If there is a God, Why can we not see Him?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (106 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

If there is a God, Why can we not see Him?

Iwould first like to remove one misconception
    which commonly besets people with regard to
    the existence of God. If there is a God, why are
    we not able to see Him? This is hardly a new
    question, and we have heard it from time
    immemorial. The Holy Quran tells us that the same
    question was put to the Holy Prophetsa by the nonbelievers
    of Arabia. (Bani Isra’il 17:93)
    Whenever I hear people raising this question, I feel
    sorry for them.

It is such a pity that when man
    stumbles and his reason becomes blunted by the
    veils of indifference, he starts denying even the
    self-evident truths. When this objection was raised
    in the past—however absurd and baseless it was—
    it had the potential to deceive some ignorant
    people.

But what surprises me is that this objection
    should be raised in the present age! I am truly
    astonished at the intellect of people who use such
    objections to justify their denial of God. But as it is
    a common objection, I will proceed to answer it,
    albeit briefly.

There are different ways of learning about things.
    For instance, we learn by sight, sound, taste, smell,
    texture, or movement. All information we derive
    from the various senses, have the same degree of
    authenticity and credibility.

We cannot demand
    that we must learn about something through a
    particular sense, or else we shall deny its very
    existence. The eyes, for example, are the medium
    for perceiving different colours; the nose is used
    for discerning different smells; and, the ears are for
    hearing sounds.

Would it not be sheer insanity to
    insist that unless we could see a certain smell with
    our eyes, or smell a particular colour with our nose,
    or feel a particular sound with our hands, we shall
    not believe that it exists?

Whoever makes such
    demands would be considered insane, and if
    perchance he is not sent to the lunatic asylum, he
    will certainly become a laughing stock for the
    street urchins. Strange to say, people raise such
    objections about God all the time and are still
    considered wise!

Do they find nothing other than
    God to make the object of their mockery?

http://www.alislam.org/library/books/OurGod.pdf

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, you have it the wrong way round, it is insane to insist that something exists when it has never been shown to exist.

In other words, if you state something exists, then everyone else is insane because they don't believe you, and should be sent to a lunatic asylum or be a laughing stock.

Yes, lunatic asylums are full of people who don't believe in invisible entities. lol

smile

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Things which exist very naturally, around the world, are believed very naturally; one does not ask for their proof. A Truthful Theist believes in Creator-God Allah YHWH very natually the He exists.

1. profile image0
          jomineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And belief brings existence!!
          lol
          I wholeheartedly "believe" there is an ice-cream cone that touches the sky.
          Though I can't see it, as I believe it, it might be existing!!

2. Beelzedad profile image58

Yes, I understand theists like yourself don't need any proof to believe in your gods, yet you turn to your holy books for your so-called proof.

In other words, you are lying based on your posts here. smile

1. mohitmisra profile image60
            mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The laws of gravity were discovered around 300 years back, ,so are you saying because it didn't exist in science  its illogical to say gravity existed before that?

Science is still discovering laws or truths which already exist, they are not creating these laws, they are discovering these intelligent laws

Funny how you create a strawman fallacy and then imply it's one that I created.

That's nice. I'm glad. smile

2. profile image51

Well said mohit. Thanks

1. mohitmisra profile image60
                mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks paarsurrey  smile
                If its an intelligent debate without slang and abuse they cant win wink

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
                  Jesus was a hippyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I dont know what is more disconcerting. The fact that you posted a strawman as if it has any relevance to the point in question, or the fact that you got a compliment for posting it.

2. profile image51

Very sure, indeed

3. profile image0
              Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.

2. Apostle Jack profile image60
        Apostle Jackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can't see the wind,but you can see the reaction of it.You can't see,"Spoken Words"be fore they are written down,but you can feel the affects of them.That is the way God is.Unseen,but active.

3. Apostle Jack profile image60

How can you prove that He don't exist.I say the He do and have evidence one on one concerning Him.Can you prove otherwise?No,you can't.So there goes your none existence theory.

