New Profile : Where is my RSS feed ?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)
  1. pinappu profile image83
    pinappuposted 11 years ago

I can not find out my RSS feed in the new profile. Where can I get it? Is it same for everybody?

1. lorddraven2000 profile image90
      lorddraven2000posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I can't seem to find mine either

2. profile image0
      Casimiroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you mean that the link to your RSS feed is not in your profile now, that is correct, it was removed from the design.

If you mean how do you find a URL to your RSS feed, Dale answered that partially below.

That pattern is:
      http://<yoursubdomain>hubpages.com/author/<yourHPname>/latest/?rss

where <yoursubdomain>  is the same as your HP name (and this may be optional)
      and <yourHPname> is the same and is not optional

You can actually make 3 RSS feeds by replacing "latest" with "hot" and "best". This is a good idea as it gives your hubs more exposure. All 3 feeds are available and can be pinged.

3. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can get the widget for the RSS feed on your account page, left hand side.

2. tamron profile image67
    tamronposted 11 years ago

Honey
    I can't find the rss feed either!  Hopefully someone else might know where it is.  Good question?

3. Dale Hyde profile image80
    Dale Hydeposted 11 years ago

Oh no! The aliens have stolen the RSS feeds!  Now I am trying to remember where I have shared my old RSS feed as I have read the old ones are not working......

4. Dale Hyde profile image80
    Dale Hydeposted 11 years ago

This link works for me:  http://hubpages.com/author/Dale+Hyde/latest?rss

Of course you would put your name in there versus my name.  I had to add an RSS viewer extension to my browser, Chrome, to view it.  Not sure about why and such.

5. Healthy Pursuits profile image80
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years ago

So, instead of clicking on the RSS feed icon on our profile page, people have to have a Chrome extension or other icon on their bookmarks bar? Doesn't that complicate things for our readers? Or am i all turned around?

1. Dale Hyde profile image80
      Dale Hydeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Once I installed the RSS feed reader to Chrome, I now have the option of finding RSS feeds on any page I am on. It will show a little number telling me how many RSS feeds are available on the page.

I went to your profile and was able to pick up your feed in the reader: http://healthypursuits.hubpages.com/hubs/latest?rss

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image80
        Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Dale. That helps! I added the extension.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hadn't you noticed, HubPages doesn't want us to have our own readership.  They've hidden the ability to contact us, they've removed the ability to search within our Hub portfolio, and they've removed the ability to sign up to our RSS feed.    Plus they've made our authorship less prominent on the Hubs themselves.

We are staff writers on a big magazine, not bloggers building readership to our own sites.

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image80
        Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

OK. I want health insurance.  smile

2. profile image0

Marisa,

Reading between the lines (dangerous I know!) sounds like you don't agree with the HP changes? They're providing the infrastructure so I guess I'm cool with what they're doing. One can always buy their own domain, make a blog, whatever, if they want.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

I do have my own websites too.  I agree, we always have to remember that HubPages doesn't belong to us, and it's their right to run the place however they like.  However, it saddens me to see the "old guard" of Hubbers steadily migrating to other sites, because they're unhappy with the changes - especially as they seem so unnecessary, and we've never had an explanation of the reasons for them.

HubPages went through a traumatic time last year with the Panda updates.  The switch to sub-domains brought back the traffic for many, and gave writers a sense of ownership.  Which is, I assume, what HubPages doesn't like - because in the last few months, they've made a lot of changes which de-emphasise the writer as individual. 

For instance, the old Hub layout included a large, prominent picture of the author - which positively invited you to click on it and read more by that author.  Now, you'd barely notice who wrote the Hub.   On our old profiles, there were prominent links to contact the Hubber, subscribe to their feed, or search for topics within their Hubs. Now the contact facility is hidden and the other two features have been removed - and Hubs by other authors are displayed on our profiles.

Perhaps we developed an over-inflated sense of our own importance, but all these changes feel like we're being "demoted", and it does feel like a bit of a slap in the face.

I've stated this theory a few times on the forums now, and find it interesting that HP is silent on the matter.

1. profile image0

Well, really, what could they say? It's a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation, though it surely would allow Hubbers to vent. I always have in the back of my mind "what do I get for that 40% cut they take?". I don't know if it's excessive or not, just want to know.

What would be cool is if they could change the biz model to make it a co-op, writer-owned deal instead of the top-down corporate model they have now.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

Not really.   They must have a reason for believing it will benefit the site.  Perhaps they have research they could quote?  If they've done it for a good solid reason, why not share it with us?

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61
        LindaSmith1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Looks that way. It's about the article submission sites earning not the writers.

6. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 11 years ago

Not only is the RSS feed gone, but so is the widget we used to put on our blogs, etc.

7. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 11 years ago

Nate: Yes the widget is there.  But we use to have a RSS feed too, which is gone. A lot of tools used by writers are gone.

1. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I definitely can see the problem with that since visitors then can't subscribe or post the widget. But I wanted to point out that we still have access to the widget ourselves, so that we can post it elsewhere.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)