Let Us Help HubPages ( Stop Bickering and Whining!)

Jump to Last Post 1-45 of 45 discussions (138 posts)
  1. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

The forums are a place where many from HP gather to socialize, debate or ask for thoughts, opinions etc. to create a hub. I have sat silently and observed people being attacked or diverting the attack to make HP believe that they are the ones that were harmed. I am not saying that a person should not be reported if they fall completely out of line, what I am saying is sometimes we get ourselves into a tizzy, we are human and make irritational comments without thinking and then it turns into a brawl and everyone is attacking everybody. I personally read a comment recently by Debbie Sexton on a forum and did not read it all the way through and before I knew it I was being a very rude person calling her out and that I apologize for. All of us are writers with our own thoughts about religion, politics, intimacies,technology etc. it is great to give an opinion or assist a newbie in need but we need to act like adults not children thus allowing HP to work on other things besides banning some of our favorite hubbers or closest friends. Let us try to think before we write and the community may get back to what it was, fun, enjoyable and exciting! It would open the doors for other new hubbers or senior hubbers, enabling them to feel comfortable on the forums.

1. profile image0
      bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't have said it better myself.

AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just like many of us I am sooooo tired. sad

1. profile image0
          Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

grown up life is hard. take nap, hope you feel better soon. Everyone gets mad and reacts without thinking from time to time.

1. profile image0
            bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Even your couch cat?

That cat is to cute! Isn't it?smile

2. AEvans profile image72

I have been grown for so long I have forgotten what is was like to be a kid, lololo big_smile

1. Hmrjmr1 profile image68
              Hmrjmr1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I may be getting older, and some times when hard pressed or an emergency I can provide adult supervision but Growing Up is an activity I steadfastly refuse to participate in! cool cool cool

2. Sally's Trove profile image77
      Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen smile

smile

3. marcel285 profile image64
      marcel285posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm pretty disgusted in some peeps nastiness towards others.

I feel sorry for Debbie Saxton, some certain peeps have been very rude, abusive and horrible people to her. She did nothing, but offer interesting info to people. If YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, DONT SAY ANYTHING!

4. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes, I like love, peace and harmony! x

5. Frugal Fanny profile image61
      Frugal Fannyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it is all too easy to lose sight of the fact that one can state their opinion, and let others state their opinions, without it devolving into a mud-slinging contest.  The problem is, it's easier to lose your step than it is to keep the higher ground.

That is so true and by the way the baby pic is adorable! smile

1. Frugal Fanny profile image61
          Frugal Fannyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ty, it's my fave pic of my daughter. smile

It is absolutely adorable! Great choice.smile

6. wsp2469 profile image62
      wsp2469posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No sh*t!  Just because YOU don't like something someone has to say doesn't mean No ONE does!
      I may talk sh*t to people in my response hubs but at least when I speak to someone on a one-on-one level such as in a forum I don't resort to personal attacks.  I'm proud of myself for that.
      (The only reason i am IN the forums NOW is because someone didn't like what I had to say.  by turning me in to admin they just encouraged me to speak out more.  So my suggestion is if you don't like what someone has to say be civil or be quiet--any OTHER action is going to start something y'all might not want to finish!)

7. fishtiger58 profile image69
      fishtiger58posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here Here. Well said. If I come into the forums and see people arguing I leave. I am not here to fight with anyone and am getting tired of it all.

2. kirstenblog profile image80
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

It would be a breath of fresh air in my opinion. Ahhhh!

It certainly would, it used to be that way when I first joined and people loved to come to the forums now so many are fearful because they do not want to banned, it is so sad but hopefully it will be a better year. smile

3. Dao Hoa profile image61
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you AEvan.

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I agree, Julianna. I enjoy polite debate, but name-calling and personal insults are over the top. I can disagree with someone and still be respectful of his/her opinion.

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

5. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

I agree.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

She has been nasty herself, she jumps down people's throats at the least provocation. Everyone has to relax a bit.

1. marcel285 profile image64
      marcel285posted 14 years agoin reply to this

True, but how do you expect her to react with peeps 'ganging up?'

7. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I saw her attack someone who was joking. She always assumes that every comment is aimed at her when it isn't always. No excuse for any attacks but lets not make her the sweet innocent who is being harrassed. I'm sure she can take it.