You can say the same thing about leprechauns and unicorns and arrive at the exact same conclusion. So what?

smile

1. Apostle Jack profile image60

When you tell me I don't have what I have,and can't prove it,you make yourself look bad.I speak on a personal concept about my God's existence in this world.I have no doubt what so ever.Can you prove me to be a liar?
            If not,then your none existent God theory is nothing but crap.

1. profile image51

Again, your argument is no different from someone claiming leprechauns exist.

Show me your god and I'll agree with you. smile

You are,or maybe one of those that will never come to believe.God is already here in many presentations of our existence.Only some are meant to see and understand it.

Ah yes, the "I am Special" argument. smile

You are right,some people are.

2. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's all in your mind.
      You've already made the assumption a god exists, even though it's unseen. Thus, you're not removing a misconception. You are just perpetuating the hoax.
      You would be correct, it's not a new question. However, it's just as irrelevant as religion.
      Quoting from junk religion isn't going to help you.
      And, every time you open your mouth to spout about a god, others feel sorry for you, because you cannot be responsible enough to accept your life and truth about it.
      If you saw a self-evident truth, I'm not even sure you are intelligent to actually recognize it.
      Baseless is pulling something from religion, such as a god, when one isn't required for living or understanding life.
      I'm sure you are surprised. It would be nothing new. However, the probability of a god existing to begin with, with present knowledge, is non-existent. It's a shame you don't understand that or cannot fathom it.
      There isn't a denial of a god. The probability is non-existent.
      Actually, you cannot answer it and any attempt to bring a non-existent probable god into reality, shows how much you lack in knowledge.
      See, you lack knowledge. A perfect and shining example.
      Your limited knowledge isn't a surprise.
      Irrelevant.
      You denying the probability is your problem.
      No one is mocking or making a mockery of a god, because to do so, would admit on does exist. Those who claim a god exists, apparently do not understand that the probability is NON-EXISTENT. Thus, people do not mock a god, but mock the belief one exists.

Everything you say is a mockery to yourself just by thinking the way you do.Because you don't know,you think that no one else does.You sound like a person on dope,and don't know an apple from an orange.You are one of those that think that 2and 2 is 5 instead of 4.

3. Apostle Jack profile image60

When a person don't know,they will say anything to fill the gap.Some know and some don't,some will and some won't.Not everyone was meant to believe.That is the way it is predestine by God.Satan have His people,and God have His people.Each will be to their own cause.
      I am a witness for God and His presence in this world and it goes beyond theories,make believe,maybes,assumptions,and I think so.
      I have been to the mountain top,and I have seen what is there.That makes me a witness.............that,is Evidence.

1. Cagsil profile image69

Top of the mountain in your own mind. For sure, you would suppose it is evidence. Too bad the probability of a god existing doesn't support you. hmm

On the contrary,it is not supported by you,but your words are empty cans in the face of experience.
          You are one of those that,if you were burn by a match,you would let someone else tell you that it did not happen.That is not intelligence,it is blind love.
          You make yourself look bad by telling me where I have and have not been.
          An empty wagon make the most noise.

2. getitrite profile image72
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep.  You use Goddunnit to fill the gap.

And I suppose you were told this by God Himself?

Only in your imagination...Only in your imagination. Absurd.

Yet those are the only things you base your beliefs on.

This is nothing but childish whimsical irrational nonsense.  You have NO evidence AT ALL of your claims.

I have evidence that you have no clue as to what you are talking about.Because you live in a hole in the ground,don't blame it on no one but yourself.If you could prove what you are saying,that would be good,But you can;t,which make you like the all the rest that believe as you do which defines,a well without water.Your words are like a brain without matter,it is good for nothing.

1. getitrite profile image72

Ok, let's see this evidence.  Do you really have evidence, or are you just spouting off a temper tantrum?

Just show us your evidence. 

And I'm quite sure that it wouldn't matter if I proved it without a doubt, you would still go right on believing in your non-existent God.

Although current science has found NO evidence for the existence of your God, you say it is me with the dry well.  You are amusing.

You don't need to resort to childish personal insults, just show some proof of your claims.

These insults seem nothing but a smoke screen.  Look, if you are as confident about your beliefs as you seem, you should have no problem proving them to be true.  So let's see your evidence, and, PLEASE, stop with the childish insults.

