Hubscore Crushed???

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Vizey profile image57
    Vizeyposted 14 years ago

Hi

I have 112 hubs and 51 fans

And my Hubscore has gone from 66 on Wednesday to 37 today

Any idea, what is up with that???

This is the second tie the face less 'Hubpages' has smashed my account.  That time it was my fault I had done something wrong. But that was 50+ hubs ago and I was working hard to get back to my head days of a with an HS of 88.

I still write the same way as I did back in my 88 days and I have
    added better images to most of my blogs, yet they smash my Hubscore.

Other than pack my bags, any suggestions?

Thanks

Guys

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you published series of many hubs in a span of few days or a week of course you're author score will suffer but will rebound after few days... but be sure you don't use plagiarism hehehehe just  reminding you pal smile

2. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

I didn't read the hubs. It looks like you are trying to stay within the niche of insurance. Maybe if you branched out a bit more from that it might generate more traffic. You also might want to think about updating your profile to give people a clue as why they should read your insurance articles.

3. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

The first hub that I looked at of yours is plagiarized or, if you are the owner of the other websites, then it's duplicate content. HP doesn't like it. Google doesn't like it. And it will trash your score faster than you can say OOPS!

Is it... just asking Ill check it out... smile How is it going my irohner buddy...

1. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey there General! Just ducky dandy on my end!

4. Vizey profile image57
    Vizeyposted 14 years ago

Hi Irohner

Thanks

That is news to me

Please point me to it so I can sort that out ASAP

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you purchase any of the content you have on your hubs as PLR Articles?

2. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If the whole thing isn't duplicated, at least entire sentences have been lifted. It's the DUI insurance hub.

Look at these sites (and there's at least one more..):

http://want-sr22-auto-insurance-for-ari … izona.html

http://donnellpitts815.livejournal.com/

5. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

probably a combination of many hubs published at the same time bringing the average score down and any duplicate text with more than two links in one hub going back to the same site.

you don't have to pack your bags, just make sure it's all your own, original work and follow TOS. HubPages is a great place to publish.

6. Vizey profile image57
    Vizeyposted 14 years ago

No none of it.

I have never bought a PLR article in my life.

You guys clearly know lots more about this than me.

Can you point me to my offending Hub(s) so I can a, fix them and b, learn

Thanks for your help

7. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

You know it yourself otherwise you don't know yourself well... this is one essence of living you must know when you made mistakes... I will not bother looking for 'em buddy... You can solve this by yerself.

Don't pack your bag yet, if things can be solve with great solutions...

8. Vizey profile image57
    Vizeyposted 14 years ago

Well I simple don't know it myself

I have on clue what I have done wrong or which Hub or Hubs the problem is on.

What did you do for the last few days? Did you publish many hubs in that given time...

9. Vizey profile image57
    Vizeyposted 14 years ago

I was finding the posting process realy dull. So I waited for a about a week and posted 5 days worth in one hit.

5 Hubs on the 12th Nov
    7 on the 6th
    1 on the 5th
    3 on the 3rd
    1 on the 23rd

Sometime I can't find the image or video I want so i just don't post until I am ready.

10. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

I guess you posted many hubs in that span no need to worry man... things will be fine in the days ahead... Don't worry so much and don't be so presumptuous things will be fine man... smile

11. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

When you go into "My Account" do you have any little red c's beside your hub names?  When you go into edit mode on any of them do you have a flag/note at the top of the page telling you there is duplicate content? 

What everyone is asking you is have you written each of these articles completely on your own or have you copied the information from somewhere else?  Even if it is all your own material, if you have published it anywhere else on the internet you're going to be "penalized" for it by having a lower hubberscore.  The system is geared towards original content. 

Hope this helps.

12. Vizey profile image57
    Vizeyposted 14 years ago

Thanks GeneralHowitze,

Should I just publish as I go to save confusing HP?

My writing style is somewhat wooden.
    I am trying to adapt and improve but I don't find writing easy.

I am worried about 'plagiarism' and PLR articles.

Is anyone able to point me to my offending Hub(s)?

At least I can try to make some changes and improve once I know where to start

Thanks

13. Vizey profile image57
    Vizeyposted 14 years ago

KCC Big Country

1, I have just double check my account and all hubs have a clean bill of health

2, I have check my last 10 posts and there are no flags

3, Yes this is my own work. Maybe after so many Hubs mostly on one subject my already limited skills are struggling.  But there is no cut and paste going on with me.

4,  Nope I have not posted my content any where else.

Look new hubs especially many will surely pull your hub author score because they start with 50 as a benchmark when published simultaneously...
      I guess you need not publish just to keep your sanity okay... and wait for the smoke of battle to die down... If your score will improve then rejoice otherwise you need some overhauling work and you know how to do it becuase it is you who knows your hubs well... HP have scanners to boot and they know when a Hubber steps on the line you get it buddy... stay cool man... big_smile things will be okay if you are doing the right thing... smile

14. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

A lot of your Hub look like "landing pages" to me, meaning they are built with the purpose of driving traffic to a single website.

HubPages doesn't like that very much.

And then, when a visitor goes to the sites to which you are referring, those themselves are just landing pages, trying to get the visitor to sign up for something instead of providing the information that the Hub said would be found there. 

Overall, not a good web strategy.

15. Vizey profile image57
    Vizeyposted 14 years ago

lrohner

Many many thanks for taking the time to point me in the right direction.

I have found and hopefully fixed the issue.

I have by MISTAKE published 6 articles that were not meant to be on Hubpages at all.  They were for something else I was trying out.  Some how I managed to mix up my files and published on HP as well.

lrohner, once again thank you for your help and thank you too all of you that pitch in with well motivated and honest help.

So how much work is it to go from 31 to 91?
    Not as much as it takes to go from 50 to 91 I bet.

What do you all think?

Interesting point about Google not liking dup content.  You'd do better to think of it like this - Google rewards original content it does not punish duplicate content.  If it was the other way around the article sites would not rank as highly as they do.  Just my 2 cents.

See yo on the other side.

16. TimTurner profile image69
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

Hubpages needs to come up with a clear system to tell everyone on how they get the rankings or the rankings become obsolete and people will leave.

This is just a practical business policy.  All the big internet companies have rating systems (ebay, amazon, etc.) that have clear-cut ratings.

Keep "the formula" a mystery only makes it frustrating for people.  And frustration leads them to leave.

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Google doesn't put out the specifics of their algorithms and neither does HubPages.  And it's so that the system doesn't get gamed by the unscrupulous and the spammers.

And they have made it really rather clear what sort of stuff makes your score go up,

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscorecalc

1. TimTurner profile image69
        TimTurnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Google is a different animal.  You can't compare the two.  If anything, HubPages should follow Google's rankings as your Hub goes up in SEO on Google, so should your Hubscore.  Yet my Hubs are mixed.  When they go up in Google's search, some fall in Hubscore rank.  It makes no sense.

HubPages rank varies drastically, day to day.  That shows that the "algorithm" needs work.

1. darkside profile image66
          darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And you've come to this conclusion by running tests on 5 hubs?

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
          rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Google is a business. they reward their biggest advertisers.
          every time someone does a search on anything, it's costing someone millions of dollars in advertising when you click on that ad.

17. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I post hub everyday, I accept fans, sometimes I read first some of their work then I fan them,,,but I am stuck to 93 sometimes after one day it goes down to 89, I read other peoples works also,,,I am ok with that I am only here for nearly two months anyway

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)