1. TMMason profile image61
      TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have made my attacks also, (but not like the ones today, honestly some were to far.), So I don't think there are any innocents.

I think we all get frustrated sometimes because we can't get another to agree. And then there are those who get into a thread to harass with jabs and never answer seriously.

So frustration builds...

we are not giong to convert one another.

So that shouldn't be the intent to posting.

Just debating and providings facts, so we can all look into things with as much knowledge as possible.

Then you know you have amade a good decision. You have all the facts and arguements to base it on.

That is a great thing when done correctly and with respect.

That's been my primary model here as well though I'm relatively new at it. big_smile cool

8. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I don't know anything about this particular forum or the people involved...BUT, i guess I'm just kind of a live-and-let-live kinda gal. I don't attack others, and I think it's completely rude and uncalled for. On the other hand, I hate to see anyone banned for verbally attacking another adult hubber.

9. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I stay clear of attacks also. I like to state the facts about what I'm staying. Some people do try to provoke attacks.

But, the forums have rules and it's HubPages decision. They could quickly disintegrate into constant attacks and swearing at others, etc. Adults shouldn't have to resort to that anyway if they are having a discussion.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, you're probably right, UW. I guess I overestimated human nature, as I am sometimes wont to do. lol!

10. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Come on Julianna, it always been this way between people, and it always will be this way. There are some nice people like you around, but most fight 24/7, and some even enjoy it wink

Get on terms with the fact, you will sleep better. smile

I know but in the past 6 months it has gotten worse it used to be fun and now it has become very demeaning and ruthless, completely senseless. You remember the days when people would argue but people were not reporting them even when someone sneezed, the other person would back away and then they would go about there business. HP has better things to do then monitor e-mails and ban hubbers. I know I will sleep better and I am not saying that all will get along but for goodness sake, the reporting has been out of control, someone starts it and then if they do not like what someone says they report it which is not necessary.smile

I'm not so sure that just a report gets someone banned, or suspended, I think the post is reviewed and some attention to detail is used on the part of HP. Lest I hope so.

Paul Deeds clarified on another thread a little while ago and yes they review but pushing the person's buttons until they go over the edge isn't always necessary. If everyone could be respectful , step away and take a deep breath just like it used to be then bans would not be necessary. smile

Hear hear! Well said, big_smile big_smile

2. Misha profile image64
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think this is the price we pay for becoming bigger and bigger. We used to be like a more or less close family business, now we've gone public and became a multi-national corporation, with all its ugliness. Can't enter the same waters twice...

11. Highvoltagewriter profile image67
    Highvoltagewriterposted 14 years ago

The reason I stay out of the forms most of the time is I get real feed up with all the hostility! To me it is a waste of time to argue!

12. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i don't report anyone - i just deal with them directly then move on.

You have the right idea smile

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

and that is usually people who go after me for no reason. if someone just disagrees with me, i have no cause to do anything. sometimes i ignore them. it just depends on the person. but i don't engage short-fused people in debate. extraordinary waste of time, it seems to me.

Concur smile

2. habee profile image92

Same here.

13. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Hi, John!

Hey Sweetie how R ya? cool

14. readytoescape profile image59
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

I am still running with scissors

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Does your dog like peanut butter?

1. readytoescape profile image59
        readytoescapeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you ever have anything to say that is not derogatory?

Ummmmmmmmmmm..........how in the world could that innocent remark be misconstrued as something derogatory?

You sir, and this is just a guess, would more than likely be one of the persons alluded too in the title of this thread, which I’m am sure is what attracted you here. I often avoid those threads that you participate in, as I now shall this one.

Perhaps you should write a hub on your uses of peanut butter rather than waste our time in the forums. Surely opinions and random thoughts as such yours, the world must be waiting to see.

You have humorously, though I'm sure unintentionally, demonstrated the root cause of many of the squabbles that break out in these forums.  You did not understand my post, and made the decision to assume an offense where none was offered.

I will additionally point out that it is utterly impossible for ME to waste YOUR time in a forum.  To spend time here or not is entirely your decision, and if you choose the latter........

I guess we'll survive it.

heheheheh now that made my day! You are such a nut! I hope you don't fall! big_smile

me too, already pierced someones blow up doll in the other thread

15. profile image0

peanut butter is derogatory? yikes

who knew. wink

p.s. is it "here, here" or "hear, hear"? i always get those confused.

It's Hear Hear as in listen louder everybody!

