Michelle Duggar "Trying" to Get Pregnant With 20th Child

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 10 years ago

After suffering a devastating miscarriage in December 2011, Michelle Duggar is trying to get pregnant again with her 20th child. The 19 Kids and Counting reality TV mom says she and husband Jim Bob Duggar are hoping to be "blessed" with another pregnancy.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/michelle-dugg … eekly.html
    It seems like they may consider having the 20th child to feel complete...is it a competition with other members of her faith to have as many as possible
    She didn't do well with last one..

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No,it is a psychosis.  There are women with baby hunger.  They love babies; however, as soon as the baby becomes a toddler, they tired of it, pass it to the oldest child to raise and have yet another baby and another .........and another.    The Duggars are in love with the idea of having children that they neglect to consider the ramifications of their actions on the reminding children.   

The Duggars aren't the only large family that way.  If one visits and read large family blogs on the internet and YouTube  and listen to mothers of large families, they are of the same school.  They believe that women should have as many children as possible.  They maintain that this is part of authentic motherhood.   They maintain that women who LOVE children have lots of them.   They furthermore add that the reason that families are smaller nowadays is because women hate children.   

They also maintain that they are the true and loving mothers because they have LOTS of children.   Michelley is not the only mother who thinks that way, most mothers of large families believe, think, and act the way Ms. Duggar acts.
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8539313_f248.jpg
      Such mothers maintain that they are superior to others and that others are too selfish to have lots of children.  They actually maintain that childfree women and mothers of small families are too self-indulgent. Many mothers of large familes contend that all women should do as they do(just read the large family blogs).  They have a disdain for those who elect to have small families.  Mothers of large families have a different psychology and ethos from the rest of us.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
        MelissaBarrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Some of us just have EPIC bad luck with birth control. No seriously, epic.

Yes, on some women, even the strongest contraceptives aren't effective.  I have a first cousin once removed who became pregnant with Norplant, which is the strongest birth control method outside.  She had two children altogether.

I failed on chemical, barrier and an IUD. Surgical sterilization wasn't an option because of sedation concerns. I have five so far.

1. profile image0
              Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Have as many as you guys want. Doesn't concern me.

It doesn't really concern anybody. Yet, everybody seems to be quite fascinated by what is going in and coming out of my uterus. smile I have people stop me and say "Are those ALL yours?" "Don't you know what causes that?"

Nope. Just having kids to sponge off the government and neglect them. Couldn't possibly be raising them and loving them all. Or giving them all the time, attention, and resources they need. It's impossible to have that kind of time-management skill and energy.

2. profile image0
    mollymcphillipsposted 10 years ago

I don't understand what they are trying to achieve exactly. For health reasons alone, how she cannot re-think having another child after her miscarriage is a mystery to me. It's a blessing that she's had so many healthy children, you would think that would be enough no matter what your goals.

3. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

Ms. Duggar, as with some mothers of large families,(6 or more children per household) have baby hunger. There are women who are OBSESSED with having children.  They are so in love with having children that they do not consider the children that they already have.  I find the situation totally implausible to say the least.

Many of these mothers have NO outside life, NO job, NO friends, NO hobbies, and NO other viable interests.  All they are concerned about is incessantly have children.  Such women should be pitied and helped by a qualified psychiatrist who would be able to get at the root of the problem.   

Again, Ms. Duggar is not the only megamom with such issues.  The average mother of large and very large families(6 or more children per household) have these issues.  Just visit and read large families blogs.  Those blogs are an education in itself. 

I use those blogs and books that I have read on large families in addition to stories my parents, aunts, uncles, and some cousins told me regarding large families to write hubs on the large family.  These blogs tell the public what mothers of large families believe and think about those who do not follow their lifestyle.

That's a pretty common stereotype... but it is a stereotype. You would be surprise how many rude, assuming comments I've gotten along those lines when people find out how many kids I have AND that I homeschool.

