Success On Hubpage - How much have you earned so far.

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (56 posts)
  1. Abodabt profile image55
    Abodabtposted 14 years ago

I joined hubpages not too long ago and have heard of many successes on hubpages, can any loving hubber share his/her experience and how much he has made so far. I read about Nelle Hoxie's hub on How I made $7,500 in 2009 with HubPages, and that motivated me to start writing on hubpages. I loved hubs that I've read so far. Thanks to all Hubbers and hubpages staff.

Abodabtposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How can I get followers

1. darkside profile image66
        darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Already you've put the cart before the horse.

Write and publish quality content. The rest will come. By itself.

Thanks darkside, am gonna write quality content as time permit.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well, my Adsense is: Total estimated earnings $162.34

and my Amazon is: $37.47

i haven't had time to write much these days, but i am sure when i do, those figures will rise a little.

2. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

$0.00

hope you'll earn money someday

1. tobey100 profile image61
        tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not really worried about it.  I love the writing.

Some write without the mindset of making money, and I admire that!

Abodabt, don't get me wrong.  I'm not that astheticly minded.  If someone wants to pay to read my stuff, I can make change for a $100.

Sorry, but that great. Gotta follow you

3. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 14 years ago

I have earned pretty good for the effort I have time to put into it , wish I had more , there is a nice potental to make money here though , you just need to keep on writing, the more you write the more poetntial you have to make da bucks smile

No if Adsense kicks ya out for whatever reason.

2. Abodabt profile image55

Ya

4. profile image0
    blatvaposted 14 years ago

I think I've netted... $0.31?  Lawl. I hope to be able to make writing an income source one day, But for now I'm just trying to build better skills. And maybe even some friends

5. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Not as much as I had hoped to by this time, but lately things are looking up better.  I hope to have something worth reporting by this time next year.  smile

@Toby:  Amazon is still available to you, and there are other affiliates out there you could work with, if that is your sort of thing.

6. Jeffrey Neal profile image67
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

I am just shy of $100 between adsense and Amazon.

Wow, you can buy more stuffs with 100 bucks.

7. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

I give all my earnings to hubpages. smile

That's good of you!

8. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

$8.55 to date with amazon and over £10 with ad sense (I am in the UK)

Since I am in the UK I did put my payout with amazon at $1000 so that it is a nice amount when earned and converted to £'s

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm assuming you mean $100?

9. Shil1978 profile image87
    Shil1978posted 14 years ago

Well, in the 2 years I've been around, have made approx $60.

You've been here for 2 years and earn $60, that is somehow not good.

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Im not sure how you intended that, perhaps Ive read you wrong, but...thats sort of not a nice thing to say?

Ok.

1. profile image0

looks like shili didnt care. smile none of my business..sorry..

1. Shil1978 profile image87
              Shil1978posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, just the way I approach things - don't take things to heart or feel sad easily. But, hey, I appreciate what you did, that was so nice, thanks smile

1. profile image0

well, I get the idea Abodabt really didnt mean anything by it. I just thought...perhaps someone should point it out before someone else got nasty..as I dont know you...?...I need to mind my own business..this sort of thing ALWYAS gets me in trouble...

your welcome.  smile

and you have a great attitude.

1. Shil1978 profile image87

Hey, thanks again for the compliment. Well, it happens to all of us, doesn't it? Most of us are just too eager to speak up for someone sometimes. In real life, you do get into trouble sometimes, but out here, it is pretty harmless so its cool smile

Thus true!

2. Shil1978 profile image87

Lol - I know, but then again I am not an expert in keyword research and SEO, which a lot of other hubbers are good at. I don't pick topics on how much the keywords pay. I just write on topics that interest me. It works for a lot of other hubbbers, so don't go by my experience!!

No problem Shili1978

10. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://www.watoday.com.au/ffximage/2009/03/13/hef_narrowweb__300x445,0.jpg

It's a bit of a grind, but I'm scratching out a living.

11. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

4 hubs 0.01$. Game On.

12. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

lol lol RON!!  hahahahah.

13. Karina S. profile image59
    Karina S.posted 14 years ago

almost $100

14. marcel285 profile image65
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

$3.26 from adsense, $0 from amazon

..Once you get your first $100 from google, then does your content tend to increase in value, and funds build faster???