2. readytoescape profile image59

That ( ! ) is referring to the old sex joke about dogs lapping peanut butter from the genitals of ugly people.

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow. i never heard of such a thing. yikes i have led a sheltered life all right. well, thanks for explaining that smile

(thanks, Hmrjmr1. i was wondering)

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59

Which is not the context concerning my question.  You referred to "Running With Scissors" which I assumed to be about the novel and subsequent film of that title. There was in fact a scene involving a dog and peanut butter that was quite humorous.  99.99999999999999999% of people reading such a post would have understood its nature, you fall into the miniscule minority that would choose to take it otherwise.

I was certainly not disparaging your physical appearance.

16. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I wish that things would get better in HP. if things don't I'm done with this place. It's just as bad as another website I left because of the same stuff going on with ppl attacking ppl and everything.

17. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Good, John. And you?

Hi, Ready!

Doin Fine gettin a good start on 500 hubs this coming year! How bout you all well with Hubby and kids? Have a holly Jolly Christmas?

18. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Boys! No bickering and you know who you are let's place nice! smile

Clarifying on my part.  Certainly not bickering.

You always manage to make me smile I understood your comment about the peanut butter no worries and I even saw the movie sometimes we have to break things down more for others to understand.smile

19. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

here we go again with ppl bickering and fighting over stupid stuff hmm

1. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm calling the person with the scissors to run over here and cut this thread - immediately!  lol

Happy New Year! smile

Don't forget the peanut butter!  Ooops, sorry. In some cultures, referring to legume-based sandwich spreads is considered derogatory.  I'm so insensitive sometimes.

20. Dao Hoa profile image61
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

and I thought this thread is calling for stop the bickering sad

It is and everyone loves you , did you read the comment , " Boys stop bickering?" no bickering in here , it really isn't necessary. smile

21. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I have a teacher who says "there are three courses of action - doing something positive, doing something negative, doing nothing at all!  the key is to think each action through and make your choice - there is seldom a time when doing something negative is the right way!  USUALLY you can find something positive to do - when you can't you can do nothing at all"  So I am using this teaching all the time and recently when I got accused of something in the forums and also in a message to me personally, I put this teaching into action and first waited a few hours before replying, and then replied with a positive comment.

So - yeh, I have it all down!  In future, you can just ask me, before you do anything!  heh heh   lol  so glad people are talking about this issue.

Here's to a better New Year! on HP

Happy New Year Mega1 !!

2. Dao Hoa profile image61
      Dao Hoaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You had a wise teacher. I am glad you are practicing it.

Happy New Year! smile

22. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

Happy New Year! AE and everybody else!  I haven't seen that movie Running With Scissors - would I like it?

I believe you would, it is funny. smile

1. mega1 profile image79

I just looked it up - its funny because I just finished reading John Irving's "Until I Find You" which is also about a young boy in strange circumstances who is sexually abused, but doesn't realize it himself until much later! A very wonderful story that doesn't flinch about some very difficult subjects!  I highly recommend it.  Am working on a review of it.

Well I will certainly read the book and I am looking forward to the review. smile

23. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Sww hell, let' us all just have a brawl to end the year and let the banning begin. Bunch of bowdowners and fevoltionist flurrries anyway. I think it is traotally hucking filarious!

1. mega1 profile image79

Ok.  what will we brawl about?  your spelling?  lol

what is a "fevoltionist flurrrie" ?  huh?  just saying . . . lol

24. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Oh goody! I just love coming in at the beginning of a brawl!
    I'm running with my scissors in one hand and a peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sammie in the other.
    You got a problem with dat?

1. mega1 profile image79

I would like to say, "one brawl at a time?"  however - if you end up with less of a sammie than you started with don't blame me - and if you choke trying to swallow it while you run, well, that's just so incredibly dumb!  But, each to their own, I guess!  I'm just saying . . .  big_smile:

You added marshmallow to the peanut butter?  I'm insulted.  I think wink

25. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I'm starting to miss the bickering and whining!  Can't we have a little bicker, a little whine now and then, just to keep us in practice~  long as it don't get outa hand, that is . . .lol

mmmm.... you know what happens when that begins. smile

26. Bredavies profile image63
    Bredaviesposted 14 years ago

I bet if I look through what everyone has said..If I wanted to take the time to look. I would find some bickering and whining in the forum. haha.

27. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I tried to start a good bicker on the end of the world thread with bredavies and she just laughed!  isn't there someone left who knows how to have a good bicker? big_smile:

1. Bredavies profile image63
      Bredaviesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Im not much of a bicker..er... today. haha! To tired. but try again tomorrow and I'll be delighted to argue. smile

1. mega1 profile image79

oh sure, you say that NOW !. . .

28. avangend profile image61
    avangendposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the appeal to sanity. When people disagree on the forums, though, things become personal rather than objective, which spins the entire debate out of control towards pointless oblivion.

Hopefully, we can all keep this in mind. However, all it takes is for two jerks to disagree and the fire of antagonism is lit once again...

1. mega1 profile image79

just who are you calling a JERK?  That's so forbidden!  lol

1. avangend profile image61
        avangendposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haha, my apologies.

29. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

just kidding, of course  big_smile:

30. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Another thread I see no reason for being. But, hey people love misery. So, have fun. roll

1. mega1 profile image79

there you are!  was wondering - how ya doing?  people just wanta discuss things - ya know? big_smile:

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No. People want to bring more misery into their life, like they don't have enough already. smile But, thanks for playing. smile

1. profile image0
          Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not everyone's out for more misery, Cags. big_smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
            prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

DENNO it will be 2010 and the sheeps are not yet here,

1. profile image0

Methinks there is a wolf in our midst. big_smile

Denno (hmmm--find the wolves, do somthing) today was the last day at the mail office to send mail before the New year so it will be late really, still Valentines is two months away

Yoshi, your reply is blank LOL...

1. yoshi97 profile image56
                  yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ya caught me fixing it - doh! smile

2. profile image0

A Valentine's Mini-Sheep present, now that's an original idea. big_smile

31. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

OK mega, go ahead and sling it at me in the  insult thread. My spelling?

1. mega1 profile image79

well, NO OFFENSE but . . . (here we go)  have you ever noticed that when people misspell things they don't notice and so they can't believe they did?  not that any of that matters to me - I'm just saying . . .

now your turn - (you start by saying, "NO OFFENSE, but . . ."  lol

32. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

When i first joined HP, i hardly noticed such bickering and rudeness, but lately it seems to be the norm.
    I deliberately opted out of some forums because i may get pissed enough to diss some fanatic. And of course im always concerned about the ban or suspension. Who needs that in this great community? certainly not me or many others.
    What i do is this...when i visit a highly volatile forum, i just state...I'M OUTTA HERE! (remember the usmanali saga!)and go off to find a friendlier and more informative forum.
    You couldn't have put it better AEvans. smile

I love the I'm Outta Here idea I know ignore some of the threads making it a more positive New Year! smile

33. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

i solemly promise not to whine or bicker ever again.  Thanks for even mentioning it Julianna

34. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

I love participating in the fun and mirth of the forums, but lately there isn't much fun ... or much mirth ... so I find myself away from the forums alot.

The problem ... as I see it ... is far more strong-minded people on the forums. If you post anything contrary to what they believe you aren't wrong or mistaken - you're made out to be an idiot. And if you politely try to bow out you're a coward. And if you hold your ground and back up what you said you are spreading meaningless nonsense or oppressing their opinion.

Quite often I used to like to bring up a topic for debate and it was interesting to hear the responses. I expressed my opinions, heard the opinions of others, and always learned something in the process. It wasn't about who was wrong or who was right - it was sharing what we all believed in and taking away something new from the discussion. Anymore, people have their posts torn apart line by line and are made out to be fools for ever posting on the forums.

As for me ... I will just post in the humorous threads (other than this one) and will not post elsewhere. And should they become testy as well I'll just stop posting alltogether.

And this would be the reason Hubpages is now policing the forums ... The 'nice people' (99% of the populous here) are being pushed away by all of the fighting, and newbies that show up for some info believe the site is about nothing other than wars. Over time, without putting this in check, the community would erode away.

Do we really want new members to come here and see the hubpages forums as a place where people squabble all of the time? I know I don't. Had I seen this my first day I never would have joined Hubpages, as I spent my first day looking through the forums to get my bearings on what Hubpages was all about.

I know another site that was overrun by radicals. For a while the older members left and new memberships slowed down. The staff got miffed and finally banned all of the radicals permanently, without any warning *poof*.

