jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Interfacing with Negaters In Family, School, Life, and Job Situations

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

All of us, without exception, has encountered those who have expressed disapproval and/or negative opinions regarding our looks, attitudes, characteristics, abilities, and/or our general suitability.  For instance, there is a famous actress who indicated when she applied for a leading part in a play decades ago, the owner indicated that this actress had a disreputable reputation i.e. a "whore" and if she was selected for the role, a "wrong" crowd would be drawn to the theatre.  However, the actress did not let that negativity deter her and she is now highly successful.  Whether those people were family, friends, teachers, and bosses, often those words either hurt and demobolized you or spurred you on to achieve what you were meant to achieve!  How do you respondto these negative people in your lives?

2. HarperDavis profile image75
    HarperDavisposted 4 years ago

Move forward.

If all someone has is an opinion, they've got nothing at all.

3. Tactfullyrude profile image61
    Tactfullyrudeposted 4 years ago

We have the power on whether or not negativity will effect us..we can choose to stand or fall. We can accept the negativity as defeat or as a challenge. Me personally, am challenged by negativity. (unless it's dieting, then I'm screwed) People can say and do whatever they want to us, but honestly it's our CHOICE how we react....so, do we react with class and motivation or do we prove such negativity correct? The choice is ultimately ours.

gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

4. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 4 years ago

Negative people only pull you down. These people see something in you or your life that they wish they had. Instead of being adults, they lash out negatively. I avoid these types at all costs because I have not treated anyone this way and I don't deserve this type of treatment.

gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this