New eBay Affiliate Program

Jump to Last Post 51-76 of 76 discussions (138 posts)
  1. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

Ryan , Larry someone please look into this affiliate program as it seems to rejecting everyone and that also includes me. smile

1. larryfreeman profile image79
      larryfreemanposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi AEvans,

Did you already follow up directly with EBay?  What did they say?

Thanks,

-Larry

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi AEvans ,
      I had this experience too ( registering then being rejected ) then I remembered a little tip or note Id read on maybe a previous page detailing how to fill in the application part ,so I figured I had probably done that wrong i.e: under company I think I had put wwwhubpages but it should have been 'my name' as above I had clicked 'Individual'.
      I suggest you go back and unclick a box maybe and reclick a different one.
      Hope that helps ,they accepted me after I fiddled around with my application.
      Mind you I didnt make any money before and I still dont ..hahaha....but perhaps it may help someone else.
      Good Luck.

What does "page click '? mean:)

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks bunches for the information I will certainly give it a try.smile

2. vangierkho profile image57
        vangierkhoposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

Where is it ?

Jyoti Kothari

3. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

Thanks for info.
      Jyoti Kothari

4. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

I, too, get much info.

Jyoti Kothari

5. profile image0
    newsworthyposted 15 years ago

I think perhaps the application itself may be stumping approval.  It would be good if an expert hubber could save a screen shot and post it here; showing exactly how-to fill it out.  Unless someone wants to hub it.  If the aformentioned field NAME prevented an approval, maybe others are doing the same thing. 

After closer examination of the ebay affiliate application, I realize I dont understand the field PRIMARY BUSINESS MODEL  and maybe thats why I rec'd the rejection letter. 

Should the BUSINESS MODEL field hold sub-affiliate or a paid model for a HP hubber? 
    The options are:  1)Paid Placement 2)Natural search/website 3)paid search 4)ad network/subaffiliates or 5)other

Maybe the title of a new hub could be 'ebay application for dummies'.

Also, this ebay application field:  BUSINESS DESCRIPTION has to be filled out.   I can imagine the endless possibilites for that one. (max 100 characters) "hubber"

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The instructions are here already:

http://hubpages.com/help/ebay_partner_network

2. profile image0
      newsworthyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Moving right along, I read where Hubpages Guide will soon be available, for dummies.  Will this guide be available on hubpages website or actual book?

6. profile image0
    newsworthyposted 15 years ago

Thanks so much for lending a hand, thats great!  I did a search but not there. I searched the forum. silly me!

7. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 15 years ago

Recently eBay sent out a letter to all their affiliates about their programs in Singapore, Hong Kong and India.  If you are in one of those regions, most likely you are NOT going to be able to sign up....

8. webjunkie profile image59
    webjunkieposted 15 years ago

Unfortunately many countries suffer this problem with affiliate programs. This is due to fraud that is hard to prosecute, many companies over the last year or two are restricting there actives to the USA, after all we have the homeland security act where they can tape our phone calls, imprison people for year without charging them and lord knows what else.  I love living in a  free country, please let me know when there is one so I can move there. 

PS: am I just a bit sarcastic today lol

9. lindagoffigan profile image58
    lindagoffiganposted 15 years ago

I think you got the impeached governor on your mind.

10. profile image0
    Forever Rogueposted 15 years ago

I got a reply from eBay pretty quick - but it was a rejection.  How rude!  By looking at all these responses, I have to wonder if it may have something to do with the topics of our Hubs...???

I don't know, just trying to make sense of it  - not that 'that' would make sense.

Very disappointed, to say the least.  Obviously I will be removing my eBay ads from my Hubs.

Living in Canada

11. scottyy11 profile image58
    scottyy11posted 15 years ago

yes i have got rejected about 4 times from ebay, getting very frustrated. Guess I will give up.....................screw u ebay......hello  amazon

1. wakkaoaka profile image58
      wakkaoakaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

i still havent been accepted by egay yet. amazon for the win!

12. mandybeau profile image58
    mandybeauposted 15 years ago

I am with them, and I have made didly sqwat to date..............
    So I personally would not bother with any of the Affiliate programmes based on my own experiences.
    I think that I have come to the realization that there are no free dinners.
    Today I write for the Hell of it.

13. livewithrichard profile image73
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

I have tried a couple times too but keep getting rejected.  I even used the step by step guide to setting up an ebay affilaite account provided here on HP.  I think the HP staff should look into why there are so many rejections and help in this matter.  The loss of potential revenue is very discouraging.

14. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

What did I do wrong? It's asking me to upload a txt file to my root directories?

1. livewithrichard profile image73
      livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you only aplying for hubpages or do you have other websites?

