Text Capsule Still Has Problems Saving

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

I'm still having problems saving text capsules that have links in them.

I've been having the problem for months now. Every now and then I can't save text capsules that have contextual links within the capsule. I'm using Firefox and I've tried Safari today.

I can only get it to work most of the time on IE when at home. It's just a pain to have to go back and enter in the link after everything is already set.

I just tried saving the capsule and nothing. I saved the hub and nothing. Ended up losing part of my work, actually.

2. Everyday Miracles profile image84
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

I am losing text capsules that *don't* have contextual links in them. I've actually deleted several hubs in frustration!

3. larryfreeman profile image77
    larryfreemanposted 14 years ago

Hi Whitney05, Everyday Miracles,

Thanks for posting this issue.  I am sorry that the text capsule has been letting you down.

I have been trying to reproduce these issues and so far, I have not been able to reproduce the problem.  Let me make sure that I am clear on the issue:

When you have these save problems, is the autosave function working?  Is the green dot at the bottom green or red?

Are you able to reproduce the problem consistently or does it happen sporadically? 

Thanks,

-Larry

4. Everyday Miracles profile image84
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

I haven't been looking for the autosave to be honest, Larry.

I had this come up again today but with an Amazon Capsule. It was showing up, but when I previewed it was gone. I had to re-save the capsule twice in order to get anywhere with it.

I think Whitney and I might be having two different problems. Mine are saving but aren't showing up on the finished hub. And I have the same problem with *all* the capsules. I'm using FireFox.

5. Whitney05 profile image82

Larry, mine aren't saving at all with contextual links. I don't pay attention to the red/green of the auto save, so I'm not sure. And, it's near constant. When it happens the first time, it happens every time thereafter for that day, even after restarting the internet and the computer. I go home, and have to correct on IE at home, and it works fine.

I did lose a big chunk of text bc the link wouldn't save, so I lost all of the new text.

6. imadork profile image70
    imadorkposted 14 years ago

I've been having problems with the picture capsule.  It just freezes the screen when I try to save the added picture.  Anyone else?  Just wondering if it is on my end or Hubpages.  I have a couple of hubs ready to publish but I can't add pics.  Very frustrating.

1. JamaGenee profile image78
      JamaGeneeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dork, try publishing them w/o the pics, then go back, edit and try to add the pics.

Also, have you tried hitting refresh when it freezes??  That's what the Hupster suggested when people were having a similar problem a few months ago.

7. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 14 years ago

I have heard these kinds of problems so many times but never came across it my own. I never had problem as such. Yesterday itself I published a Hub (for Hubmob on how to plan a bachelor party) and it all went like a knife over butter.

Maybe for you guys it is because of browser problem or network speed problem.

1. Whitney05 profile image82
      Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have had a few problems with saving pictures lately, but not that bad. I usually just have to pull the box back up and re-upload and it works fine the second time.

I believe it's browser because I have only had the problem with contextual links (again links being to other hubs) on IE once, but almost nearly every time with Firefox.

The network speed isn't a problem either- at work or home- both network speeds are fine.

1. packerpack profile image60
        packerpackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Strange! because for me firefox works just fine. I never work on IE at all. Looks like Larry has to step in. I guess he is already working on it.

8. larryfreeman profile image77

Hi Everyone,

The main issue from my side is that I am not able to reproduce the problem.

If anyone can list the steps that consistently cause the problem, that will really help.

-Larry

9. Whitney05 profile image82

Just wanted to bump. Larry, I just experienced the issue again. I added a link within a text capsule to another hub. I continued writing in the capsule, and it wouldn't save. It saved before I had added the link. I finished what I wanted to say, removed the link, and it saved fine.

I'm in firefox on a Mac.

I don't have as many problems using my PC at home as I do the Mac, but at work it's what I've got at the moment.

1. larryfreeman profile image77
      larryfreemanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Whitney.

I'll see if I am able to reproduce the issue using Firefox on a Mac.

-Larry

2. mehra profile image60
      mehraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whitney, can you send me some info regarding your exact OS, browser version etc. Also the exact text of the hub and the links you're using (exactly like you use them) will help us may be replicate and isolate the problem.

On a Mac the OS can be found by clicking on the apple icon on the top left and then selecting, about this mac. For finding the browser click on firefox or safari and about "browser name". If you can email team@hubpages.com and address it to me that'll be great. Thanks.

10. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I'm running Firefox on a Mac, and I've not seen any of the problems that Whitney is describing.

11. Whitney05 profile image82

I just wanted to bump this up. On firefox, I'm trying to save a link within a text capsule for another hub. It just won't save that capsule. Take out the link, and everything saves fine.

