Where IS the outrage?

Jump to Last Post 1-49 of 49 discussions (102 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image72
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hey Hubberville,

Let me ask you something. I have noticed many different things have you distracted nowadays, from politics to sports to religion to disasters.

But, I would like to point out, something I read in a Hub and bring to light, because it is obviously being overlooked.

It's a HUB from Wavegirl22. She is much of a tomboy as most guys are men. However, she is a friend and I want to show her people do CARE about it and they should be outraged.

Simply because they are American citizens. smile

I ask you to check out the Hub and if outraged or happen to get inspired to do more, then my work will be done.

Please....look and see for yourself.

http://hubpages.com/hub/FREE-THE-HIKERS

This entire story seems to be missing in the news? I wonder why that is? Is it not important anymore?

Where IS the outrage?

1. caranoelle profile image79
      caranoelleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's very true.  Not to minimize the disaster in Haiti, but we haven't done much to help these Americans being held in Iran.  For what, going on a hike?  We can't manage to save three of our own.  It's sad.

2. wyanjen profile image70
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"However" she is a friend, you say?

That kinda makes it sound like a tomboy is a bad thing to be... tongue
      Don't make me kick your butt tongue

Thanks for posting this Ray. It's been on my mind since I saw that updated story... I can't get it out of my head actually. I've got a knot in my gut about it.

1. wavegirl22 profile image49
        wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

wyanjen  . . i took the tomboy as a compliment! And if it wasnt Im there right with ready to kick Rays butt!

I also have the same knot. .

1. wyanjen profile image70

Nah lol
          Ray doesn't have a tomboy prejudice. lol

I was just teasing him. I don't mind being called a tomboy either. I gave him a hard time for putting me in the "ladies" group lol

Back on topic: whether they should or should not have been there, whether they were naive, lied to, or misguided...
          None of that justifies what is happening to them.
          Yes, I realize that Americans do not carry American rights with them when they travel abroad.
          I get upset about this the most when I think about the public outcry when the journalists were imprisoned in North Korea... the political action that was taken... but that is not happening here.

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

By the way, well done Cagsil for drawing attention back to Wavegirl's Hub. This could help save lives, and both of you will deserve the recognition if it does.

Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Misty. smile

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

thanks Cagsil. i had forgotten about these guys.

It goes to Shari(wavegirl22). It's her hub. smile

3. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Actually there was a story running this weekend on CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/01/ … =allsearch

Two Belgians were in the prison with them...

It's not good...
    sad

Hey Jen, how are you today? smile

2. wavegirl22 profile image49

In that story. .the bikers describe that the prisoners can not even make eye contact with each other. They are in solitary confinement in a most notorious prison named Evin. The name in and of itself looks pretty similar to evil doesnt it. 

Scary. . very very scary.

Not one word from any American with any one of the three. Just a last text message to another who stayed behind that day who was supposed to meet up with them later that day. All it said was we are being taken into custody. Since that day 7 months and one day the only other contact with the outside world has been with a Swiss consulate member in Oct lets remember the US has no relations with Iran.

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Thanks for posting this, cagsil. I just finshed reading it and it definitely hurts the heart to read about the three hikers. sad

Well, it seems like it's been forgotten. And, Shari wanted to express her outrage that it's being dismissed.

And, she's right. It's a shame. It's very unfortunate they have been put into the middle of a pathetic pissing contest between two ridiculous governments.

It's the citizens, American citizens, are no longer protected.

It's a pathetic prick waving contest and it is absurd.

You know I read also that the border of that part of the world is jagged and the fine lines are not in print. . . and people in the village were telling them the most beautiful things they could hike and see. . can it just be a coincidence that in some remote spot the Iranian government just swooped in and nailed them. . for hiking. . oh no I think the charges against them .. are that they are spies. . .yeah right and their is no nuclear threat from these maniacs.

thanks cags.....

neutral
          yup

2. Cagsil profile image72

Spies? roll Do they look like spies? I mean come on. lol lol lol I mean how stupid does Iran think the world is? It's ridiculous.

