Cannot leave comments

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Princessa profile image79
    Princessaposted 15 years ago

The box for Submit a Comment looks different, much smaller and square.  I can write comments but it does not register, as soon as I press "post comment" the text dissapears.  It is happening with every single hub I try since yesterday.

Any ideas?

1. countrywomen profile image61
      countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

About a week back the exact same thing happened to me too http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/12074

But it got resolved in couple of hours again  but till then I was a little frustrated mad

Btw I rebooted my system after couple of hours then it started working. smile

2. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 15 years ago

I have just experienced a disappearing text problem on a comment I approved! Other than that, I haven't a clue what's going on here!

3. Princessa profile image79

Cannot edit hubs neither !!!!

4. Princessa profile image79

Still not working ... any ideas?

Countrywoman, my problem started a couple of days ago and it is not solving itsel.  At first I though that like yours it would solve itself in a couple of hours, but no luck sad

Have you tried logging in from different systems? Can you create another account and try logging in and performing those operations again? If you have contacted the hubpages folks do they have any feedback? I don't know what else to suggest as of now.

Princessaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi, yes, the HubPages team has been trying to help all day.  But finally, it looks like the problem is MY computer!!!
        Everything works ok if I log in from another computer in the house... crazy!

Well sometimes when we don't have latest version/updates such problems crop up. Are there any other issues with your system? I am still curious why your system specifically is having issues? If you are using a windows OS then have you tried taking a memory dump ? Anyway thanks for the good news smile

Thanks for the help.
            Not sure what happen but everything is in order now.  Had husband having a look at my computer and he fixed the problem in no time at all smile

Who said that husbands were good only for opening jars and lifting heavy weights? smile

Yes its great when we complement each other in certain areas..hehe. But seriously can you please find out this info from your husband:
              How did he find the exact problem(I mean did he use any tools or some other indicators led him to the root cause of the problem)?
              What was the exact problem?
              How did he resolve it?
              It would be great if we could have some internal wiki for common (and uncommon) problems/issues that we face so that we can resolve such issues by looking into it first. DingDong just suggested some tip that was given by a hub pages team member. But usually if someone faces problems outside the California (PST) working  hours then they can at least go to that place first to try to see if they can resolve it themselves(instead of waiting for a reply from them or others in real/realistic time). Can you please suggest to hub pages this feature? smile

Well lets try step by step:

First: The hubPages team tried everything and assured me that everything was working perfectly with my HubPages account. 

Second: I tried to log in from another computer in the house and indeed my account was working perfectly.

Third: Husband didn't like me "playing" with "his babies" so tried to solve my problem ASAP.  He tried using my account from MY computer USING A DIFFERENT BROWSER and it  worked ok.  That is how he decided that it was a problem with the browser I was using.  I believe he updated the browser and that was it smile everything working again.  (For any more details you'll need to wait until tomorrow as he is already enjoying a well deserved sleep zzzzzz......)

That's what I suspected. In my case after the Updates I didn't restart the system (I postponed it). And once I restarted the system and a fresh browser session it was ok. Btw wouldn't it be a good idea to have a central repository like a wiki for hubpages for all common/uncommon problems/issues?

It sounds like a good idea, should put it forwards to the HubPages team.

2. dingdong profile image58
      dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Did you try holding 'shift' key and page refresh at once? That might work, Paul always suggests the same smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)