davenmidtown profile image 86

Do we have the Right... To healthcare, To drive, to have children, To electricity, etc.

I am exploring the concept of how People assume the right of something... It is my right to... yet the constitution provides a set amount of rights... so pipe in people... do we have the right to healthcare? do we have the right to drive a car? do we have the right to education? do we have the right to __________. I am interested in all answers regardless of my opinion. There are no bad answers... just participation in an exchanfe of ideas... have at it!!!

• davenmidtown profile image

David Stillwell (davenmidtown) 4 years ago

A good start! So what happens if you can not pay for healthcare? I totally agree that we have to work for things, etc.

• davenmidtown profile image

I would agree with most of that but politically speaking... what is the definition of " basic needs"? Does healthcare fall into basic needs? Say do we have the right to open heart surgery? I don't know if there is a correct answer... but go for it!

Admiral Murrah profile image84

Admiral Murrah says

• davenmidtown profile image

Awesome... thank you for your imput.

Nathan Orf profile image87

Nathan Orf says

• davenmidtown profile image

well stated... so... it seems you are implying that healthy is a choice... everyone has the right to be healthy... but isnt that different than having the right to access healthcare? I can eat healthy, live healthy but I can not force a Dr to cure me

naeemebrahimjee profile image82

naeemebrahimjee says

Mitch Alan profile image83

Mitch Alan says

• Larry Wall 4 years ago

This comment is for everyone. If you do not like mandated health care, what is the answer. Do we ignore the sick. Do we deny them access to doctors, hospitals, etc. I would like to hear some suggestions and not just opposition.

Attikos profile image76

Attikos says

• davenmidtown profile image

awesome... I see the crux of your comment is between the words provide and recognize.... It is good to put such paradox forth!

LandmarkWealth profile image86

LandmarkWealth says

ib radmasters profile image61

ib radmasters says

SportsBetter profile image63

SportsBetter says

• davenmidtown profile image

Interesting and honest... nice job.

umbertoobrian profile image62

umbertoobrian says

• davenmidtown profile image

awesome comments! yet the government(s) forces citizens to do things all the time... I think we sometimes underestimate goodwill... and replace that with an expectation. WIthout thinking about these kinds of things how can we prevent or improve?

lostdogrwd profile image61

Richard Davis (lostdogrwd) says

0

Larry Wall says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 4 years ago

I totally agree with you. I am in a similar situation with a "pre existing condition" that makes it impossible for me to afford health insurance. I believe that reasonably priced healthcare should be available to all contributing members of society

0

Old Empresario says

• davenmidtown profile image

Old Empresario: Nothing is really given to the people.. it all comes at a cost... electricity, education, healthcare, food... it is paid for by cash in hand, credit or through taxation... nothing is ever really free...