Choose Your Own Adventure!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 53 discussions (57 posts)
  1. JaShinYa profile image60
    JaShinYaposted 14 years ago

Alright! I've done this once before on another forum that had nothing to do with writing, and it was a huge success and we had lots of fun!
    Basically, I write a story in parts. At the end of each part, I give options for everyone to choose from. Whichever option is voted for the most, I will write the next part based off of that!

There is also another way to do this in which I write the story and then anyone can give suggestions. Then whichever one I like best, I will write based off of that person's suggestions. Let me know which way sounds more fun!

I'm going to start off by giving four choices for what KIND of story you want this to be. Remember, this is all off of the top of my head so anything could happen!

1. Murder Mystery

2. Urban Fantasy

3. Romantic Thriller

4. Horror

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
      mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Horror please.

2. Fancy Poet Girl profile image79
      Fancy Poet Girlposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Romantic Thriller

2. TimTurner profile image70
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

Murder mystery.

3. Richard Craig profile image60
    Richard Craigposted 14 years ago

Horror please

4. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

Hit me with a murder mystery

5. JaShinYa profile image60

Mureder Mystery- 2

Urban Fantasy- 0

Romantic Thriller- 0

Horror- 1

Keep them votes a comin'!

1. Fancy Poet Girl profile image79
      Fancy Poet Girlposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Romantic Thriller. But maybe add a little horror in there. Keep things spicy.

6. Richard Craig profile image60

Ok, nobody else is going to take part then atleat put a little horror in the mix for me.

7. Jonathan Janco profile image61
    Jonathan Jancoposted 14 years ago

Romantic Thriller . . . I just like the sound of that!

8. Black Lilly profile image61
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

Horror!

And make it thrilling big_smile

9. JaShinYa profile image60

I can definately add in a little of the others for all of you! Just want to find a main base for now.

I'll start the story tomorrow after there's been a chance for evryone to vote!

So far:

Murder Mystery-2

Urban Fantasy-0

Romantic Thriller-1

Horror-2

Let some others know about this so we can get this thing cookin!

10. jackson wright profile image60
    jackson wrightposted 14 years ago

I'm wondering what an Urban Fantasy would be.  If no one else votes for that, however, I choose Romantic Thriller.

11. JaShinYa profile image60

Urban Fantasy is taking any normal fantasy charachteristics (Elves, Dwarfs, Vampires, Magic, etc..) and adding them to the real world or a futuristic setting.

12. JaShinYa profile image60

It's a tight race! keep the votes coming! Participation is a huge part in this!

Murder Mystery-2

Urban Fantasy-0

Romantic Thriller-2

Horror-2

13. bukan profile image60
    bukanposted 14 years ago

I love to taste the new one, 1,3 znd 4 i have tasted i will go for 2nd one

14. Lissa Lynn profile image67
    Lissa Lynnposted 14 years ago

Romantic thriller!! smile

15. JaShinYa profile image60

Romantic Thriller takes a lead and number 2 finally gets one!

Murder Mystery-2

Urban Fantasy-1

Romantic Thriller-3

Horror-2

Tonight I will be beginning, so there's still the whole day to get fellow hubbers to vote!

16. K Partin profile image59
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

#1 Murder Mystery please! smile

17. JaShinYa profile image60

So far a tie! Get your hubber buddies in here to vote to get your favorite!

Murder Mystery-3

Urban Fantasy-1

Romantic Thriller-3

Horror-2

18. Sauvignon profile image61
    Sauvignonposted 14 years ago

Can it be a Fantasy Mystery??

Fantasy Mystery!!
    smile

19. JaShinYa profile image60

haha. I can add in a little of each. I just want something to have a base.

20. JaShinYa profile image60

Alright everyone! It's that time to start this baby up! Thanks to everyone who voted and anyone who is coming in, please feel free to jump in on the participation!

The winner is Murder Mystery! By half a vote. haha. But no worries, if you voted for another genre. I'll try my best to add a little bit of each into it. smile

21. Richard Craig profile image60

Damn! oh well.  looking forward to it

1. Indigestion profile image59
      Indigestionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me too now... smile

22. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

WHoo Hooo!  Sorry I wasn't here to vote but very glad I got my wish - always up for a good murder mystery!