15. efeguy profile image42
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

not made a lot,just some few click,but the important thing is it as help me in writing.

keep writing and visit the forum and make your views followers will come

16. Petra Vlah profile image59
    Petra Vlahposted 14 years ago

Where do you check to see if you made any money?

I did not sign up for adsense so I suppose I will never make any money, but will be fun to know where to look

1. Ivorwen profile image65
      Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You must have an adsense or amazon account to make money.  Ebay, if you can get it.

17. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

People who make a lot of money on Hubpages won't tell you because they fear being copied. Mark Knowles reckoned he made nearly 15,000 dollars in 2009 and there is no reason to think that he didn't.

This stuff about writing quality hubs is all well and good as a starting point (badly written pages won't do well) but the real issue is learning to find keywords, getting traffic then learning to monetize.

I hear people say don't obsess about keywords. I couldn't agree less. Obsess! Learn how to use the external Google adwords tool and explore every one of its features (there is nothing in that tool that it isn't valuable). Get SEOquake for firefox to have an idea of the strength of your competition. Learn to recognise the first pages of Google that have keywords a hub will dominate (SEOquake gives you page rank but also look out for top blogs and websites that a hub will never displace). Watch out for social trends and new areas of mass interest. See which other hubs are successful and analyse the reasons for their success.

Sorry I'm in a didactic mood today. Tomorrow I will be a jellyfish.

Thanks, I got to learn more on SEO!

18. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I joined back in April...didn't start earning until May and I got my first payout in June (I missed it in May by $5 or something like that lol)

To date, my earnings are as follows:

$1,154.85 on Adsense

$398.32 on Amazon

and several hundred across a few other sites via referrals, etc.

I am currently making around $200 a month without doing much work at all at this point. It's really nice because I'm a super busy college student. I built up my hubs in the summer when I had time to do a LOT of writing.

Before I started to write I did countless hours of research on SEO. If you want to earn money on here, I would do research first, it saves a lot of time.

Unfortunately money is not going to magically come just from writing a lot of content.

Good luck! smile

great, you're making pretty much money here.

2. Karina S. profile image59
      Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Congratulation!

3. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, you did manage to establish a stream of residual income in less than a year. That's an accomplishment that not many in online marketing achieve. I don't know what your major is, but you are a natural at this!

1. profile image0
        girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Nelle! I appreciate it. I think some of this stuff does simply come naturally. But to be fair, I used to be a business marketing major before I switched to legal studies and my childhood didn't hurt things, either.

My father runs his own business, so from a very young age I spent a lot of time being in that environment. He used to own an antique shop and I spent a lot of time there. My mom reminisces quite frequently about a comment I made when I was 4 to one of his clients - "Nice stuff, isn't it?" The guy ended up buying a 10k clock and I got a nice commission (for a 4 year old, anyways...hahaha)

I think I've had a pretty eclectic life thus far (politics, traveling, business, science, etc.) so it really enables me to write about anything that is somewhat profitable and I am thankful for that!

19. skye69 profile image73
    skye69posted 14 years ago

I haven't spent a lot of time on hubpages since I joined(I only have 9 hubs) but I have made some money from what I did do(about $40) so I plan to spend a lot more time on my hubpages.  I see how much others are making so I am going to use how many hubpages they did as a goal for me to reach.  I see people who joined when I did with over a hundred hubpages so I think I better start focusing more and getting more work done so I can start making more money like they have.

Hope you get more time!

20. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

48 USD adsense and amazon,

21. liswilliams profile image42
    liswilliamsposted 14 years ago

almost a month since my first hub and I've made $1.50 from Adsense. I noticed more clicks recently now that I have more backlinks

1. Richmond Peprah profile image55
      Richmond Peprahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it ok, nice

22. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

not a dime .

23. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Doing quite well considering I only have 30+ hubs, am expecting a cheque shortly.

24. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

According to the poll on my earnings Hub, over 60% of respondents say they make less than $10 per month from their Hubs.

earnings poll

The next time I update the poll, I think I have to add a second one that asks how long the person has been at HubPages, as that info would give a clearer picture.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)