Don't I deserve to be on the hubpages and the forum.

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (104 posts)
  1. richypee profile image59
    richypeeposted 14 years ago

I posted a topic on, 'I will definitly publish 70 hubs a week because I got time for that'. Nelle Hoxie and Marisa Wright advised me to review and have good layout on my hubs, also I need to write over 800 words for my hubs to be ranked by google. Today I check my hubs and they're all been flagged as duplicate. Don't I deserve good things on hubpages. If I did anything wrong to a hubber, can't that hubber tell me the wrong that I did or forgive me. Anyway I hope hubpages management will consider my hubs to be published.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i wouldn't feel too bad about it.  in fact, like over 10 of my hubs are flagged saying the exact same thing, yet all it effects is the score on them.  when i contacted hubpages about that, they told me it's because if you blog on other site besides here.  i.e. yahoo, myspace, and so on.  then it'll flag your hub if you just copy and paste a blog, you may have written like a few years ago on myspace onto here.  that's why i don't blog anywhere else except here anymore to avoid such issues.  you see when i was a kid, i used to review films online since i was 13, so most of my reviews are copied and pasted from ones i wrote on yahoo a while back. 

you catch my drift?  it's probably only saying that because you have the same blog written on another site somewhere, as that would be the only explanation i can give.  however, if that's not the case, then i don't know what to tell you then.  anyway, i hope that helps.

2. mintinfo profile image62
      mintinfoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would advise you to change your pic to an avatar. Social sites are full of people who are intolerant of any opinions differing from their own or intolerant of people of different ethnicity.

1. Eric Graudins profile image59
        Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I must be missing something here.
        Please tell me how opinions or ethnicity have anything to do with what is being discussed in this thread??

Thanks,
        Eric G.

1. Misha profile image63
          Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He meant to call you a racist my friend, cause OP is obviously black and you are white - well, at least on those parts of your double head that are available for observation. lol

1. darkside profile image64
            darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, he's pink. But his beard is very white.

1. chinweike profile image59
              chinweikeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hehehe

2. Misha profile image63

That's exactly what I meant tongue

2. chinweike profile image59

I can't even understand that myself. Am from Nigeria and writing here from Nigeria and nobody had ever flagged my hub

1. blondepoet profile image66
            blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Omg everyone deserves to be here pink, black, white, green....

1. profile image0
              Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, you're too nice....big_smile

Honestly colour doesn't bother me, the only problem I have with colour is when my white pants turn purple in the wash. Grrrrrrrrr.

1. profile image0
                  Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, you have a point, although purple in and of itself isn't all that bad. big_smile

2. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Has someone been intolerant in this thread ?
        show me where.

1. profile image0
          shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this
          1. tantrum profile image60
            tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just what I was thinking!
            lol

1. profile image0
              shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

weird Tantrum... I was thinking the exact comment in another thread at the same time!  You said sex!  hehehe

3. DogSiDaed profile image60
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Err well I'm not sure about this, but a quick check on your official blog that I visited shows that THEY were all copied. It's not tough to find copied articles.

4. wsp2469 profile image60
      wsp2469posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know what?
      You should probably talk to the HP people themselves and not waste time getting our opinions.
      The HP people are paid to answer your questions and are trained to do so as well.
      Mind you, it doesn't mean no one i here is right but going directly to the source worked best for me and I have had BULK flaggings--which is why after months my HP score is still under 89--lol!

2. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

No, you do not deserve anything if you have copied your work.

3. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Were these articles that you had posted somewhere else?

4. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

Don't copy.

richypeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Never copied any articles, I wrote them myself, a hubber told me he's gonna knock of all my hubs when posted this on the forum "I will definitely publish 70 hubs a week". Suddenly he flagged one hub of mine.And today hubpages e-mailed me that my hubs needs revision.

1. profile image0

well did you used to blog on other sites?  maybe under another e-mail address for say like yahoo, myspace, facebook, or whatever?

I started blogging 2 months ago and I have never published any blog of mine on hubpages

2. richypee profile image59

Why did they unpublished all my hubs.

