President Bush.'  Obama takes no resposibility. 
          As for the bail out, much better ways could have been put forth that would have actually done some good for America.  Like the fair tax, or no taxes for 6 months.  Each would have done better than what Obama did.  Government control and higher unemployment.  But you do not see this.  That's OK.  It's a shame, but it's OK.

2. profile image0
      L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

MEOW

Nicely said.

4. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

I think that they'd be thankful that they don't have to pay the fuel bill for their new house. lol

5. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Flat tax is a great idea. Bailing out big institutions for bad decision-making, not so great.

6. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

His new dog.

7. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Great, just what we need.  Another 'conservative' on the forums who writes in simple predicate sentences and watches Glenn Beck before he predicates his brilliant opinions.

wink

(Snark.)

Predicate sentences?  Well, I have a Proposition (a sentence expressing something true or false) for you.  You do knot know the meaning of the word Predicate.  Or, at the very least, are misusing it.

Now, had you said, that I write in 'simple sentences' (a subject and predicate together) you would have been right.  KISS format.

I would also like to let you know that I thought your (Coming to Terms with Being a 'Bitch') post, was very good.  Deep.  Honest....  Snark. Snark.

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey snark, relax alittle ok?

2. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  I'll take the 'bitch' remark as a compliment...given the source. wink  And it wasn't a 'post.' It's a hub (an article).  The parentheses were not needed in the one sentence above, and sorry--but my usage of the term 'predicate,' was proper in both cases.  I just don't think you are used to seeing it used in such a way.  I'd imagine Glenn Beck fans don't read much--why would they?  It's easier not to have to assess a situation on your own and come up with an actual opinion, after all.

'Predicate' and 'Proposition' in your usage in the first paragraph also do not need to be capitalized.  You do indeed have comma splice problems.

Snark intent:  B-.  At least you do something adequately well.

Editing job done free of charge.  Have a nice day.

Tell it all sister, tell it all! snake....snake....snake

2. tksensei profile image61
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

.................... roll

1. Friendlyword profile image61
        Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Lita I just love em! Ha Ha

1. profile image0
          Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile  Me, too (lol, NOT). 

The only one of them good at debate here currently is Ledefensetech...but I shouldn't mix him in with the 'others.' lol

8. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

? I live in the real world, snarky?

fine line between sarcasm and whatever you call this thread.

9. Snarky profile image59

"That was so good I almost gave you a pass. Now back up and anwswer the question most of you think you artfully dodge. Why did'nt you get that stupid look on your face, and started ranting and raving about the state of this nation...six, seven, eight years ago? Were you GROWING UP? GETTING A LIFE? Or is it you see the real truth the rest of us dont see. The congress and senate the worked with George Bush never vetoed a spending Bill.  NOT ONE...What will be justification for that. I would be THANKFUL for an honest answer.  Do you have one in you?" Friendlyword

Honest answer?  Sure.  When Bush did not veto spending bills, I did get a particular look on my face, that look would be disgust.  Save the tax cuts, Bush spent too much.  Why he did it?  I do not know.  Maybe it was because for 6 of the 8 years he was in office, the democrats ran the house and senate, and he wanted to please them.  I do not know.  But when he did try to cut spending or correct problems, like social security, and  the housing crisis caused by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, both democrat run organizations, he was blocked and/or stopped from doing so by the dems.  Though I like President Bush and believe him to be a good guy, in my opinion, he did lean a bit too far to the left when it came to spending and social programs.

10. Snarky profile image59

"Thank you.  I'll take the 'bitch' remark as a compliment...given the source.   And it wasn't a 'post.' It's a hub (an article).  The parentheses were not needed in the one sentence above, and sorry--but my usage of the term 'predicate,' was proper in both cases.  I just don't think you are used to seeing it used in such a way.  I'd imagine Glenn Beck fans don't read much--why would they?  It's easier not to have to assess a situation on your own and come up with an actual opinion, after all.

'Predicate' and 'Proposition' in your usage in the first paragraph also do not need to be capitalized.  You do indeed have comma splice problems.

Snark intent:  B-.  At least you do something adequately well.

Editing job done free of charge.  Have a nice day." Lita Sorensen

lita,

the Sky Is Purple With Pink Polka Dots.  just Because i Say It Is So, Does Not Make It So.

just Because You Say "my usage of the term 'predicate,' was proper in both cases" Does Not Make It True.

your Galiant, Yet Feable, Attempt To Belittle My Intellect, Religates You To The don quixote Of Litature, Status.

in An Effort To Decipher Your Use Of "predicate" and "predicate sentences", i Performed A google Search.  what i Found, Supports What i Already Knew.  you Made It Up Out Of whole Cloth. 

feel Free To Site Your Case, And Correct Me, If You Can.  i Sit In Eager Anticipation For Your Reply.

as For The Post/Hub/Article Issue: i Say Tomato.  you Say Tomāto.  though The Extnent Of Your Knit Pickiness Confirms The Lagitimacy Of Said Post/Hub/Article.

as For glenn beck, i Am Sure That He Is A Fine Man, But i Do Not Watch, Nor Listen To Him.  i Find The Sound Of His Voice To Be A Bit Too Nasal.  just As i Image Your Voice Would Sound If i Where To Hear It. 

p.s. Have Fun Editing...

11. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Very, very, very sad.  And the reason the Republican party is in the state it is in.

Nobody needs to say more.

1. blue dog profile image60
      blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you can't escape them, lita.

they breed like mosquitos and are as annoying as flies.

12. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Obama must be thankful for the Republican party.  When your opposition is that pathetic, it's like you're on a football team that starts every game with a 2 touchdown lead. 

How could he not be thankful for opponents who offer such gems as:

"Organically" grown teabaggers?

The Million Moron march against health care reform?

Glenn Beck and his fawning congregation?

Although I'm sure the prospect of facing Sarah Palin in 2012 must cause him many a sleepless night. lol

13. profile image52
    sonnyy1967posted 14 years ago

The Obams's will be will be thankful for on Thanksgiving Day,that they are asking to send more troops to go over seas to fight for there lives and hope they don't get killed.He will look great then,because that will put a big dent in his unemployment problem.What happened I thought we won that war?This govt.just thinks we are all stupid!This already happened back during the Vietnam days.I am also a Vietnam vet so I know how it is to serve for nothing.Bring back our kids,and figure another way to solve our unemployment problem.

14. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Thanksgiving? lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)