Spiritual knowledge is the first evidence concerning my spirit and the concept of Spiritual-Celestial- Spirituality.Next is the experience of this existence within my spirit,of which I am a Celestial Spirit within a physical body.Next is The supernatural which I have both seen and have knowledge of. I don't have to have no ones ok in order to have this presence and confidence of spirit.I live within it's image and spiritual integrity.

For one to call me a lie,will have to be a matter of them proving it not to be so,which I have no doubt it will be to no avail......for the dye is already
              cast.Don't call my belief childish and all the other names you use to express yourself about my faith and you won't get what I call a strong defense to the matter.Look at yourself first concerning name calling and it could a better day for both of us.I am as deep in mine as you are in yours concerning our existence.

That is proof of absolutely nothing but a delusion inside of YOUR head.  Where is the proof for the rest of us to see?  Oh yeah...you don't have any!

Because a delusion is stubborn, and becomes reality for the deluded mind.

Yes, indoctrination.

Strong defense?  Don't make me laugh!  You have no defense at all.  Nothing but childish insults. lol

I never called you any names.  I only spoke about your ridiculous beliefs.  Detach yourself from them and you won't feel offended.

The only exception is that I live in the real world.

Some will never see and will never learn.You are one of those.It don't matter how many words there are in this world,it is still not enough to express for one like you to convince.
                  You can't prove that He don't exist,but call others a lie that say He do exist but have nothing to show.That make you and the Atheist group a little retarded and unintelligent.
                  When you call one a liar....you have to prove it.Otherwise you make yourself look bad and a little insane.

1. profile image51

Sure; he cannot; even all atheists combined cannot

You have not provided ANY proof.  If you did, I would totally embrace your beliefs. 

So since I can't prove that Thor doesn't exist, should I believe in Thor as well?

I think people stopped using the word retarded a few decades ago...really really sorry you haven't been exposed to reality for so long.

Have a nice day. smile

4. profile image51

So far I have mentioned only the physical senses
      through which we acquire knowledge of various
      worldly phenomena. But there are countless other
      things which we cannot experience through any of
      our physical senses. Yet we have the same degree
      of certainty about them as about the others.

Take the magnetic force, for instance. Can we see it with
      our eyes, or hear it with our ears, or smell it with
      our noses, or taste it with our tongues, or touch it
      with our hands? No, but none of us ever denies its
      existence.

We do not see the force of magnetism,
      but we believe that the magnet has some additional
      force, besides its obvious properties, which can
      only be observed by its characteristics and not
      directly through our senses.

Likewise electricity: we never for a moment deny its existence and
      believe in it just as we believe in the sun, the moon,
      the mountains and the rivers.

The Islamic propagandist will stoop to the lowest forms of intellectual dishonesty by using examples from the real world and comparing them to their beliefs in a god.

Unfortunately for them, their elementary, one dimensional thinking processes can be vexed out with ease. smile

1. profile image51

is the way to understand the reality; a rational and reasonable way.

No, you are using those examples in order to support your propaganda.

1. profile image51

It is simply your wrong perception

1. Druid Dude profile image60
                Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paar does have a separate agenda, but it is a good place to let the fur fly. One can "see" God, but in a different perspective to "see" God is to die. What unbelievers fail to see is that, yes, God is a contradiction, but that is what makes him God. Mankind is a contradiction. Just look at the rest of the inhabitants of this planet, and that becomes clear.

1. profile image51

for instance

I GIVE UP! For INSTANCE? I take it back...mankind isn't a contradiction. All of the other creatures on earth are JUST LIKE US!

It is simply so easy to copy and paste a non-answer. smile

But you are not proposing reality.  Your proposition is based on those things that have nothing to do with reality...as in make believe...We don't have to make believe that the magnetic field is there, or that gravity is there, but we HAVE to make believe that your Allah-God-Creator is there.  Totally.

1. profile image51

Belief in the existence of the Creator-God is very natural , like one believes many things in nature when one gets conciousness; so should one have belief in the Creator-God; other things are additional.

Yeah, primitive man, through his ignorance of the cosmos, naturally believed that the forces of nature were orchestrated by some Super Being, but we are no longer primitive, ARE WE?