1. profile image0

i honestly couldn't say because im not working in the hubpages administrative staff.  however, if you scroll back and read what i said previously, that might explain it.  if you used to have a different e-mail address that you blogged under, then that might be the reason you got flagged.  however, if that's not the case, and you believe your in the wrong, then all i can tell you is to contact hubpages immediately and let them know about your displeasure in this as it's probably just a misunderstanding.

3. TMMason profile image60
        TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I find it hard to believe that you wrote numerous hubs and they all coincedentally have tons of duplicate material.

IDK about that one bro?

4. Eric Graudins profile image59

That's interesting.
        You currently have one hub about Insurance.

Which has exactly the same text as an article published on October 15th at http://rhodeswilliams.blogspot.com/2009 … at-is.html

(Edit: richie is a fast worker. His insurance hub was removed about 5 minutes after I  posted this)

And that same article has also been published on many other websites.

Please tell us how all of these sites come to have your
        "original" article on it?

And another thing I found really strange.
        I visited your blog, where an article about WebKinz is on the front page.
        http://www.richypee.blogspot.com/

The content of that article is identical to this hub written by Maddie Ruud, our HubPages moderator quite some time ago.
        http://hubpages.com/hub/Webkinz-Clothin … ne-Recipes

How do you explain this?

I refer you to P.T. Barnum's famous saying:
        "You can fool some of the people all of the time,
        and all of the people some of the time.
        But you can't fool all of the poeople all of the time".

Eric G.

Good morning Sean....what a nice early morning surprise, just read your post here lol. Oh dear!!!

5. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

I read the other thread, and it was mentioned several of your hubs had NO words.  I even checked out a couple that were like that myself.  Perhaps that is also part of your issue?

Just write original content that is not posted anywhere else on the web, and you should be okay.  Try taking a look at hubs by the people who responded to you in the other thread for some good examples.

6. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Richie, everyone here wants you to succeed. Those who don't aren't the type of community members that really represents us. So no one is against you. A few have pointed out that your hubs may not comply with all the rules, or that the content isn't satisfactory or whatever. These critiques aren't to try to get you to go away, they are to try to help you make the corrections in your hubs you need to make in order to be successful.

So read the rules, listen to what the experienced, pro-hubbers are saying redo your present hubs and then meet your goal. So it's going to be a little harder at first than you thought, but this may be a really great opportunity to hone your skills.

I say go for it.

Thanks Daniel Carter, I will do as you said.

7. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

Your hubs were not marked duplicate, they were moderated as substandard, because they do not contain any text, only one or two photos and one or two videos per hub.

thanks maddie for your response, but I believe not all my hubs should be moderated as substandard.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
        Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes, if we detect a pattern in most of someone's hubs, we moderate all their hubs at once.  You are free to resubmit any hubs you believe meet our standards, but be warned that repeatedly resubmitting hubs that are not within our rules will result in the banning of your account, so make sure you bring each hub into compliance before you hit that publish button.

Am pleased, thanks.

2. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The hubpages system and indeed site is a writers site and is advertised as such, so maybe you just have to do some writing and then publish your hubs, make sure they are top notch before publishing them and simply move on to the next hubpage and the next!

3. blondepoet profile image66

Hi richy all hubpages are asking you to do is edit your hubs and then they can be published again. You have to have words in a hub as if you don't then there is no story. Without no story then there is nothing to read. If people just want to watch videos they go to U Tube.
        I am sure you can find some great ways to improve them, and just think when they are published again, they are going to be 100 times better than what they were before.
        It is all trial and error and I really wish you good luck you seem a very smart man.

4. darkside profile image64
        darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Like I said in the other thread, I had a look at your hubs and they consisted of one stolen image (off of ShutterStock, they were still watermarked) and two youtube videos. I could produce 70 of them in one day, and they'd make me no money whatsoever.

Not sure if you removed them or if HP HQ has flagged them, but here's a cache of these hubs:

Money Much

How to Ehow

How to Steak

How to Perfect

Let me give you a tip, these are examples of substandard.

8. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

copied work does not apply.  Also, not taken kindly by HubPages.  Original material only.

9. Dale Mazurek profile image61
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Dude I just checked the one Hub you have published and I found at least a dozen places where it is posted exactly word for word.

Please dont say your work is original because it is very easy to check.

Just write unique content and all will be good.

Dale

10. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Good luck richie smile
    Just re-do your hubs and republish. We all want you to succeed:)

11. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

1. myownworld profile image74
      myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

12. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

Hello Richie,

Why don't you answer my questions?
    Must be because you've been busy removing hubs, and changing your profile page.

I see that the link to the webkinz site has disappeared from your profile, and has been replaced by a link to  http://necessitiesfortheworld.blogspot.com/

Which contains articles on car insurance, mesothelioma, colon cleansing, and green tea.

Truly a wonderful range of expertise you have.
    And it looks like many other sites have also stolen the content that you have worked so hard to produce for that site.

Must be SO frustrating for you.

Eric G.

Eric did I ever tell you that you would make a great detective. I have a pair of handcuffs in my drawer to start you off, they may only be plastic but it is the thought that counts.
      Seriously u really are a smart guy.

BP, you'd probably freak out if you knew what I used to do.
        And thanks for the thought. They'd be handy to connect us so that I don't fall of the back of your jetski when you take me for a ride lol

Haa Eric that is not what you hung on to last time I took you for a spin. They weren't head-lights you know!!!

Funny, I could have sworn they were headlights.
            They were so hot my hands were smoking! lol

13. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Just be patient and accept al the recommendations here,plus you know it yourself so improve on it, it will give you satisfaction if you can publish hubs which are original, then you can call yourself a writer, GOOD LUCK to you,

14. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

We all have to work really hard here to make our hubs as best as we can.  Many of us have to keep revising our hubs to improve - especially if you are new (like me).  It is learning all the time.  Hubpages is not an easy ride for easy money.  Im not being rude, but anyone can publish blankish hubs with videos.  Pictures and videos are there to enhance the quality of the overall hub... it is the writing that makes it what it is!

Good luck and try and string some good words together... its a steep learning curve but if you want a challenge then go for it!

15. whiteorchids profile image61
    whiteorchidsposted 14 years ago

Original work and no copying , research and write quality content.

16. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

lol

17. mintinfo profile image62
    mintinfoposted 14 years ago

I apologize to all and hubpages. My opinions are from personal bad experiences.

Is ok. That is the hub spirit at work. spirit of love.
      I love this community!!

yes, In all but a minority of cases it is your actions and behaviour that determines how you will be treated by this community.
        Things like hairstyle, number of limbs, colour, and number of heads are irrelevant lol

sure!

2. Misha profile image63

Relax, I don't think your bad experience was here. We can trash your opinion, but we really don't care if you are pink or blue. smile

3. profile image0
      Denno66posted 14 years ago

We all deserve to be here; I can't even say that with a straight face.....  lol

4. blondepoet profile image66
      blondepoetposted 14 years ago

You know it was only yesterday I was going to paint my face like spiderman.....

1. Misha profile image63

I can paint the rest of your body, too wink

Careful BP. You better find out what he wants to use as a brush first lol

P.S. Nice avatar Misha. Best one yet!

Good point Eric or if he is intending to use my electric toothbrush I made the batteries on that go flat last week sanding the bathroom.

No, I don't think he wants to use your electric toothbrush to paint you with. I reckon he would want to use his nose. Or big toe. Or some other body part. yikes:

By the way RichyPee,
              Feel free to jump in anytime and answer my questions to you.

We're just mucking around a bit while we're waiting.

Oh my he just might get a little toey.!!!!I hope he don't get paint in my hair I might have to wear a shower cap in case hahahah.

2. DogSiDaed profile image60
                DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hasn't he deleted about 60 hubs? Or is that just me...

When I first saw this thread this morning, there wer 0 hubs.
                  Then 1 on insurance, which quickly disappeared after my post.
                  They were replaced with 3 more.

