Update on our baby:

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (18 posts)
  1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

The baby was born without a uvula. This in itself is no problem, unless she wants to learn to speak German, Hebrew, Arabic, or some other language that requires gutteral sounds. The problem is that sometimes a bifid uvula is indicative of a heart defect or a submucous cleft palate. A submucous cleft palate is where the roof of the mouth has not joined together but is covered by a membrane that makes it appear normal. We wondered why they kept looking into her mouth - that's why. Her mom was born with a cleft palate, but she had/has a normal lip and gums (thank goodness). We can deal with the submucous cleft, but I pray there are no problems with the baby's heart.

I very much appreciate all the prayers that hubbers have sent up for our Brooklynn!

1. Dale Mazurek profile image63
      Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well I just had to take time away from my hub and website to comment.

There really are things more important than making money.

I certainly hope things go well for all of you.  I understand you are sitting on pins and needles.

There is nothing more precious then the life of all our children.

I will be praying and reading your updates.  I know this time is very difficult but Im sure you have a lot of family support and of course you know you have a ton of friends here at Hubpages.

I can just feel that very soon you will be giving us a very good news update.

Dale

2. Faybe Bay profile image64
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That poor sweet baby!
      Oh honey, I know this is so terrifying for you.
      I have known quite a few people with cleft pallets. Back in my day it was a very serious but they have come a long way with technology. I am sure that the more they know the better off Brooklynn will be. They can't make her better if they don't find everything, so in spite of the fear, it's good that they know where to look and what they are looking for.

3. lorlie6 profile image73
      lorlie6posted 14 years agoin reply to this

What an ordeal, both for the little one and the family.  My prayers and thoughts go out to all of you, habee.

4. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

habee, my thoughts are with you and your family.  Your granddaughter is so lucky to be born here in the States to such a loving, supportive family who will give her the care she needs.

2. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the update. It is good that they at least have a direction to look. I know you and your family are having a rough go of it right now so I am glad you are making the time to keep us all updated on her progress.

3. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Oh, friends, thank you so much. Anyone with kids understands! I just feel so helpless. I tried to write a hub to take my mind off our troubles, but I just couldn't concentrate. They're going to allow me to go in to see Brooklynn in a couple of hours, but I can't hold her.

4. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Big hugs, habee. You'll keep us posted, right?
    (Or else....)

5. Faybe Bay profile image64
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

Just giving this a boost. Habee's family and Granddaughter need our prayers and good thoughts. Brooklynn has been undergoing complications and is having tests, and under observation. Hopefully her heart is fine, she is being monitored and had stopped breathing in the night.

6. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Hugs to you and your family members.  I know how difficult it is dealing with health problems with children.  I am thinking of you and sending you good wishes.  Keep us posted, please Habee.  Hugs to you and yours.

7. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Hang in there Holle, we're with you on this too.

8. h.a.borcich profile image61
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

Prayers will continue, blow that baby girl a kiss from me ,too!

9. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Virtual hugs, thoughts and many prayers to you and your family.  habee, I wish only the best for you my friend!  Lots of love!

10. TheGlassSpider profile image64
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Habee, I can't imagine how this must be for you! But I do know that that grandbaby is very lucky to have a grandma like you! smile Know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Be well.

11. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Sending prayers and well wishes your way for your sweet new grandbaby!

12. Pandoras Box profile image61
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

Wow, Habee, this is tough to deal with. Sending good thoughts your way, with all hope that Brooklynn will be just fine.

13. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

If Brooklyn is anywhere as tough as her mom, she will be fine!  Her granny is a different story! LOL

14. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

prayers and blessings to you

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)