I would never die for God.

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (50 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

The thing is...if this "God" didn't want to kill me or didn't make anyone who believes it want to kill more or take away my rights as a human, or if this "God" accepted me just as I am, then I would you believe it?

I understand thier God like this;
    while the assumption that God is a literal man up in the clouds is not something that in reality could be considered even a sane belief, but that is my opinion;  However,  when it comes to understanding the way this God may possibly exist, I put it to you this way.

Considering evolution; we know by what it had produced and we understand it by how it works.  By this I mean, we cannot literally see evolution, just like you cannot literally see this guy up in the sky, but its been given a label so that you can understand it.  Hope you follow what I am saying here.

Likewise,

Considering God; we can know it by what it produces but understand it by how it works.  By this I mean, we cannot literally see God, just like we cannot literally see evolution, but it is given a label so that you can understand it.  Hope you follow what I am saying here.

So my thoughts go like this; In this way God does exist, but it exist through the manifestation of the people who believe it.  Thereby this entity that cannot be seen for what it actually is, just as a singularity for the entire existence for anything at all cannot be seen for what it actually is...

So what these people have created in thier minds about what God is, has manifest into reality, as it does not actually exist, but in the human being is the ability to do what this God has asked them to do and in this way it does exist.

My "fear" is because what a believer lacks in understanding, is thier willingness to destroy the things that are on accounts of something that they make happen.  Never will they believe that they have all thier own authority to stop this "maddess" had they used any sound reasoning to see that they are what they believe but non of which will tell you, that they are the Gods of their own delusion. 

Scarry????  Hell yeah, God scares the piss out of me, not because I believe God will come down and hurt me, but I do believe that the believers in this will. 

Had the believers never intended or even elluded to such groteque tactics as killing, worship by force or brainwashing or any other dispicable thing that they do, I would have probably been convinced through the manifestion of love and peace that this "God" exist.

1. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You dont know God.

1. teachingpriest profile image61
        teachingpriestposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree with him...

1. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

So you are saying that you would give your life for me, aw you are so sweet.  Cheers, you didn't read the hole thead did you.  I am sure if you did you would be saying that niether Mohit knows God too.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
            Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Anyone who opens a weeks-dead thread to leave a one liner is here to preach his version lol

2. mohitmisra profile image61

Sandra is a seeker who has had a spiritual experience,she is well on her path to becoming one with the light or god ,its a question of time.She has good understanding of many spiritual truths. smile

1. profile image0

thanks Mo. smile

2. Ben Bush profile image60
      Ben Bushposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sandra,
      You mention God being manifest on this earth through His Believers. How is evolution manifested?

1. profile image0

manifest-

1. readily perceived by the eye or the understanding; evident; obvious; apparent; plain: a manifest error. v

2. Psychoanalysis. of or pertaining to conscious feelings, ideas, and impulses that contain repressed psychic material: the manifest content of a dream as opposed to the latent content that it conceals.

It doesn't take people to make evolution manifest, it takes people to manifest God.
        Or in otherwords, people are the product of evolution, God is the product of man.  wink

So God doesnt exist and the universe just came into being and is still functioning with ridiculous accuracy which keeps blowing the human mind

1. profile image0

yes

ok since you insist smile

2. dingdong profile image57
    dingdongposted 15 years ago

I like the title and your thoughts smile

1. profile image0

Thanks dingdong, I love your screen name.  smile

1. dingdong profile image57
        dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, derived it from rhymes ding dong bell but never thought 'dingdong' has more meanings wink

3. Milla Mahno profile image59
    Milla Mahnoposted 15 years ago

Hey sister, don't be scared, better listen to Bobby McFerrin, the wisest man on the planet wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjnvSQuv-H4

1. profile image0

thanks, that was pleasant.  smile

4. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 15 years ago

I would never die for God!  Hmmmm?

Imagine the love a mother has for it's child - of course a truly loving mother that loves unconditionally.  That passion of love is pure nectar.  Imagine that feeling 100 fold or more.  The feeling is the clue, there are no thoughts to this, no judgments at all.  A total state of magnificent nectar.  If the child was ripped away from the mother, what would the mother do?

Forget the thoughtform that God is not the same as this feeling of nectar.  Someone/something put a name to this beautiful state of being as God.  It's a name.  Shove the name God wherever you want it to be shoved.  But the feeling is the state of being in Union - that's a universal standard.  Paradoxes being that you would never have any reason to kill if you were in it.  But take the child from the mother and you may have a different answer.

Interestingly one doesn't need to obey the nectar but combiness with it.

Very nice smile

2. profile image0

Not sure what you are elluding to but, I would die for my kid anyday, I would die for people whether they believe in God or not or God of a different name I don't care. 

Anyways, as the story goes, this girl Sandra says, "why not just stop killing altogether?"  She said,  what about the innocent baby left behind because his/her parents were shot down in the crossfire....

She says, if you don't want that to happen to you, then why would you do it to them?

And I will say again, I will not die for God.  If you believe that God is love, then show me love othewise whateva!  lol

wink

1. Jewels profile image83
        Jewelsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps there are different notions of what God is.  I, personally, don't see God as separate from myself, so would I kill to defend myself - probably yes, I'd give it a go.  It may depend on how much I love myself and how willing I am to fight for my life in this lifetime. A mother sees/feels her child is a part of herself, something born of her own body.  How beautiful an analogy to show there is  no difference than a divine presence producing you from itself.