Is it because I'm on a Mac? Since others using firefox haven't seen the problem? It seems to do this when I'm at work. I've had the issue fewer times when at home.

I just saw this... I did what you said, and there's no browser info there. It comes up with options for processor, memory, and starup disk (which all three just give me that info). There are two clickable options- 1) for software updates and 2) for more info. When I click more info, there's nothing for browser that I can see.

I'm using Firefox 3.5.3 It's been updated several times since I've first had the issue, and it's still occurring.

Hi Whitney,

Thanks for the additional details.  I'll try on Friday to see if can reproduce your issue on a Mac. 

Also, which hub are you trying to link to?

Thanks,

-Larry

12. Whitney05 profile image82

Still isn't working. I went to edit two hubs. In both capsules that I was trying to edit there was a link to the other hub. They've been sitting for several minutes and will not save the newly edited info.

I removed the info, and the capsule still wouldn't save, but it left the capsule in it's original form. It also froze up the screen after removing the new text and trying to resave the capsule. I had to just close that tab.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Spaying-Your-Female-Dog
    and
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Female-Dog-in-Heat

Hm.. It looks like it saved after just closing the tabs. *shrugs*

Must've been a fluke. I went to add a little more info, and now it won't save and just deletes the info. Tried just closing the tab again, and that didn't work this time.

Hi Whitney,

Thanks for the additional information.  I tried adding links to a hub using the text capsule on Mac/Firefox and it worked for me.

Are you doing any copy-and-paste into your hub when the problem occurs?  If so, which application are you copying from?

Thanks,

-Larry

13. Whitney05 profile image82

The only copy and paste that I'm doing is copying and pasting the URL into the text.

14. larryfreeman profile image77

Hi Whitney,

We found an issue that may be related to your problems.

I'll let you know when the fix gets posted to the web site.

-Larry

15. larryfreeman profile image77

Hi Whitney,

OK, a fix went out.  This fixes a related issue which may or may not fix your issue.

If you are still experiencing the problem, please let us know.

-Larry

16. Whitney05 profile image82

Sadly, it didn't fix the problem. :-(

Maybe it's just me, and I'm not meant to add contextual links while at work. Sad... I have to find ways around it. I've been adding link capsules where I'd much rather add a contextual link. Guess it's just not meant to be right now. :-/ Just sucks I can't even edit info when there's a contextual link in the capsule.

17. rancidTaste profile image63
    rancidTasteposted 14 years ago

Dear larryfreeman, I am also facing the same problem.

18. larryfreeman profile image77

Hi Whitney, RancidTaste,

I have not been able to reproduce the problems on Firefox on Mac.

Whitney, is it possible that one of your browser add-ons is causing the problem?  Are you any browser add-ons with Firefox?

-Larry

19. rancidTaste profile image63
    rancidTasteposted 14 years ago

Dear Larryfreeman,

I am using Firefox and Google Chrome in Windows 7. Firefox has only one add-ones i.e. Google Toolbar and no other add-ones. I uninstall Google Toolbar and then restart the browser. Now, it works.

But the tag toolbar is not still working. I don't know others having the same problem or not. Is there any solution? If yes, would you please tell me the solution

Thanks
    -rancidTaste

Hi RancidTaste,

Thanks for the info!  If I understand correctly, the only issue you are now facing is with the tag toolbar.

Which hub is having the problem or does the problem occur for all hubs?

Thanks,

-Larry

1. rancidTaste profile image63
        rancidTasteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dear larryfreeman,

Thanks for your reply. The text capsules problem is totally solved for me.

But the tag toolbar problem is not yet have solved. I tried it for the last 5 published hubpages (including the new one while I was writing) and it's not working.

Thanks with regards.
        -rancidTaste

20. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Dear Larry,

Today has been the worst day yet for me to try to save a text capsule. It stalls while it says it's loading. I lose my text when I try to save. It happens sporadically. Apparently no pattern. Sometimes it saves half of the text.

The link box is just a study in frustration. The same thing is happening. I save my link capsule. And then I save my hub. When I look at the hub half of my links are missing.

I use Internet Explorer 7 and Windows 6 and am a very basic person when it comes to the technology I use. But I am having to do everything twice it seems and save stuff constantly. So my productivity these days is about half of what it should be.

I know you're working on it. And I appreciate it.

Hi Nelle,

Thanks for the info.  When you say Windows 6, do you mean Windows 7?  Or do you mean Windows XP or Windows Vista?

Thanks,

-Larry

21. ethel smith profile image83
    ethel smithposted 14 years ago

Only saw this posting after I had posted a new message. My text capsules have gone crazy today and I am unable to edit or complete a new Hub.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)