Dunno what's there now.
                  Don't care either.

Having too much fun hangin out with BP and Misha. It's been a long time lol

1. Cagsil profile image70
                    Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

Hell yea me too smile

3. blondepoet profile image66

yea you all come back now u here!!!!
                We are just sorting through our painting utensils while we wait.

2. Misha profile image63

Thanks Eric. My 6 yo painting result shot it smile

I'm worried now Mish how I'm going to end up in this whole little paint job. DO I need to bring a raincoat?

No, just your handcuffs and a bit of chain to wrap round your knees tightly to keep them together would do I think. lol
                Seems like Mish is very frisky in the new year lol
                Anyway, stop it you guys. I'm trying to work.

I don't have any chains 'ole Bill Ding next door never returned them when he escaped from my downstairs dungeon last Thursday. I could however use a little cling wrap, that should hold it all together.Could always pop some lunch in there first, that should keep it fresh, don't know how long these professional painters take these days to do the job.

Many years ago there was a lady named Sandy where I worked, who used to tell us all about her weekend adventures with a series of men. Clingwrap featured prominently. My mind boggled!

And I don't think that Misha's painting would take long.
                    A few seconds maybe lol lol

1. Misha profile image63

Now THAT is a personal attack! I gonna report it! lol

A couple of hours at the very least tongue

2. blondepoet profile image66

You reckon Eric that's faster than it takes Clint Eastwood to draw his pistol. Geez,what's a gal to do??

You're trying to work Eric!!!!!!...... well how do you think I feel I've been trying to paint my toe-nails for the last half hour, but with all these distractions.

Deleted

1. Misha profile image63

Don't have a license, sorry. Can present the results of previous paintings though, 26, 6 and 4 years old wink

Misha, you almost made me choke on my sandwich.

Haaaa I choked on mine....

5. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years ago

He-he, be careful guys, I don't want to lose such a good canvas wink

6. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years ago

My tools and paint are sterile, so no raincoat needed - unless you want to prevent the world from seeing the painting results of course wink

oh it sounds awesome Mish, you obviously keep your tools in mint condition. I'll just bring a bottle of turps then.....

7. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I still love you though.smile

8. blondepoet profile image66

I KILLED 'EM BOTH. AGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You didn't kill them, just left them speechless. lol lol lol  Which, is actually quite impressive. big_smile

Haaaa Cags Mish is probably busy polishing his tools.

9. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years ago

Nothing to worry about Deb. Please, bring the thinner, I prefer KY brand. smile

Won't there be enough oils on the premises..ohhhh......I expect it shall be quite messy.

10. blondepoet profile image66

Gosh Richypee is going to be quite astounded when he returns.......

11. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years ago

The messier the merrier smile

And who is RichyPee?

Didn't he start this thread? The thread that Eric has most humbly corrupted. (shhhh we can blame Eric as he is not here to defend his honour.I think he is still in the outhouse extracting the tuna and anchovy sandwich lodged in his throat.)

12. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years ago

Ah, this one! I sorta forgot about him. I do get carried away with a girl like you, ya know. wink

And sure, we can blame everything on Eric - with two heads and one stuffed throat, who would believe him lol

Especially when he howls at midnight when that facial hair starts sprouting. I think his wife is getting fed up with mending all his ripped King-Gee shirts.....
        I had a ball....

13. blondepoet profile image66

Any way guys that was awesome fun, I have the painting appointment written down on my calender.Can hardly wait......See you all tomorrow....look after your tools Mish...so they're in top peak on the day. See you !!! smile smileI will leave you with a few ideas for your work
      http://s4.hubimg.com/u/1089495_f496.jpg

1. Misha profile image63

Love ya too smile

14. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years ago

Hmm, I thought this here thing was resolved long time back. It should be closed by now.

Hey u missed all the laughs here before Ralwus, Mish was going rapid and Eric choked on a sanger lol We kind of highjacked the thread waiting for the host to come back.

15. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years ago

I read through some of them earlier. Maybe I will go back and see what I have missed.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)