Seriously amazed! What happened to my hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Andrew0208 profile image57
    Andrew0208posted 12 years ago

Seriously amazed! What happened to my hubs. I just discovered this morning that all my hubs automatically went into revision mode, counting 0 hubs on my profile. NOT FUNNY AT ALL. My 32 hubs have been compliant in my over 3yrs in here till few hours ago. Before now I also did scan them with the inbuilt hub violation check tool made available by HubPages a week ago, and no single error or indication to revise came up. Never had an email notification or the skul alert whatsoever even as of yesterday. Is this a joke, bug, or what? Please Help! Thank you.

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And you are one of Hubpages top traffic sources according to Alexa!

I am so sorry to hear of this Andrew and am very surprised that no-one has commented in reply to this before now.

I'm just up and found this one the 2nd page of the forums.

2. TerryGl profile image57
      TerryGlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Now you know what it feels like to have someone break up with you or fire you from your job using a text message.

What you are experiencing is the Paul Edmondson affect.

Here's a quote:-

"Paul Edmondson is always trying to figure out how to improve the Hubber experience."

Source http://blog.hubpages.com/2011/02/its-be … -12-years/

I remember Larry well. Maybe he knew way back then what we're now finding out.

2. CASE1WORKER profile image60
    CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

Surely there must have been a notification? Have you changed e mail address lately or has it got trapped in a spam box.
    I am sorry for you, I would imagine it will be after the weekend when it is sorted.

3. Andrew0208 profile image57

Please Admin, something has to be done though weekend or will I have to hold on till Monday working hours.  Yesterday, I updated my existing performing hub on web hosting with relevant information which already has no affiliate link on it before the edit. I wondered if the update triggered this sudden unpublishing of all my hubs. Pls Help to fix this. I appreciate your continued guide and support.

4. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

Sorry to hear this Andrew, it must have been a huge shock and loss of earnings. Just keep badgering the HP team until you get an answer

Andrew0208posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much for all your concerns. Never had such a sad moment on HubPages ever since my over 3 happy years here. But, I'm a bit okay now after applying my living strategy to always give thanks to God in all things. Anyway, I'm only not enjoying the imagination of seeing my top performing hubs at top communities and associates of mine where my fans and followers liked and shared them now showing "link no longer published."
      Hmmm...Not even the earnings. What a shock! Hahaha...Likely, I'll wait till Monday.

1. CMHypno profile image83
        CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Glad you are feeling better about it now Andrew. I know that sometimes it is hard not to let the shock and disappointment get things out of perspective. I have seen my traffic crash this week, and as it was just one more shock in a generally bad week, I don't haven't been as calm about it as I would normally have been.

Hope you have a great weekend! smile

2. TerryGl profile image57

While your waiting, go over and join the Warrior Forum and have a look around.

If, you do not find something there that will make your day then enjoy the weekend.

You're right, WF is quite interesting and is among my few favorite sites. Thanks. Right now I'm enjoying myself on facebook and g+. I'm good at creating happy and peaceful atmosphere around me. I know for sure that HubPages team will respond as I've also sent a mail to them earlier this morning.
          HaPPy WeeKend!

1. TerryGl profile image57

Why not spend the weekend putting up your own website and work on that while you wait for the email. I'll bet you a beer the site will be indexed before your reading an email.

I suspect it was your webhosting hub that did you in.

1. IzzyM profile image88

Duh! I went to look see! lol

It's at times like you think HP could have an emergency contact at weekends for things like this.

This could be somebody's livelihood at stake here.

2. Andrew0208 profile image57

Recent Google panda on the virtual world did teach us a lot of good lessons never to put all your eggs in one basket. I have 2 top performing websites before panda, and have added 5 more after the panda that are quite resourceful and optimized to search engines friendliness, having top rankings. HubPages, Blogger, WordPress, Warrior Forum, Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Reddit amongst others are my most favorite sites I virtually work with daily including my own sites and blogs.

1. TerryGl profile image57

Good on you Andrew, then you are doing fine then. It's worrying when a person starts a thread like you did. It's a message for all of us.