Belief in God is actually a denial of consciousness.  It is only imaginary, as it can't be discerned through any of man's senses...making it nonsensical...and...really...irrelevant.

1. profile image51

It is simply your wrong perception

1. Cagsil profile image69

roll

So you say that your God can't be perceived through our natural senses, but that I have the wrong perception.

Just what kind of bizarre senses are you proposing...and could you please describe them, and explain how to use them, so that the rest of us "unconscious" infidels can 'know' God.

2. profile image51
      2. profile image51

Consider the sentiment of love. Has anyone ever
        seen, heard, smelled or touched love? If there is
        any reader of this book who truly cherishes love
        and has felt it in his heart, I ask him whether he has
        not experienced in his small heart—which might
        weigh less than half a pound—the boundless sea of
        love, which, can be considered one of the most
        powerful and awesome of natural forces in a storm.

It generates so much energy and power into the
        feeble human frame, that for the sake of the
        beloved he challenges the mountains, roams the
        deserts, takes on the beasts of the jungle, jumps
        into fires and faces the raging tempests of the sea,
        but never gives up. He keeps vigil during the
        nights, wanders about during the day like one
        possessed and his life ebbs from his eyes, but never
        wearies.

Is there anyone who can deny the
        existence of this force, even though no one has ever
        seen, heard, smelled, tasted or touched it?

Time, age, power, sense, lust, anger, mercy—to mention
        but a few—are examples of things which we
        believe in but they have never been directly
        perceived by our physical senses.

1. profile image0

What is "exist" then?

1. profile image51

Please express your question fully for me

1. profile image0

You say, love exist, god exist, force exist, power exist....
              So what do you mean by 'exist'?

You go to great lengths, trying to convince others that your non-existent God is a reality, but you can't see that your God is not even related to the things you have listed here...because your God is totally imaginary.

Try to see the difference...or are you just that desperate?

3. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is, therefore, childish to insist that unless we
          obtain knowledge of something by a particular
          means, we will not believe in its existence. The
          point is to gain knowledge from whichever
          direction it come. Once the purpose is attained all
          else is resolved.

If someone says that he will only believe that he
          has seen inside a room if he is led into it by
          breaking the roof and not if he simply enters
          through the door, I would suspect that he wishes to
          blow off the roof rather than see the room. Once he
          has entered the room, it matters not whether he
          entered through the roof or through the door. After
          all you can only enter through the passage specified
          for it.

To demand a passage of one’s own choice is
          sheer insanity. And if we were to fulfil such a
          demand, others would start making similar
          demands. In other words, people want God to
          become a toy for their imagination, and keep
          changing His attributes like an impersonator (God
          forbid) so that everybody’s fancy should be
          satisfied.
          It is unfortunate indeed that people have not truly
          recognised their God. (al-Hajj 22:75)

1. profile image51
          2. profile image51

Do try to understand that the less subtle a thing, the
            easier it can be observed through physical senses,
            and the more subtle it is, the harder it is for the
            physical senses to experience it.

It is for this reason
            that when we try to learn about subtle things we
            have to depend on their properties and their
            behaviour, rather than on direct observation.

How then is it possible for God—Who is not only
            Himself the most Subtle Being but is also the
            Creator of every subtle thing—to be seen by our
            physical eyes?

The objection of the critics that they
            will not believe in God until they see Him with
            their eyes is, therefore, absurd.

It would imply that the critic either believes God to be a corporeal being, or at least wants God to assume a corporeal
            form so that he can be absolutely sure by seeing
            Him with his own eyes.

But the trouble is that there
            are millions of blind people in this world. Would
            they too not have the right to demand that God
            should assume some other material form so that
            they may taste, smell or feel Him? Does this not
            amount to ridiculing God? How shameful for a
            man who professes to have a mind and a heart!

1. profile image51

If someone says that he would not believe in God
              unless he sees Him with his own eyes, all I should
              say is that if God could be seen with one’s eyes, He
              would not be worth believing at all. This is because
              in such case many of His other attributes would be
              falsified.

He is Incorporeal, for instance, but in this
              case He would become corporeal. He is Infinite but
              would become finite and so on and so forth.