23. JaShinYa profile image60

PART 1

I stepped into the night's fresh air... and out of the blood pooled on the floor of this low-grade apartment's kitchen. Taking a deep breath, I walked to the side of a rusted dumpster to wretch my guts out. This was the nastiest crime scene I've ever laid witness to. I couldn't let my young partner see me blowing my chunks all over the alley way. My reputation as Clay Macleroy was even keeled and tough as nails. I'm pretty sure upchucking my dinner qualified as spastic and tough as a powder puff.

"Clay?" Miles Hanley, my partner, called for me.

"What is it Hanley?" I wiped my mouth clean before he came out to speak to me.

"I- I don't know if I can hold it together anymore. It's a nightmare in there." His innocent blue eyes filled with tears. Poor kid.

I punched his arm. "Suck it up, rookie. We got a job to do. After you're done growing a pair, get back to me so I can bounce some thoughts off you. No one seems to know why Senator Brodsky would need to rent an apartment in Anacostia with a back door leading from the kitchen to this shitty ally. He must have had a death wish."

Miles sniffed his nose and looked down, "Sorry, Clay. I'll get cleaned up. But you should know that forensics figured out that all this blood doesn't belong to him. 'least not only him. It's him, his wife, his two kids... even his fuckin' dog."

"Jesus", I said with a hint of blasphemy.

The kid went back inside, hurrying past the gore and straight to the washroom. I decided to stay outside the door to think. What could have brought the senator and the entire Brodsky family to this hellhole in the middle of DC?

1. Search for clues

2. Interview residents

3. Head back to the station to try and sort this out

4. Go on gut instinct

PS: Let me know how you like it! If you like the voting method, awesome! If you think me picking one of your ideas is better, let me know! Also, if you have any constructive writing criticism, don't be afraid to share it! Let the voting commence!

24. Carmen Borthwick profile image59
    Carmen Borthwickposted 14 years ago

Go on gut instinct

25. JaShinYa profile image60

Thanks Carmen! 1 for Clay's instinct!

26. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

"instinct"

27. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I use to LOVE reading these type of books. I wanted to wrtie one of my own but yea I doubt I could be that clever lol

28. JaShinYa profile image60

I always read the Goosebumps version of these when I was younger. I always thoguht it was awesome to be able to participate in a story. Do you have a preference, crazd?

That's 2 for instinct!

29. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I use to read the Goosebump ones too! lol they were great!
    And I say the same as the other two gut instinct. big_smile

30. JaShinYa profile image60

2 for instinct! Thanks Crazd and Rope!

31. Black Lilly profile image61
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

I'd say search for clues.

Anyway, this thing is great!!!

32. JaShinYa profile image60

Thanks Lilly!

Search for clues-1

Interview residents-0

Go back to the station-0

Go on instinct-2

33. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

Instinct!  Every time.

34. JaShinYa profile image60

Thanks lorlie!

I can tell already this story is going to be fun! All of you are very unpredictable. :p

Another for instinct!

35. jackson wright profile image60
    jackson wrightposted 14 years ago

Gut instinct.

36. JaShinYa profile image60

4 for instinct!

37. JaShinYa profile image60

Still time to vote!

38. Richard Craig profile image60

if it's not too late, search for clues

39. JaShinYa profile image60

Not yet! Another for clues. I'll give 2 days for voting in between parts. I may change that later, but i'll let everyone know if I do.

Thanks Richard!

40. Luciendasky profile image60
    Luciendaskyposted 14 years ago

instinct....

Side note: my goodness Crazd, you sure got old fast wink

41. JaShinYa profile image60

Another instinct! if anyone wants another choice, better get to voting!

42. JaShinYa profile image60

Still time! I'll be adding a new part tonight!

43. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 14 years ago

romantic murder mystery.. is that possible?

44. JaShinYa profile image60

It is possible and I'm planning on adding a little of each genre, but the base is Murder Mystery. That part of the voting is already done, though. Read the first part of the story and let me know what your next vote is!

45. JaShinYa profile image60

Gut Instinct has it!