I do question however, current 'religious' wars, have anything to do with a sense of God, or that feeling.  I am generalizing, because unless I'm closer to people (it's not so easy over the internet) it's difficult to sense where peoples motivation is coming from.  You know (you just fucking know) when people are coming from a high space of integrity.

"She says, if you don't want that to happen to you, then why would you do it to them?" This statement sounds like an eye for an eye - and really has nothing to do with fighting for "God."

1. profile image0

excellent.  absolutely, I concure.  smile

God is love and love is god.Also to now God you need to die wink

5. Jewels profile image83

Ben you said:

"You mention God being manifest on this earth through His Believers. How is evolution manifested?"

What's this got to do with the price of fish and whether someone would die for God?

1. Ben Bush profile image60

Jewels, that's not for you to know at this time.
      All you need to know is, "'God' has a question for Sandra."big_smile:

Actually Sandra brought up the issue by stating that the idea of the existence of God is manifested through their own belief. God is real because people make Him real in their own minds and their manner of life.

She also mentioned this reality over and against Evolution and our present physical reality. I was simply asking her how Evolution manifested itself since its proponents would say that our present physical reality is a result of evolution.

1. Jewels profile image83
        Jewelsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

"Not for me to know at this time"?  Well pat my head!   I'm not a puppy!  Your question still is not making sense to me.  The existence of God - of course it's manifest through the minds of people.  How else is it manifest?  Evolution - is that only measurable through our actions and who we BE as humans?  You can talk physical evolution and the changing of our height and weight and length and qualify of life as an organism, or spiritual evolution.  Have we progressed in virtuous actions?  Are we any closer to being honest and tolerant.  Has our consciousness become such that we can see and feel when the person next door to us doesn't have enough to eat or is having trouble paying their gas bill?  Have we progressed enough to be the best we can be in spite of the challenges life brings.

Sandra, if I'm off the mark in reference to your idea of evolution, please let me know.

6. Jewels profile image83

Sandra said:

"So my thoughts go like this; In this way God does exist, but it exist through the manifestation of the people who believe it.  Thereby this entity that cannot be seen for what it actually is, just as a singularity for the entire existence for anything at all cannot be seen for what it actually is...

So what these people have created in thier minds about what God is, has manifest into reality, as it does not actually exist, but in the human being is the ability to do what this God has asked them to do and in this way it does exist."

TOTALLY SPOT ON.  So much is lost in translation.  God never asked me to do anything, I didn't get any memo. Did anyone get a memo from God telling them what they had to do?

"No point in dying for a God you've been told about - you then die for all the wrong reasons.  Die for the God inside yourself and I can respect you for it."  (Quote from Jewels. Must add that to my list.)

You are brilliant smile

7. Andrew0208 profile image57
    Andrew0208posted 15 years ago

It's really funny when I hear people say there's no God or He doesn't exist. Why? A child or an adult telling people he never had any parents, mother or father

Its the way the world is made. wink

8. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

Dear Mohit,

If God said to you, Mohit, I want you to chose between Me (God) and Sandra (unenlightened human)...

Given everything you know about God and his will, who would you choose?

Sandra,
      Since Evolution produced man, who would evolution select through Mohit? You or God?

1. profile image0

Who did Jesus die for?

The whole world

1. profile image0

Am I part of the world?

What is the world?

1. profile image0

rotflmao!!!!! smile smile smile

Which definition do you want?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/world

there is too many.  smile

That depends on which one you are a part of.smile

1. profile image0

Which one was Jesus part of?

Excellent point.
          I have left everything my family incuding to become poet and spread the message of the light.In one way I am your servant. smile or gods servant-same thing. smile

Dear Sandra
      He never will.We are actually one.When and if I choose you I am choosing myself and God-One.You are a Goddess yet to be awakened smile  also believe since you are a seeker you will see the light smile there has to be a reason you were allowed to see the eagle-I think its a preperation by the cosmos. smile

1. profile image0

True, God would never ask you to do that.  Maybe you are a little wiser than I gave you credit for.  You are so much sweeter when you are making sense.  And I am amazed that you had enough courage to answer the question and yip.

Chosing me is the same as chosing yourself and the same as chosing Jesus, or God. 

Good Job! 

Maybe others will take note, that Jesus die for people not for God, and it was for the love of Gods people that Jesus also loved, and as a human who loves like Jesus, a human should also chose people. 

Thanks Mohit.  smile

My pleasure Sandra,do understand that I love you wether I agree with you on certain things or not.Here we agree and I am happy smile

Nothing can serve save it be served by serving.
            Nothing can be served except it serves servin. Mikhael Naimy-The Book Of Mirdad

2. dingdong profile image57
          dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, if GOD exists wink

God exists and is just toooooooooooooooooo beautiful wink

9. quicksand profile image80
    quicksandposted 15 years ago

Hi Mohit!

It some cases, people are vexed by the injustices that are occurring all around without any form of divine intervention. 

They feel if GOD did exist, he should come to the rescue and intervene and create a happy ending. "He does not do that. So let us all deny his existence. That should teach him a lesson."

To us mortals, the fact that GOD does take a long time to "show up" is not acceptable. Although the awareness of the existence of a GOD is engraved into the sub consciousness of all mortals, those who want quick results and solutions to problems react this way.

Personally, only now I am reaping the benefits of an "injustice" that occurred to me 12 years ago. Thank GOD for that!

Have a nice day! smile

What is called a blessing in disguise.God has the ultimate sense of humour .
      Have a nice day too. smile

What is called a blessing in disguise.God has the ultimate sense of humour .
      Have a nice day too. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)