How come I didn't get paid yet

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (22 posts)
  1. tamron profile image67
    tamronposted 10 years ago

My account doesn't show o yet it still has my balance.

1. WalterPoon profile image68
      WalterPoonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Tamron, this is the right place to ask. I believe you'll get a response from the admins soon. You get paid when you get at least an accumulated minimum of $50 for month close, right?

2. Matthew Meyer profile image72
      Matthew Meyerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Tamron,

The information I see still shows the payment as "pending".
      I would expect that it should post in the next few business days.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

When you reach $50 at the one of one month you get paid near the end of the next month.  If this should have happened, check your paypal address is correctly entered in your profile.

3. faythef profile image70
    faythefposted 10 years ago

you have to earn $50.00 on hub pages before you get paid....If you made the money in May..you will not get paid until July....money earned through Adsense and Amazon to not count towards the hub payout...

4. tamron profile image67
    tamronposted 10 years ago

I have made over payout last month and this month.  I was just wondering if payment is being processed.  I do realize that their are many people that HP has to pay.  I am not in a hurry.  Just making sure my account was not over looked thats all.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you were over $50 by the end of last month you should have been paid a few days ago.  Check you have your paypal address correctly entered.

5. kenneth avery profile image79
    kenneth averyposted 10 years ago

I checked my account last night and its pushing $50.00, but I won't get paid until June 28. I wish it were. quicker, but its not. I have thought the more hubs the bigger the check, but my health will not permit it. I just write as I can. Hang tough, dear Tamron.

6. lovebuglena profile image87
    lovebuglenaposted 10 years ago

You need to earn a minimum of $50 with Hub Pages Ad Program before you can get paid. If you have earned your minimum by last month then you should get paid this month. Make sure that your paypal email is correct.

7. lovebuglena profile image87
    lovebuglenaposted 10 years ago

Oh I'd also check your PayPal account itself to see if a payment has gone through from Hub Pages.

8. Gordon Hamilton profile image92
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 10 years ago

I didn't get an e-mail this month telling me payment had been issued. When I went to my PayPal account, however, yesterday (29th) the money had been there since 28th. Another curious point was that the money hadn't been converted to Pounds Sterling as it usually us in my case - my balance was showing in US Dollars. Possible PayPal glitch?

1. lovebuglena profile image87
      lovebuglenaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes Hub Pages emails go into SPAM. Though I don't know why. Perhaps that is why you never saw the email. As far as the conversion that is strange. Perhaps it shows the payment in US dollars but what goes to your bank is actually in your own currency.

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image92
        Gordon Hamiltonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Good suggestion, lovebuglena re spam option but it wasn't there. Normally on PayPal when I receive payments from America or Europe, I see the original amount in dollars or euros on my statement but it's auto-converted to pounds in my balance. On this occasion, there was a highlighted button next to my balance asking, "Convert to local currency?" I clicked on it and within a fraction of a second my balance was in pounds again. This is why I'm thinking it's a PayPal issue rather than a Hub Pages issue.

9. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 10 years ago

I understand you, Tamron.

I usually get paid on the 28th (Well we as in HP), but I have noticed for the first time that even though the money has arrived in Paypal, it is not available to spend yet. "pending".

That's why I popped into forums to see if other people had the same issue.

It's best leaving it an extra day - Maybe there is a new paypal policy whereby funds have to take 2 or 3 days to clear.

Glad you posted.
    Elena

10. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 10 years ago

If you do not need to withdraw money immediately, it can be useful to leave the currency unchanged. For a start, if you want to buy something priced in dollars, it avoids two currency conversion charges. Secondly, if you can afford to wait, you can convert to sterling at a time when the dollar is high versus the pound.

1. WalterPoon profile image68
      WalterPoonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

WriteAngled, do you know whether you can use PayPal to pay your credit card bills? I've just joined HubPages 7 weeks ago and haven't earn enough to bother to seriously check.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
        mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years agoin reply to this

You can apply for a Paypal Card that you can use to pay for things or draw money from a cash machine. Perhaps you could use such a card to pay your utility bills!

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree - I find it quite handy to have some funds in US dollars and British pounds, just in case I need to make a purchase.  Though I always try to keep my Paypal balance fairly low, because problems do happen with Paypal now and then.

3. lady rain profile image92
      lady rainposted 10 years agoin reply to this

US dollars have jumped above Aussie dollars this week and I have just converted all the funds that have been sitting in my Paypal for months. It's time to go shopping smile

11. bizwin profile image63
    bizwinposted 10 years ago

I had the same problem with my payment not converting to pounds with PayPal, so I phone them. The customer service rep was really nice and this is what he advise me to do: On your main account page, Click on Profile, then My Money, on the left hand side of the page that you will be, click Currencies or Currency, next  follow the instruction on the left side of the page by writing the amount that you want to convert in dollars, remember to enter from the drop down menu, which currency you are converting from and to. At the bottom, click the Convert box, and then click the Convert Currency box. Make sure that you see a message like, Your conversion was successful.

12. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 10 years ago

Well, you can withdraw money from PP to your bank account, which means you can use it indirectly to pay whatever bills you wish.

I've not heard of any credit cards accepting money directly from PP, but then it's not something I've investigated.

13. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years ago

@ Tamron, I have always had my HP Ads payment on the 28th, so can't understand why yours would be any later or still 'pending'.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)