5. Cagsil profile image72

America hasn't had any relationship with Iran, for the longest time now. hmm

6. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

sad

7. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

Not to put a damper on this because it's truly horrible, but putting yourself in the middle of a warzone where Mujahadeen are known to kidnap ppl and behead should not be allowed  in the first place and is truly not wise. I'm not saying this to be rude but to the few who truly do not know the horrible cliques of groups out in the world. My wifes island home in the philippinnes is just above the Mindanao region where AbuSayef terrorists are trying to break away from the government. Being an American or any foreigner puts ransom money signs in the eyes of terrorists. I never venture into Mindinao because of this. My bro-in-law is in the military there and always asks for bandolier/boots etc.. bcuz the govt cant pay for all the necessary equipment to fight these terrorists... DO NOT VENTURE INTO WAR TORN COUNTRIES OR REGIONS.. IT IS NOT A JOKE !!! when travelling abroad take it seriously, check your areas for signs of trouble and beware. So many ppl are unaware. Do not make yourself a target for these ppl. They are ruthless.

Ever heard of the American missionaries kidnapped in palawan , philippines?

Ever hear about positive energy . . that lecture lets save for when they come home and are safe.. . and let their parents give it to them for traveling there. . .also maybe read this and you may understand more. . .  http://www.thenation.com/doc/20090817/meckfessel

I dont know how old you are but these kids were living and working studying abroad. . I do not believe they are careless and did not know the dangers .. but in your 20's you look at the world different. . and even so is this the world that we should be passing down to the next generations. . .a world where one cant roam.

Send them some positive energy please.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen.

8. Cagsil profile image72

I said it once before and I'll be glad to repeat myself again.

American citizens on the outside world are looked upon as filth, dirt, because of Government actions. It has been this way for nowwhat 20+ years.

9. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

Just read the hub as I had not heard of these hikers before. I am shocked more attention is not being given to this, but I have at least linked to it on my Facebook site in the hope it will help draw more attention to the problem. Can I suggest many more of us do the same, or Twitter it etc.

thanks Misty- that is exactly what we all need to do . .and I know that the families of Sara Josh and Shane thank you.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
        mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That must make this so much more painful Wavegirl, and well done for bringing more attention to it. What can we do to help otherwise? Can't 'Amnesty International' get involved in some way?

2. Madison22 profile image60
      Madison22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Will do misty, good idea. And thank you wavegirl for your efforts!

10. Cagsil profile image72

Hey Jen, you talking about me behind my back? lol lol j/k. big_smile

Who, Me?
      http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angelic006.gif

tongue

11. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

Ok last night thanks to Cags more people now are aware of Sara Josh and Shane. . today the word needs to get out to even more.

Thanks to all that are getting the message to anyone they can. These kids need to come home!

One more minute in Evin prison is not their destiny . .spread the word . please spread the word.

12. Greg Cremia profile image62
    Greg Cremiaposted 14 years ago

Our government has more important things to do than bail these people out of jail. They broke the law. Their ignorance of the law is no excuse.

I am an excursion traveler and when I put myself in danger I do it at my own peril and I don't expect any help from the government should things go bad. (ie. I snuck into a country where I could have been arrested by their government or my own government for doing so)

I take responsibility for my own actions as should these three.

Like all the other times, the outcome of this will be the US will end up trading prisoners for their release. So, 3 enemies of the US will be released to get these people home. I hope they (our enemies) do not come back and inflict injury on innocent people.

ps I doubt their story. With a whole world to see they chose this god forsaken place to hike? Not likely.

13. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I think we should not interfere with natural selection taking its course. Even if we succeed, the final outcome will likely have more downside than upside on balance.

14. Cagsil profile image72

Natural selection?

When Shari brought this to my attention that enough wasn't being done, I agreed. Hence my reason for starting this thread.

If you disagree with it, then I am happy for you. The final outcome isn't likely to be the one we hope for regardless of what happens.

Iran is a pathetic funding source for terrorists, that simply attack and kill people because their way of life is different.

On a personal note- I'm appalled to see people treating other people this way and one of many thousands of reason I am starting to do something about it.

I cannot express enough, how morally wrong the action is and why it happens? I mean, come on already.

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

PLEASE dont take this the wrong way, Its a real question, something I really dont get.
      What does tweets and a hubpage thread DO.  I know, raise awareness...but how does that get them out?

15. caravalhophoto profile image60
    caravalhophotoposted 14 years ago

Ignorance...wow.

Cags...thanks for bringing this issue to the forefront.  It is in the news here in the US, the parents are fighting and keeping their plight alive.

Not to long ago we had two reporters go to jail in Korea for going across the boarder.  Kind of the same situation with these hikers, they went across the boarder. 

I'm sorry Greg, there just isn't a bright red line drawn down the middle of the sand/road/field/rocks/trees across the river to the right...oh and here is a thought, maybe they weren't on the wrong side of the property line...they are "humans" and are being held by "terrorists"...