My kids don't raise each other. They all get plenty of individual attention. I don't forget about them as the next baby comes. I don't think I'm better than anyone else who doesn't have children (although at this point I do have a lot of advice). I have lots of outside interests and I have friends. I have a life, I have hobbies and I have a career.

Stereotypes suck. Seriously.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

If she wants to have 20 kids and can support them, I don't care.

5. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

No parent can afford to support 20 children.  In fact, they cannot adequately support  6 or more children.  In large families(6 or more children per household), parents cannot adequately devote the individualized attention to each child.  Some children are bound to be neglected while others, the younger ones, will receive the attention.  Neglect, benign and othewise, are de rigueur in large families. 

In addition to that, in large families, the OLDEST child or children are the ones raising the children.  Many an oldest child forfeited his/her childhood and adolescence, raising and parenting siblings.  That is UNFAIR to the oldest child.  Also, in large families, socioeconomic resources are stretched thin, very T-H-I-N. Children in large families do without even the rudiments.  That is why so many people from large families HATE and ENVY small families, seeing them as spoiled because the latter have the material things and amenities that large families LACK.   

There is something amiss when parents have more children than they can psychologically emotionally, and financially support.  In large families, parents cannot effectively exercise a span of control.  No parents can effective manage and raise a large brood of children by themselves so they give the children for the oldest child to raise.

Also, children in large families(6 or more children per family) tend to raise and fend for themselves as there is no adult to do for them.  It is not unusual for children in such families to work even for the necessities that other children have.  The average child in a large family often works beginning in childhood.  Some even work to supplement their families' meager income.

1. profile image0

Crap, so children shouldn't get part time jobs and become resourceful and independent?

DON'T have what YOU CAN'T support.  That is what intelligent and educated parents do.  To have MORE children than one can support is THOUGHTLESS, SELFISH, and ABUSIVE.  Children shouldn't have to support themselves until they're either of legal age and/or complete their education. 

In the small family environment, parents know this.  In the large family environment, children assume parenting and adult roles, working, raising, and supporting themselves from childhood on because their parents do not have the emotional, psychological, and financial resources to devote to EACH child.   Many such children become very weary and tired early in life and their formative years are drudgery as they had NO childhood due to the mindless selfishness of THEIR parents. While children in small families have normative childhoods, MOST children in large families have NO childhood to speak of. 

They are doing what THEIR parents should do but their parents really are unconcerned with the socioeconomic welfare of their children.  This is quite commonplace in large family households-children being parents to themselves both emotionally and financially. Large families=child labor.  Yes, the Duggars are dysfunctional and abusive for having THAT MANY children.  However, it is THE CHILDREN who WILL SUFFER. PITY those children!

Children in large families work as children because they HAVE to.  Many of them RESENT it. As a child, I have seen children from large families disparage, even hate their parents because they could not support them.  One girl from a large family I knew regularly shook down more affluent classmates because her parents did not have money, even for the rudiments.  Again, RADMAN, if parents cannot afford to support their children, simple, DON'T have them and make the poor children suffer.

The majority of large families(6 or more children per family) are either impoverished or near it.  It is CLEARLY OBVIOUS that parents of such families cannot even adequately support their children.  Their children know and resent it; this is why many children from large families resent children who have the advantages they don't.

That is why so many children from large families ENVY, even HATE those from small families.  Listen to how children from large families talk about those from small families.  There is NO LOVE lost between them.  The larger the family, the greater incidence of poverty there is.

That is why so many large famlies are dependent upon outside aid and assistance, if not from wealthier relatives but from church donations and charities. If it weren't for free breakfasts and lunches, many children from large families would not eat. If it was not for school nurses and physicians, children from large families would not receive ANY kind of medical care.

Again, I have seen this with my own eyes.  In my elementary and high school, it was the children from large families who were the most socioeconomically disadvantaged.  My parents came from poor megafamilies.  They relayed to me how impoverished they were and how they had to do without and how others helped them keep socioeconomically afloat.

