Woot, my first hub fan.. and i'm a prodigy ??

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Popular Wealthposted 15 years ago

I decided to give HubPages a whirl after reading an article written by Darren Rowse of Problogger.net. I own several sites of my own and feel that writing content for sites I don't own isn't the most effective use for my time but I trust Darren and found the maturity level of hubbers to be great.... ok, ok, and I try everything once.

I logged on tonight to see what happened to my first hub and got an ego boost when I found I had a fan already (love you long time my #1 fan). Then I noticed my profile is calling me a prodigy. Now i'm all warm and glowy inside... :p

All kidding aside - I'm enjoying HubPages more than expected and i'm not easily amused. I'm now officialy a fan of HubPages because it's a great concept WITH great execution. A+

/wave @ everyone

1. The How To Hub profile image67
      The How To Hubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That's funny - I felt exactly the same.

Hubpages is so much fun and works well for pointing traffic getting backlinks etc.... good stuff.

Welcome

Shaye

2. tcnixon profile image64
    tcnixonposted 15 years ago

My thoughts exactly. I have a couple of blogs, a couple websites, and a couple books to be written, and, yet, here I am. I am curious to see how helpful it will be to all of those things.

However, thus far, I am pleased. smile

3. Tater2tot profile image58
    Tater2totposted 15 years ago

Haha. I feel exactly the same way. I was sp excited when I finally turned expert! I also have a couple of websites but it seems like more fun to write on hubpages!

1. topstuff profile image59
      topstuffposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I checked your music website it has very less content and many videos are unavailable,i wanteed to view two of them and all i get was sorry......

4. HiddenCrimson profile image59
    HiddenCrimsonposted 15 years ago

Yeah, this place is definitely very cool. Also, I wouldn't consider it a waste of time because you can always direct your readers to your other websites.

5. DonnaCSmith profile image84
    DonnaCSmithposted 15 years ago

Warning: I think hubs are addicting. And Welcome!

6. Marian Swift profile image61
    Marian Swiftposted 15 years ago

Cool feeling, isn't it?  Welcome to Hub Pages!

7. vietnamese profile image66
    vietnameseposted 15 years ago

I was the same way also! I just wish that I have more time so I can spend on here, but I don't! This was the very first place that I want to go to everyday whenever possible. Everything here is great and GREAT!

8. CarpetDiem profile image71
    CarpetDiemposted 15 years ago

hi Popular Wealth,
    Greetings from a fellow prodigy and a fellow Southern Californian!  I like hubpages too!  Now I've just got to get it in gear and publish a few more hubs!  BTW, what the heck is your picture of??? Julia Roberts catching a hotdog? Please explain!

9. Lidian profile image66
    Lidianposted 15 years ago

I really like Hubs too - I have 2 websites but I also like writing about stuff that doesn't really fit on them, and the community is wonderful.

10. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 15 years ago

I did likewise and find I now love this place!
    And by the way, you have got another fan now! lol

11. jim10 profile image64
    jim10posted 15 years ago

Tonyab suggested hubpages to me since I was getting into Affiliate Marketing and I am so glad I tried it. All the hubbers are so helpful and provide great info. It is a great community. I seem to do a lot better with than I did with Squidoo. So welcome to Hubpages.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)