There is nothing worse then one person being able to switch everything off at their whim. I never liked people who do that and the only place I have seen it done many times is on this site. The ultimate problem though, is that person will never know the angst they caused to another.

No wonder we are no longer active here.

I still love and would remain active on HubPages. This action I suppose was an automated one so I hope to get a fix and guide  from HP team soonest though hurting but I will wait. smile

5. Andrew0208 profile image57

I watched all the traffic count of over 1,000 hits on the recently unpublished hubs go down to 0 yesterday. It was like a fever lol, but interestingly, I gave it another thought to go into work to check the hubs one after the other, now I've started revising and resubmitted a few, one of them is now published and kicking well again. Indeed, new set of rules going on here, but an email notification or warning would have saved me the shock.

I will still appreciate the response and guide from HP Team.

6. TerryGl profile image57
    TerryGlposted 12 years ago

I just went and checked Andrew's status to see if he was able to resolve this issue.

This is his profile:

Andrew0208 on HubPages
    Sorry, this user has been banned from HubPages.

1. IzzyM profile image88

OMG, thanks for posting this Terry.
      Last I saw he had one hub back up and seemed to getting the rest worked on, whatever the matter was.

I am very sorry to see this.

2. Ivorwen profile image66
      Ivorwenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What in the world happened?

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It would appear that Joseph Stalin is having another purge.

7. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 12 years ago

Ridiculous...I hope this gets resolved for you Andrew!

8. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 12 years ago

I'm getting a sense of deja vu here - Terry is right, this has happened before.

If Andrew was genuinely trying to comply with whatever rule(s) he had broken, then surely the ethical thing for HP to have done would have been to give him enough time to do so.

9. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 12 years ago

Yes, it's happened before to some pretty top-knotch hubbers. And apparently when you think you are just fine, and things are starting to get good again, it really isn't, as we have just witnessed.

10. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

Somehow it would seem there is a little more to this than is apparent.

The one cached version of the OPs hubs I could find is a copied all over the net, with at least 1/2 a dozen copies showing up.  This is not something a top-notch hubber would do.

I doubt that HP would ban one of the best traffic produces on HubPages without a pretty good reason.

11. Ronnie_Dey profile image60
    Ronnie_Deyposted 12 years ago

This is an important and too serious an issue. Hubpages staffs need to say something about the gliche. This is too strange!

12. TerryGl profile image57
    TerryGlposted 12 years ago

Yes I agree with the comments, this is very sad indeed, especially for Andrew.

13. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 12 years ago

Purely out of curiosity I did a Google search for Andrew's cached HP profile and some hubs that Google has also archived. I see he did a lot of writing on Nigerian affiliate marketing. Then I checked out his location and I see he is from Zion, Nigeria. That explains everything. Many sites are banning anything to do with Nigeria. Google it and you'll see all the issues with scams from there. I'm not saying that Andrew was scamming. But he wrote about ways to get around the Nigerian banning (got that from one of his archived hubs) and I imagine that alerted HP to take action.

1. zodiactravels profile image61
      zodiactravelsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is a pity. But things are changing, many of such sites rejecting Nigerians are now accepting Nigeria. As for Andy, met him in person, he's dynamic! In one of the seminars I attended, he was a guest speaker, he passionately spoke much good on writing on hubpages, and many of us joined.
      Pls don't encourage any hunt on Nigeria here who legitmately write online. That shouldn't be the case. Hope he gets cleared.

1. noenhulk profile image60
        noenhulkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hope it would be resolved soon.

2. profile image0
        adeaugustusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you zodaic. Am glad you have a new perspective about Nigerian. Not so many people understand that Nigeria is among the top 10 countries that is involve in online business. For every merit there is always a demerit, the point is there are scammers in Nigeria, but not all nigerian are scammer, and if you check very well, different sites are trying to get Nigerian back to them because they know what percentage the country covers in online writting, and to be sincere online scammers are everywhere, even in Rome!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)