Article marketing

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Mittkontakt profile image61
    Mittkontaktposted 13 years ago

I have attended an excellent course about article marketing. I learned a lot  and now I need to use the system in the way best possible. How have you reached your results with article marketing?

1. jamesroy11143 profile image61
      jamesroy11143posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Article marketing is a nice practice to acquire your desired ranking and traffic to your blog/website.

I would say that whatever you write it must be some latest... i mean to say write something interesting and new. Then post it where you must make anchor text.

2. Neil Ashworth profile image41
      Neil Ashworthposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Article marketing, if done correctly, will increase traffic and provide a pre-sell to your product or service. Do your research;

1. Market research - make sure you have one!
      2. Keyword research - make sure you get in front of the right people!
      3. Competitor research - make sure you have competition and make sure you know what they are doing online, that way you can deconstruct their campaigns and reduce your own trial and error.

After that, it's all about writing, as they say...

3. roberttraczgroup1 profile image60
      roberttraczgroup1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Article marketing is really a great online marketing strategy if done well. You really have got to know which keywords will you rank well in order to get the traffic you want for your site. If you want to turbo charge your marketing campaign, use articles. ! Who says article writing is just for writers? No! Every online marketer nowadays has realized that articles are a crucial part of every online promotion. A well-written and very compelling article to be submitted to article sites is all that you need. There are strategies that you can use to make a search engine optimized article and this would help in promoting your website. After all, writing an article or two won;t hurt you, right?smile

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4148477_f248.jpg

4. JennyT83 profile image56
      JennyT83posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I started using The Market Magnet (http://themarketmagnet.com). It's a course on article marketing for only $17 and it covers so much it's crazy, I only started using it last tuesday and already I'm seeing increased traffic to my site.

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I've found that the more you write, the more traffic you get - and you never know when something will take off.

Yes, keyword research helps but sometimes a subject that is mean to get 0 hits a month according to the keyword tool has often ended up getting me plenty of traffic.

I write what I love. And the traffic comes - with little or no promotion.

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I have had a hub take off after being dormant for months. No telling what makes people come to your hubs sometimes. I still do the keyword research for more commercial hubs though. smile

2. roberttraczgroup1 profile image60
      roberttraczgroup1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@WryLilt Yes,,i totally agree on what you have said.,.when i wrote my first hub, it was just an experiment ...i didn't expect that it would land on the first page of Google without any effort on my keyword..i think the secret is to do it naturally, right? :-)

3. rosariosblog profile image59
    rosariosblogposted 13 years ago

There is always room for improvement, each hub we write have their own time to blossom.  Patience and maintaining a high standard do not go astray in this game.

4. iantoPF profile image80
    iantoPFposted 13 years ago

The weirdest thing about this gig is that you never know what's going to take off.
    If you are writing to make as much money as possible from your articles then I would definitely read Neil Ashworth's Hubs. He along with others have more free advice floating around this place than a fortune in books and seminars could buy. If, like me you are writing for fun, be prepared to be surprised. My most popular articel that makes me a couple of bucks and is viewed more than I ever thought I would get is one I wrote in answer ot a Hubmob question. It was written about swear words Go figure.
    Personally i would not pay for informtion on how to market, it's all here for free. Otherwise just enjoy what you do and the rest, including the money, will follow.

5. TheGlassSpider profile image65
    TheGlassSpiderposted 13 years ago

Neil and others have given some excellent advice. I'd like to also add that you ought to be writing something that people will want to read (this is where your keyword research comes in), and doing your best to make the content original. Regurgitated information from common sources isn't very valuable. When you can add something unique to the content, then people and search engines notice.

6. Tarin profile image60
    Tarinposted 13 years ago

It depends on if you are article marketing to build backlinks or to drive traffic to a landing page.

If you are article marketing for the links then write the minimum requirements.  If there is revenue sharing then write long posts.

If you are trying to drive traffic to a landing page then write laser targeted posts for specific keyword searchers that would like your landing page.

1. Glenn Raymond profile image60
      Glenn Raymondposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is all great information.  I find it very helpful so I thank you all, and Mitkontact this is a great question.  Thank you for asking it.  I just really leave my information everywhere I can.  It has been working, more or less.  It is very important to write on fresh ideas and add your own little twist along with a well researched topic.  Cheers.

7. garyrockzzz profile image61
    garyrockzzzposted 13 years ago

What I like about article marketing is that just write few good articles with low competition keywords and get traffic to your site without much effort.

8. profile image0
    shameemlovesposted 13 years ago

article writing is the best way to bring traffic,i have tried and earned a lot

9. judyksp profile image60
    judykspposted 13 years ago

A good article will draw readers and ultimately assist in driving traffic to your website. 

I believe that a good article should consist of proper grammar, syntax and of course, correct content.  With all the technology provided by word processors like Microsoft Word, I think we should not be submitting articles that are full of spelling mistakes or grammatically wrong.

1. crisstar profile image70
      crisstarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I get traffic from article marketing and I've found the best thing is to have a strategy in place..in other words have an objective.

Are you doing article marketing to get backlinks to your other content or do you want the articles themselves to hopefully rank on Google?

That's the main question you need to answer. From there develop a strategy and do your marketing consistently for best results.

Corrisa

10. Midnight Oil profile image79
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

Article marketing = thinking outside the box, and coming up with a different angle that somebody else hasn't though of.  This is the best strategy for me.  An objective is too constricting for your imagine juices.  Put in any perimeters and your imagine is handcuffed to these. 

The universe will show you ideas for articles all the time and its up to you to notice them, and just as important,  to write them down straight away before you forget them.

When you are in the flow, the article will write itself complete with the keywords all ready there.  Writing is a natural art, we introduce the struggle with our fears.

People laugh when I quote Star Wars and Jedi's, but just let go and let the force (you in the flow) press those keys on your keyboard.

Relax, enjoy and stop over-anyalising everything - Writing is fun.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)