jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

Will You Be Boycotting the New Star Wars Movie?

1. Sychophantastic profile image82
    Sychophantasticposted 3 months ago

I've been reading recently how the new Star Wars movie, Rogue One, is anti-Trump.

First, some of the creators of the film have posted anti-Trump messages. They've also changed the nature of the Star Wars universe to exclude white people and emphasize multi-culturalism. It's also rumored, although Disney has denied this, that the filmmakers went back and re-edited the film to include anti-Trump messages.

Because of the movie's disdain for our President-elect, I've decided that I won't see Star Wars: Rogue One.

How about you?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 months ago in reply to this

That some producers were anti-Trump doesn't bother me; I'm sure some were pro-Trump as well.

I don't have a problem with multi-culturalism.  Now if they suddenly changed the race of a major character I'd have to say it was just another ad campaign for being PC and might boycott.

I don't believe that recorded film was changed to include slogans against Trump.  They would hardly fit in with a sci fi movie of the distant future and subliminal messages are illegal.

2. colorfulone profile image89
      colorfuloneposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I don't go out of my way to see a new movie.  I view very few movies on subscription sites via the internet. Its possible I'll see "Rogue One" someday, maybe not since I am indifferent.

3. Don W profile image82
      Don Wposted 3 months ago in reply to this

"They've also changed the nature of the Star Wars universe to exclude white people and emphasize multi-culturalism"

They've also totally lived up to the nature of the Star Wars universe to include a more diverse cast instead of just white people and emphasize multiculturalism, and multispeciesism in this totally imaginary universe.

Fixed that for you.

p.s. Have you been to see the santa who happens to be played by a black guy? I hear he's doing a great job. Looking forward to seeing Asian and Hispanic santa. And a Mrs. Santa would be fantastic! Isn't diversity a wonderful thing.

4. PhoenixV profile image79
      PhoenixVposted 3 months ago in reply to this

It wont be necessary to boycott the movie. Hollywood and all its personnel are moving to Canada. They are very upset on a deep personal level.

5. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 3 months ago in reply to this

You have some kind of evidence to support this stuff? Cite your sources and give us all a little fun.

6. Live to Learn profile image82
      Live to Learnposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I would speculate that the universe will be more multi cultural than white so I would be worried if that bothered someone.

I plan on seeing the movie at some point. But, I control a very small voting block so I may not be able to convince the family to see it on the big screen.

2. colorfulone profile image89
    colorfuloneposted 3 months ago

“Rogue Won: A Culture War Story.” -  Too Funny!  smile
    http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13313512.jpg

"The faux Star Wars poster features a heroic-looking image of Trump with an ominous image of Clinton lurking in the background. Huddled around Trump are his senior counselor Steve Bannon, pundit Ann Coulter, Breitbart News tech editor Milo Yiannopoulos, Fox News host Sean Hannity, Wikileaks founder Julian Assange and Vice Media co-founder Gavin McInnes, an early Trump supporter." (Hollywood Reporter)

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13313516.jpg

"The posters were created by conservative street artist, Sabo, who has previously attacked Leonardo DiCaprio, Nate Parker, Lena Dunham, Cher and other celebrities in his artwork. His typical method of operation is to plaster his creations all over a designated area before the sun rises, and the posters usually remain for several hours before authorities — or offended liberals — remove them."

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 months ago

Some Hollywood A-listers are left wing. Shocking.  If you are only going to watch movies made entirely by right wingers that is really going to limit your options.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 months ago

Oh please.
    The same people made a stink when the last Star Wars movie ("Force Awakens") opened too, cuz Hollywood had the audacity to put a black man and a woman in the lead roles instead of a white male hero. (Shocking! How COULD they?)
    Those social media protests were laughed off the internet then, just like the anti-"Rogue One" people are being laughed at now.
    "Rogue One" is going make a @#$% load of money either way.

5. mrpopo profile image89
    mrpopoposted 3 months ago

How many more people are going to continue to fall for your obvious trolling?

1. Will Apse profile image90

Yeah, notorious troll asks for evidence of unlikely assertion. I should be banned.

1. mrpopo profile image89
        mrpopoposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Not you, the OP.

1. Will Apse profile image90

I reckon I should still be banned. Asking for evidence will soon be a crime.

1. Live to Learn profile image82
            Live to Learnposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Lack of evidence doesn't seem to be a problem for you, either. smile

6. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 months ago

This past Monday, Star Wars Rogue One's worldwide box office total reached $800 million (and still climbing)...

...so hey, obviously that boycott thing is working out GREAT, huh?  big_smile

7. Paul Wingert profile image80
    Paul Wingertposted 2 months ago

The orange man-baby has a 40% approval rating. So what if trumptards boycott the movie - it still broke the box office.

8. blueheron profile image96
    blueheronposted 2 months ago

Are there really people who watch Hollywood's shoddy trash?

9. Bubblegum Senpai profile image85
    Bubblegum Senpaiposted 2 months ago

So you basically admit all these things are just rumors, and yet you're boycotting anyways based on only rumors? Idunno. I prefer to base my decisions on evidence. That includes what I watch, and where I cast my vote. No problems with you supporting Trump, but I hope your vote was based on more evidence than your decision to boycott a film.

working