Is baiting Christians a hobby or a sport?

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (210 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Feel free to babble.smile

1. profile image53
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello Mr. Pot, how's Mr. Kettle?

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

From the baiting I've experienced as well as seen done here and other places,

I'd say it's several things.

It's sport to the baiters.
      It's a hobby to some.
      It's a lot curiosity.
      It's partly rebellion.
      And a part of it is....a reaction to that drawing power of the Holy Spirit.  The Bible says He will draw all men to Him.  That's what He does!   It matters not who's rebellious and non-believing;  for God can find 'em anywhere they are. 
      Christians are fishers of men.
      Unbelievers, though they'd rarely admit it, know it's we who actually have "the bait"...in other words, the Food, the Bread of Life, that they need.   And because they know it's a choice for them, they pretend it's not there.....That way they think they don't have to choose.
      So, the next reason they'd bait a Christian is to try to "turn the tables" on 'em.    Remember whatever the Lord does, the Devil tries to imitate or get others to imitate but with a twist of lies and/or manipulations.

1. marinealways24 profile image58
        marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I disagree.

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image61
          greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I AGREE because we as believers make a post about God and sure enough there they are!!! it isnt the other way around... i personally dont go into atheists rooms... i dont care what they say but for some reason they sure care what we say!!! and purposely come into specific chat about God just to argue...

1. earnestshub profile image80
            earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You said it...atheist rooms, not forums here on hubpages.
            I see all these religious posts telling me I am going to hell, where are all the atheist posts? We don't bother to tell the rest of the world the bloomin obvious! lol

2. marinealways24 profile image58
            marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

When an atheist says something about you saying something in reference to God, shouldn't you appreciate it for them making your faith in God stronger or does your faith get weaker when it is challenged?

3. terced ojos profile image60
            terced ojosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's simpler than that really. People are offended by being told that they are going to hell.  They are also offended by the fact that so many Christians don't exude the love of God they so often talk about. Most of how current Christianity is presented is "passive-aggressive"...the average human being is going to have a defensive reaction to you. If you take a person who actually listens and studies what you purport to live and believe in; the intellectual person is ninety-nine percent of the time going to tell you to take a flying leap at a rolling donut. It has nothing to do with "The Holy Spirit" or making people choose. It has everything to do with the way people present this supposed "all loving God"...Christians are there worst enemy when it comes to prosletyzing...Ghandi once said that if it weren't for Christians he would've become one.  Christian messages are mixed and confusing at best. Historically very few of the actions of the Christian church can be viewed as anything but evil. I doubt that a lot of people would have trouble with a lot of what Jesus spoke about. In fact I'd go so far as to say that most people would consider Jesus benign and would probably wish the man well with his teachings.  That being said I've met very few Christians who acted in a manner befitting the man Jesus whom they call their master.

1. profile image0
              sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You don't get out much. If a Christian doesn't do whatever a detractor says they no longer know how to love. It always amazed me how much non-believers claim they know what Christians should do, eat, sleep or breathe. Maybe if non-believers got their house in order they wouldn't find themselves crossways with Christians.

2. earnestshub profile image80

Yes, we are all terrified of you and your god! All that hate hell and damnation, we are here to save our souls from common sense! lol
        hilarious!

following the bread crumbs again are we?? LOL ohh come on earnest stop following the yellow brick road that only leads to more madness for you and a head ache for you! stop reading our forums... after all it makes you mad and offends you so again i cant get WHY in the world someone would want to do that to themselves???

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
            Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

These are open forums - despite you think that they are "yours"
            Come on - your irrational beliefs are offensive. Where else is there so many religionists all in one place to tell them?

I am not going to church. lol

LOL once again there are specific topics!!! join the ones that most suit you not offend you!!!

Not the topic - your ridiculous religion offends me. And here you you are all in one place congratulating each other on how special god thinks you are compared to the heathens.

Hard to resist. wink

once again IT OFFENDS SO STOP!!! and quit joining a room that offends!!! must i repeat?? oh wait u just said u cant resist.. so that means u like to argue.... that says alot PEACE!

