Will You Be Boycotting the New Star Wars Movie?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Sychophantastic profile image85
    Sychophantasticposted 7 years ago

I've been reading recently how the new Star Wars movie, Rogue One, is anti-Trump.

First, some of the creators of the film have posted anti-Trump messages. They've also changed the nature of the Star Wars universe to exclude white people and emphasize multi-culturalism. It's also rumored, although Disney has denied this, that the filmmakers went back and re-edited the film to include anti-Trump messages.

Because of the movie's disdain for our President-elect, I've decided that I won't see Star Wars: Rogue One.

How about you?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That some producers were anti-Trump doesn't bother me; I'm sure some were pro-Trump as well.

I don't have a problem with multi-culturalism.  Now if they suddenly changed the race of a major character I'd have to say it was just another ad campaign for being PC and might boycott.

I don't believe that recorded film was changed to include slogans against Trump.  They would hardly fit in with a sci fi movie of the distant future and subliminal messages are illegal.

2. colorfulone profile image77
      colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't go out of my way to see a new movie.  I view very few movies on subscription sites via the internet. Its possible I'll see "Rogue One" someday, maybe not since I am indifferent.

3. Don W profile image82
      Don Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"They've also changed the nature of the Star Wars universe to exclude white people and emphasize multi-culturalism"

They've also totally lived up to the nature of the Star Wars universe to include a more diverse cast instead of just white people and emphasize multiculturalism, and multispeciesism in this totally imaginary universe.

Fixed that for you.

p.s. Have you been to see the santa who happens to be played by a black guy? I hear he's doing a great job. Looking forward to seeing Asian and Hispanic santa. And a Mrs. Santa would be fantastic! Isn't diversity a wonderful thing.

4. PhoenixV profile image63
      PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It wont be necessary to boycott the movie. Hollywood and all its personnel are moving to Canada. They are very upset on a deep personal level.

5. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You have some kind of evidence to support this stuff? Cite your sources and give us all a little fun.

6. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I would speculate that the universe will be more multi cultural than white so I would be worried if that bothered someone.

I plan on seeing the movie at some point. But, I control a very small voting block so I may not be able to convince the family to see it on the big screen.

2. colorfulone profile image77
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

“Rogue Won: A Culture War Story.” -  Too Funny!  smile
    http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13313512.jpg

"The faux Star Wars poster features a heroic-looking image of Trump with an ominous image of Clinton lurking in the background. Huddled around Trump are his senior counselor Steve Bannon, pundit Ann Coulter, Breitbart News tech editor Milo Yiannopoulos, Fox News host Sean Hannity, Wikileaks founder Julian Assange and Vice Media co-founder Gavin McInnes, an early Trump supporter." (Hollywood Reporter)

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13313516.jpg

"The posters were created by conservative street artist, Sabo, who has previously attacked Leonardo DiCaprio, Nate Parker, Lena Dunham, Cher and other celebrities in his artwork. His typical method of operation is to plaster his creations all over a designated area before the sun rises, and the posters usually remain for several hours before authorities — or offended liberals — remove them."

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

Some Hollywood A-listers are left wing. Shocking.  If you are only going to watch movies made entirely by right wingers that is really going to limit your options.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 7 years ago

Oh please.
    The same people made a stink when the last Star Wars movie ("Force Awakens") opened too, cuz Hollywood had the audacity to put a black man and a woman in the lead roles instead of a white male hero. (Shocking! How COULD they?)
    Those social media protests were laughed off the internet then, just like the anti-"Rogue One" people are being laughed at now.
    "Rogue One" is going make a @#$% load of money either way.

5. mrpopo profile image72
    mrpopoposted 7 years ago

How many more people are going to continue to fall for your obvious trolling?

1. Will Apse profile image89

Yeah, notorious troll asks for evidence of unlikely assertion. I should be banned.

1. mrpopo profile image72
        mrpopoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Not you, the OP.

1. Will Apse profile image89

I reckon I should still be banned. Asking for evidence will soon be a crime.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
            Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Lack of evidence doesn't seem to be a problem for you, either. smile

6. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 7 years ago

This past Monday, Star Wars Rogue One's worldwide box office total reached $800 million (and still climbing)...

...so hey, obviously that boycott thing is working out GREAT, huh?  big_smile

7. Paul Wingert profile image61
    Paul Wingertposted 7 years ago

The orange man-baby has a 40% approval rating. So what if trumptards boycott the movie - it still broke the box office.

8. blueheron profile image91
    blueheronposted 7 years ago

Are there really people who watch Hollywood's shoddy trash?

9. Bubblegum Senpai profile image87
    Bubblegum Senpaiposted 7 years ago

So you basically admit all these things are just rumors, and yet you're boycotting anyways based on only rumors? Idunno. I prefer to base my decisions on evidence. That includes what I watch, and where I cast my vote. No problems with you supporting Trump, but I hope your vote was based on more evidence than your decision to boycott a film.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)