Do u have to sign up with google, ebay, amazon with each new hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (21 posts)
  1. The Mother Load! profile image60
    The Mother Load!posted 15 years ago

Each new hub, new topic, do u have to get a new affiliate number and start all over?

Thanks!

2. Marian Swift profile image61
    Marian Swiftposted 15 years ago

Nope.  Once should do it!

(And Google Adsense won't let you have more than one account.)

Welcome to Hub Pages!

3. The Mother Load! profile image60

Thank you so much, I figured it out, so you just add the capsules to the new hub each time, I get it.

Exactly how long does it take for Google to get the proper ads on the hub?  I've been published for about 2 hours now, and am still advertising sexy hot arab girls!! Not exactly a match for healthy homemade popsicles!

Thanks.

4. Marian Swift profile image61
    Marian Swiftposted 15 years ago

What's supposed to happen is ... after a few hours, or perhaps a day, Google will figure out what your Hub's about, and then more appropriate ads will appear on your Hub.

Lately, it hasn't been working as well -- sex ads may either return or never leave -- but I understand that Hub Pages staff is trying to work out a solution.

5. GoldenThread profile image59
    GoldenThreadposted 15 years ago

If you had access to the web server logs, you would see Googlebot visit and note your site, then Mediabot visit and determine what the content was for the purposes of serving ads. This usually happens within hours at my websites. I don't know how quickly it happens at Hubpages.

Like you, I don't want to see the "sex" ads. They really tarnish the image of Hubpages, in my opinion.

1. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You should adjust your image of Hubpages to match the reality - if you don't want to live in perpetual conflict. smile

1. GoldenThread profile image59
        GoldenThreadposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well, yes, but I think I'm probably not the only one who thinks they cheapen Hubpages image and reputation. Usually Adsense throws up public service ads until they spider the site's content. Why are they defaulting to adult-themed ads? I think I must be missing something about Hubpages. wink

6. The Mother Load! profile image60

Hello.

Its been one day so far and google still hasn't gotten rid of the sexy arab girls!  I don't want to link or email friends until the adds are gone.  Any suggestions, or are we at the mercy of Google's discretion?

Thanks.

7. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Whether some of us like it or not, Hubpages have lots of borderline content. In fact, enough for the software that matches ads to content to decide without reservations that the main topic of this site is Filipino-Arab dating big_smile

If Google was not sure in this, it would have served public ads instead smile

1. dishyum profile image57
      dishyumposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Belly fat ads - Are they targetted? on what?

1. GoldenThread profile image59
        GoldenThreadposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The same demographics...? :p

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages has a lot of US visitors lol

Mother load - why don't you just turn the google ads off if they are offensive to you?

I would think your hubs are not considered commercial.

3. Misha profile image62

My best guess would be those particular ads are targeted to people reading "Hot n Cool Desktop Wallpapers Featuring Sexy Bollywood Bombs" wink

1. dishyum profile image57
          dishyumposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh what an answer!!! lol

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

They do all look a little "Rubenesque" wink

Not that I look at those sort of hubs.............

1. Misha profile image62

That's why they need it big_smile

8. dishyum profile image57
    dishyumposted 15 years ago

Rubenesque - what does it mean? Tell me, please...

9. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

http://markpknowles.com/wp-content/uploads/Rubens_Venus_at_a_Mirror_c1615.jpg

big_smile

10. dishyum profile image57
    dishyumposted 15 years ago

Oh OK. Thanks big_smile

11. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

Well Google is busy serving "australian birth records" and "WA motorhomes" on my latest hot and sexy hub - so WTF - I am going to complain to the hubpage crew immediately LOL

The belly fat ads seems a different issue I have it showing on completely unrelated sites where all the other ads are targetted - I think they just pay the best for Google!

12. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 15 years ago

Thank goodness for only having to sign up once for affiliates on hubpages, or that would totally by a challenge otherwise.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)