That explains a lot. Religious chatrooms! The best source of side splitting comedy on the web!
                    So that's your background. Not at all surprised! lol

2. greeneyesH1982 profile image61

here ill spell it out for you since u dont get it.... one makes a post....  the post is

something to do with God

one doesnt believe but yet he cant resist giving himself a large head ache for the day... why? no idea!! lol for some reason he likes to annoy himself and offend himself with the words in the topic that most certainly talk about GOD... now im sure your a logical person as so u always say so maybe you can make sense of your nonsense?? LOL CUS I SURE CANT!!! i dont go into atheists rooms!! for one I dont care what they have to say so why do YOU care what WE have to say??? actually dont even asnwer that because I DONT CARE its insane!!

3. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

now, see, this is that "we belong to an exclusive celestial club and you don't, neener, neener" mentality that is so pervasive among many "believers". i used to believe in the Christian God and i was devout and happy in my faith and never once lorded it over anyone.

2. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

A laugh

1. profile image0

You're always a winner!big_smile

2. twuxedo profile image59
      twuxedoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are right, observing these pages they take the bait everytime.
      No learning for some folk.

3. tantrum profile image59

Hi Sneak!
    Good luck with your thread !
    big_smile

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

A food? wink

Geeze Misha! You know it's a sport! lol You must stop eating christians! lol

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some of them are quite tasty, ya know wink

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uieQJSaRXxk/SIOH4UOSjUI/AAAAAAAAAlw/mImIxX73Qz8/s400/EatBabies.jpg

1. goldenpath profile image68
          goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now, I'm a diehard Christian but this one made me laugh.  See we can enjoy a laugh together now and then. smile

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
            AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but from what contact I've had with you, you're on the sensible end of the spectrum that I refer to in brackets above

I hope that's a compliment.  Even though I hold to my faith I love a good belly laugh.  If one cannot laugh at life then what's the point of it all.  Sensibility is something we ALL could dip our ladles into a little more.  If we don't investigate it and embrace it we will never attain tolerance in our individual lives.

I've learned to laugh at myself.  I have a large nose and I often get California's weather before they do - and I'm in Iowa! smile

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
                AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Compliment, yes (and that joke was originally about Barry Manilow roll)

By the way, where did you get that picture of me? (Not sure how to make laughing faces)

2. TheGlassSpider profile image65
            TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought this was, quite literally, terribly  hilarious myself, golden.

ETA: A band called Dethklok would say, "It's funny because it's not." lol

2. glendoncaba profile image73
        glendoncabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Eating Christians...ugh...is only permissible between a man and woman married to each other and with mutual consent; and even that must be followed by the procreative act. 

I decree that no one else may eat Christians; I can't speak for Jews and Muslims, they are vocal enough to decree on their dietary courses.

I have to give up eating any religionists, I am developing an allergy. smile

1. glendoncaba profile image73
            glendoncabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Come get baptised and married and I promise you no one will need to worry about your diet or allergies. smile

We have lots of single sisters looking for a few good men.

5. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

Baiting Christians, athiests, gays, anti-gays, pro-abortion/pro-choice/anti-lifers, anti-abortion/pro-life/anti-choicers, Obama supporters, Obama haters.... etc.... Baiting is what makes the forum world go round.

Without baiting their would have to be silence or intelligent discourse, neither of which a general populace with a keyboard and connection can sustain.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Beg to disagree. Silence or intelligent discourse is much preferable to some of the heated discussions on here.

1. Shadesbreath profile image76
        Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As you get to know me better, Izzy, you may begin to sense the slight hint of sarcasm in the crap I say.  Stand down wind of me next time and you can smell it.

1. tantrum profile image59
          tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. IzzyM profile image86
          IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL and as you get to know me better, you'll....errr...know me better too. Slight hint? I must just have an excellent sense of sarcasm detection LOL
          No probs, I knew you were kidding (sort of) and I was too smile
          though I do actually appreciate intelligent conversation - so long as it isn't way over my head!

3. Eric Graudins profile image61
          Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The smell is pretty strong upwind as well. lol

Pleasant surprise to see you here Shades.
          Is your head full of knowledge yet?
          I think that smell is the overflow cool

I haven't been round here for a while. Lots of new blood I see!

cheers,
          Eric G.

Wow, look who the cat drug in.

Of course they're preferable...but sustainable is a different story. Silence and intelligent discourse are rare commodities and often come in short-lived spurts.