I must also add...our Government Sucks!!!  The majority of the "people" in the US know this.  The people of the US are fighting for change...corruption...totally agree.  Republican or Democrat...we as the "people" want our Government to get it together.  But the one thing that I can say, that is great about this Country...we "the people" have a great big heart...and we don't want sufferage of the innocent...for Haiti, "the people", not our Government have give close to $100 million to help them.  Nurses, Doctors, even Actors have given their time and resources to be there.  We are broke, unemployeed, lost our houses, retirements, rebuilding States after natural disasters, homeless and hungry...yet we will help Other Countries, when our own is in a bad way.  Do you know how many of our own Citizens could use that help...we are a very giving heartfelt Country.
    I guess what I am trying to say...don't look at the "American People" as part of a system that we also want changed...we know it's broken and we are fighting for a permanent fix. smile Peace

16. Akhomesteader profile image72
    Akhomesteaderposted 14 years ago

Iran is a hostile nation they hate America's gut's why were these "hikers" over there? Bad judgment on their part doesn't make it an emergency on my part.

17. Izzy Anne profile image61
    Izzy Anneposted 14 years ago

How many prisoners are still in Guantanamo Bay, I wonder, and how many are held in countries where human rights don't apply so that they can be interrogated by US special agents. 

I feel sorry for All prisoners who are held without trial.

But frankly, the US cannot expect other countries to treat its citizens with respect if the US itself abducts people and flies them thousands of kilometres to a prison and keeps them there for years without a trial.

18. caravalhophoto profile image60

Did you know that the US, in these "wargames" do not allow any type of "torture methods", such as water boarding, mind f**cking, disgracing by photos, etc...it is considered cruel.  Our soldiers and CIA agents have gone on trial and been convicted in some cases.
    Yet, during these "wargames", we have had our soldiers beheaded, hung, caught on fire, held for years with no trial, or unfair trial and beheaded.
    We have had 18 and 19 year old children sent home to their families in body bags.  We had thousands of people killed when 4 different fn planes were used as weapons against us.
    We are all very aware as US citizens, it is here in the US and we are all sitting ducks just waiting for the when and how...we are all going to be fighting to protect our own.
    So believe me when I say...the prisoners being held in Guantanamo Bay...have it alot better than some our citizens.  They get time for prayer, the curon, 3 square meals and more respect towards their religion...and everytime I see the news, they are in clean uniforms, so hygiene is probably not an issue either.
    I'm also positive...those 3 hikers, are not given anything close to that treatment.  These 3 are hikers are college students that made a left instead of a right...they are innocent until proven guilty. 
    Why such all the hate against American citizens...this just saddens me...sad

1. Misha profile image64
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you serious? Oh, my... Abu-graib, anyone?

1. caravalhophoto profile image60
        caravalhophotoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly...and the soldiers that "disgraced" the prisoners by making them pose nude and be photographed in compromising positions...were Court Martialed, tried and are in Prison serving their time.

1. Misha profile image64
          Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, so those were bad soldiers, and their good commanders did not see anything, as well as their commanders in turn and so on. I envy your naivete, really. smile

As any less naive person will tell you, those soldiers were likely obeying the orders, and just were made scapegoats when this got a publicity. Just ask around, we have a few army veterans here.

And then, if I remember correctly, waterboarding actually jumped to publicity from CIA bag of tricks, at least it was reported as such. Is CIA still in USA?

2. Greg Cremia profile image62
      Greg Cremiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't hate Americans. I am one.

If 3 Iranian college students were hiking in the Sonora desert and mistakenly crossed over the border into the US, I would expect our authorities to arrest them and hold onto them until it could be determined whether or not they were hostile. From the hate you have espoused against the Iranians I take it you agree with this scenario?

...and the innocent until proven guilty mantra only applies while in the US. When you venture into foreign countries it is advisable to know their laws because you will have to play by their rules whether you are 20 years old or 80 years old.

1. caravalhophoto profile image60
        caravalhophotoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have absolutely no hate to the Iranian people.  They are in the same situation with their government.  The only difference is, we as US citizens are not physically beaten or killed for our votes...we do however suffer consequences that we may not like in the name of policy.
        My stepsonns mother is from Iraq.  I do not consider any of his family terrorists and I do break bread with them.  My past room mate was Muslim.  He has been in the US his whole life.  I do not hate them for their beliefs...
        I do hate terrorists...that I will not deny, I hate the way they think, I hate that they are marters, I hate that they murder innocent people in the name of Mahammad...which is not what the curan or Mahammad spoke.
        I don't lump the whole Middle East into the "terrorist" catagory...I have evolved beyond stereotyping people...

