My Mother Only Has Weeks

Jump to Last Post 51-63 of 63 discussions (115 posts)
  1. nasus loops profile image64
    nasus loopsposted 13 years ago

I am sending you lots of sunshine and hope.  I myself lost my father to liver and stomach cancer some 19 1/2 years ago.  He lived for 6 months from when he was diagnosed.  We have a friend at the moment who is suffering from various cancers within his body, and even though 9 months ago the doctors thought there was little else they could do he is still with us and fighting.  He has been undergoing spiritual healing, and has been told he can undergo another course of chemo.  Spiritual Healing is something anyone can have as long as they believe  it will work.  My father also had this, and when he did pass on he had no cancer within the stomach.  Had treatments been better back then, who knows when we may have lost him.

I hope your wishes come true, and remember there is always a rainbow at the end of the storm, just some storms last longer than others.

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My prayer are with you and your family. God id with you!

2. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Just to let you know I am thinking of you too while you are going through this rough time. There are no words I can write to make you feel better except to say I am sorry and wishing you all the best. x

3. Anamika S profile image67
    Anamika Sposted 13 years ago

I am so sorry to hear about the news. I would keep her and you in my prayers. Stay strong! Hugs Anamika

4. PaulaHenry1 profile image65
    PaulaHenry1posted 13 years ago

I am a Hospice Nurse and have worked in healthcare for many years.I have seen diagnoses of 2 months that have lastest 2 years. Or sadly, the other way around.
    No one knows when death will occur,only God and your mother do (she will sense it is time)The doctor gives this prognosis as a timeframe so that Hospice can be used.It is not intended to say that your mom will pass on that given day.Although the dates have been given, it is not a factual based timeline.
    What I ask of you is just to love, support and care about her everyday! Stay strong, so she will stay strong. I really believe that people can "will themselves" to pass or will themselves to survive as long as possible.
    Attitude is everything. It is important that your mother find the strength to live each day to her fullest and not concentrate on the illness or prognosis. This goes for you and your family as well.I am not saying this is a "cure" by any means, but when we dwell on the worst, well, the worst happens...
    I am so sorry to hear of your mothers illness. Take advantage of Hospice in not only caring for your mom, but for you too. Spiritual care, support groups and they are there to help YOU deal with the stages.
    I hope you will be okay as this can be a devastating experience. I will send my thoughts and prayers to you and your mother daily....Take Care.

5. Purple Perl profile image49
    Purple Perlposted 13 years ago

AEvans, I have an aunt who passed on to Eternity almost a month ago. She suffered from cancer as well. Was suddenly discovered last July and was told she would live 4 months max. But she continued to live for a full year. Because of the love and affection of her two children in their twenties. They hardly knew how to take care of her, but God shows every step of the way.And it is heartening to note that others come forward to help too. My other aunt who was diagnosed with  breast cancer about 12 years ago, went thro' surgery and associated chemo and radiation and is leading a normal life today. This aunt was also the source of inspiration and tower of strength for the other suffering aunt and her children.
    Well, all that I have seen and experienced in life so far just renews my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Peace be with you, your mother and your family,AEvans! You are remembered in our prayers everyday and everytime I remember you. Take care and never despair!

6. dionysia profile image57
    dionysiaposted 13 years ago

oh no

7. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 13 years ago

How are things going AE?

8. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Condolences to your family Julianna!

9. cashinfo profile image58
    cashinfoposted 13 years ago

God Bless.

10. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

You're in my thoughts, AE.  Always.

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image69
      LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We are praying for you and your family...

11. evvy_09 profile image60
    evvy_09posted 13 years ago

My friends mom lived 15 years with cancer.  She finally lost the fight this year but still doctors can be wrong all the time about how long a person has. 
    Last year was a hard one as I lost 3 of my grandparents and prayed so hard to be able to give my grandmother a present for Christmas. I keep the 09 in my name to kinda honor them.
    I send prayers and sunshine your way and hope that you will have a happy Christmas together.

12. lovelylizzy profile image60
    lovelylizzyposted 13 years ago

I'm really sorry.If anyone close to ME like that may die soon i'd first off.Tell them the truth.TO all the lies i might have told them.Do whatever they wanna do.Take it as lightly as possible.And pray that when she dies,THE REAL INSURANCE(i mean with God)IS COVERED.  smile

13. gmann46 profile image60
    gmann46posted 13 years ago

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. As my brother says "Cancer Sucks" as he is now living with it. It pains me to watch him everyday he seems to get weeker. He has throat cancer and has been operated on and now is ready to start chemo and radiation. I will pray for strength for all who are going thru this ugly disease and their loved ones.

1. profile image53
      BeckyAposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry to hear about your brother.  It is difficult to watch a loved one go through it, but take heart, there are more treatments developed all the time!  I was told I had less than 6 mos. to live, even with treatments, but it has been 8 years.  I won't lie to you and say every minute was fun, but I am still here and with my loved ones, so I feel blessed.  Prayer has gotten me through a lot of bad days, and worse nights.  I find it comforting that I am never alone, no matter what I am going through.  May God bless you and your brother!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)