Moreover, if God were to adopt a corporeal and
              finite form for your sake, what is there to guarantee
              that you would not reject Him saying that you do
              not believe in a corporeal and finite God?

5. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If God exists, it can only be in spirit. It would never be provable in the physical world, so any that feel they have evidence could only speak from personal knowledge. I have no doubt that if it's true all humans would have the ability to connect, we are all the same in our makeup; we simply lack the knowledge to be able to do it at will.

6. Apostle Jack profile image60
      Apostle Jackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He is meant to be seen in other ways.Not everyone was meant to be saved nor believe,so every thing is as it should be.

getitriteposted 13 years ago

This OP is completely insane.

Paar, did you post this just to get a laugh?

If so, you are a master comedian!

Thats funny,what you are saying seem more of a joke.So laugh at yourself because you are the most funnest one of all.

3. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 13 years ago

_________
    Really we shouldn't care if people don't believe. Some are not meant to.

1. profile image51
  4. profile image0
    Kiriuposted 13 years ago

If God is seen, we may just interprate it as another object in nature and not God. So by definition God cannot NECESSARILY be seen! even if we all resurrect in a paradise, this will not proof God's existence. Whether we will keep on leaving forever will just still be a matter of faith. God (like) actions like what can be regarded at least in abstract sence as creation are ASSUMED to exist. then ressurection. In other words God has a perfectly sencible 'mental reality' it is just like we assume and not proof that other people are conscious as you. It is a deep conviction.

1. profile image51

A good point

5. aware profile image67
    awareposted 13 years ago

him   maybe . your looking for a gender not a god.

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i.e. God could not be just if he is all mercy, so he is both.

God is without limit therefore he can't be just one of anything because that would limit God.

We call God him because it's easier to pick one instead of saying him/her. And since in ancient days men were the leaders..well, you get it.

1. profile image51

I agree.

Like in Arabic the Creator-God is Awwal-root a-w-l the First and Akhar-root a-kh-r the Last.

A-Zahir-root z-h-r The-Most-Evident; Al-Batin root b-t-n concealed.

6. aware profile image67
    awareposted 13 years ago

deb ty for  sharing your ideas .  as for me im building  my own idea  but im not insisting in it. i hope in  god. i cant pidgin hole its  potential or form. i hope its bigger than  anything we've  imagined it to be.

It is.

7. profile image49
    peepinposted 13 years ago

There is God and we cannot see Him physically but feel Him spiritual, the righteous will see Him in the final day and live with Him forever.

lol lol lol

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He forgot to add "and they all lived happily ever after. The end." smile

BE PATIENT. Everyone will get a chance to see God. Be careful what you wish for...Besides, do you have any idea what the logistics of these personal appearances are? It's a PR nightmare! Worse than a day out with the POPE! Elvis and the Beatles together wasn't as bad! Maybe if you throw in the Rolling Stones...naw, even tossin' in the Hell's Angels was a picnic compared to just ONE NIGHT of the Big Guy's road tour.

earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nah! I will be happy to go in a hole when my time comes to feed the worms. No gods involved. smile

The big guy is a big myth. smile

8. Jefacity profile image59
    Jefacityposted 12 years ago

the basic problem with god is to know him is a personal journey. They say "believer show me god!!". the problem is no one can ever show you god. No one can reveal god to you. No one can make his glory real to you. It's really just your choice in life to believe whatever you choose to believe.

Even though god will help you in anyway possible he doesn't give a crap if you believe in him or not. He's not going to descend from the heavens to help you and "save you". Your all on your own to discern the truth.

earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I found it very easy to know him personally as a christian, then I educated my way out of the indoctrination helped by the absurdity of the myths themselves. smile
      For a god who doesn't give a crap who believes in it, it sure goes crazy and makes death threats when they don't! smile

9. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

You can only flog the same link on a forum for a while, parra, then someone is gonna notice apart from all the people you try to annoy with your thread titles, and you will find yourself banned.
    I have never seen so many links to one file here before, and we used to have a mechanism that stopped them automatically.

All you ever do is make another pointless statement followed by your link. If that is not spamming, what is your definition of spamming?

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

13 months, 2 hubs, and ranked no.1 on the religion forum. Says a lot about an empty headed ego to me.

