the climate change theory

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (54 posts)
  1. SparklingJewel profile image65
    SparklingJewelposted 14 years ago

here's a sensationalized Jessie Ventura "Conspiracy Theory" episode on climate change--its summation is not that climate change is not true, but that it is being used to make money for elitists around the world

check it out...lots of good information...

Ventura is a hoot in how he speaks so sensationally!

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/774.html

the single screen start over several times with each segment

1. egiv profile image61
      egivposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hahahahaha Jessie Ventura! What a crock... seriously I hope nobody actually watches this like it has any real information. What evidence does he show? He just repeats that we are being taken advantage of and they are taking control over us.

The only one trying to make money off this is Jessie Ventura!! What's he doing with the profits from his show?? A new Hummer maybe?

2. Judith Gill profile image61
      Judith Gillposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Global warming is a fact. I think most people will agree with that. Question is:is it a natural phenomenon or is it caused by us on earth?

Al Gore gives us some pretty convincing evidence that says we on earth are the cause of global warming. Problem is, there are reputable scientists who say the problem is natural. Who are we to believe?

I'm not a scientist and I am unlikely to be in a position to have all the facts in my possession. In looking at evidence presented by both sides of the argument so far, though, I am inclined to believe that global warming is a natural phemomenon.

What concerns me is that nations are being far too quick to jump onto the band wagon. I think there's a lot more information to evaluate before we dive in and join the man-made side of the argument.

3. KFlippin profile image60
      KFlippinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is being used to make money for elitists, never doubt that, ever.  The carbon trading schemes and the global warming alarms are mated concepts to promote the enrichment of the few and the added costs of living of the masses.  That said, it doesn't mean I don't think we should address global warming, just that the United Nations and their minions have ambitions well beyond such a small thing as global warming that they have blown far and away out of proportion.  If it is so imminent, we should all have one big dang party.  It's pretty hot in my neck of the woods, we'll see what next year brings.

2. marinealways24 profile image58
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

I think it is a government created religion.

SparklingJewelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

climate change or money off the citizens through government taxes?

1. marinealways24 profile image58
        marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The use of climate change to give people a purpose and belief while also creating control through taxation.

3. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Algore is sure getting rich from it!!

4. SparklingJewel profile image65
    SparklingJewelposted 14 years ago

According to Jessie's video, Al Gore is making billions from the proposed deals...but he is not the top guy in charge and may even be being duped to a degree like all middle men are.

yea, he thinks he can get rich and have no problem leaving a huge carbon footprint in the doing...but we are all too smart to go along with allowing elitists to run us any more...aren't we !? smile

How long has religion existed?

well since the beginning of recorded history...depending on how you define religions smile

Like a religious belief, what do you think global warming believers respond when you tell them their belief is a scam? They believe their purpose is saving the planet. If you tell them it is a lie, it's like telling a religious person that God is a lie.

yes, but that is the defining point...that its not that climate change does not need to be addressed, but who you allow to lead you to do so is.

Truly...the elitists aren't even sure what is true about global warming, they just know they can get others to beleive it and scam them to get their money, and not acutally do anything, or very little, to make a difference with the possible global warming scenario...people really need to wake up and get a grip..

2. profile image56
            panamahatposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So there's no damage to the environment, or there is but it doesn't matter?

5. William R. Wilson profile image59
    William R. Wilsonposted 14 years ago

Funny that you give so much credibility to a TV show host.  Don't you think he's making money off of this too?

Let's say that global warming is real.

How do you propose to fix it?

I'm not a fan of any particular solution, but don't you think that someone will make money from it?  Isn't that the American way?

6. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

He does a good job of exposing the fraud for money scam.  And the supporters of the Agenda.  Maurice Strong is a name most people have never heard of and is associated with more scandal than one can imagine.

Strong is a Criminal.

The only downside to this entire report is when Ventura Caves to his "Friend" Al Gore.

7. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

Global warming is not caused by man and is not caused by CO2. Now that more scientists are prepared to speak out, we are getting to the truth. The Earth heats up and cools down in cycles, and the major factor is the activity of the sun. Right now, the Earth is not even warming up, it is in fact cooling - A very inconvenient truth for Mr Gore.