3. Unchained Grace profile image60
        Unchained Graceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The abovementioned individual stated that "without baiting there would have to be silence or intelligent discourse, neither of which a general populace with a keyboard and connection can sustain." Now, the big question. Is this an objective observation on the alleged majority or just what level people find themselves at in lieu of the ability to either say something meaningful or just zip it?

lol I love this.

3. Laura Thykeson profile image62
      Laura Thykesonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Love it!!!

4. Eldritch Elegy profile image58
      Eldritch Elegyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Second paragraph seconded.

6. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

A bit like shootin ducks on the pond really, but yep, if they were fish they would all eat well tonight. lol

lol
      hi Earnest !

Hey tantrum! smile

7. TheGlassSpider profile image65
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Ahhh...the subtle sting/k of sarcasm. Lovely.

Like napalm in the morning? Lilacs on a summer's eve?  All a matter of perspective. (I hope lilacs bloom in summer because I'm damn sure too lazy to look it up for a forum simile.)

8. earnestshub profile image80

Hi Everybody! smile

1. TheGlassSpider profile image65

Hi Earnest smile

9. profile image0

Hello my fellow combatants! I love you all even though you're always wrong! See I can be sensitive.big_smile

So, what is it ? A hobby or a sport for you ? big_smile

1. profile image0

Well I consider it a sport but I'm pretty competitive. Mostly it's fun when everyones on their game and using their wit. It can be both fun and funny!smile

I find you very funny indeed!
          You make smile or laugh a lot. big_smile

1. profile image0

I really enjoy your company and I try to make everyone smile alittle.smile

2. sooner than later profile image61
      sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haha. Sneak.

10. TheGlassSpider profile image65
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Hi tantrum smile

Hi everybody! smile (I'll just go Earnest's route...don't wanna leave anyone out)

11. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years ago

The sensible Christians stay out of the waffle we tend to generate, because they know we're full of sh-t. They have their beliefs and they're sticking to them, and we can sod off. Which is the way it should be

(Some of the Christian posters are sensible... I'm generalizing for effect.... ie Christian baiting.... sad )

12. Sara Tonyn profile image60
    Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

It's a sport because it's full of cheap shots.

It's the same antagonistic people hunting Christians all the time, then acting superior by posting condescending comments and over-the-top mean-spirited remarks.

Not that the Christians are all angels -- so to speak. They have their own non-stop antagonists but their insults are much easier to take for some reason.

Anyway, it's incredible that neither side can take the hint: it's a stalemate. Let it go for the love of God, or no god.

If only everyone could be non-antagonistic and perfect like me.

As I said, like shooting ducks in a pond. smile

13. earnestshub profile image80

You know what I see a lot? I see a lot of threads started by religionists with the argument in the name of the heading,
    Why? Are they looking for people to believe in their fairy story or more accurately, horror story?
    That would be arrogant! The next greatly thought out move is to tell everyone who does not follow their version out of hundreds from a book that is full of nauseating hate, that they and the ones they love will rot in hell. Wait! Where do people get off arguing with that? I guess we are "illogical" lol lol lol

14. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

big_smile:  Depends on how many fall in the process...

Well I know of one who came on here all hero like only to run away and hide a week later. He has done it before, way back, Mark mentioned it also. Others have done a similar thing and whinged their way off and then come back as another sock puppet the next day. Keeps me entertained! lol

15. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 14 years ago

Neither. It is ignorance

No. religion is ignorance, that is why you get scoffed at. For your ignorant belief in an invisible control freak! lol

1. thirdmillenium profile image60
        thirdmilleniumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is not possible to convince those who would believe something only if they have physical evidence of it. God is something you feel in your soul and self. Unless that happens to you, your rational being would always rebel against God/religion. No amount of convincing would do the job.

I believe in many things I cannot have physical evidence for, but an old fashioned head trip on religion is too far away from any potential for reality it makes the tooth fairy look real! What a yarn the bible is, a patchwork of ridiculous hate and fear to keep the very easily frightened in line centuries ago. What blows my mind is that anyone could actually read it cover to cover and then say, "Yep! That sounds like the truth!" smile

2. Sara Tonyn profile image60
        Sara Tonynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

See? That type of response is uncalled for. That's exactly what makes non-believers look like fools and predators.

Got up your nose a bit eh? lol

1. Sara Tonyn profile image60

No, I'm just pointing out how predictable the most antagonistic non-believers are.