I had classmates from large families who also relayed to me that they had NOTHING growing up and how they wished for the things that normal children had.  Yes, I believe that large families are aberrant.  No child should grow up in want because parents are either too selfish or too thoughtless to use effective birth control.

1. profile image0

Your ignorance is astounding. I have supported all of my children. One has a part time job, yet I have asked him for none of it and he has bank every cent he has wanted. There is nothing wrong with a 16 year old working part time, it builds character. I've paid for his university education and have enough to pay for all three of their education. I could in fact pay for three more educations. I've come to realize that those who take the education most seriously are those who pay for it themselves. This may have been an error on my part.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image58

Not to be rude, but you OBVIOUSLY have some bias that is making you assume these stereotypes. I'm sorry about your parents, but that doesn't mean all large families are like that... or even most. I can't make you not have preconceived, wrong, notions... I'm just pointing them out.

Just because you've experienced something one way, doesn't mean that's the way it is for everyone. That kind of thinking is rather limited and ultimately hurts the one with the closed mind far more than it hurts the one that is having assumptions made against them.

Not being rude at all.  In fact, you are very polite. Like your perspective, Melissa, it is good to have such a discourse, hate the word argument.  I like to hear and LISTEN to your thoughts, thank YOU.  You are one of the people I enjoy talking and listening to.

6. psycheskinner profile image83

From what I saw they one time I watched the show, the kids are quite well supported and the older ones are well adjusted and successful.

7. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

20 kids? Good grief.

I've probably used this joke before, but I swear Michelle Duggar must be the most fertile woman in the world. It seems like she can get pregnant just by standing downwind from her husband.

Ah ha. 
      http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8565520.jpg
      Oh my God, when will THEY stop, ENOUGH already!
      http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8515275_f248.jpg
      We simply LOVE having children. WE will have AS MANY AS we  please.  If we want 30, we will have 30!
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8559945_f248.jpg
      Oh dear, Michelle, DON'T YOU get tired?
      http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8559684.jpg
      CRAP!
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8568161_f248.jpg
      SOMETHING has to BE DONE about this, don't YOU agree?
      http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8595003.png
      Hell no, mutiply, mutiply!
      http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8558618.jpg
      This is RIDICULOUS really.
      http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8543690_f248.jpg
      ENOUGH already, find ANOTHER HOBBY, woman, GET A LIFE, stop being a  FREAKIN' BABY MACHINE!

2. profile image0
      mollymcphillipsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's what I was thinking. Maybe all he has to do is look at her. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase - loaded glance.

Just ONE look, reminds me of a song from the 1960s.  Michelle Duggar, GODDESS of FERTILITY.
        http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8527520_f248.jpg
        http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8515275_f248.jpg
        Michelle, I got you under my skin. I got you deep in the heart of me. So deep in my heart  that you're really a part of me. Baby, I got YOU under my skin.  You thrill me intensely.  When we are together, there is always an explosion! 
        http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8595780.jpg
        God, ENOUGH!  ENOUGH! Get ANOTHER hobby!
        http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8559945_f248.jpg
        Oh NOOOOO, NOT AGAIN!

8. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

gmwilliams, I just gotta ask... do you keep a folder of random photos like the ones above on your desktop, just so you can just break them out at a moment's notice? "Hey, this would be a great place for Bug Eyed Girl! *CLICK!*...this forum thread needs a Vanessa Williams! *CLICK* ... Joan Rivers could go here! *CLICK*"

... just curious. It's funny as hell when you do that.... big_smile

Have to make satire of the Duggars, they are so quaintly and strangely funny and odd, don't you think, Freddy?  I do, they're STRANGE and utterly BIZARRO! Alas, to EACH their OWN, I guess!

9. psycheskinner profile image83

I'm not having any so you can have my 'allotment' wink

Oh crap. I guess I have to hate you and persecute you now out of jealousy.

10. psycheskinner profile image83

You are being as rude as hell by assuming your point of view is right and people with large families are the next best thing to child abusers.  Which is ridiculous.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)