Al Gore is a fraud and is laughing all the way to the bank. He invents the global warming scam, then invents carbon credit trading, and now stands to make BILLIONS of dollars from it. 
    There is evidence all over the Internet now that it is all a big hoax. Of course Mr Gore now says that the debate is over.

Did you know that a British Judge ruled to stop his film being shown in British schools because it was found to be inaccurate (contained lies) on 9 significant facts about global warming?
    The person who brought the case has challenged Gore to an open debate many times but Gore refuses.

8. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I think that is the most unconvincing beat up I have ever seen! Hilarious!

9. sannyasinman profile image60

If you are really interested in the truth about global warming, watch this video. This is a serious presentation which shows Al Gore and his multi Bilion dollar business to be a fraud.
    It shows quite clearly, rationally, and scientifically that global warming is NOT caused by CO2 emissions.

It's time to stop mocking the global warming skeptics and open your eyes and ears to what is really happening. We should not sacrifice our freedom and our countries sovereignty and be taxed to the hilt because of this hoax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TqqWJugXzs

The evidence that our CO2 emissions are not causinga global warming is presented in part 3.

1. William R. Wilson profile image59
      William R. Wilsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That movie was found to be misleading and factually inaccurate by OfCom.

CO2 is a green house gas.  There is no question about that. 

The planet is warming - there is no question about that. 

There is more CO2 in the atmosphere now than there has been in the past 20 million years.

I have written about this extensively here on hubpages. 

The evidence is very clear.

10. Wayne Orvisburg profile image62
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 14 years ago

Now, I have not made my decision on global warming yet. I think the Earth goes through natural cycles anyway. BUT, you gotta admit, we have put A LOT of nasty stuff in the air. Isn't it possible it's doing something bad?

11. sannyasinman profile image60

I watched the Al Gore film from start to finish, and at the time I like most people, believed every word of it. Now I have opened my eyes, and changed my mind.

Have you actually watched this film all the way through?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TqqWJugXzs
    Watch it first and then form your own opinion.

The nine errors in Gore's film alleged by the British judge included:

# Mr Gore's assertion that a sea-level rise of up to 20 feet would be caused by melting of ice in either West Antarctica or Greenland "in the near future". The judge said this was "distinctly alarmist" and it was common ground that if Greenland's ice melted it would release this amount of water - "but only after, and over, millennia".

# Mr Gore's assertion that the disappearance of snow on Mount Kilimanjaro in East Africa was expressly attributable to global warming - the court heard the scientific consensus was that it cannot be established the snow recession is mainly attributable to human-induced climate change.

# Mr Gore's reference to a new scientific study showing that, for the first time, polar bears had actually drowned "swimming long distances - up to 60 miles - to find the ice". The judge said: "The only scientific study that either side before me can find is one which indicates that four polar bears have recently been found drowned because of a storm."

As for OFCOM, the film was NOT DISCREDITED. Please do not throw the baby out with the bath water. Here is what OFCOM actually said:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 … nemissions

If I accept that the Great Global Warming Swindle was not discredited, will you accept that An Inconvenient Truth was not discredited either?

The things you list above are relatively minor.  They do not disprove the idea that global warming is happening or that it is caused by human CO2 emissions. 

The GGWS, on the other hand, misrepresented the words of scientists who were quoted in the film and used misleading graphs among other things. 

The ofcom decision was limited to a very small area:  "the regulator could only assess the complaints under a different rule: that such programmes must not "mislead the audience so as to cause harm or offence.""

12. Unkotare profile image58
    Unkotareposted 14 years ago

"Jessie Ventura" could be replaced with "Al Gore" very accurately in the opposite direction. They are similar characters.

13. profile image0
    WizardOfOzposted 14 years ago

the planet will survive without us.  Us on the other hand are all going to die.

1. Unkotare profile image58
      Unkotareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So, what's new?

1. profile image0
        WizardOfOzposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't ask me!  I don't buy the newspaper lol

14. profile image0
    WizardOfOzposted 14 years ago

Worst case scenario, earth is no longer suitable for humans.  We either fly away to some other planet or just die off.  Does it really matter?

15. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Overnight in Houston 20deg, enough said.

16. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 14 years ago

Here's some breaking news....