1. Eric Graudins profile image61

Don't worry SaraTonyn,
              If you're around, they'll soon go to sleep. lol

And we don't need religion to make fools of ourselves.
              We're experts in that in LOTS of other topics!

P.S. Nice name!

That's yet to be seen.

1. twuxedo profile image59

I feel that this is unfair, the lady is just stating her point.

Well if her forum name is not a play on words of "seratonin", the chemical that induces sleep, then I unreservedly apologise.

cheers,
                    Eric G.

2. twuxedo profile image59

I have been reading these Posts, (the religious forums) and have to say that you too, are predictable, can you not see that?.
              Why just say non believers are predictable. The Christians are equally predictable.

I'm not a Christian if that's what you think, so I don't know what predictability you're referring to.

I just don't understand why some non-believers take so much joy in beating up opponents who are obviously weaker.

1. twuxedo profile image59

No I don't get that factor either, its basically bullying, but why give them the chance.
                  I wrote a Post about an ugly woman last night, one that was seeing my best friend, over now, I'd not ask that type of question again, as it had a whole lot of mostly woman up in arms, they didn't read the thing in its entirety, just focussed on the I don't like ugly woman, which was never what I said.
                  Just can't get how people set themselves up. Then say look what has happened.

16. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

G'day Earnest,
    Still doing the odd bit of smiting I see lol

Getting right back on track again now.
    For some people, baiting Christians is neither a hobby or a sport.

It's a vocation!

Like it is for many Christians to try to convert non Christians.
    But the Christians are far more organised.

The Non Christians are just an uncouth rabble. Look at Earnest here, and Mr. Knowles, and the rest of their pitiful rag tag army.

Don't you think that if there WERE a God, he would have taken these idiots out long ago? lol

Therefore, I respectfully submit that this is proof that there is no God. cool lol

Game, Set, Match.
    Cheers,
    Eric G.

Wouldn't it be more fun to let the idiots continue to make fools of themselves as long as possible? Then when all is said and done and the idiots are completely full of themselves and smug and smirking, reveal that they're wrong?

2. earnestshub profile image80

Any more out of you Graudins and we'll tow that bloody Island even further out to sea! smile

Oh don't do that.
        It's already expensive enough to cross that bit of water.

Although the prospect of being a bit further away from you is attractive! lol

Cutting Eric! Dark and cutting! lol

17. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Baiting is for fishing, either in a pond, river, stream, lake or ocean.

Christians don't need bait.

Usually, they are the bait and the non-believer/atheists, are the only doing the 'fishing', per se.

It's neither a hobby or a sport for me, for which, I have no religious connection at all. I've learned by walking the path they walk and finding the end of the road, for which, has nothing at the end, except for death.

The only reason people choose to believe in "GOD" is so that they themselves can feel good about themselves, even if they really are not helping better society, as a whole.

Many go out of their way to assure those who choose not to believe as they do, so as to inform others of their damnation, should they not heed their words.

That is ridiculous in and of itself, because neither they nor does anyone else, know for a FACT what if anything comes after death. They all assume their life is eternal, because they read it in a book that told them if they believe that their soul/spirit would be save, after death.

Which is another ridiculous thought, all by itself. smile

I don't think that's true.

I agree. In an earlier post I noted that both sides have antagonists.

I agree. No one knows for a fact if there's anything after death or if God exists.

But attacking the weak is simply bullying when there's no provocation at the time.

18. nikki1 profile image61
    nikki1posted 14 years ago

Speaking as a Christian. Its rather disappointing to be baited. I personally take it as bullying. It would be appreciated if it would stop.
    Thank you, have a great day.

19. Sara Tonyn profile image60

Ah! The reinforcements have arrived. lol

Reinforcements? Oh - that is right - you are fighting a war against those who do not subscribe to your ridiculous belief system. Sorry - how could I forget your god is so pathetic he needs people to fight on his behalf?

Silly me. wink

Sure - if you read it in a book - it is just hearsay and exactly the same as believing in the invisible super being. That what you want to hear? lol

Wow, being as cocky and condescending as you are, maybe you should have at least taken the time to find out where I stand before you began your standard ridicule routine.

I'm not a believer.

I'm just questioning why non-believers find it necessary and so much fun to bully believers even when there was no provocation at the time.

