jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Paul v. Christie

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 3 years ago

The mud is flying between tea partier Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky and Gov. Chris Christie of NJ.
    Who's winning the fight?
    Will either end up as the GOP candidate in 2016?

1. profile image60
      retief2000posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Given the self destructive proclivities of the GOP-PTB(Republican Powers That Be), I would put my money on Christie.

2. Credence2 profile image85
      Credence2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

The orthodox libertarian philosophy has no near enough adherents to be viable anytime soon. I will put my moey on Christie.

2. A Troubled Man profile image61
    A Troubled Manposted 3 years ago

Paddle faster, I'm hearing banjos!

3. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 3 years ago

Christie is definitely the bigger man!
    lol
    Seriously, I had a big problem with Paul dissing NJ for asking for Sandy relief.
    I wonder if Paul feels the same way about Texas now getting FEMA relief for their plant explosion.

1. profile image60
      retief2000posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I find it entertaining when people who would never vote for a specific person say things like "I have a problem with" and then follow it with something specific when what should be said is "I wouldn't vote for him no matter what."

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
        Mighty Momposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There would be no need for this thread in that case. lol
        Of COURSE I personally would not vote for Rand Paul under any circumstances.
        I might consider voting for Christie except for some very fundamental disagreements.
        But we're not there yet.
        I had been watching the name calling between Paul and Christie.
        "King of Bacon" on one level is pretty funny.
        Or one could, if so inclined, find it personally offensive to Christie. roll

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/07/30/r … -of-bacon/

Where it gets interesting is what they are really accusing each other of.
        When you look at the benefits of federal dollars ($1.51 back for every dollar put in by Kentucky) and the federal programs KY gets funded more than NJ.
        Paul wants no military -- except the bases in his state.
        He wants no Medicaid -- except the money that comes to his state.
        He wants no infrastructure spending -- except there, too, KY got more $ per capita than NJ. If you've ever driven the NJ Tpke or Garden State Hwy, I rest my case there.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democrac … -rand-paul

2. Jeff Berndt profile image92
      Jeff Berndtposted 3 years ago in reply to this

"I wonder if Paul feels the same way about Texas now getting FEMA relief for their plant explosion."
      If he's consistent, he does. But I haven't heard him saying anything about it.

The orthodox libertarian philosophy would say that the owners of the fertilizer plant should have to pay reparations to all of the people who were hurt, and the families of those who were killed, and anyone whose property was damaged (including loss of value to their homes/other real estate).

But those rules only seem to apply to people who don't have a big bag of money.

working