Hubberscore/Hubscore: A Poem

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Rochelle Frank profile image92
    Rochelle Frankposted 11 years ago

Hubberscore/ Hubscore : A Poem

Hubberscore/Hubscore, what does it mean?
    What is the highest you've ever seen?
    Does it mean that you're better than others around you?
    Or is it designed to  quite simply confound you?

I've been at a hundred at least twice this week,
    I didn't  rewrite, repost or re- tweak.
    My pageviews have plummeted, my stats are pathetic.
    My earnings are negligible; I have a headache.

But I should be happy and thankful and glad,
    'Cause I'm at one hundred and that can't be bad.
    An early old hub I wrote about mice
    Had the century number displayed once or twice.

Now I am rushed to get this posted,
    For my three place numbers soon will be toasted.

1. mary615 profile image83
      mary615posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Contracts!  Don't question:  just be happy!  You are a great poet!

I meant "Congrats", of course!

Rochelle Frankposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh-- thanks for that, I was wondering -- I wasn't sure if you thought my screen name was "Contracts" or if you were offering me a job as poet laureate or something.  (Dang spellchecker!)

I wish HP would just do away with this score!  It is so discouraging.  Seems like the harder I work, the lower my score goes!

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
            Patty Inglish, MSposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That means all the Contracts you'll be recieving for writing poetry books soon!  We need a new Dr. Seuss.

"Hi", Patty! Actually, my children's book is written in a similar style-- (not quite Suessian, but with rhythmic rhyme). My favorite comment about the book was from a librarian who said it "was fun to read out loud". Thanks for commenting.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Loved this!!! big_smile big_smile big_smile

I got to be a 100-dude a few weeks ago for awhile, but that has long since come and gone. big_smile

3. tammybarnette profile image61
      tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

AWESOME!!!!  cool

4. ExpectGreatThings profile image74
      ExpectGreatThingsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

One hundred's a dream I have not obtained
      Either in hubscore or next to my name.
      But thanks to your poem, I'll be grateful for 90
      And fretting for hubscores is long behind me.

A great addition to my verse. Thank, EGT.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image92

Thank you, mary and paradigm-- I didn't think anyone ever read this forum.

Hmmm-- a promotion: Somehow this posting got moved into the writing forum-- I initially thought it belonged in the category which included "vacuous fun".

3. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 11 years ago

You put a smile on my face...especially about the line, "Or is it designed to  quite simply confound you?"

I love a solid meter and playful rhyme that carry a message I can identify with. Read it from start to finish, twice. Still smiling.

Thanks, Sally's. If I made anyone smile.. my day isn't wasted.

4. theherbivorehippi profile image66
    theherbivorehippiposted 11 years ago

Loved this! It's rare I find a thread I actually put forth the effort to comment on these days. This one made me smile. smile

5. Rochelle Frank profile image92

Thanks, Tammy. I see you are a Dr. Suess fan, as well.
    To herbivorehippi: I am honored by your comment.

6. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

Love it, love it, love it, Rochelle Frank!!! You are a marvel. Thanks so much for allowing us to laugh at our obsession and let it go just a little more. lol

Thank you, Janshares! If any staff members are watching, I'd like to ask if we can get accolades for the number of smilies we get in comments.

1. janshares profile image93
        jansharesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL, LOL, LOL, that's a good one.

7. A.Villarasa profile image59
    A.Villarasaposted 11 years ago

You are not the only one who is confused,
    Because HubPages is now  profused.
    With so much banter, chatter and clutter,
    That scoring 70 used to what really matter.

8. Rochelle Frank profile image92

Dr. V--
    I understand your basic thought,
    but without "seventy-five" one's not so hot.
    You, of course, are doing just fine,
    And are not far from ninety and nine.

9. Rochelle Frank profile image92

See? Down again, but then, I'm really not paying attention.  smile

10. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

You are at 96. Same slime as of me. So it goes... big_smile

11. mary615 profile image83
    mary615posted 11 years ago

I never worried about my score until one day it was 89!!!  That made me a little nervous.  What terrible deed had I done to fall out of favor with HP??  I was doing all the right things (I thought).  When I saw that, I thought of your great poem!

12. Jennifer Lynch profile image68
    Jennifer Lynchposted 11 years ago

Good score!  I think if you don't keep looking it goes up!   I try not to take it too seriously
    the measure of success is doing what you love.

13. MarieAlana1 profile image67
    MarieAlana1posted 11 years ago

Jennifer, that is a great quote from you. Thanks for the great inspiration.
    I love this poem that she wrote. It speaks words. I was at 96 and then I went down to 94. I've been there for the last week.

14. Rochelle Frank profile image92

Thank you, Mary615. I have enjoyed a lot of your hubs and I hope you keep up the good work.

Jennifer Lynch: you are exactly right. None of us 'have to' do this, it is much more about the enjoyment and the interaction.

Marie Alana1: Yes the scores are interesting, but there is a lot more meaning in the responses you get. Even though I wrote the poem, I still have to remind myself. Thank you, thank you all.

15. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
    LuisEGonzalezposted 11 years ago

If yours is past 90, that's still a great number specially since mine still in a slumber!!!!!

OK, I'm going to go back to photography now since I suck a poetry.........tongue

Love your photos... I still don't know how to set my cheap camera, but occasionally I get lucky.  I can usually manage a cheap rhyme.

16. Rochelle Frank profile image92

The secret seems to be patience. I've hardly done anything to gain 9 points ..to prove the point.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)