I don't care whether you believe or not. I added a quote from a  author that was absolutely appropriate to the discussion and you made a smart arse comment about reinforcements arriving.

Cocky and condescending? Are you sure I am not just "right." ?

I'm sure you think you're right.

The reinforcements comment was meant in a friendly manner. You don't want to know how I would have referred to you if I were being a smart arse.

Please go ahead. Is it better than cocky or condescending? Or at least more inventive...... smile

I'm not interested in trading insults.

I'd just like to understand why some non-believers feel it's necessary to start unprovoked attacks on believers.

If it'll make you feel better, I could ask a similar question of believers.

Well - I can only answer for myself.

I do not consider any attack I might make on christian dogma (whichever version) as unprovoked. It is clearly driven by fear and false.

There would be no such word as a-theism in our vocabulary if not for the noisy, aggressive spread of religionism and the ongoing statement that there is a god and he has a set of rules for us to follow.

No one telling me there is a god? I do not say there is not or make any attacks on their dogma/beliefs/whatever you want to call it.

I'm not talking about attacking Christian dogma, I'm talking about attacking the Christians themselves. (Note the title of this thread.)

Eh? Isn't that the exact opposite of what you just said above?

Am I misunderstanding something?

haha. wow. Glutteas cranium gone maximus at its best.

1. sooner than later profile image61

what I thought was confusion might be a medical condition.

2. aguasilver profile image70
          aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's called a contentious spirit:

Proverbs 26:20-21 (New King James Version)

Where there is no wood, the fire goes out;
          And where there is no talebearer, strife ceases.
          As charcoal is to burning coals, and wood to fire,
          So is a contentious man to kindle strife.

Best to ignore it.

Proverbs 27 15:

A continual dripping on a very rainy day
          And a contentious woman are alike;
          Whoever restrains her restrains the wind,
          And grasps oil with his right hand.

Ok that verse says woman, but insert man and you have the same meaning...

Tt's a waste of time trying to converse with someone who can ONLY pour scorn and never listens or answers...

20. profile image52
    balbibeeliposted 14 years ago

hi dear sara how r u i like you

21. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Well, we are going to have to agree to disagree. I favor mocking as an approach for several reasons.

I am planning on selling dinosaur hunting trips to China to christian groups from the mid West. I see a lot of potential in this.

Mocking again - I know...... lol

22. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

A humane and sustainable way of harvesting them.  Trawling with nets produces higher yields, but also removes thoughtful agnostics - a highly-valued endangered species.

23. profile image0
    Marliza Gunterposted 14 years ago

been reading all these comments...gees...what a long and winding road!...ok, so you get the children of light, the children of darkness and then you get the crossbreeds...the children of darkness will never come and sit close to the children of light..not even for a quarrel...cause they cant stand the light...but you'll find them with their own kind...but the crossbreeds...its them who you will find constantly drawing near to the light...even if they can argue any matter...just to hide the fact that they communicate with the children of light... wink

Do I qualify as a crossbreed then? smile

Honestly, I find both sides extremely interesting -- and both annoying as can be at times. lol

Seriously though, it's too bad it's so difficult to have intelligent discussions about the differences between the two when 'extremists' (for lack of a better word) on either side turn conversations into war zones. I understand the issue is highly emotional so it doesn't take much to light a fuse. How to reduce the emotion, or at least set it aside for a while is the question. And I certainly don't have the answer! The best I can do is try to put out a fire here and there without starting one of my own. big_smile

The thing that keeps me hopeful peaceful discussions are possible is the fact that both sides have some extremely intelligent people. If you've read the thread from the beginning I'm sure you've seen examples of that. Hopefully they can help 'rein in' their side's extremists a bit. smile

1. TheGlassSpider profile image65

I wish more people thought of it that way. Wanna build a "crossbreed couch"? smile

Absolutely! Hmm. I wonder how many people it will need to hold?

(Dibs on the left end! lol)

24. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

Seems to have become an event.

25. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

I myself think I laugh at the baiters more than they could ever laugh at me. Some of the intellectual gymnastics they perform in this forum are quite pretzly.

They can be a riot when they get going.

And the funny part is, they actually think they have proved something to someone after they recite and build their puzzle peice science kits, and humanistic philosophies.

1. Mitch Rapp profile image61
      Mitch Rappposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They do get a little testy don't they? I think that comes from never being fully convinced of their own argument.