It does seem so, but having spent a bit of time in muslim countries I would say a heavily indoctrinated one. smile I have moral credentials on that one. I knocked back a massive pay check because of the way one muslim businessman treated his family. smile

2. profile image51

One could answer the arguments if one has one; no compulsion

I have no idea where you got a single word response paara, and you are a closed shop who will use any tactic you can think of to avoid real discussion. Your views are well understood by all here, and rejected by most.

1. profile image51

It may be the other way round.

Yes, it may be, but it isn't is it? smile

10. GmaGoldie profile image81
    GmaGoldieposted 12 years ago

God is like the sea and sky - so immense - beyond our human comprehension.

I remain amazed that God has provided every possible delight - smell, vision, sense and yes sex too and so many diverse possibilities in people, places, plants and yet we want God to be one box.  God is as diverse as the sea life, as diverse as the many birds that fly above.  God is beautiful whether young or old.  God is with us - always and everywhere - he is in every religion - even in the evil ones who actively fight God.

God is everywhere - seek and ye shall find.

Great forum post - thank you!

1. profile image51
  11. profile image0
    Digsposted 12 years ago

You can see God all around you.  You just need spiritual eyes to see.  To deny the existence of God is like saying there is no sky or sea or breath in your lungs; There is no infinite universe or life itself.  To deny God is to deny yourself and all of life and existence.  To deny God is to say of yourself and all of life that you are nothing and mean nothing.  God says you, your life and what you do with your life, matters!  God says that his creation and all in it matters.  It is a simple choice between a nihilist view and a conviction that all life has meaning!  Seems like an easy choice if you think about it.

12. Peter Owen profile image60
    Peter Owenposted 12 years ago

This is absolutely futile. So many statements with nothing valid to offer.

13. thebrucebeat profile image61
    thebrucebeatposted 12 years ago

In all my years around the church, I have never heard anyone ask the question that is posed in the OP.

Much ado about nothing.

14. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

here is a science article that says it could be possible

Cosmic Fingerprints

Asking “Where did God come from” is a lot like reading a John Grisham novel and saying “This book has lawyers and judges and secretaries, but what page is John Grisham on?”

The answer of course, is that John Grisham is not in the novel at all. He lives outside of the novel. He wrote it. He created the time line, the story and the characters. The novel is a book with a finite number of pages, a beginning and an end. But John Grisham lives a life that extends far beyond that book.

Similarly, God lives outside of space and time. He created space. He created time. He is confined to neither of these things. It’s somewhat of a stretch for most of us to imagine that, but a physicist or mathematician will attest that it’s entirely reasonable. There is nothing absurd or illogical to speak of dimensions outside of space and time; in fact additional dimensions are necessary to rationally explain the universe. String theory in modern physics defines 11 dimensions, four of which we experience.

Human experience, without exception, is that all effects have causes. There are no uncaused causes. The inevitable conclusion is that the laws of physics explain how the universe operates but they don’t explain how it got here. All explanations require an “eternal” ingredient. The existence of anything at all demands an uncaused cause. So we never escape the question ‘where did it all come from.’

A purely physical explanation (i.e. materialism, or an atheistic belief that says that there is no such thing as a metaphysical world) relies on as-of-yet undiscovered principles of physics. It requires faith, if you will, that someday we’ll discover a way for matter and energy to come from nothing.

Another problem faced by materialistic explanations is entropy. Entropy says that the universe is cooling down, that energy is being converted from usable forms to unusable forms, and that this process is irreversible. Processes with entropy happen, by definition, over a finite period of time. An infinitely old universe with entropy would now be cold and dead. Once again, the universe can’t be infinitely old. It had to have a cause.

So science as we know it now cannot possibly explain this. The only logical explanation is a cause outside of space and time – which of course is consistent with the definition of God that theists have held for thousands of years.

Science does not refute this; in fact a truly scientific assessment of the facts is that all purely materialistic answers to the origins question blatantly violate the laws of physics.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 11th, 2010 at 11:32 pm and is filed under Science, Science and the Bible.

from Internet Link:

http://www.bibleprophecyupdate.com/http … come-from/

just a thought.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)