Many got nervous after that and a few left angered over the incident, but the community bounced back afterwards and became stronger than it ever was before.

I'm not recommending this ... I'm just saying that what can happen on one site could happen elsewhere.

What happens when everyone pushes the fighting too far? Do they do a mass-banning of people or do they just close the forums?

It's something we should all deeply consider, as it takes many staff hours to keep policing the forums and every new member that refuses to join because of the anger in the forums is lost revenue for HP. How much would they be willing to lose before taking stronger action?

The current bannings (which almost never occurred when I first joined) are an indicator to me that HP is taking this issue very seriously and they will have peace in the forums - one way or another.

Maybe it's time we all stopped, took a deep breath, and relaxed a bit - so as not to force the battle any further. Trust me ... if we keep pushing on this we one we will most definitely lose.

Coming from someone who has moderated forums like this in the past I can tell you with all honesty ... fighting and bickering is not something someone wants to see in their forums - and freedom of speech does not apply in a private area such as this, because we all agree to live by the rules of the forum.

This isn't about fighting for one's private rights ... this is about respecting someone else's property and using it as they ask.

Give peace a chance ...

it always start from US... good post here Yoshi, Happy New year to all and you the most!

Hapyy New Year to you too! (and everyone else)! smile

and where is your avatar, your true "guapo" pic, thank you

2. mega1 profile image79

yes, yes yoshi - I agree with all that - but could you try to keep it a bit shorter in future?  lol  haha joke joke

haha! I'm not a good one for brevity. Then again, some of my longer speeches have helped to quell the barracudas to sleep. smile

35. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Well said yoshi, you are always the voice of reason.

36. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

and another thread bites the dust!

37. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

whew - so glad you didn't take OFFENSE!  and I've been trying so hard to start a bicker and everybody is denying me! guess its true what marine says - you can't "agree" to start a bicker!

1. profile image0

You're on! Bicker!

2. yoshi97 profile image56

nyap! I'm pretty difficult to offend. Prettydarkhorse has the whole 'calm, blue waters' thing mastered and I'm nearly there ... smile

you are already there Yoshi

38. maudine_05 profile image61
    maudine_05posted 14 years ago

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!smile smile smile

39. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Happy New Year to you, maudine. big_smile

1. maudine_05 profile image61
      maudine_05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile
      smile
      smile

40. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

About the bickering:

It's like I always told my students - when someone makes you mad, you're letting them control you. They're pressing your buttons, and you're responding, just like they want you to.

Mrs. Abee's class is now in session! lol

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you gonna spank us?

1. habee profile image92

Don't you still have stripes from the last spanking I gave you??

Yep, and the straps and handcuffs too!

1. habee profile image92

Dang, RD! Don't be sharing ALL our secrets!

haha ... I heard he's sharing the videos too. smile

On sale now  "Snake handlers gone wild."

41. profile image0

it's not the arguing that bothers me so much as people whining. god, deal with your life already and quit whining like a baby. i really hate that. yikes

42. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

developing a thicker skin was how I spent most of my childhood with 5 older sisters and brothers!  It may be that much of what I say is argumenative (can't spell that) and offensive - but now you know why!  And although I can dish it out and am terrifically self-centered - I get my dander up too!  Sometimes I think I get into silly bantering which becomes bickering which becomes a little spat which becomes a big pain in the butt for anybody to listen to - but so, yeh.  I know it.  If there is any way I can offend you, please, let me help!  lol

43. K Partin profile image61
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Wow guess I'm not on here enough to see all the bickering. You shouldn't have to feel uncomfortable on these forums. Seems every neighborhood has one I guess huh? yikes

smile

44. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

y'all know I was just kidding right?

1. K Partin profile image61
      K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Were you?? Just kidding, we know...yikes

You are silly, we know you do! smile

45. profile image0

hey, AE, i see they locked Ryan's thread already.

so, who exactly do you think is the mysterious "culprit" (your word, not mine) singlehandedly responsible for all of the bannings yesterday, and why? be specific now.

roll

The word culprit should not have been used I apologize, I do not believe any individual was single handedly responsible each hubber is responsible for their own actions and what they engage upon, but some of the threads that are started get some of the hubbers going causing them to go over the edge and thus they are banned. Not a single e-mail that I recieved said they were upset, what they realized is they should not have placed themselves in that particular position so all are taking it very well. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)