1. TMMason profile image61
        TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree.

2. terced ojos profile image60

"Pretzly?"....ROFLMAO....."Pretzly?"...Heh..heh.hehe...LMAO....stop it, stop it...i'm friggin cryin over here.....ROFLMAO....say it again...pleeez..."Pretzly".....ROFLMAO......LMAO....lol...lol..lol..lo.......aaaaaah. sigh. smile

smile Anytime. C'mon back. I'll be here all week.

all week?

I wouldn't want to wear out my welcome hun.

say what?? i was asking a question as in how come all week?? see thats the thing about chat forums is u cant hear a persons tone therfore it is so easy to miss understand what one is saying or asking lol

3. terced ojos profile image60

I'm sorry. When you can't hear someones tone it's hard to know how they meant something.  I wanted to tell you that your post was apropos; that is to say I agree with you. It's just that I got this funny visual along with the word "pretzly"...HeHe...LOL...God I'm gonna start laughing again....SIGH...ok...i'm good.  I wasn't laughing at you. It's just that the metaphor, hmmm or is it a simile...I don't know if "pretzly" is either....ROFLMAO....LMAO........heheheheheh...haha....LOL>>>>>LOL......oh God ....stop it............Very good word.....very good...and again I'm not laughing at you. It's an excellent word and I hope you don't mind me using it. Sincerely. big_smile

26. earnestshub profile image80

I just love the scared little boy defences! No one will ever change my belief and all that bravado type talk is amusing!
    The funniest thing is the argument about truth.

The entire structure of science and scientific method is a only a joke!
    The truth is it is all controlled by the dead guy in a book through his ghost and his father, who just hates everybody and wants them dead or tortured if they do not follow his hate trail.
    It makes so much sense! lol lol lol
    You must be sooo confident in your beliefs! lol
    In case you haven't noticed, non-believers don't seem to feel the same need to create hundreds of crazed threads screaming about how a fairy is gonna wipe out those that don't believe in it.
    You are a riot and this should be a comedy sketch!

1. Mitch Rapp profile image61
      Mitch Rappposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You just POST on those hundreds of "crazed threads" that makes you better how?

27. sooner than later profile image61
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

who are you talking to earnest. Me? wink

Yeh, bring it on big boy! lol

I thought you knew that I was strait. sorry. happily married with grown kids. Good luck though

28. tantrum profile image59

lol lol
    this is still going on.
    And a lot of baiting fulfilled.

29. marinealways24 profile image58
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

How is it possible to bait a Christian? I thought God leads Christians to the truth. Why didn't God tell them that they were being baited?

30. Sara Tonyn profile image60

earnest --

Just a couple of quick there's-no-wrong-answer questions for you.

Do you believe there absolutely is no god, no supernatural entity of any kind?

Or do you allow that there is a possibility of  some type of god but you completely reject the Christian god?

I want to be sure I understand your position correctly.  smile

I am an ex religionist, bought up with a religious mother who was big on the fire and brimstone, as most religionists are when they want to control and claim it is "god speaking."
      I have knowledge of science, religion, psychology and brain chemistry.
      I believe that Carl Jung had part of the answer in :religiosity of soul. I need no belief in god to understand soul or spirit.
      I believe that people like Lawrence Krauss have a far better handle on life than any religionist does.
      I subscribe to beliefs found on the BLTC site regarding sentient life, and believe the proof of brain chemistry affecting behavior as proved in the case of prairy moles. I think David Attenborough's time frames are likely to be very close, and am gobsmacked at the ignorance by choice of religions. smile
      I do not believe wild conspiracy theories, that the Government is out to get me or that fairies live in the sky and control our lives.
      There is no proof of a god ever, it is a psychological need. smile
      That the bible was written should not surprise students of the human condition. Does that help? smile

Yes, but "I don't believe in a god of any kind" would have sufficed.  wink  lol

Oh! OK. smile

It helps me alot. Now, should I take the time to tear down your education that you have recieved as you attempt on so many others? It would be easy to do. it actually surprises me that you would expose your soft underside like this after all of your 'god hate speaches'- reminds me of a native creature to a dry forgotten place they call australia, named a hedgehog.

lol You couldn't tear yur undies! lol Not too scared of you as an "intellectual giant" lol
          A legend in your own loungeroom! What did I get wrong? Was it the bit about the sky fairies? lol

I just want to rub the soft belly of a hedgehog now.