Part 2

I couldn't stand being in this dump anymore. After thinking about my next move, I decided I had bigger and better dumps to move on to. I had a feeling about this case. I held my breath and tried not to look around as I stepped back into the apartment kitchen. I ignored the fact that I accidentally stepped on a chuck of Brodsky and went down the small hallway leading to the right. Hanley stood outside of the bathroom, drying his hands.

"Did you pull yourself together?", I said while looking him up and down.

He nodded his head, "Yeah. So I was thinkin'... the only person I can think of to do this to the guy is-"

"Enoch", I finished for him.

The rookie looked bewildered, "How'd you know I was gonna say that?"

The kid should know by now.

"C'mon", I said with a half-cocked smile, "We've gotta get moving."

We headed towards the front door, but soon were intercepted by my best friend, The Captain. Best. Day. Ever.

"Mac!", he yelled out his beautiful belligerent voice before stepping in front of us, "You're tracking blood around the crime scene! What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

"Well, Captain, I'm tracking blood around the crime scene", I replied politely. He was so pleased with my manners, he almost burst a vein.

"You looking for a pink slip, Macleroy?"

I smiled, "No sir, I'm looking for a murderer." With that, I grabbed Miles by the back of his neck and shoved him towards the door while i followed. The Captain and I always play like that.

Finally stepping through the front door, I spied my car car a block down the road. "Why the hell is my car over there?" I asked, eying the kid.

"Forensics asked if they could park in front of the house, so I moved it for them", Miles said while nervously rubbing his hands.

"You... you drove my car?" I seethed. I've had my car since I was his age. What he did was like taking a baby from its crib and moving it to a new crib two houses down.

"They- they said if i didn't they'd tell The Cap-"

"I don't give a shit who told you what!" I shot a hole through him with my eyes, "That car is never to be touched by you again, or you're life is forfeit, got it?"

Still wringing his hands, he nodded enthusiastically.

"Good. You'll be washing her for the next month."

"But you said not to touch it!"

"Shut up", I said while walking to my car. Miles ran after me, but kept his distance.

Fifteen minutes later, we arrived at a run down warehouse marked "Canned Goods". Nice cover.

We got out of the car, and walked towards the door. An armed thug stood next to the entrance.

I waved at him. "Canned goods must be in high demand if they need guards with guns."

He stared down at me from under his neanderthal brow.

"Got a permit for that thing?" I asked, gesturing towards his AK-47.

"The fuck you want?" he grunted at me.

With my usual charm, I replied, "I need to see your boss, you ass wipe."

He gave me the grumpy face, before raising the end of his gun, to butt me with it.

"Settle down, you gorilla in the mist. Diane Fossey wouldn't approve."

Oh, Enoch. I always did admire his sense of humor.

"Come in, Clay. We can speak in my office."

"Why thank you." I gratefully bowed and mock tipped my hat to the thug, "Keep our friend company, Hanley." He started to protest, but I shut the door before he could say anything.

Once inside, I followed Enoch into his office.

He offered me a seat, which I sat down in. "So", he began, "what can I help you with?"

"You killed Senator Brodsky", I coyly answered.

He nodded slowly as if running newly found information through his mind. "Why would I kill him?", he questioned.

"That was going to be my next question", I stated, "Was it because he help fund that huge dug bust last April? Or was it the fact that he called you out on national television?"

Enoch considered the questions, "All good reasons", he nodded again, "But unfortunately it was not me."

"Are you really going to play hardball, Enoch?"

"I'm not playing anything, Clay. Now, if you're done accusing me of random murders, I have canned goods to get back to. You can show yourself out, right?"

Either Enoch had developed a great poker face, or he was telling the truth. How was I going to get information?

1. Beat the crap out of Enoch

2. Give up on him

3. Stake him out

4. Keep him on the list of suspects and head back to the crime scene.

PS: Let's get lot's of votes everyone! And feel free to chat about the story! I love interaction!

46. JaShinYa profile image60

Hope to see everyone's votes come flooding in! We've got 2 days!

47. resspenser profile image71
    resspenserposted 14 years ago

Stake him out.
    You only went there to shake something loose. No one confesses under "gentle" questioning!

48. JaShinYa profile image60

Thanks resspenser! Let's get some more votes!

49. JaShinYa profile image60

Still need those votes!

50. JaShinYa profile image60

More votes!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)