If your only wanting to use it on HP then you can't upload the .txt file you have to check the box that allows you to explain why you cannot confirm.  Just explain that you are a contributor to the HP community, click update and wait until they get back to you in a few days.

1. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Richard. I put Hubpages in there only because stupid me didn't see the little "Add URL" thingee. I've gone back to the domain validation page and explained about HP and gave them my other domains as well. Thanks.

1. livewithrichard profile image73
          livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did the same today, and now I wait again... It's not that big a deal but it would be nice to be able to take advantage of all the monitization methods allowed here.

I couldn't agree with you more!

2. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
          pauldeedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can activate eBay for the Hubpages domain:

http://hubpages.com/my/epn_activation

Thanks Paul, but my application for eBay didn't quite follow the guidelines you gave us. It asked us to upload a .txt file to the root directory of the server. My other blogs are on blogger, so obviously between HP and blogger, I couldn't do that. So I had to give them an explanation of my stuff and wait. And wait. And wait.

15. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

For those of us "newbies" who've been rejected by Ebay, is it worth trying to reapply?  It seems they really weren't accepting any new HubPages applications.  Has something changed?

16. bigmikeh profile image68
    bigmikehposted 14 years ago

I suggest you read this thread before you go any further

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/21642

There are alot of issues at present.

17. blaise25 profile image73
    blaise25posted 14 years ago

Hi ;p

I just had the domain activation code confirmed successful few days ago. I was about to set my affiliate code in Hubpages affiliate settings so I signed in in EBPN to copy my affiliate code. But then it says my email address not confirmed yet...that I have to wait for few days to log in again...

How is that?

1. Carmen Borthwick profile image60
      Carmen Borthwickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I had my eBay code confirmed, but it had to go through channels as we don't own our page, that's the impression I got anyway. After a few days I received an email stating I wasn't accepted for one of multiple reasons. Nothing specific, kinda like a guessing game.

18. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 14 years ago

Ebay is better than amazon , their approval process is now taking long time.

19. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Do the HubPages team have any more information on this?  It seems that contrary to what everyone thought, new Hubber accounts simply aren't being accepted by eBay.  Is that just an administrative hiccup or the official policy?

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We've gotten some different messages from eBay recently and we do have some dialogue going with them.  At this point I think they still trying to work out internally whether or how they want to support models like HubPages.  When we hear something, we'll make an announcement - until then it's probably not worth applying for ePN using only your HubPages presence.

20. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

As long as the url in the account says "Confirmed" its all set correct?

~thranax~

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's my understanding.  I don't think there's any problem for people who were eBay affiliates before the change.

1. thranax profile image72
        thranaxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

kk ^_^

~thranax~

21. Marisa Wright profile image87

I just came across this post over at Squidoo, which states eBay have approved the continued use of their eBay capsule (which uses Squidoo's affiliate code and Squidoo distributes earnings to members) but that individuals are not allowed to use their own affiliate ID.

They then state this will apply to other sites (like HubPages).  Is this a worry? 

http://blogs.squidoo.com/squidblog/2009 … aychanges/

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Marissa, that post was from early August...  HubPages posts/info from later than then should be considered.

22. Natural Medicine profile image60
    Natural Medicineposted 14 years ago

Hi Relache, it's Deb/Flowergardener
    Earlier today Megan posted on the forum that they haven't heard anything from Ebay yet, but it seems like since lensmasters are getting a little 'ancy', they may start pooling the ebay commissions. I have no idea how they'll determine who will get what percentage. Should be very interesting whenever it happens.

23. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I followed this step by step last week and they rejected my apps..dont know whether to review my apps and reconsider again, have to think about it, it seems they dont approve HP applicants,

1. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This thread is two years old. Go over here to get a more recent update.

24. Marisa Wright profile image87

Maybe this thread could be closed with a note pointing out it's old?

1. advisor4qb profile image75
      advisor4qbposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I was freaking out thinking my setup for eBay is wrong!

25. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I was given a confirmation code, wich I did correctly, but it wont let me log into the mail site yet or it has not given me my 10 digit code..do I need to wait or do it all over one more time, been trying to find that code for over an hour now and log in...it did not explain to me that I need to wait for that 10 digit code to be emailed, do I ..I need some expert advise on this one.

Thank You

1. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Email the team_at_hubpages.com and let them know you've successfully signed up, as I think one of them (Fawntia?) mentioned in a thread if anyone got to sign up under the new system to give them the heads up.

They might also be able to make sense of the problem you're having. It will also help them figure out new instructions for others wanting to apply.

26. Georgina_writes profile image78
    Georgina_writesposted 14 years ago

The system is swamped - my applicattion has been with thema week, but is still under review due to the number of applications!  They assure me it will happen soon.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)