Thousands gather to protest Global Warming....

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/2401712_f520.jpg

I've a hub about the Copenhagen Treaty that exposes this con job.

1. The earth is not in trouble, it's man that's got the problem.
    2. If the changes in climate wiped out humanity, the earth would be like the garden of Eden in a couple of hundred years.
    3. Ain't gonna happen 'cos Christ will return before Al Gore gets richer and the New World Order take over completely.

Yo Ho Ho! cool

17. BobLloyd profile image61
    BobLloydposted 14 years ago

The ice caps are melting, the glaciers of Greenland are melting, the ice in Antartica is retreating, the oceans are becoming more acid, the atmosphere is warming, and yet there are veritable ostriches who refuse time and again to consider the evidence.

If, kicking and screaming, they actually get to face the evidence, they deny humans have anything to do with it.  They see the evidence of the greenhouse effect, the effect of carbon dioxide, the computer models, and they cry scam - they see a tax attack coming and their eyes cloud over, their brains unable any longer to hold more than that one terrifying thought in their heads.  Oh Lordy! The Big Bad Government is going to do SOMETHING that affects ME!

They hear about Malenkovich cycles, global dimming, hockey sticks, water vapour, and sudden cooling, and come over all ambiguous.  At last, there's enough material to pretend there is some doubt about the conclusions.  They claim "it's not us, it's just cycles", and so we don't have to be taxed.  And back the heads go into the sand again.

But anyone seriously thinking about this issue will realise that global warming is the result of many interrelated factors, the overwhelmingly important one being human production of carbon dioxide.  The computer models take into account all the factors seized by the deniers, quantify them, and integrate them into the predictions.  And still the problem is us producing the carbon dioxide. Science isn't just opinion, it's based on evidence and denying it doesn't change the facts.

But all that is way too complicated for the deniers.  It's far easier to parrot some glib denier phrases, accuse someone of conspiracy or venality, or better, insist that nothing happens until everything is certain. Let's just fry the world while we wait for your last 1% of certainty.

Get real guys!

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry you're upset can I send you a bag of ice?

1. BobLloyd profile image61
        BobLloydposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not upset, just immensely disappointed at how self-interest can cloud some folks' appreciation of really important issues. Maybe it really is true that blind self-interest is ingrained in the American psyche but I still hope for signs that it isn't true.

1. creepy profile image56
          creepyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i hope you arent looking at al gore as some benevolent being void of self interest you would or should be very dissapointed

I didn't see Bob mention Al Gore in his post at all.

2. Unkotare profile image58
      Unkotareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And only Al Gore can save us!

Bob, don't let the trolls provoke you, or drive you away like they've driven away other fine writers on this site.

1. creepy profile image56
          creepyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

whats a troll

18. Paraglider profile image87
    Paragliderposted 14 years ago

Climate change denial is largely an American phenomenon. Those of us who live elsewhere, and have no interest whatsoever in politicising everything with your Gore man as the focus, tend to be better placed to consider the science of the situation.

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

20deg Houston Texas.

1. Paraglider profile image87
        Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Happy New Year, mate - keep the jokes flowing wink

Q. What's the difference between climate and weather?
        A. I'll tell you in a few years.

2. kerryg profile image84
        kerrygposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting Kerry - its' definitely cooler than normal where I am, and apparently in Texas too. I'm not sure about the rest of the nation.

1. aguasilver profile image70
            aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We had snow in Seville (Spain) for the first time in 50 years......

1. BobLloyd profile image61
              BobLloydposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are some interesting confusions amongst the global warming deniers which bear some clarification.

1.  It's been snowing therefore there's no global warming.  That's the confusion between weather and climate.  The latter is a global trend, the former is a local occurrence. Within global climate there are extremes of weather, and it is the change in the pattern of those extremes which is important.

Here is Southern Spain, we've had snow in Cordoba and Seville.  Is that evidence against global warming?  No, not at all.  It's just some extreme weather.  The trend of global warming is still evidenced by the rise in land, sea and air temperatures, the change in rainfall patterns, and all the rest.

2.  It's all about Al Gore.  Whether Al Gore produced his film and wrote his book or not, the evidence remains the same.  The scientific case demonstrating the reality of global warming is independent of opinion.  Science doesn't depend on consensus, or belief.

