jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Kidneys Stone(s)

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

I have been in the throes of kidney stone pain for a few days now and tried many home remedies off the internet.
    Lemon juice, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and water, but it's still kicking me in the back.
    Anyone have some advise, experience  and information how long to deal with this? yikes

1. Gemini Fox profile image94
      Gemini Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I use Acid-A-Cal by Enzymatic Therapy and take two at a time up to three times a day (but guess you could take more if you're having a bad bout of stones) and lots of water.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I have experience with this. The back is where the journey begins, then the side, then the front. In other words, it's not going to pass any time soon. If it's large enough, it is not going to pass at all; ever.

Be prepared to be financially raped by our beloved American medical industry. You at least need to get X-rayed and get a big, fat supply of vicodin.

Depending on what the X-ray finds, the stone(s) can be broken up by lithotripsy. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency … 007113.htm

Let's hope it's a small one; then maybe it actually can make the journey without the lithotripsy.

3. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

As for other urban remedies, there is parsley and grapefruit juice.

Update: actually I don't remember if it's grapefruit juice or cranberry juice.

4. Stacie L profile image88

today is better as the sharp back pains are gone replaced by dull ache in the ribs.
    maybe its progressing.
    thanks for sharing

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I hope it works out. Those things are a real pain in the...

1. 73
        Robertr04posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Please bear with me. All kidney disease is acid related, which can be improved by an alkaline diet. Kidney stones of phosphoric acid and uric acid, generally build up into a stone like object. Although calcium and magnesium are in salts, they are there to soften the poisonous effects of uric and phosphoric acid. Some people mistakenly believe that kidney stones are formed because there is too much calcium. This is not true. Calcium compounds will dissolve in acidic urine, while a kidney stone will not. If you add calcium (in moderation and natural, not the synthetics)) to the blood and change to a alkaline diet kidney stones will dissolve from the inside. Gravel root, as its name implies, primary function is in the dissolving of stones in the kidneys, urinary bladder and gallbladder or anywhere else stone deposits occur in the body. Stone root, finds some of its greatest service in breaking up and dissolving stones in the kidneys and bladder, as well as waste material accumulations of circulatory and heart valves. At the same time, a general flush of the blood stream and urinary tract is required so the herbs can do their job properly. A herbal laxative and drinking 6-8 glasses of green drink (3 green veg. blended with 1pt. steam distilled water) and steamed dislilled water/day, while taking 80 drops of the herbal extract, 3 times/day. Any time you use a herb for dissolving or breaking down an obstruction in the body, you need the laxative to remove the waste materials from the body via bowel. The green drink will flush the blood. The water will flush the kidneys and urinary tract. DISCLAIMER: This information has not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult a physician  regularly in all matters relating to medical problems. Stacie, I hope I have been of some service. Shalum

5. Stacie L profile image88

I forgot to update..all's well.I passed it at some time and was put on antibiotics.
    Now I'm 100%!Thanks

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

So happy for you.

6. techygran profile image88
    techygranposted 3 years ago

You might want to try a castor oil poultice if it happens again... or even if you just have residual pain.