And innocent until proven guilty applies no where...not even here in the US...thats obvious in your reaction to these 3 hikers being held.

19. Izzy Anne profile image61
    Izzy Anneposted 14 years ago

I certainly don't hate American citizens.  I hate certain American policies.

As to Iran, I am more worried about what is being done to internal dissidents there than about a few American students.  I don't feel like looking it up, but I remember at least two occasions where British sailors were caught in Iranian waters and then released unharmed a week or so later.  Iran is a wily international player and they will use the students to get some kind of concession.  They will know better than to hurt them.

20. wavegirl22 profile image49

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs157.snc3/18472_322615932891_149505997891_4854122_1408113_n.jpg

21. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

I was outraged and wrote my own hub about it months ago.

The more that write and read about it, the better.

bgppa- and the more we get others to be awareof what is going on the better.. .

7 months 2 days... it was long enough.. . time for them to come home

22. Sab Oh profile image56
    Sab Ohposted 14 years ago

Where is the outrage over the brave Iranians who recently took to the streets seeking freedom and democracy and were shot down like dogs? How about the ones who were arrested during those demonstrations and are now being systematically executed? Where are the dramatic words from our President who barely managed to pay them lip service while they were putting their lives on the line for what we have come to take for granted?

Outrageous.

1. bgpappa profile image78
      bgpappaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really?  I remember him talking about it a lot.  Of course he didn't go all out, otherwise, the Iranian government would use Western Intervention as a defense.

Damned if you, damned if you don't.  But who do you think kept Twitter, Facebook and internet going while it was going on?

But this thread is about 3 Americans who are wrongfully being detained and those of us in America must put pressure on our own government to do something.  Awareness is key.

bgpappa - thank you for bringing this forum back on point of the Sarah Josh and Shane.

23. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

Wow, and Wavegirl, you thought my comments were negative...

quote by misha "I think we should not interfere with natural selection taking its course"... BRUTAL!

... you're lucky to be in a country such as this that would allow you to migrate away from the war and poverty of your own country 2 make free money online ...natural selection may have gotten you if it wern't 4 America's policy of open doors.. MAYBE YOU shouldve been shunned away ya Commie Spy! F You!

me122 - I was just trying to say that all we should could be doing now is trying to help these families get their loved ones back home. Why they ventured into points unknown is not the issue in the here and now. I agree with you .. this world isnt safe and to go anywhere near a place that has the potential of doing what they do is not for me. But I am not judging these kids. . .all I was trying to say  .. is lets get them home. . send them some positive energy. . let the families know that as human beings we are behind them and help get the message out.

Sarah, Josh and Shane need to come home. Please google Evin prison . . and just think what it must be to be in that place for even just one minute.

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think 'naivete' is one of the  most dangerous things nowadays. Look what happened to this guys !
        You have to be very naive to venture hiking in there!

I hope they get away from there soon.
        And  their venture must be used as a warning: the world today is a dangerous place!

1. profile image0
          lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well put Tantrum.

24. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Hy Lyrics !! Nice 2 C U !! big_smile

25. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Hey sweetheart how r u doing?

26. wavegirl22 profile image49

Today Hilary said no to a prisoner swap . .. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … 02851.html

Assistant Secretary of State P.J.Crowley was quoted as saying.....
    "There is not really an equivalence, if you will, between, say an Iranian citizen who has been indicted and/or convicted of arms trafficking in violation of international law and three hikers who wandered across an unmarked border,"

27. Cagsil profile image72

Just great. Sounds like political B.S. lol lol

It's believeable! I can believe it. sad yikes

28. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

The BBC have kept the story alive. It is an outrage!

earnest - that is really good to hear. . here in NY I havent seen really anything from the media. . I know there were bikers from your part of the world that were recently released from the notorious prison Evin where these 3 kids are being held. . and word from them is not good.

But at least people are hearing about it. . funny up until Sunday I was on twitter having fun with the upcoming Superbowl when I stumbled upon Freethehikers. . and since then my fun has turned into screaming in my twits about Sarah Josh and Shane. .

scary scary world we live in . .
      thanks for the BBC and keeping the story alive.

29. Cagsil profile image72

At least somewhere in the media it's still going. smile

you got that right . .. and with a little help ..  by hook or by crook it is going to get going here  . . .

If it were to go heavy viral throughout the web and made enough noise? It would bring in back into focus for America's media. lol lol

Need well connected people to accomplish that or a quite few other people, who join together, to accomplish the task.

