Another Site Found Plagiarizing Many Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 9 years ago

I discovered another site that is plagiarizing many Hubs.

HubPages gave me an alert about one of my hubs having been copied. With further investigation I found many other Hubber's Hubs are on that site too.

The site is www (dot) liveverify (dot) com and it's hosed by WholeSale Internet, Inc.

So everyone should do a Google search using a sentence from your hub in quotes and the site's URL. This will show you any plagiarized copies of your hub on that site.

The copy of my hub includes AdSense Ads using the thief's AdSense code. Using AdSense to make money with stolen articles is a violation of AdSense Terms of Use. So I reported this to Google AdSense before I sent a DMCA infringement notice to the host. I wanted Google to be able to see it and cancel their AdSense account before asking the host to remove the copy. 

I suggest anyone who finds copies of your hubs on this site should report the AdSense Violation first, and the DMCA infringment complaint a day later.

Report AdSense violation:
    https://support.google.com/adsense/trou … 2&rd=1

Send your DMCA Infringement Report to:
    WholeSale Internet, Inc at abuse@wholesaleinternet.net

1. Writer Fox profile image30
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think that is the address for spam email complains.  Here's the one for copyright infringement:
      legal@wholesaleinternet.com (and this is the correct address for the .net domain).
      (https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/accep … se-policy/)

Glenn Stokposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for trying to help WF, but below is the official declared agent and email address to report infringement claims to. If that does not work, I'll try the one you mentioned and I'll update this thread either way. I actually just sent it today when I started this thread. I reported it to AdSense two days ago.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11733582_f520.jpg

Source: http://www.copyright.gov/onlinesp/list/a_agents.html

1. Jayne Lancer profile image92
          Jayne Lancerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much for the valuable information, Glen. One of mine has also been copied. I've just sent a DMCA infringement notice to abuse@wholesaleinternet.net, as you advise. This is the third one I've had to send today, although the other two were for copied articles on Blogspot. It doesn't end!

2. Glenn Stok profile image96

WF: That email address didn't work either. All DMCA takedown notices are ignored by Wholesale Internet . It's three weeks later now. I will post a full story of this situation below in this forum. It gets interesting and many Hubbers need to follow up on this too as I find a lot of stolen hubs there.

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Perfect, Glen.

And if anyone finds a copying site where their registration info appears faked or inaccurate, don't forget to fire off a complaint to the site's ISP immediately.  Those violations get entire domains taken down at once.

3. PegCole17 profile image93
      PegCole17posted 9 years agoin reply to this

"So everyone should do a Google search using a sentence from your hub in quotes and the site's URL. This will show you any plagiarized copies of your hub on that site."

Glenn, Would you please clarify this statement for me? Type in the site url and then a sentence on the same Google search box?
      Peg

Yes you said that correctly Peg. More specifically, enter the search like this…
        "sentence from your hub" site:liveverify.com

1. PegCole17 profile image93
          PegCole17posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Glenn.

2. Nom-The-Plum profile image62
    Nom-The-Plumposted 9 years ago

Thank you for the tip. I'll save this advice for the future.

3. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image82
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 9 years ago

I have found a violation.Thanks for the information. What should I do now ?

4. profile image0
    julieannbradyposted 9 years ago

Glenn, thanks for alerting us hubbers about this. I took a quick look and don't believe my content is of interest to them. Pretty ironic that I see "© LIVE verify" on the bottom of the pages.

5. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 9 years ago

On Oct 8th, 2014 I spoke with Lauren at Wholesale Internet about several plagiarized copies of my hub on liveverify (dot) com, hosted by them.

I asked Lauren for a live contact since no one is responding to the several DMCA takedown notices that I had sent over the past three weeks -- to abuse@wholesaleinternet.net and to legal@wholesaleinternet.com, as well as direct to her at Lauren@datashack.net. 

I asked for a name of their present copyright attorney and she refused. She said all communication needs to be through email only. I asked for any real person. She refused to give me a real name. I asked for her boss and she said his name is Aaron (no last name) and refused to give me a direct phone number to reach him.

I realize she did not hesitate to give me her boss's name because he is listed on copyright.gov as the official agent to receive notifications as Aaron Wendel. But his listed phone number is Lauren's phone and she refuses to put me through to him.   

I have found many hubs from other Hubbers plagiarized on liveverify (dot) com. Look for yours and follow up on this.

If you find a plagiarized copy of your hub on that site, call Lauren at 816-256-3031. Hopefully when enough of us call, Wholesale Internet will realize they need to obey the law of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act when a takedown notice is sent.

6. profile image0

Glenn, have you tried googling him with his full name in quotes? I found some interesting reading!!

Wow Julie, Now I know why I see so many stolen hubs on their site. It's amazing that U.S. marshals had to commandeer their hard drives, and Aaron Wendel is still ignoring my DMCA takedown notices. I'm surprised that Wholesale Internet, Inc. is still in business. Thanks for bringing that too my attention to do a Google search.

7. profile image0

Yes, Glenn ... I was seriously thinking "oh my" and perhaps understanding why he might be evasive. That was 2011 -- so makes the issue even more interesting that issues have been going on for several years. Perhaps he's plain worn out? wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)