31. pigfish profile image61
    pigfishposted 14 years ago

Thank you for waking up my sense of humor.  Sometimes it dozes off.  "For the people of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own kind than are the people of the light" Jesus said that.  Luke 16:8 (TNIV)

32. earnestshub profile image80

I just love the way you expose who you are in bringing nationality and non native animals into it. lol

I didn't have time to google search it like you did. sorry. lol

while you are at it, look up 'cane toad' haha

33. profile image0

Alright, alright, alright! What did God say to the atheist? Take the stairs down it'll give you a chance to get used to the weather.

I don't remember that! lol

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, he said it in the Book of Escalator.

lol I bet that book is worth reading.

1. profile image0

Well, it IS light reading for the trip. lol

I hope it helps !
              lol

1. profile image0

I'm not too warm and fuzzy about THAT. lol

But it will !
                  Light reading for finding the Light...or delight tongue

1. profile image0

And straight on into the night.... big_smile

2. profile image0

Just another bad Dad joke.smile

34. tantrum profile image59

I like the way you put it !

Me too. I was a devout bible student at one time, and the stories about JC are pretty benign on the whole in my view, even if I do believe the stories preceded the man and were from times past as some of the bible stories appear to date back a lot further than the bible itself. smile

35. tantrum profile image59

We don't need to get our house in order. We don't have to stand before any God.
    and as we know the Bible we know perfectly well how you have to behave

Exactly! smile

2. profile image0

Thats a bold statement for a brave new world!(without God of course)

A brave New World has to be without God.
        God < fear

36. earnestshub profile image80

When it comes to reciting scripture I have two words for you.
    Ned Flanders! smile The kids and wife are a riot too! lol

37. restoremyheart profile image59
    restoremyheartposted 14 years ago

I believe for some it is both!

38. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

According to several of my past life memories as a Roman citizen, it's both a hobby AND a sport. 

According to my lone past life memory as a Christian in Rome, it's pain.  Being lunch smarts a bit.

According to my two past life memories as lions, it's both lunch--obvious--and substitution for the folks we'd really like to get our fangs into, namely the Roman buggers that caught us and put us in cages prior to hitting the Arena.

But what do I know?  lol

39. earnestshub profile image80

It is the christians who lay the bait! lol
    How many atheist forums are there? lol

40. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Prayers in schools:  Are the atheists forum?

Sorry, Earnest.  Couldn't resist.  lol

smile Hey ghost how's the house comin on mate? smile

41. Unchained Grace profile image60
    Unchained Graceposted 14 years ago

Since baiting Christians appears to be the playground of those with nothing better to do, who then is considered the master baiter?

Well, the christians start a thread baiting the non believers, then the non believers unhappy with the usual "Why god is" type threads or the "You are gonna rot in hell" type threads have a say, then the religionists say all science is blah, no one in the world knows anything at all unless they believe in a god... their god... and non believers don't like that so.........

1. Unchained Grace profile image60

So, in the final analysis, there is no master baiter. How disappointing.

42. Unchained Grace profile image60

This is a real shame. I was hoping, given the topic title, that
    I would get to meet this great intellectual icon.

43. Unchained Grace profile image60

Oh, well. Another grand illusion down the drain. What a pity.
    Well, since my hopes and dreams have been dashed to the pavement at the thought of meeting this mystical grand master of baiting, I may as well go elsewhere.

Well, you could call me the master baiter, but I usually work in private. wink

1. Rod Marsden profile image68
        Rod Marsdenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just as long as you work...

44. Rod Marsden profile image68
    Rod Marsdenposted 14 years ago

Allowing Christians to take themselves too seriously may mean the end of civilization as we know it! A horrible thought. We don't want a repeat of the crusades now do we? We don't want any more mini-wars that cost heap either...

1. Unchained Grace profile image60

That would be far too costly and in the end wouldn't get anyone much farther along anyhow. Civilization as we know it ain't all that anyhow so what would we really be losing?

1. Rod Marsden profile image68
        Rod Marsdenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe our lives...We might be losing our lives! Holding onto what we have of civilization has got to be better than taking up the cross and going totally nuts. Just because others have taken up other religions and gone completely insane doesn't mean we should follow or get Christians to go bananas.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)