Hmmmm......? Just a thought. smile big_smile

thoughts create action ..  .and my thoughts cant stop going back to where Sarah is sitting right now. .  its almost 9 am in the morning there. . are the interrogators torturing her at this moment for a confession . .is she cold. . hungry . .scared to death . .

i was just reading about the executions they are going to carry out on a couple of Iranian kids that have recently been convicted. .

Our government doesnt seem to be coming together , , hell they are barely talking about it. . the families are pleading to the Iranians but that is getting them no where. . if someone doesnt do something soon ..

30. wavegirl22 profile image49

Its almost 216 days in captivity- 216 days more than anyone should allow.

Yesterday they reached their goal of 9 500 petition signatures   Please go to http://freethehikers.org/ and help them get to 10 000.

May their families draw strength in solidarity.

1. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

done...signed!

smile

when you are good  . .you are very very good wink

ehh, loyal...it's for a good cause

31. Cagsil profile image72

Hey Wavegirl,

What's up little lady? smile tongue

32. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Hi wavegirl
    I am happy to see this thread alive again!

33. wavegirl22 profile image49

it is just so sad that the news barely picks it up. . . how many people live in the us and they cant even get 10,000 signatures on a petition????? Something is just not right with that equation.

thanks Cags and Ohma for coming in and helping me keep this one alive.

34. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I signed too! And added the page to my facebook!

what?? are you tryin to one up me or somethin? tongue

"You think you're better than me because I only have one testicle." ~ from Anger Management

No seriouly, that's cool, Cole! Nice gesture. smile

1. Colebabie profile image60
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, I'm better than you cuz I have boobs!

Not trying to one up you dre smile How are you?

dammit, you got me there...I have no come back. hmmm

I'm good, can't complain too much. How about you?

And, as a side note, (so I'm not accused of hijacking the thread)...We need to get them back!

35. Cagsil profile image72

Hey Wavegirl, I've also added it to my Facebook and became a fan of on Facebook, posted message on their wall.

I added your Hub "Free The Hikers!" to my wall also. smile

thanks Cags. . you are the best as always!

You're welcome. smile

36. Internetwriter62 profile image76
    Internetwriter62posted 14 years ago

Iran is a very dangerous country for Americans to be in. They do not even respect the will of their own citizens. When the people of the country wanted a different elected official and they tried to demonstrate how they felt, they were silenced. Therefore it is unwise to hitchhike in a that place. It's not that I'm being critical of hitchhikers. It's just that, now a days one can expect this and even worse. As to the press behaving in a uncaring manner, what else is new. The press has disillusioned me for quite some time now. I think it is tragic that things like this get swept under the rug, but it is a dangerous world and one must avoid occasions of danger. So avoid countries like that unless you are sure you can defend yourself, because from what I hear on the news there is very little accountability in the quality of reporting the  news and in life in general. It's a shame.

Yes, it is a shame.

37. wavegirl22 profile image49

just a little bump here . .
    neutral

38. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

sure...I'll help keep the thread alive...(bump)

who is better than Christopher!!! now all you have to do twitter it,. . Ill meet you there later and we can gang it together wink

39. caravalhophoto profile image60

first things first...wavegirl & cags...I owe you both a huge apology for going off forum last time around...

I signed the petition and added to my facebook, I am still following it and I am glad you bumped it to page 1 of the forums.

40. caravalhophoto profile image60

wink...

aww thanks for signing caravalhophoto!!!

41. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Back again let keep this going.

42. Cagsil profile image72

Hey Ohma smile

43. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Hey Cags, Hows it going?

Sorry for the long wait. I was working on a hub. smile I'm doing well. How are you? smile

44. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

good!

Hey there Ohma  . .thanks for helping keep this thread up and alive! I sure hope these kids are doing well .. it just amazes me how hardly anyone pops in here ;(

45. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I sent an e-mail to my local radio station last night with a link to your hub on it asking why they never say anything about this. This morning on my way to work guess what I heard?

cool lol cool lol cool

2. wavegirl22 profile image49

you go girlfriend!!!

46. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Yeah it was great I sent them a thank-you as soon as I got home. Might be an Idea for others who are trying to get this out there?

good idea. . I think I will follow your lead!

47. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I was pleasently surprised. They actually did look into it because they gave the web address for the petition and everything.

48. caravalhophoto profile image60

wink...bumpn it back on page 1

Thank you. smile How are you today? smile

49. wavegirl22 profile image49

221 days, 3 hrs, 22 mins still being held in Evin Prison and still no word from Sarah Josh or Shane  .. its time they come home . .and its time more people speak up and say something, or at least sign the petition

this thread deserves a bump up

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)