3.  It is often assumed that climate models don't take into account some particular factor such as Malenkovich cycles, or solar activity, or the mythical medieval warm period, or water vapour as a greenhouse gas, etc.  In fact, you can check with the IPCC site and look at exactly what is included in the models and it covers all of the above and many more.

The models work with some external constraints set, such as the size of the water mass on the planet, together with some internal dynamic modelling when different scenarios are calculated.  Those models have to correlate with current measurements before they are acceptable.  In other words, they have to accurately predict current measurements from the data from previous years.  They do.  They are accurate and trustworthy.  And the IPCC is remarkably detailed in its publication of risk, probability, uncertainty, and error data.  So you can check it yourself.

The calculated levels of accuracy quantify the uncertainty and the IPCC projections all include the measure of probability.

4. The claim that it is all a money-making venture seems to ignore totally the significance of the scientific data.  Even supposing someone was making money out of it (and there was one claim that it was lightbulb manufacturers!) the science remains the same - global warming is happening.

The suggestion that it is some kind of conspiracy likewise ignores the science.  But any conspiracy which has to honestly present the science to deliver a universally unpopular message probably needs to find something else to conspire about.  And how on earth did they get 100,000 climate scientists around the world to agree to cheat in the same way across all data sets at the same time - and they don't even all speak the same language smile

1. Misha profile image62
                Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, another believer smile

19. bgpappa profile image82
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

Funny how the extemes in tempature, what proponents of climate change said would happen, are being ignored so much by those fighting against it.  Doesn't anyone wonder why Florida is frozen?

20. sannyasinman profile image60

I saw a video about climate change which stated that less than 1% of CO2 in the atmosphere is attributable to human emissions.
    It's hard to see how this could have the catastrophic affect that the climate change alarmists claim. 

Watch these 2 videos and tell me that you still believe Al Gore. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQimtPoKb_8&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH0Ryek7rHk&NR=1

The climate change debate is not over.

21. profile image50
    LearningGeekposted 13 years ago

After looking over this newsgroup and others related to the topic called "global warming"  I have a question for this group.

Does anyone know of journals, websites, or other resources that provide scientific data on either or both sides of the global warming question? 

I have my own opinion formed over many years of watching Nat Geo and Science Channels on TV, but I acknowledge that these sources may be biased.  I want facts from scientists who have data. 

Thank you from a new member!

22. Dominionmaster2 profile image62
    Dominionmaster2posted 13 years ago

The question of global warming is not whether or not it is real, it is a matter of is it Natural? The indications of this seem to point to yes it is quite natural. I have long followed this subject in the Media as well as in scientific Journals, and we have gone through many such periods of Global heating as well as global cooling.
       This Whole global warming issue is really in fact a non-issue, it is the normal course of the planet, long before we had industry or pollution, there were times of heating and cooling on this planet. Now with that said, I would like to challenge any of you doomsayers to check out the truth behind the so called conspiracy theories about global warming, read the proposals on the carbon tax issue and just follow where the money will go, it is as simple as reading and taking an interest in making up your own mind through informed research and through what the mainstream media spoon feeds you on a daily basis. The money collected from this rouse will do nothing to change the issue itself.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image63
      Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The effect of greenhouse gases on climate is well documented. Why is it so hard for you deniers to comprehend that natural forces AND man made forces influence the climate?

1. Dominionmaster2 profile image62
        Dominionmaster2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ralph I am not a denier, I am a never was kinda guy. To deny that something is a problem is to accept that it might be, or might have been. I am simply saying it never was a problem. There are many instances in time where the polar ice caps have begun to melt and then were once again replenished. Mount Kilimanjaro's peaks have been minus their snow caps before.
              The idea of taxing me and my children for leaving a carbon foot print created by the very people who helped push all of this technology on us to begin with is insane. It is like me pointing a gun at you and telling you to punch me in the face or I will kill you, and then shooting you for complying. It is Wrong wrong wrong. No matter how you slice it.
                Now for the thing about green house gases, you are right they do exist, but they have always existed, long before us and well after we are gone.

1. KFlippin profile image60
          KFlippinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, how I wish that your words, your thinking, could find their way to the mainstream mind of America.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)