jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I am looking for a cheap US or UK credit or debit card

1. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

HI - this is for hub researh.  I am looking for a free/cheap credit /debit card available to US and UK residents - or elsewhere in the world for that matter - I have covered Australia and NZ already.
    What I want is something with no annual fee no cash withdrawal fees, ability to use your own money and not pay interest, ideally no currency conversion fees .  A card that does just this exists in Australia I m wondering about  the rest of the world!

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image88
      crazyhorsesghostposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Wal-mart is currently offering a VISA debit card up at the front of their store for $8.00 You can add funds to it and it works just like a regular VISA. I have several of them I use for various reasons.

2. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

Arrowhead Credit Union here in California, USA is a great choice for a debit card that does not charge annual fees or point of sale transaction fees.  However, you will have to withdraw funds from credit union friendly ATM's to avoid ATM fees, but there are many of these listed in the US and other worldwide countries.  One way to get around ATM fees is to withdraw money when you buy groceries at a local market, but there is usually a cap on how much you can take out this way.  Good luck with your research.

<snip> no promotional links</snip>

3. pjdscott profile image74
    pjdscottposted 8 years ago

I have such a card in the UK - it is NatWest's Mastercard. It is not a gold version but still offers no-charge banking when the account is paid in full each month. There are no surcharges for using your card in other currencies, but their exchange rates are not favourable.

Like any other credit card, they do charge interest when the amount is not paid in full.

4. barranca profile image79
    barrancaposted 8 years ago

I have a paypal debit card that functions as a mastercard.  It pays interest and if you have an ebay account you can get a premier card that pays cash back on each credit transaction.  I have  had zero problems with it.  It can be funded in 3-5 days from a checking account.